FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Warrington Wolves > Sorry to all the sound wire fans but....
35 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2284
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jan 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
35892_1286104184.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_35892.jpg

Quote: The Jigga Jigga "Maybe we should have kicked some kids heads in there to live up to your fans high expectations'"
icon_stupid.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1034No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2012Dec 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

[color=#FF4000:3htgpm5r][quote:3htgpm5r]I read that Leeds-Bradford is an airport and that Wigan-St Helens is a rivalry. It's one I can't wait for[/quote:3htgpm5r] Ryan Hoffman [quote:3htgpm5r]After all, rugby league has a history of ideas that appear madcap at first but are taken up elsewhere, usually by rugby union[/quote:3htgpm5r] Christopher Irvine - The Times [quote:3htgpm5r] Wire fans, like Leeds fans, are fickle as feck, and mostly glory supporters. [/quote:3htgpm5r] Sherbert Dip - Leeds Fan [quote:3htgpm5r]I will never forget that atmosphere at Knowsley Road on Good Friday when the final hooter sounded. On behalf of all the fellas thank you so much for being the greatest fans in the world.[/quote:3htgpm5r] Phil Bailey[/color:3htgpm5r]:

Why have you posted this here?? The wire fans who did this probably don't post here, and if they do I very much doubt they give one if you don't think they are good enough, after all they broke a girls nose. All your doing is annoying the wire fans here to talk about rugby. Enjoy the win like the rest of us mate.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member9982No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2015Aug 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
4486_1428087820.png
Newsnight 13th May 2010: "With the role of Deputy Prime Minister a non-job. Has Nick Clegg gone from King Maker to tea maker????" I kept the faith and I kept voting Not for the iron fist but for the helping hand For theirs is a land with a wall around it And mine is a faith in my fellow man Theirs is a land of hope and glory Mine is the green field and the factory floor Theirs are the skies all dark with bombers And mine is the peace we knew Between the wars:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_4486.png

Quote: Batesy "Why have you posted this here?? The wire fans who did this probably don't post here, and if they do I very much doubt they give one if you don't think they are good enough. All your doing is annoying the wire fans here to talk about rugby. Enjoy the win like the rest of us mate.'"

Because the genuine Wire fans need to put some pressure on the club maybe, and take some collective responsibility???

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach20628
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2016Aug 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
44480_1390845286.jpg
It's been fun.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_44480.jpg

Quote: Donna "Because the genuine Wire fans need to put some pressure on the club maybe, and take some collective responsibility???'"

They have initiatives to help get rid of some of the undesirables.

but I'm with Batesy on this. They were probably idiots that were in the pub the whole time, didn't even go the game and most certainly don't have the intelligence to work a computer.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2015Aug 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
4486_1428087820.png
Newsnight 13th May 2010: "With the role of Deputy Prime Minister a non-job. Has Nick Clegg gone from King Maker to tea maker????" I kept the faith and I kept voting Not for the iron fist but for the helping hand For theirs is a land with a wall around it And mine is a faith in my fellow man Theirs is a land of hope and glory Mine is the green field and the factory floor Theirs are the skies all dark with bombers And mine is the peace we knew Between the wars:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_4486.png

Quote: Wire_Yed "They have initiatives to help get rid of some of the undesirables.

but I'm with Batesy on this. They were probably idiots that were in the pub the whole time, didn't even go the game and most certainly don't have the intelligence to work a computer.'"

So Wire fans don't want to know what happened to Wigan fans whilst visiting your ground?? Is that what you are saying?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1034No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2012Dec 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

[color=#FF4000:3htgpm5r][quote:3htgpm5r]I read that Leeds-Bradford is an airport and that Wigan-St Helens is a rivalry. It's one I can't wait for[/quote:3htgpm5r] Ryan Hoffman [quote:3htgpm5r]After all, rugby league has a history of ideas that appear madcap at first but are taken up elsewhere, usually by rugby union[/quote:3htgpm5r] Christopher Irvine - The Times [quote:3htgpm5r] Wire fans, like Leeds fans, are fickle as feck, and mostly glory supporters. [/quote:3htgpm5r] Sherbert Dip - Leeds Fan [quote:3htgpm5r]I will never forget that atmosphere at Knowsley Road on Good Friday when the final hooter sounded. On behalf of all the fellas thank you so much for being the greatest fans in the world.[/quote:3htgpm5r] Phil Bailey[/color:3htgpm5r]:

Donna as much as the whole thing is wrong, I really don't think the it needs to be posted here and if it does, then it should be as an appeal for help by hogan, not a "your fans are scum" effort by Odem, and anyway what can the Wire fans do... Have a sit in? icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2015Aug 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
4486_1428087820.png

