JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
42175_1290030542.gif
[img:2b6g88ns]http://news.google.co.uk/news/tbn/ryI1dIYrb1oJ[/img:2b6g88ns]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_42175.gif

Quote: Robbo "I don't really know whats given you this idea.. '"

The Ganson thread.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner7195No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2018Dec 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

[url:33s610on]https://twitter.com/#!/Robbo_Wigan[/url:33s610on]:

Quote: Wire_85 "The Ganson thread.'"

Having just re read the whole 4 pages of that thread. I have no idea how you could come to the conclusion that wigan fans are saying we are better than warrington.

The general consensus on that thread is along the lines of slating ganson for what was an atrocious reffing display (surely even you cant deny that?..) and then commenting on how wire still played great and that nothing can be taken away from them. unless maybe I misread the whole 4 pages....

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9679No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
42175_1290030542.gif
[img:2b6g88ns]http://news.google.co.uk/news/tbn/ryI1dIYrb1oJ[/img:2b6g88ns]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_42175.gif

Oh sorry there was two Ganson threads (some reason they felt the need for a review of him the next day)

rlhttp://forums.rlfans.com/viewtopic.php?f

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner7195No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2018Dec 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: Wire_85 "Oh sorry there was two Ganson threads (some reason they felt the need for a review of him the next day)

rlhttp://forums.rlfans.com/viewtopic.php?f'"

Well im not gonna read all 7 pages of that... (believe it or not i do have a bit of a life...) but again from the first 2 pages most of it seems to be aimed at ganson being poor. some comments about how your tearing hudds apart.. and the odd person making petty arguments about the fact that your fans are singing "championees", technically not true until you've lifted the sl trophy... but you've just been presented with the league leaders shield so you've got to sing something I suppose... icon_wink.gif but thats a petty argument that is either here nor there...

I still fail to see the point of the original post.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach20628
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2016Aug 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
44480_1390845286.jpg
It's been fun.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_44480.jpg

Quote: Robbo "Well im not gonna read all 7 pages of that... (believe it or not i do have a bit of a life...) but again from the first 2 pages most of it seems to be aimed at ganson being poor. some comments about how your tearing hudds apart.. and the odd person making petty arguments about the fact that your fans are singing "championees", technically not true until you've lifted the sl trophy... but you've just been presented with the league leaders shield so you've got to sing something I suppose...
Don't rack your brains mate you'll need them for breathing icon_wink.gif

Sorry, joking apart, people just don't know how to banter and seem to take this forum waaaaaaay too seriously

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9679No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
42175_1290030542.gif

Quote: Horatio Yed "Don't rack your brains mate you'll need them for breathing
I love the banter.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9679No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
42175_1290030542.gif

Quote: Robbo "Well im not gonna read all 7 pages of that... (believe it or not i do have a bit of a life...) but again from the first 2 pages most of it seems to be aimed at ganson being poor. some comments about how your tearing hudds apart.. and the odd person making petty arguments about the fact that your fans are singing "championees", technically not true until you've lifted the sl trophy... but you've just been presented with the league leaders shield so you've got to sing something I suppose...
Think its because most of the thread is a fume about Ganson rather than how good we played.

I thought it was great to be honest.

Ganson's going to need to hide in a human sized pie to get away from the DW on Sunday if its the wrong result. icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner7195No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2018Dec 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: Wire_85 "Think its because most of the thread is a fume about Ganson rather than how good we played.

'"

The thread in question is a merged thread, one of which was discussing the wire v hudds match... (something that happens with a lot of televised games when wigan arent playing before you start saying were obessing over wire games... icon_wink.gif ) ganson was nothing short of shocking, so why wouldn't the thread have comments about how bad he was and how much he ruined the game?.. no one is saying he changed the result, merely that being whistle happy it was ruined as a spectacle. Some wire fans seem to agree on that point, and others decide to ignore it and think were all just trying to claim the match was a fix...

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9679No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
42175_1290030542.gif

Quote: Robbo "The thread in question is a merged thread, one of which was discussing the wire v hudds match... (something that happens with a lot of televised games when wigan arent playing before you start saying were obessing over wire games...
Thread was called the Ganson show or something then someone posted a new one about us hence the merge.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3614No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2018Nov 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Wire_85 "Think its because most of the thread is a fume about Ganson rather than how good we played.

Ganson's going to need to hide in a human sized pie to get away from the DW on Sunday if its the wrong result. You played great, but Ganson was a joke. I couldn't believe the two high shots he gave despite both times Wire players slipping and hitting the Hudds players with their arms by their sides.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach5587
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Sep 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9540_1301256496.jpg
[size=167:3ujhocvk][b:3ujhocvk]The best way to predict the future is to create it...[/size:3ujhocvk][/b:3ujhocvk]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_9540.jpg

Quote: Robbo "I don't really know whats given you this idea.. I have had a good look around the wigan forum and cant find many posts saying that warrington haven't been the best team this year. How can we say that? like you've said wire finished top of the league with far superior points scored etc etc, but either way there was still only 1 point in it in the end? We are current sl champions and the cc holders so we would have every right to still think we are one of the best teams around.

Warrington have been brilliant this season. You've finished top of the table and beaten wigan home and away.. but that shouldn't mean wigan fans can't say weve had a great season too. We beat you in the cup and went onto win it, something which warrington where more than happy with the previous 2 years.

I really have never known such animosity on these forums. It's getting worse than a school playground "Miss miss!! a wigan fans just said they're better than us!!" thats what you sound like. and yes some people on our forum are just as bad, why not just concentrate on the rugby rather than starting a slanging match everytime an opposing teams fan has an opinion that differs to yours?

Warrington are favourites to lift the trophy and deservedly so, and I for one will have no arguments if you lift the trophy but as a wigan fan I can still look back on what has been a successful year for us too.'"
You didn't quote my caveat.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8011No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
49863_1309431041.jpg
Neither glass half full or empty. Just a realist.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_49863.jpg

I'm sorry, but I'm stunned as to why Robbo can call Ganson's performance as "attrocious, poor and shocking"

Yes, he was whistle happy, and it disjointed the start of the game, but tell me one decision he got badly wrong. NONE.

We battered Hudds, with no help from the ref. Hudds were masters of their own downfall.
I don't remember Ganson laying on, headhigh tackling, holding down. Huddersfield players (and ours) did it, and were rightly penalised.

These Pie-eaters can't even acknowledge that we've beaten a team 'out of site'...there has to be a detrimental reason.

What's going to be their excuses IF we win the GF
Russell Grant's horoscope was wrong
The opposition's coach driver ran over a black cat on the way to the ground
Fadge walked under a ladder??????

FFS, give us some credit, and not say our wins are due to a third party

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner7195No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2018Dec 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: lefty goldblatt "I'm sorry, but I'm stunned as to why Robbo can call Ganson's performance as "attrocious, poor and shocking"

Yes, he was whistle happy, and it disjointed the start of the game, but tell me one decision he got badly wrong. NONE.

We battered Hudds, with no help from the ref. Hudds were masters of their own downfall.
I don't remember Ganson laying on, headhigh tackling, holding down. Huddersfield players (and ours) did it, and were rightly penalised.

These Pie-eaters can't even acknowledge that we've beaten a team 'out of site'...there has to be a detrimental reason.

What's going to be their excuses IF we win the GF
Russell Grant's horoscope was wrong
The opposition's coach driver ran over a black cat on the way to the ground
Fadge walked under a ladder??????

FFS, give us some credit, and not say our wins are due to a third party'"

Stunned? i wouldn't of expected you to be one of the wire fans that agree he had a poor game... but I'm not going to derail this thread by going over the decisions he got wrong, half the head high shots had Warrington players slipping into the tackle. and happened a few times throughout the game, some got penalised some didn't... (ok so maybe ill derail it a tiny bit...)

Like i said, there'll be those wire fans that will agree that he was poor.. and those fans that will deny it just because they are decided that wigan fans think it was a fix, are using it as an excuse..and simply don't want to accept that Warrington trounced them.

Thats all i'll say on that matter because i get the feeling you will argue until your blue in the face about something that is a matter of opinion rather than fact...

And I don't recall saying your win was due to a third party?.. I do recall saying "no one is saying he changed the result, merely that being whistle happy it was ruined as a spectacle" which IMO was the case. You blew Huddersfield out the water and I don't see many people saying otherwise.

