Feb 201213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
66556_1331046115.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_66556.jpg

Quote: Captain Hook "There are a number of reasons why this won’t happen but the most obvious is the idea that you can put players who are on contract “on notice” .
Ignoring the salary cap issue (and it’s not as straightforward as you say) the idea that a rugby league club can pay 2 first team squads at the same time is pure fantasy.'"

But apart from that.....

RankPostsTeam
International Star9840No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
50850_1311263484.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_50850.jpg

Quote: Uncle Rico "But apart from that.....'"

To be fair he makes a few valid points.

The problems run far deeper than the coach. A few ex players have tweeted the same thing. Theres too many pals at the top of the club, it’s run like a jolly boys outing. Fitzpatrick, Middleton and Lomax they have no idea how to run a rugby club. These fellas are fans playing boardroom rugby. Fitzpatrick was carrying the water a few years ago.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator5972
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
66556_1331046115.jpg

Quote: Lord Tony Smith "To be fair he makes a few valid points.

The problems run far deeper than the coach. A few ex players have tweeted the same thing. Theres too many pals at the top of the club, it’s run like a jolly boys outing. Fitzpatrick, Middleton and Lomax they have no idea how to run a rugby club. These fellas are fans playing boardroom rugby. Fitzpatrick was carrying the water a few years ago.'"

There may be a few valid points but they are wrapped up in something so radical and wide-ranging and called for immediately that they are either lost and or undeliverable.

I'm not convinced about Fitzpatrick but I can't agree with calling out the money men for playing boardroom rugby does abramovich know much about football? Their role is surely to provide the environment for us to flourish including employing the right none playing staff from top to bottom.

We are all disappointed with our current arrangements but one thing that can't be levelled at us as a club is a lack of ambition and for that at least I'm grateful

RankPostsTeam
International Star867
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I think part of the frustration with us the fans is a lack of clarity as to who does what certainly on the coaching side. I mean does Price do everything or just oversee everything and come up with game plans which I understand was TS way of working to a degree.
If we understood, for example, that Briers was in charge of offence and Henderson was in charge of defence then it might lend itself to a more rational debate and more objective finger pointing. From the outside, the lack of clarity makes it more difficult to properly understand what is going wrong and hence provide the best solutions.

RankPostsTeam
International Star9840No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
50850_1311263484.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_50850.jpg

Quote: Uncle Rico "There may be a few valid points but they are wrapped up in something so radical and wide-ranging and called for immediately that they are either lost and or undeliverable.

I'm not convinced about Fitzpatrick but I can't agree with calling out the money men for playing boardroom rugby does abramovich know much about football? Their role is surely to provide the environment for us to flourish including employing the right none playing staff from top to bottom.

We are all disappointed with our current arrangements but one thing that can't be levelled at us as a club is a lack of ambition and for that at least I'm grateful'"

But Abramovich is an absolute merciless ruthless businessman. These guys are not ruthless. Its plainly obvious to see that with the decisions they’ve made as a board of directors over the last few years.

If their role is to employ the right none playing staff from top to bottom then wouldn’t you agree they’ve failed in that regard in recent years?

Regarding us not lacking ambition. It would have been showing ambition for us to sack Price at the end of last season, like most fans craved and appointed Ian Watson but we never did. Yes we will sign the odd marquee player now and again like Greg Inglis just like other clubs do but there’s been a number of times when the club and its directors have shown zero ambition and accepted mediocrity and not listened to the fans in recent years.

I don’t think I have ever been as distant to the club as I am now. They just don't listen to the fans. The same fans who donated thousands of pounds were of season ticket money last season.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8011No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
49863_1309431041.jpg
Neither glass half full or empty. Just a realist.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_49863.jpg

Quote: wire2004 "

I have a view and i think it may work.

1st off. Make a call and beg and plead for mr warrington himself paul cullen to come back to the club. I know it wasnt the best of exits. But time is a great healer and he has dug us out of problems in the past. Atleast we can see it now and not 12 games into the season where we could be in a worst position. And with relegation back on the table this year. We probably need 16 points to guarantee safety.

Next season. Move paul cullen upstairs and give him the position of ceo. I think he will do a fantastic job and will represent the club well as a ceo.

Allow the next coach to give cullen a list. And let's get the players who will actually do a job for us. In for next season.

