FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Warrington Wolves > Tonight’s game v Wigan.
141 posts in 10 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain146No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 20195 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2022Mar 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Im not sure you can put too much down to the 12 men argument. Many a time 12 men come out on top including us at your place a few years ago when we didn’t have a prayer with 13! However to me you look a better side than Wigan in spite of the result and if I was you I’d be encouraged! Where did Jason Clark find his improvement? MOM for me. The ref did you no favours and although I agree with the sending off I think it was unfortunate. Widdop could be the X factor you’re missing in attack! Ratchford ain’t a half back and King is the worst offensive centre in the league! Ashton looks a mega signing and I’d love to see him get an extended run at FB and Ratchford replacing King in the centre. I think you’ll lose again next week but having seen that tonight I think you’ll be well in the mix this year!

RankPostsTeam
International Star2256No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201510 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
73453_1726091783.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_73453.jpg

Yeah this whole King was Man of the match and our best player.........i guess i watched a different game, bizzarre comments.
Great game for our opening game and very proud of all of them, there was no shame in that loss at all.
Completely agree with Mr.Snoodle especially that Lineham is a better winger than Charnley, if he cuts out his weird brain farts he has he's much better than Charnley. Be interesting to see what Leilani Latu can bring to our go forward and add Widdop in and injury free it's exciting times. Finally got to see what all the fuss the Souths fans have been ranting about for Jason Clark is, he was brilliant, Solid go forward and defensively awesome icon_smile.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach17200
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200817 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
38352_1407962301.jpg
Packs Win Games Great Packs Make All Backs Look Class #onceawirealwaysawire:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_38352.jpg

Quote: Egg Chasing "Did you have 11 when Marshall scored?

Thought you were the better side and Hill has cost you the game.'"

No. Wigan were pointless while Wire were at 11 men.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach17200
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200817 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
38352_1407962301.jpg
Packs Win Games Great Packs Make All Backs Look Class #onceawirealwaysawire:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_38352.jpg

I still think we dropped a bollox loaning Livett to KR...we should have kept him and allowed Currie to go instead.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1173No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024May 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Egg Chasing "Did you have 11 when Marshall scored?'"

Yes Warrington lost Cooper to the sin bin at 63 minute mark and Marshall scored less than 2 mins later.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2387No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
44022.jpg
'I've done things i'm not proud of. And the things i am proud of,.......well they're disgusting':44022.jpg

Quote: rubber duckie "No. Wigan were pointless while Wire were at 11 men.'"

Wrong,............AGAIN!! icon_rolleyes.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain4635
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
74166_1608576718.jpeg
Just my opinions unless it's a FACT, in which case it's a fact.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_74166.jpeg

Agree with Mr Snoodles ratings. J Clark, like a man possessed.
I don’t normally mention referees but that “charge down” decision was just totally baffling.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member7195
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

As a neutral I thought it was a pretty good opening game.
Warrington for me the better side and Hill`s sending off tipped it in Wigans favour.
Charnley trapping the player in the tackle in order to win a penalty is an old Wigan trait he has brought with him.
Powell, Farrell, Gildart and Williams were experts at it.
SOL I think made almost two tackles round the legs as third man in with the rest his usual above the shoulder.
For me MoM was either King or Jason Clark.
Didn`t know Hastings was playing in the first half and Austin was controlling the game until Wigan ruffed him up and he lost concentration.
With regards Currie he is a bit like Stevie Ward for us.
Both had tremendous potential but injuries have ruined their development.
If Ward stays fit he is superb but I do worry for both of them.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain17
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 20195 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2020Jul 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Widnes Al "Im not sure you can put too much down to the 12 men argument. Many a time 12 men come out on top including us at your place a few years ago when we didn’t have a prayer with 13! However to me you look a better side than Wigan in spite of the result and if I was you I’d be encouraged! Where did Jason Clark find his improvement? MOM for me. The ref did you no favours and although I agree with the sending off I think it was unfortunate. Widdop could be the X factor you’re missing in attack! Ratchford ain’t a half back and King is the worst offensive centre in the league! Ashton looks a mega signing and I’d love to see him get an extended run at FB and Ratchford replacing King in the centre. I think you’ll lose again next week but having seen that tonight I think you’ll be well in the mix this year!'"

Bum kisser.

RankPostsTeam
International Star310
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2021Sep 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Self-virtuous hypocrite:

Quote: sir adrian morley "Too right how the hell is a knock on deemed a charge down then to rub salt in he gives that lot a penalty'"

"Charging Down is blocking the path of the ball with hands, arm or body as it rises from an opponent's kick."

