JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2021Feb 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: rubber duckie "I've been saying it from day one. It's not to wind you all up, which must say I'd very easy.
I put my money where my mouth is at the bookies.

The the first 30mins vs Leeds I'm satisfied we was the stronger team, but zapped of energy after failing on near 5 times to score to that or 2 from 3 finished by Leeds.
Playing Pies really took it's toll.

We rectify the finishing and we rectify the issue.
Wire to put 30 on Salford.[
/quote]

My prediction is that one way or another this will be quoted on Monday night.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach16257
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10289_1326111229.png
Challenge Cup winners 2009 2010 2012 2019 League Leaders 2011 2016:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10289.png

Quote: DAG "People laughed it off at the time, but let's face it, Fitzpatrick's appointment to a role as high profile as CEO was just a blasé and complacent move. Just another job for the boys. The club hasn't really been the same off the filed in a business sense since Gatcliffe left his post a few years ago.'"

I think this hits the nail on the head.

I wonder if there was a search for elite business leaders with a proven record of delivering success, or was it one of those job adverts where an internal candidate has been given a nudge and a wink that he's a shoe in for the job.

We have really missed Andy Gatcliffe.

DAG
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach330No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2022Aug 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
27258.jpg
2 Super League Leaders Shields • 9 RFL Challenge Cups 3 League Championships • 1 League Leaders Trophy • 1 Premiership Trophy • 1 Club Championship Trophy • 4 Regal Trophies • 1 Captain Morgan Trophy • 1 Floodlit Trophy • 8 Lancashire League Titles • 9 Lancashire Cups Twitter - @ElmDag:27258.jpg

A shrug of the shoulders. A maybe, a maybe not. That's the club we appear to have become of late. It's like we're happy with what we've achieved over the last seven or eight years and have just rested on our laurels.

Our off field activity just mirrors our on field activity for me. Lazy, blasé and complacent. Appointing Fitzpatrick was exactly that and love or loathe Tony Smith it's appointments like that, that just strengthen his position. Can you imagine Fitzpatrick getting Smith in and saying something needs to change? Shake it up Tony or else. How about you get rid of Agar and bring someone else in? No chance.

We've gone from Andy Gatcliffe, a man who alongside Simon Moran made the right noises and made things happen. Then in came survey mad Draper, a man who used us as a stepping stone for better things within the game. He changed the badge, that's about it, and that's rubbish too. So what do we do then? We appoint from within, an ex player whose CV boasts a previous role of Player Welfare Officer or whatever he was. Lazy.

Every man and his dog, apart from the club apparently, knew Sandow was off in October. What do we do? Wait until January and panic buy the second best half back at Widnes. Don't worry though, we're holding onto Sandow's registration. That'll help us.

The player pool from what we have to choose from isn't what it used to be. That's obvious for all to see surely. You won't see another Matt King or even Trent Waterhouse over here for a while I don't think. However, there's been blatient improvements available between last October and as near as last week and what have we done? Nothing.

Yes we've tied our best players down, that's great. But there's been some players available who would've improved us, whether we went for them now, or back in pre season. Barba, Kelly, Hardaker, Mamo, even Turner would've been better than what we have at present, but no, let's settle with what we have.

Tony Smith might be an issue, I don't know, but the club just smacks of complacency and mediocrity right now and has done since last October from board room level, to pitch level.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13890
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
26249_1542017975.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_26249.jpg

Quote: DAG now "A shrug of the shoulders. A maybe, a maybe not. That's the club we appear to have become of late. It's like we're happy with what we've achieved over the last seven or eight years and have just rested on our laurels.

Our off field activity just mirrors our on field activity for me. Lazy, blasé and complacent. Appointing Fitzpatrick was exactly that and love or loathe Tony Smith it's appointments like that, that just strengthen his position. Can you imagine Fitzpatrick getting Smith in and saying something needs to change? Shake it up Tony or else. How about you get rid of Agar and bring someone else in? No chance.

