JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2013Jun 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
14558_1285323450.jpg
*****Warrington Wolves, 2009, 2010 & 2012 Challenge Cup Winners, 2011 League Leaders***** Enfield Exile wrote: I am not a keyboard warrior: I am a n0b in real life. Couldn't agree more lad.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_14558.jpg

Quote: Urmston Wire "We're all entitled to look at a theory and the evidence presented by conspiracy theorists, and then reject the conspiracy theory. Just as you're entitled to look at the evidence provided by the authorities, reject it and present a conspiracy theory.

I personally have looked at the 9-11 evidence, including Loose Change, and simply don't find it plausible. That's my personal view, not narrow-mindedness.

Unless the definition of narrow-minded is 'someone who does not agree with you'.'"

Thats you being narrow minded surely?

Just because I have a different belief to you doesn't make it wrong.

My beef is with the people who mock peoples believes...If people believe in ghosts and the living dead, then so what? I don't. But it doesn't mean I'll refuse to accept their belief. Same as 9/11, I think there is something more. Other things such as UFO's I'm on the fence with. But I'm not narrow-minded unlike some to suggest 9/11 just happened, there are no such things as ghosts or ufo's. I have an open mind and love a good discussion about anything.

I don't just dismiss something just because I don't believe it. Do you?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach654No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2016Feb 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Wire exiled in Hampshire:

Quote: Fresh Prince of Chesh-air "Thats you being narrow minded surely?

Just because I have a different believe to you doesn't make it wrong.

My beef is with the people who mock peoples believes...If people believe in ghosts and the living dead, then so what? I don't. But it doesn't mean I'll refuse to accept their belief. Same as 9/11, I think there is something more. Other things such as UFO's I'm on the fence with. But I'm not narrow-minded unlike some to suggest 9/11 just happened, there are no such things as ghosts or ufo's. I have an open mind and love a good discussion about anything.

I don't just dismiss something just because I don't believe it. Do you?'"

That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that I have read the argument and the evidence and don't believe the theory. Being narrow-minded would imply that I dismissed the argument without looking into it.

Though I can see no reason why I should not be able to mock someone's belief, as long as I have a coherent, reasoned, logical and evidence-driven argument. Such as the bizarre theory going around that apricots cure cancer.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4778No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2013Jun 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
14558_1285323450.jpg
*****Warrington Wolves, 2009, 2010 & 2012 Challenge Cup Winners, 2011 League Leaders***** Enfield Exile wrote: I am not a keyboard warrior: I am a n0b in real life. Couldn't agree more lad.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_14558.jpg

Quote: Urmston Wire "That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that I have read the argument and the evidence and don't believe the theory. Being narrow-minded would imply that I dismissed the argument without looking into it.

Though I can see no reason why I should not be able to mock someone's belief, as long as I have a coherent, reasoned, logical and evidence-driven argument. Such as the bizarre theory going around that apricots cure cancer.'"

Anymore key buzzwords you wanna throw it there? icon_lol.gif

When it comes to conspiracy theories, the majority of people who do not believe them mock/ dismiss others beliefs. I don't mock anyone's belief, regardless of how bizarre it may seem to me. If people wanna believe that monkey's were behind the 9/11 attack, then let them. Its what makes the world go round.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach654No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2016Feb 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: Fresh Prince of Chesh-air "Anymore key buzzwords you wanna throw it there?
I think I can agree with you on the latter. Some of the more ludicrous ones on Wikipedia have kept me entertained on many a dull day at work!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4778No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2013Jun 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
14558_1285323450.jpg

Quote: Urmston Wire "I think I can agree with you on the latter. Some of the more ludicrous ones on Wikipedia have kept me entertained on many a dull day at work!'"