And the penalty was a fair one, it was a ball steal

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5486
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

The major cock up after Hill's sending off was the French try. Our whole left side fell for a team dummy which gave French the chance to pick up a lame pass & ghost through a gap that Moses would have been proud off. A bit of hesitation by Luther too & he could have had a try in the second half.
All in all though , the team played on gamefully & considering we were down to 12 men for an hour we can't grumble at the result.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain27No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 20195 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2024Mar 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Overall very happy with the way the team played, there is a lot that can be taken from that game.

I will start with Chris Hill, personally I think he is a liability but a worthy liability when he is playing properly. He needs to work on his tackling because he has given quite a few penalties away over the last few years with high shots, and last night whilst it was clumsy and the red card was the right choice, and yes the guy was going down to score a try but I mean come on he could have broke the guys neck but I do not believe in the slightest that he intended to injure or hurt the guy.

Hill was probably one of the top 3 last year for high shots, and whilst going forward attacking with the ball he is good, he just needs to take abit more care when tackling and I know it's a fast pace game with split second decisions but when you are going in to tackle someone, you should know to "Avoid the head".

After the red the team played really well and deserved to get something from the match, but it wasn't to be and it can be blamed on a number of reasons but for me it comes down to:

1: Poor kicking, the attacking kicks were just aweful and could easily be predicted, it would be nice if they could kick not just high to the wings but where are the kicks across the ground, where are the kicks to the sticks? The only kick that I thought was a decent attacking kick was the one to set Ashton away running other than that there was nothing.

2: Playing against 14 men, maybe playing against 15 men, I mean how can reaching to the side and behind you be classed as a charge down? then the knock on after being classed as a strip? neither Kendall or the linesman spotted it, multiple high tackles and cheap shots in tackles not picked up on from frankly both teams, strips by both not being spotted but when Warrington did it, it was nearly always spotted, the whole tackle and then get back on to drag them around to stop the play of the ball not penalised, I know it was the first game of the season but come on the officials need to be better than that.

3: Unimaginary attacking, where was the off loading or dummies, quick passes, dummy runners and many other things that could have been done when attacking? Why is it that they didn't really try anything until they were close to the line or the last 10 minutes?

4: Discipline, I know again it's the first game of the season and Kendall was penalising stuff that didn't happen but the players need to be better disciplined otherwise they will just give the game away especially in games where the officials are all to happy to blow the whistle.

Coopers sin bin, I am 70/30 on I think it could have gone either way but I think it went the right way because you just cannot stop someone from running through like that. Honestly let him get through and if he scores you still have 12 men on the pitch so you stand a better chance, but by stopping him you get binned and they score anyway and put the whole team under extra pressure that wasn't needed. Again first game and all so it's not a major disaster and is no where near the season ender that I have heard some people say on facebook and other forums I go on I mean d040.gif talk right there but play abit smarter.

Other than those issues I think the team played well and could be up there this year if that is how they play the whole season, it is a marked difference from last season and hopefully when Widdop is fit and the team get back in to the groove of playing it should be a good year.

Wigan to me looked like they just didn't know what to do until we lost Hill and Cooper but even then they looked like they were struggling to think of how to attack and I think Warrington were lucky to not have had more points put past them, because I think if Wigan had, had a clue on how to attack then they would have shipped in more points.

Either way I am looking forward to the Saints game and to see how Warrington play, but please for the love of the game think about the attacking side of the game!

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain4635
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
74166_1608576718.jpeg
Just my opinions unless it's a FACT, in which case it's a fact.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_74166.jpeg

Quote: Angelus ""Charging Down is blocking the path of the ball with hands, arm or body as it rises from an opponent's kick."

And the penalty was a fair one, it was a ball steal'"

The ball was going sideways past the player. You either don’t understand the law or are being deliberately obtuse. I presume the latter. The ball steal was the correct call, but because of the charge down/knock on they shouldn’t have had the ball in the first place.
Don’t thank me, always a pleasure to assist.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach17200
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200817 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
38352_1407962301.jpg

Quote: Moe syslak "Wrong,............AGAIN!! Yes....I don't actually know why I said that when I came out the ground saying they hadn't scored while we were down to 12.

A senior moment.

RankPostsTeam
International Star310
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2021Sep 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Self-virtuous hypocrite:

Quote: Captain Hook "

I saw it once, at the game, and to go past the wigan players hand, it would have had to be rising off the warringtons players foot.

Just giving my opinion on something, no need to be a complete jerk about it.

141 posts in 10 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
141 posts in 10 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.35205078125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Tonights match v HKR
Allypie
14m
Proposed rule changes 2025
MjM
16m