Quote: Batesy "Donna as much as the whole thing is wrong, I really don't think the it needs to be posted here and if it does, then it should be as an appeal for help by hogan, not a "your fans are scum" effort by Odem, and anyway what can the Wire fans do... Have a sit in?
Well maybe some of the people that post on here know Hogan, and know who else was around kicking off. And no where did he say your fans are scum, he said "not good enough" which is a perfectly valid statement to make.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach20628
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2016Aug 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
44480_1390845286.jpg
It's been fun.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_44480.jpg

Quote: Donna "So Wire fans don't want to know what happened to Wigan fans whilst visiting your ground?? Is that what you are saying?'"

No what I'm saying is let the police do their job and we can talk about rugby on a rugby forum

www.crimeforums.co.uk/
If you really want to.

Yes I'm disgusted by this but seriously what can i do, maybe get involved and get my nose broken to eh?
Quote: Donna "So Wire fans don't want to know what happened to Wigan fans whilst visiting your ground?? Is that what you are saying?'"

No what I'm saying is let the police do their job and we can talk about rugby on a rugby forum

www.crimeforums.co.uk/
If you really want to.

Yes I'm disgusted by this but seriously what can i do, maybe get involved and get my nose broken to eh?

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner2898No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2024Jul 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
4907_1270690600.gif
Computer and Laptop repairs - Virus removal, Screen replacement, Operating System Install, System Crashes - www.warringtonpcdoctor.co.uk Games Console Repairs - Red ring of death, Yellow light of death, Won't read games, Broken Screens, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DS and PSP - www.warringtonconsoledoctor.co.uk:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_4907.gif

We are as disgusted as any normal person is but what can we do. You will have 100% support off everyone that posts on here but unfortunatley we can't control any kind of scum that attach themselves to the club.

The problem is a problem with society as a whole, this needs to be dropped at the feet of the police and the club for them to sort out, starting with the route between the ground and central station it appears.

No one on here will have committed this act I hope and if anyone saw it I hope you will have the courage to realise that it isn't right and shop the buggers that did it to the club.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1034No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2012Dec 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: Donna "Well maybe some of the people that post on here know Hogan, and know who else was around kicking off. And no where did he say your fans are scum, he said "not good enough" which is a perfectly valid statement to make.'"

Read the thread, odem has posted on that saying wire fans Are the scum of rugby league, and btw, that's exactly what I said, it should be an appeal for help identyfing the people who attacked him, not by Odem telling Wire fans they "arn't good enough" then linking to a thread where he then calls them scum. That's not pointing out fans errors, it's just poor trolling.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner29212No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6310_1310045241.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6310.jpg

Quote: Batesy "Read the thread, odem has posted on that saying wire fans Are the scum of rugby league, and btw, that's exactly what I said, it should be an appeal for help identyfing the people who attacked him, not by Odem telling Wire fans they "arn't good enough" then linking to a thread where he then calls them scum. That's not pointing out fans errors, it's just poor trolling.'"

But this isn't the first incident by any stretch of the imagination. I live in Warrington and I know it's not a particularly violent place, but I've seen a lot of chest beating by Warrington fans in recent years. So many moments where all it would take is one spark to set the incident off. Banning drinking at the games has got to be considered as I'll bet this incident was caused by a group of tanked up young lads walking round trying to display their hardness.

We don't want RL going the way of football and meaning you can't take your family to the games without fear of being assaulted. I just can't get my head around how someone does something like this and the people he's with accept it. If one of my mates assaulted someone for no reason I'd stop them, not that I'd have put up with the ridiculous animalistic displaying they do.

The incident sounds horrific but one good thing is that the area is littered with CCTV cameras, they're all over the offices, the bus station, the shopping centre, the bridge and the bank. So hopefully the fool who did this can spend some time behind bars and the w.@ nkers he was with can get a record too.

If they can identify those involved the club should make a point of banning them from matches.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member3555No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2023Aug 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I hope the young lady gets better soon and her injury isn't severe. I'm sorry for Hogan and his group, but please don't tar us all with the same brush. We are not all scum, but unfortunately you met the minority that don't know how to behave - win or lose. Every club has their hangers-on. these are the ones that appear for the big games to cause trouble, but don't bother with the 'smaller' games. I do agree though that Winwick Street between the stadium and the station does seem to be a flashpoint. It's not the first time there has been trouble there. Unfortunately the Police don't seem to have a strategy to address this and outside of the ground I fail to see what the club can do.