I'm having a dull day at work today! May google them icon_cool.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13915
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
26249_1542017975.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_26249.jpg

On this belief subject, should a young girl in the ROI find it difficult/impossible to have an abortion just because some people believe in a desert fairytale from the middle east?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach20628
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2016Aug 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
44480_1390845286.jpg
It's been fun.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_44480.jpg

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4778No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2013Jun 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
14558_1285323450.jpg

Atheist icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach357No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2011Mar 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Some interesting theories brought up here, some absolute tosh spoken aswell. having said that, some of my theories may seem like tosh to others. Here's some of mine;

That Jesus fella. Now I'm not denying the existence of a man called Jesus who lived a couple of thousand years ago, not at all. I am of the opinion he's not as great as the bible would make him out to be. I wonder how many people on this thread who have stated that 9/11 could be a conspiracy, yet also believe in all that religious stuff. I was watching a comedian this week and he makes a fairly valid point. Moses went to mount Sinai, talked to a burning bush, bush talked back, etc. Were there any witnesses? No. He then goes on to make other points about other religious beliefs on the same lines.

Whenever someone talks about a hero, or someone they really like, they'll tend to go a bit too far and make that person seem bigger than they were. Spread that game of Chinese whispers through billions of people over 2000 years.....

I firmly believe in most of the big bang theory. I say most because I don't think this theory grasps the true size of the universe. I think the big bang was just our little corner of the universe being created. I'd say that what we call a universe is created all the time, all over the place, some will disappear for various reasons.

Area 51. I think the whole alien theories are entirely false. I'd say Dreamland and the Groom Lake area is just a test bed for secret military weapons and nothing more. You don't want other countries knowing your secret developments of offensive and defensive weaponry, so you keep people out, simple as that.

Area 51 and Roswell may be connected, but only just. I'd say the object recovered from Roswell was a secret military vehicle which had failed and crashed. Think alongside the same lines of stealth bombers crashing behind enemy lines and the pilot destroying the plane before even thinking about any kind of escape and evasion.

September 11th. No conspiracy here in my eyes. I've seen the videos and articles about WT7 and not once have I seen evidence that backs this theory up 100%, or even close to it. There is 2 videos showing the plane crashing at the Pentagon (something which someone earlier questioned). Nobody had ever envisaged a fully laden jet plane crashing into the towers when the building was designed or constructed and so many factors could and probably did contribute to its collapse.

As for WTC7, think of the massive damage this building would have sustained merely from the collapse of the two towers beside it. Look at the pictures of the dust and debris billowing out all over Manhattan as each tower collapsed. This debris was travelling along the streets at hundreds of miles per hour, so imagine how powerful it would have been at the site of the collapse itself, not to mention the vibrations which would have shaken the foundations of the surrounding buildings, which would have weakened them severely. The same goes for the black boxes of the planes. They certainly aren't indestructible, not by a long way. The tapes inside would have been destroyed without doubt, so even if the metal casings had been found, there'd have been nothing left inside them.

Of course you do have the odd miracle in situations like this, where a fireproof metal shard covered a passport at just the correct time to save it being destroyed, or something like that. A lot of this stuff will be consigned to opinions only, there is no way of knowing exactly what happened with everything before, during or after that day. What you have to ask yourself is this; if this is exactly what it is billed as, a terrorist attack, the terrorists will take an awful lot of pleasure in the disruption of relations between citizens and government that conspiracy theories cause.

Global Warming. Or to be precise, the cause of global warming. We, as in humans, are apparently to blame for it, we're causing it. This is total crap. Global warming and cooling trends are a natural occurrence caused by the setup and layout of our planet and the sun.

We may be speeding the event up, but in the grand scheme of things, it's is by a low percentage of a fraction. It's like when experts say that if you eat brown bread you'll live longer. What they don't tell you is it'll only be about 2 weeks longer and it'll be at the back end of your life when you're on the way out and probably suffering anyway. Global warming is going to happen, whether we like it or not, whether we stop farting in fields or drive pedal powered supercars, it will happen at some point in the future. It'll take tens of thousands of years to get to the point where it effects us on a mass scale and basically all we can do is pick which generation it affects first.

