FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Warrington Wolves > Petition to improve the standard of officiating - SIGN NOW
39 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach4068
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Darlings of Super League:

Quote: ScottHKR "On what grounds?

If you're going to insult me, don't do in the public domain.'"

If you're going to dismiss the laws of physics as 'cr@p', I suspect the RFL and reffing authorities aren't going to take you seriously. The use of the video referee for forward passes in rugby union takes full account of momentum.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9667
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46003_1489786199.png
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_46003.png

Quote: Horatio Yed "Lets leave the direct insults in the playground please.'"

ScottHKR likes the roundabout more than he likes the swings.

Like that?

RankPostsTeam
International Star66
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2013Aug 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: just_browny "If you're going to dismiss the laws of physics as 'cr@p', I suspect the RFL and reffing authorities aren't going to take you seriously. The use of the video referee for forward passes in rugby union takes full account of momentum.'"

You pass the ball backwards. If it is caught in front of the passer then it should be a forward pass.

It should not be any deeper than that.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach4068
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Darlings of Super League:

If you want to change the laws of physics, such that no player could ever pass the ball while running again, simply because it's too complex a subject for you to get your head around, then I'll risk a ban and stick with my assertion that you are not that bright - even for a Hull KR supporter.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2233No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2013Oct 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
50086_1357229109.jpg
[b:33tg3xj5]Me:[/b:33tg3xj5] I'm still reeling from the news that someone is considering watching the 1st and 3rd game on Saturday and NOT watching Warrington play. It's like being in Shea Stadium when the Beatles came to town and deciding to nip out for a fag. [b:33tg3xj5]knockersbumpMKII:[/b:33tg3xj5] Is it FOOK, you're good but you're not THAT good, jesus you wanky fans need to get over yourselves, Beatles at the Shea in '65 was a once in a lifetime opportunity for some (despite the following years performance), you can watch a very good team in primrose & yellow play every week if you really wanted to but comparing it to one of the very best music groups of all time in an iconic stadia such as the shea is overegging your importance, you're not even the best team in SL atm:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_50086.jpg

I don't think this is about the standard of officiating, more the laws of the game.

It does not matter if the ball travels forward. RFL Laws, Section 10, Note 1The direction of a pass is relative to the player making it and not to the actual path relative to the ground. A player running towards his opponents’ goal line may throw the ball towards a colleague who is behind him but because of the thrower’s own momentum the ball travels forward relative to the ground. This is not a forward pass as the thrower has not passed the ball forward in relation to himself. This is particularly noticeable when a running player makes a high, lobbed pass.'"

rflmedia.therfl.co.uk/docs/RFL%2 ... 202013.pdf

It's whether the ball is passed forward, not whether it has travelled forward. If Player A passes the ball backwards at the half way line, but because of momentum Player B catches it 1 metre past the half way line, it is not a forward pass. It looks like one, and we'd all be screaming for it, but it isn't. If the ball is passed backwards that is all that counts.

Now, is Scott is saying that momentum should be discounted, and it should only matter if it travels forward that's different. But we'll need to change the laws of the game, it's not about refereeing in my view.
I don't think this is about the standard of officiating, more the laws of the game.

It does not matter if the ball travels forward. RFL Laws, Section 10, Note 1The direction of a pass is relative to the player making it and not to the actual path relative to the ground. A player running towards his opponents’ goal line may throw the ball towards a colleague who is behind him but because of the thrower’s own momentum the ball travels forward relative to the ground. This is not a forward pass as the thrower has not passed the ball forward in relation to himself. This is particularly noticeable when a running player makes a high, lobbed pass.'"

rflmedia.therfl.co.uk/docs/RFL%2 ... 202013.pdf

It's whether the ball is passed forward, not whether it has travelled forward. If Player A passes the ball backwards at the half way line, but because of momentum Player B catches it 1 metre past the half way line, it is not a forward pass. It looks like one, and we'd all be screaming for it, but it isn't. If the ball is passed backwards that is all that counts.

Now, is Scott is saying that momentum should be discounted, and it should only matter if it travels forward that's different. But we'll need to change the laws of the game, it's not about refereeing in my view.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach5558No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2022Oct 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Games/PDT_003.gif
:Games/PDT_003.gif

Quote: ScottHKR "Please read the petition linked below, and if you agree and would like to see change, then sign.
Thank you.