As soon as cullen comes in. Place EVERYONE on notice that they are playing for there jobs..'"

You are Paul Cullen, and I claim my £5

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1592No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
42237_1312377969.jpg
Richard Henare..............Nuff Said:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_42237.jpg

Quote: Lord Tony Smith "But Abramovich is an absolute merciless ruthless businessman. These guys are not ruthless. Its plainly obvious to see that with the decisions they’ve made as a board of directors over the last few years.
'"

The Price debacle should be the end of Karl. I dont question Karl's thirst for commercial success, but he's dropped a bollock keeping Price after the way we ended last year. People can blame Covid but Hodgson went to Hull (after a REALLY ruthless sacking) and Watson handed his cards in at Salford. Hindsight now probably says Powell would've maybe jumped ship off season if we came up.

We need some rugby accumen making decisions with the business men up top making the numbers work (for which I'm grateful). Instead, we've got Karl and Steve, saying the exact same thing at the end of a poor playoffs in 2019 AND 2020.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1592No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
42237_1312377969.jpg
Richard Henare..............Nuff Said:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_42237.jpg

I'll also add, what normal company, sports or otherwise would let 12+ contractors and the contracts manager/project leader all come to the end of their contract at the same time when the project isn't finished yet.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach735
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons15f0_files/3445-1022jacare-msnicons.jpg
the original Wire2004 from Wolf Web. No Immitations. No Fakes. The one and only Origional. [color=#0000FF]135 + years of top flight rugby. The Only Team in the world with that honnor... Or Until someone Proves Otherwise...[/color]:icons15f0_files/3445-1022jacare-msnicons.jpg

Yes. my last paragraph is pure fantasy. But my other points are valid.
Fitzpatrick needs to go. And cullen I feel he will make a good CEO.
We haven't had a decent ceo since Andy gatliffe. Its fair to say that the decline started had been creeping in and getting worse since gatliffe left.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator5972
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
66556_1331046115.jpg

Quote: Lord Tony Smith "But Abramovich is an absolute merciless ruthless businessman. These guys are not ruthless. Its plainly obvious to see that with the decisions they’ve made as a board of directors over the last few years.

If their role is to employ the right none playing staff from top to bottom then wouldn’t you agree they’ve failed in that regard in recent years?

Regarding us not lacking ambition. It would have been showing ambition for us to sack Price at the end of last season, like most fans craved and appointed Ian Watson but we never did. Yes we will sign the odd marquee player now and again like Greg Inglis just like other clubs do but there’s been a number of times when the club and its directors have shown zero ambition and accepted mediocrity and not listened to the fans in recent years.

I don’t think I have ever been as distant to the club as I am now. They just don't listen to the fans. The same fans who donated thousands of pounds were of season ticket money last season.'"

Based on the none delivery of a GF victory coupled with turgid performances on the pitch I'd agree that there has been some failure in employing the right none playing staff. As another poster remarked I'd like to know more about the set up behind the scenes what the CEO does and what each coach has responsibility for before casting judgement.

Regarding Abramovich I know I brought it up but I'm not sure it's a fair comparison. For a start he's an autocrat something I wouldn't want at our club. I like the fact that our board are fans I think it's a positive and of course he's fishing in a different pond a none salary capped sport with seemingly unlimited resources of coaches and players willing to take the plunge in the world's premier sports competition based in west London.

As far as listening to fans goes I think that they do but you've only got to look on here for an idea of what that could mean. I enjoy everyone's contributions even the ones I don't agree with but I wouldn't necessarily want to run the club by our committee week on week.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1873No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: wire2004 "Yes. my last paragraph is pure fantasy. But my other points are valid.
Fitzpatrick needs to go. And cullen I feel he will make a good CEO.
We haven't had a decent ceo since Andy gatliffe. Its fair to say that the decline started had been creeping in and getting worse since gatliffe left.'"

Correct about Gatcliffe. Not just the on the coaching/recruitment side but the whole business.

Bear in mind when he left we were sponsored by Fly Emirates, had just completed a successful marketing/media blitz by flying to Aus in pre-season which put us in good standing to get into the World Club competition and had a healthy crowd and season ticket base. Would routinely get event matches (cup semi finals, internationals). We were establishing ourselves as a premier club.