When I was a youngster in the 70s my parents wouldn't let me anywhere near Wilderspool because of the reputation of the fans. We don't want to get into that position again surely?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach12860No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2020Feb 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
39110_1363272058.jpg
Dropkick Murphy..we actually saw and heard a mass of bouncing and scarf and flag waving to Dale Cavese that drowned out anything we could muster.. It stopped us singing our own celebratory songs, it died out seconds later when we accepted we couldn't be heard over the Wigan lot Celebrations muted from us, job done from them. Most fans who slag them off are jealous their own club's support is nowhere near that good - sally cinnamon..Why not discuss Wigan? It's a rugby league message board. Wigan are the most famous brand in rugby league - Tre Cool..Saints fans are hopeless unless it's a cup final or grand final. Wigan fans are so much more loyal and passionate - the flying biscuit..Wires havent been massively succesful over the years, but I've spoke to Brian Bevan And he spoke to me and i wouldnt swap that for Wigans History, ever - Ande..on the TV i could only hear the Wigan fans with about 10 to go - Saint94..Every team is in your feckin shadow, we all know - FIOS:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_39110.jpg

Quote: Saddened! "But this isn't the first incident by any stretch of the imagination. I live in Warrington and I know it's not a particularly violent place, but I've seen a lot of chest beating by Warrington fans in recent years. So many moments where all it would take is one spark to set the incident off. Banning drinking at the games has got to be considered as I'll bet this incident was caused by a group of tanked up young lads walking round trying to display their hardness.

We don't want RL going the way of football and meaning you can't take your family to the games without fear of being assaulted. I just can't get my head around how someone does something like this and the people he's with accept it. If one of my mates assaulted someone for no reason I'd stop them, not that I'd have put up with the ridiculous animalistic displaying they do.

The incident sounds horrific but one good thing is that the area is littered with CCTV cameras, they're all over the offices, the bus station, the shopping centre, the bridge and the bank. So hopefully the fool who did this can spend some time behind bars and the w.@ nkers he was with can get a record too.

If they can identify those involved the club should make a point of banning them from matches.'"

It's the culture we live in.

Banning the drinking at games does not work, people can drink before they go in.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach455No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2023Mar 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I think if away suporters visiting our ground should come on here letting us know how they have been treated when visiting our ground, you never know a fan off here just might know the individual and help bring the culprit to justice. This incident IF wholy true seems particulary vile and they way it has been told sickens me someone must have seen what happened maybe someone off here.

I am sorry to hear what happened and if a Wigan fan can please pass on our repulsion and best wishes to to the two fans that got hurt. Although it does not help i would like to think it was someone out on the lash and not a rugby league fan.

However, i am totally naffed off at Omign calling all wire fans scum he was at it more than once last year and i could have put money on him being the individual bringing it to this forum, its almost as if he is gloating, i have just about been to all the grounds in my car, but the only ground i usually catch the coach to is Salford, i have seen various incidents there but never once called Salford fans scum it seems to be outside the ground and the area the ground is in therefore no reflection on the fans. l think this individual omigin should be banned.

Paul

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member6242No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2016Feb 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
4339.jpg
The original Rugbychick. Accept no imitations [b:3sfim16x][color=blue:3sfim16x]Find me on Twitter: @Rugbychick83[/color:3sfim16x][/b:3sfim16x] Bethany's Journey with Kabuki Syndrome: [url:3sfim16x]http://cathfozbethany.blogspot.com[/url:3sfim16x] [quote="DannyRic":3sfim16x]Possibly one of the worst CCFs in history in the making, Hudds to win by 40[/quote:3sfim16x] [color=blue:3sfim16x][b:3sfim16x][u:3sfim16x]WARRINGTON WOLVES[/u:3sfim16x] LEAGUE LEADERS 2011 CHALLENGE CUP CHAMPIONS 2009, 2010 & 2012[/b:3sfim16x][/color:3sfim16x]:4339.jpg

We seemed to have attracted a 'darker' element since before more sucessful the last couple of seasons. Anyone wanted to cause a bit of trouble only has to hang out at one of the 6 pubs within 5 minutes walking distance and are guaranteed some opposition fans to kick off on. They don't even have to go to the trouble of attending the game. Maybe when we were at Wilderspool they couldn't be bothered walking over Bridge Foot.

Over the next few seasons we want to start taking our small daughter but to be honest, this kind of thing really puts me off. We certainly wouldn't go anywhere near Central Station after a game. It should not have to be like that. Opposition fans should not have to run a gauntlet just to get home. Any fans who travel away to watch their team should be respected, after all we're all lovers of the same game. I hope whoever has done this is caught, dealt with and banned immediately from any Warrington game ever.

35 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
35 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.36572265625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
tad rhino
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC