Mar 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2015Sep 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/PDT1.gif
:simpsons/PDT1.gif

His post match speach was attociaous - - people may disagree with me but my opinion is its because of people like him we have no "White Knight"

his 1st comment was

"Shut up and listen to me if you think you support Leigh, if you wanna carry on talking then you must not care"

He NEVER congratulated any Leigh players for the season we have had.

He NEVER congratulated mark aston and the sheffield players for winning and getting to the final - even though they were the better team.

He read a poem ?!?!? then went on to say we have lost £30k today potentally £50k, we needed that . . he was more bothered about the money we have lost that the success we have had all season.
no one applauded him wen he came down and mark aston and sheffield players looked dumfounded with the speil he wwas coming out with.

basil got up for his speach and barton sat there arms folded not even interested
( For the record basil's 1st comment was well done to mark Aston and sheffiels = the better team won)

The main match day sponsor (Taylor Drilling) went up to present the man of match to deano and Barton sat there arms folded and didnt even applaud.

this is supposed to be our CEO who has "his best interest in the club" = = absoulte turd

sooner he goes the better

like I said people may not agree but this is my opinion

Rant Over

P.S. the sheffield chairman was a really nice down to earth guy who we was chatting to - he said on the way out -
"If he wants to know how to run a club on low income he only has to ask and we well gladley assist in any way we can" - - if u read the Trevor give him a ring

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach171No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2015Nov 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

what came across to me was a person who is very concerned about his club.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member1809No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2018Jun 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3728_1303763033.jpg
[b]Always be wary of any helpful item that weighs less than its operating manual[/b] [b]Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.[/b]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_3728.jpg

The board needed the money desperately, but it is very unproffessional not to congratulate the Sheffield team on their performance.
Strap on your skis because its all down hill from here.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8642No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2012Feb 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Black Backgrounds/Beaker.gif
:Black Backgrounds/Beaker.gif

I am gutted too but I clapped our lads off.

Bad performance when it matters I am used to it.

Well done Sheffield they played well.

Re Trevor I am sure he is just as gutted as the rest of us.

Re the players thanks for a great season. Oh and thanks and good luck to Basil.

I will still be buying a season ticket for next season.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3495No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2014Dec 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I've read some ignorant sh*te on here but thats the best.

He's one of the main reasons we got to the end of the season in the first place.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner33944No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9005.jpg
kcab sfrawdder Luck is a combination of preparation and opportunity Just to avoid confusion Starbug is the username of Steven Pike SOMEBODY SAID that it couldn’t be done But he with a chuckle replied That “maybe it couldn’t,” but he would be one Who wouldn’t say so till he’d tried. So he buckled right in with the trace of a grin On his face. If he worried he hid it. He started to sing as he tackled the thing That couldn’t be done, and he did it!:9005.jpg

While not disagreeing with the OP s sentiments if that is what happened , the season is now over for us , for Trevor however , it isn't , he has to find the players wages next month , and attempt to put together a budget to employ coaching staff and players for next season , which if he gets wrong , he will be heavily criticised for

We can all just walk away till boxing day or the NRC prelims in February , but there is a club to be payed for , not much fun being involved with a pro sports club , I've been there and bought the t shirt icon_rolleyes.gif

J20
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6096No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Oct 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45011_1321315422.jpg
This isn't a sleeping giant, it's a giant! Denis Betts Nov 2010 Twitter: @JoeyViking:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_45011.jpg

Problem I guess is that he was probably desperate for the cash from the GF and maybe more but having lost his emotion would have been on a completely different level to players and staff, though if going to make speech could do better.

Hope you guy's get sorted asap even if it's just going back to basics in terms of squad and set up, your too big a club and an incredibel rugby league town not to be aspiring to bigger and better things icon_thumb.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner33944No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9005.jpg
kcab sfrawdder Luck is a combination of preparation and opportunity Just to avoid confusion Starbug is the username of Steven Pike SOMEBODY SAID that it couldn’t be done But he with a chuckle replied That “maybe it couldn’t,” but he would be one Who wouldn’t say so till he’d tried. So he buckled right in with the trace of a grin On his face. If he worried he hid it. He started to sing as he tackled the thing That couldn’t be done, and he did it!:9005.jpg

Quote: J20 "Problem I guess is that he was probably desperate for the cash from the GF and maybe more but having lost his emotion would have been on a completely different level to players and staff, though if going to make speech could do better.

Hope you guy's get sorted asap even if it's just going back to basics in terms of squad and set up, your too big a club and an incredibel rugby league town not to be aspiring to bigger and better things
No we aren't

J20
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6096No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Oct 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45011_1321315422.jpg
This isn't a sleeping giant, it's a giant! Denis Betts Nov 2010 Twitter: @JoeyViking:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_45011.jpg

Quote: Starbug "No we aren't'"

I do mean more having to scrape around penny for penny to running then dominating SL but should be at least top end of Champ pushing for SL in various methods.

RankPostsTeam
International Star35No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2011Sep 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
53565_1290100257.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_53565.jpg

how anybody can say such utter botty wash about trevor is beyond me. No trevor . . . .No club . . . End of!! . What do you expect him to do ? . We lost probably 50 to 60 grand last night . Of which makes matters a whole lot worse than before the game . Thank your lucky stars he is with us . I know trevor and if anybody can sort this . . He sure will trust me on that score icon_smile.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1467
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2023Nov 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13940.gif
:13940.gif

Quote: sangy "His post match speach was attociaous - - people may disagree with me but my opinion is its because of people like him we have no "White Knight"

his 1st comment was

"Shut up and listen to me if you think you support Leigh, if you wanna carry on talking then you must not care"

He NEVER congratulated any Leigh players for the season we have had.

He NEVER congratulated mark aston and the sheffield players for winning and getting to the final - even though they were the better team.

He read a poem ?!?!? then went on to say we have lost £30k today potentally £50k, we needed that . . he was more bothered about the money we have lost that the success we have had all season.
no one applauded him wen he came down and mark aston and sheffield players looked dumfounded with the speil he wwas coming out with.

basil got up for his speach and barton sat there arms folded not even interested
( For the record basil's 1st comment was well done to mark Aston and sheffiels

Why don't you offer to take over from Mr Barton and show us all how you can do better.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member11989
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2020Mar 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I didn't witness any of the post-match speeches, so can't comment on what was/wasn't said.

However, without TB at the helm, we wouldn't have even been watching a game last night. We'd have been dead and buried. The man is at least as passionate as the rest of us about OUR team. That's why he agreed to take on the job of leading the club through this mire and onwards. Nobody is better qualified to do the job - and he's doing it for nowt. At his age, he could be fully retired and sit there moaning, like many/all of us do, from time to time. But he isn't - instead, he's busting a gut to try and salvage the club and then move it on, to better things.

There are exciting plans to be implemented, but we are all going to have to pull together or it's going to be even more difficult to implement them.

RankPostsTeam
International Star148No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2017Dec 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I didn't hear Trevor’s post match comments, however I have met him and discussed the future of the club with him, and I know that he cares deeply and is fighting hard to keep this club afloat, its a hand to mouth existence at the club at the moment and will be for some time to come.
He cares, we care, so to try and suggest he doesn't is a disgrace, success has many fathers, but failure just the one... Trevor? I don't think so, everything he's done, in so little time has to be seen as a success, the club still lives and breathes and so long a we have a breath we can survive.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator22898No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2023Mar 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15778_1321882771.png
L.I.S.A Secretary [url=http://www.leigh-isa.org.uk:1gm9a4wz]LISA website[/url:1gm9a4wz]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_15778.png

I wouldn't have like to have to stand up and make a speech on last night game and at the time he was probably very upset and he obviously hadnt planned his speech.
He and a lot of others are working very hard to keep the club going, so he made a mistake or two in his speech, so what. He human after all.

Also at least they was someone up there to speak to the fans, us in the Legends bar didnt get the hear anything at all, as no one turned up!!!!!!

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member16601No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2024Nov 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
cartoons/WB181.gif
:cartoons/WB181.gif

I have had some dealings with Trevor, he wants this club to survive and has put his head above the parapit to make it happen, if there are any other volunteers then put your hand up now
I personally will never see totally eye to eye with him, we are from different blood lines - he is the ultimate political animal, I am the opposite - what we both want is the same thing - a vibrant, viable and successful LRLFC. He has my total respect.
We have factions in the towns RL folk, the East and the Miners. If we want to make our club the best it can be then we must be united in our stance and open and honest about the challenges we face.
Trevor knew better than most last night that the game was immaterial, but the loss of income may end us. He was probably the chief exec staring into the abyss with a fdinancial black hole over his shoulder.
If Martin Ainscough or any other person/group wants to say he does not want to be involved with LRLFC because of Trevor then I am sure he will do whats right for the club, if he doesnt then I will be very suprised.
I await the white knights to come forward, in the meantime we need to sort out NOW and that means you and I and every so called lover of our club.

47 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Dick Jones , jonny the leyther , mish
47 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Dick Jones , jonny the leyther , mish

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.1337890625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Shareholders Meeting
Scarlet Pimp
Recent
Bulls Accounts up to Nov 2023
Blotto
Recent