Now, realistically, we’re an ‘also ran’ team. I think realistically, the overriding emotion if we won the Grand Final would be shock, whereas in 2011 to 2013,14,15, 16 it was almost an expectation. What we were building under Gatcliffe and Smith has been washed away.

People will call me a hopeless romantic, but I would try and get the band back together. Bring Gatcliffe in, even in a non-executive role, to give the whole club some direction. Then try to lure Tony Smith in as a Director of Rugby. From there put all of our eggs in a young, promising head coach who has some affiliation and loyalty to the club (which realistically helps to get fans inside early doors in what would be a transitional period). I’d go Briers.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1168
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
47151_1279870671.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_47151.jpg

The marketing manager (sorry CEO) is the problem, he appears to be convincing the money men that high profile signings are the way forward at the expense of team balance.

The root of the troubles are in the board room, they should have a grip on KF.

Price isn't and never was the answer to our quest he was a make do appointment just like Latu was last season.

The club is once again a rudderless ship and until Moran and Middleton get a grip it will continue, Fitzpatrick was a totally inept appointment.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator39601
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Barbed Wire "Correct about Gatcliffe. Not just the on the coaching/recruitment side but the whole business.

Bear in mind when he left we were sponsored by Fly Emirates, had just completed a successful marketing/media blitz by flying to Aus in pre-season which put us in good standing to get into the World Club competition and had a healthy crowd and season ticket base. Would routinely get event matches (cup semi finals, internationals). We were establishing ourselves as a premier club.

Now, realistically, we’re an ‘also ran’ team. I think realistically, the overriding emotion if we won the Grand Final would be shock, whereas in 2011 to 2013,14,15, 16 it was almost an expectation. What we were building under Gatcliffe and Smith has been washed away.

People will call me a hopeless romantic, but I would try and get the band back together. Bring Gatcliffe in, even in a non-executive role, to give the whole club some direction. Then try to lure Tony Smith in as a Director of Rugby. From there put all of our eggs in a young, promising head coach who has some affiliation and loyalty to the club (which realistically helps to get fans inside early doors in what would be a transitional period). I’d go Briers.'"

Just re the fly emirates sponsorship, yes it was prestigious but whilst the interim(uncle rog) let things slide, they were pulling back on sponsorship.

The flip side, we now have hoover, which financially is a bigger package than the fly emirates deal.

Dont forget gatcliffe's last sponsoship deal as he walked out the door and got the club a load of bad press.

EDIT he also made a packet for the club shop with the o'neills deal in the first year, the away shirt and the training rage and the leisure wear.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1873No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Fantastic Mr Catpiss "Just re the fly emirates sponsorship, yes it was prestigious but whilst the interim(uncle rog) let things slide, they were pulling back on sponsorship.

The flip side, we now have hoover, which financially is a bigger package than the fly emirates deal.

Dont forget gatcliffe's last sponsoship deal as he walked out the door and got the club a load of bad press.

EDIT he also made a packet for the club shop with the o'neills deal in the first year, the away shirt and the training rage and the leisure wear.'"

Fair response. We look back and associate success with good business. I still do believe that the balance was best struck with Gatcliffe at the helm. While KF has advanced the social media aspect, which should be recognised, it seems from the outside looking in that the club is lacking purpose and direction. It seemed ever evolving with Gatcliffe and co. with the new stadium, which was rapidly filling up, and extended. We’ve just stood still for a while, and the prospect of filling the stadium is just just unthinkable.

We need an identity, a complete philosophy throughout the club. At the minute, we are a gimmick club, great humour on social media and star signings but all quite baseless.

CW8
RankPostsTeam
International Star3948
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I honestly don't care about any of the sideshow stuff, social media etc. The best way to grow the brand is a successful team or a playing identity that people enjoy so they want to watch the team even if it's not their own and we don't have either of those things. A Facebook or twitter gimmick will not provide any long terms gains, it may tune a few in for a game but they will soon turn off with what they see on the pitch.

If KFP is serious about growing the brand then he needs a successful and entertaining team, none of the other stuff means a thing without that. His priorities seem to be about headline grabbing and its why it's not working IMO. Bring us Powell and Trueman, make a change at the top if we lose 2 of the next 3, remove the apathy about poor performances and maybe, just maybe they will become a thing of the past.

97 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
97 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.03857421875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
13m
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
13m