All together now...

icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star66
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2013Aug 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1853No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2024Jan 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: just_browny "I fear ScottHKR might be an idiot.'"

I fear you could be very childish keyboard warrior who doesn't have the intellect to put together a reasonable and intelligent response to what was a reasonable topic for debate imo, but instead respond with the type of rhetoric usually reserved for immature plonkers.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5110No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

ABW.:

Quote: Seventies red "I fear you could be very childish keyboard warrior who doesn't have the intellect to put together a reasonable and intelligent response to what was a reasonable topic for debate imo, but instead respond with the type of rhetoric usually reserved for immature plonkers.'"

Exactly what browny said, but slightly more subtle.

RankPostsTeam
International Star66
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2013Aug 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Teessidewire "Exactly what browny said, but slightly more subtle.'"

He didn't give a reason as to why I am an idiot though?

Also, that is quite offensive, and shows the invisibility sitting behind a keyboard gives them.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1883No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

A petition to improve refereeing standards? Really? How do you suggest the improvements would be made? More training, video and knowledge sessions? I have one idea, and I believe it is a decent opinion personally. If you don't like it, do it better yourself. If you go to the RFL website, you'll find an application pack to complete and officials course, on which, you will receive training and advice so you can go out on a Sunday morning come rain and shine to earn your stripes as an official, and work your way up the ladder. I'm sure the RFL would appreciate having more officials at thee disposal.

To me, officials are skilled and professional athletes, es they make mistakes, but only as many as a Morley, Tomkins or Roby. As long as the game is played and officiated by humans, their will be errors. Sport's been like this for hundreds of years, and survived, in my opinion, give the authority back to the professional officials and do away with the video/tmo/DRS etc. and let them use their ability to make decisions.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach16257
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10289_1326111229.png
Challenge Cup winners 2009 2010 2012 2019 League Leaders 2011 2016:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10289.png

Can we have a petition to improve the standard of Super League? It is dire this season compared to what we had a few years back. The game is slow and dull and the excitement has gone out of many fixtures. There is a lack of real quality at the top teams, which isn't to say there are no good players, just it is not what it was. The Aussies or Kiwis are going to rip England to shreds in the World Cup.

So my petition is for the RFL to do something about that, and not mickey mouse gestures like splitting the league up or whatever. The sport is facing tough competition, tennis, cycling, cricket, athletics etc the UK or England are producing world class athletes who are at the top of their sports, in rugby league we aren't, there's Sam Tomkins who will go to RU soon and that's it.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5643
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Jun 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17012_1369957324.jpg
[img:2s4u5nxg]http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k305/The_flying_biscuit/sig2.jpg[/img:2s4u5nxg] 2009..........2010...........2011............2012..........2016..........2017:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_17012.jpg

Quote: sally cinnamon " There is a lack of real quality at the top teams, which isn't to say there are no good players, just it is not what it was. The Aussies or Kiwis are going to rip England to shreds in the World Cup.'"

must admit the piece on the BBC website reporting that Myler could be out for a while gave a list of options in the halves should he miss the world cup...
Fit
To be fair Ryan Hall will give the Aussies a game more than Tomkins will, he has been a pretty outstanding winger for club and country its a pity we dont 'big up' our genuine world class performers instead of a failed halfback that plays really well for his club against poor opposition.

Tomkins will leave superleague and it'll be what was the fuss......

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5110No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

ABW.:

Quote: ScottHKR "He didn't give a reason as to why I am an idiot though?

Also, that is quite offensive, and shows the invisibility sitting behind a keyboard gives them.'"

Scott. I've been called far worse than that to my face many times (and sometimes I've justified it). If you think being called an idiot is offensive then maybe you should re-consider whether or not you really want to make statements that defy the laws of physics. You seem to have had a similar response on other Boards, especially on the Wigan one, so I think you should consider waving the white flag. If you really want to start a petition, address it to Neil Hudgell, and ask why HKR constantly try the referees patience with their lying on and messing around tactics at the ptb.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach5558No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2022Oct 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Games/PDT_003.gif
:Games/PDT_003.gif

I sometimes wonder more often than not if there is a lack of knowledge of the rules from the spectator's side, therefore they get frustrated when decisions don't go the way they expected.

rlHere's a little quizrl to see if your knowledge of even the most basic rules is up to scratch. And be honest...!

39 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
39 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.2001953125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Round 26 Wigan Away
Once were Lo
Recent
Salford H Moved to Thursday
Zig
FORUM