2 points for anyone who can tell me why the melting polar icecaps will not cause the ocean levels to rise.

Media Controlled Information. No doubting it exists at some level. People believe what they read and some believe things that don't actually make any sense whatsoever and are impossible events.

Everything causes cancer these days according to the press and the experts that the press pay to agree with them. You have to wonder how much of things we are told are true, or just scare tactics or sensationalist reporting. The way I see the modern social networking world is that people love to gossip and when there is nothing to gossip about, they'll make stuff up.

Obviously the difference in some of these points make me a hypocrite. but it's no different than anybody else. There is no idealistic point of view, nobody will ever know the entire truth about everything because by time that time comes around, this planet will not be inhabited by humans. Humanity will die out on this planet one day, as will every species known to man, or ever known to man. They will be replaced by other species which have adapted better to the changing conditions over millions of years.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach5558No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2022Oct 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Games/PDT_003.gif
:Games/PDT_003.gif

Quote: InSmithWeTrust "2 points for anyone who can tell me why the melting polar icecaps will not cause the ocean levels to rise.'"

Anything to do with Archimedes theory? Put ice in a glass of water and the water level will rise. As the ice melts the water level will remain constant?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13915
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
26249_1542017975.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_26249.jpg

Quote: Peckerwood "Anything to do with Archimedes theory? Put ice in a glass of water and the water level will rise. As the ice melts the water level will remain constant?'"

Icebergs (as ice) currently displace water by their mass. When they melt (sink) they will effectively 'displace' by volume.

RankPostsTeam
International Star425No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2014Mar 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
52427_1284563381.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_52427.jpg

Quote: Peckerwood "Anyone who believes Loose Change needs their head testing. rlThis guys es all over Loose Change's parade.rl

RE some of the more popular theories, that the steel melted. The argument from the crack heads is that steel melts at over 1500 degrees C, and jet fuel burns at only 800 C. However, steel loses 50% of its strength at 500C. When the steel gave way (not melted) where the panes hit, the floors would have crumbled like a pack of cards.

As for the theory it was lined with bombs. The WTC was open 24 hours a day. I think one or two office workers would have spotted something if explosives were lined in the building.'"

whilst i agree that loose change is mostly nonsense, i still think what the guy in your link is saying is crap. The guy would'nt be dead if loose change were true cause the easiest way to confirm a theory is to eliminate the author. The US and other govts like to discredit anybody they deem a threat, Not assassination more character assassination.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach16257
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10289_1326111229.png
Challenge Cup winners 2009 2010 2012 2019 League Leaders 2011 2016:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10289.png

Quote: Wires71 "On this belief subject, should a young girl in the ROI find it difficult/impossible to have an abortion just because some people believe in a desert fairytale from the middle east?'"

No she can just cross the border. If she's an EU citizen it's hardly difficult to come into the UK is it, although I'm sure they will try to talk her out of having the abortion with promises of a flat and benefits...

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach654No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2016Feb 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: sally cinnamon "No she can just cross the border. If she's an EU citizen it's hardly difficult to come into the UK is it, although I'm sure they will try to talk her out of having the abortion with promises of a flat and benefits...'"

Not quite.

A) If she crosses into NI, she still can't as we have failed to make NI continue.

B) What does a woman on benefit do?

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner12214No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2021Jun 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7749_1266928910.jpg
Now The Wire. [quote="Rogues Gallery":xjc47q2r]Wire - the enigma. They could finish top or eighth, who knows.[/quote:xjc47q2r]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_7749.jpg

Greenland isn't a polar ice cap. Google that and global warming. Also Antarctica isn't an ice cap. It has land and big glaciers that will melt. How did the companies manage to convince people that scientists are lying to them. Why would they?

100 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
100 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

6.0517578125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Staying or Not
Les Norton
12m
New Players
Deadcowboys1
23m