As for if you win the GF, Your "excuses.. " albeit very funny, are way of the mark.. On current form we are going to struggle to even get past next week, and if we somehow do win, then win the semi and make it to the grand final I can't see to many Wigan fans having any silly excuses when the likely event of us being hammered in the GF happens. But, its not over till the fat lady sings as they say.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach23178No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2023Apr 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11426_1682401247.jpeg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_11426.jpeg

Quote: Robbo "Stunned? i wouldn't of expected you to be one of the wire fans that agree he had a poor game... but I'm not going to derail this thread by going over the decisions he got wrong, half the head high shots had Warrington players slipping into the tackle. and happened a few times throughout the game, some got penalised some didn't...

Like i said, there'll be those wire fans that will agree that he was poor.. and those fans that will deny it just because they are decided that wigan fans think it was a fix and are using it as an excuse..

Thats all i'll say on that matter because i get the feeling you will argue until your blue in the face about something that is a matter of opinion rather than fact...

And I don't recall saying your win was due to a third party?.. I do recall saying "no one is saying he changed the result, merely that being whistle happy it was ruined as a spectacle" which IMO was the case. You blew Huddersfield out the water and I don't see many people saying otherwise.

As for if you win the GF, Your "excuses.. " albeit very funny, are way of the mark.. On current form we are going to struggle to even get past next week, and if we somehow do win, then win the semi and make it to the grand final I can't see to many Wigan fans having any silly excuses when the likely event of us being hammered in the GF happens. But, its not over till the fat lady sings as they say.'"

Head high tackles? Slipping into them? Still a penalty. Ganson penalised both teams early, we got a bit of a roll on which led to Hudds trying to slow us down resulting in more penalties. I suggest you look at the laws of the game, then buy the latest Wigan shirt and find a different bridge to have a lovely photo on. icon_wink.gif

It isn't over till Wane sings, I think you will beat the Dragons but struggle at Saints.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8011No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
49863_1309431041.jpg
Neither glass half full or empty. Just a realist.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_49863.jpg

Quote: Robbo "Stunned? i wouldn't of expected you to be one of the wire fans that agree he had a poor game... but I'm not going to derail this thread by going over the decisions he got wrong, half the head high shots had Warrington players slipping into the tackle. and happened a few times throughout the game, some got penalised some didn't... (ok so maybe ill derail it a tiny bit...)

Like i said, there'll be those wire fans that will agree that he was poor.. and those fans that will deny it just because they are decided that wigan fans think it was a fix, are using it as an excuse..and simply don't want to accept that Warrington trounced them.

As for if you win the GF, Your "excuses.. " albeit very funny, are way of the mark.. On current form we are going to struggle to even get past next week, and if we somehow do win, then win the semi and make it to the grand final I can't see to many Wigan fans having any silly excuses when the likely event of us being hammered in the GF happens. But, its not over till the fat lady sings as they say.'"

There's no way I can say Ganson had a poor game...because he didn't.
As Hemmings and McRae said in commentary "there hasn't been a bad penalty"....so can you PLEASE tell me how Ganson's performance was "attrocious" etc...I really am intrigued...I don't care if it's classed as arguing 'til I'm blue in the face.....the evidence is there. Players transgressed, they got penalised...it really is that simple.

FFS, there was post after post on your board, about how Ganson "gave the game to Wire", which backs up my original post of pie-eaters never giving us credit for wins. We've had loads of suchlike threads, off your lot, recently.
Our win (finally) away to Stains was only due to it being on neutral ground and their injuries.
Our 'dicking' of your lot recently, was only due to Wigan being 'tired' after Wembley.
Our annhilations of teams, have been down to the poor standard of other clubs.
Our 2 CC cups and LLS were worthless, as they're 'Mickey Mouse'
And don't even get me started on the 'willy measuring' of players, e.g. comparing Hansen to Westwood, insanity to start with, but when posters start trying to bring irrelevent stats into it, it becomes even more laughable.

Oh and by the way, I merely mentioned IF we win the GF, you automatically post back that you're going to be there, too. On the evidence of 2 of your last 3 matches, I'd say you have some improvement to do, before thinking of getting there.

81 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
81 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.05859375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Shareholders Meeting
PopTart
10m
Playoff Semi Final
MattyB
12m