We've gone from Andy Gatcliffe, a man who alongside Simon Moran made the right noises and made things happen. Then in came survey mad Draper, a man who used us as a stepping stone for better things within the game. He changed the badge, that's about it, and that's rubbish too. So what do we do then? We appoint from within, an ex player whose CV boasts a previous role of Player Welfare Officer or whatever he was. Lazy.

Every man and his dog, apart from the club apparently, knew Sandow was off in October. What do we do? Wait until January and panic buy the second best half back at Widnes. Don't worry though, we're holding onto Sandow's registration. That'll help us.

The player pool from what we have to choose from isn't what it used to be. That's obvious for all to see surely. You won't see another Matt King or even Trent Waterhouse over here for a while I don't think. However, there's been blatient improvements available between last October and as near as last week and what have we done? Nothing.

Yes we've tied our best players down, that's great. But there's been some players available who would've improved us, whether we went for them now, or back in pre season. Barba, Kelly, Hardaker, Mamo, even Turner would've been better than what we have at present, but no, let's settle with what we have.

Tony Smith might be an issue, I don't know, but the club just smacks of complacency and mediocrity right now and has done since last October from board room level, to pitch level.'"

You have changed your tune The quotes you refer to were in response to people's moans about performances and Tony Smith even after we'd won matches. But then again, you'd know that because you've actually been bothered to trawl the archives to find them in the relevant threads.

Just because I've defended Smith and the players during the season doesn't mean I haven't had concerns about our off field activity since Sandow left. These concerns for me are as evident as ever now teams in and around us have strengthened mid season and once agin we've been left wanting and sticking with what we've got.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain479
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 20178 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Dec 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
75828_1489396305.jpg
Sponsoring Fitzpatrick's Coffee run since 2017...I used to post a lot, then I didn't:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_75828.jpg

We have a lame duck chief exec who wouldn't sack his former boss.

Ambition lies with the directors, and it's them who have the power. It seems it is much easier to change a club badge than coach. We've sleep walked into this season. We all learnt how much Sandow enjoyed the local social scene. Was it such a shock he didn't come back.

Gidley and Brown aren't winners. They ain't gonna be around in 12-18 months. There's all the ambition you need.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach17163
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
38352_1407962301.jpg
Packs Win Games Great Packs Make All Backs Look Class #onceawirealwaysawire:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_38352.jpg

Quote: Smith's Brolly "We have a lame duck chief exec who wouldn't sack his former boss.

Ambition lies with the directors, and it's them who have the power. It seems it is much easier to change a club badge than coach. We've sleep walked into this season. We all learnt how much Sandow enjoyed the local social scene. Was it such a shock he didn't come back.

Gidley and Brown aren't winners. They ain't gonna be around in 12-18 months. There's all the ambition you need.'"

Hey keep the duck out of it.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7069
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2023Dec 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

[quote="Odemwingie":34o3cs52] I hope his career is over.(regarding danny mcguires injury 2010 play offs)[/quote:34o3cs52] [quote="Ewwenorfolk":34o3cs52] I'm glad McGuire got injured, hope he's out for about 10 months[/quote:34o3cs52] [quote="Bulls4Champs2010":34o3cs52]Price, Civ, Beaver, Moz and Wiki. Peacock is not in the catagory of these special players.[/quote:34o3cs52] [quote="McLaren_Field":34o3cs52] To be fair, their teams are also inconsequential to their own fans judging by the amount of traffic that all the other boards get [/quote:34o3cs52] [quote="Warrington Wolf":34o3cs52]If you win the weekly rounds then without doubt you are the champions.[/quote:34o3cs52]:

Quote: Builth Wells Wire "That was me. Is there a problem.'"

Yeah totally! The problem is I can't see your footer! Where has it gone? Did you delete it? I want to add the comments to my footer so we can immortalize your stupidity.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2757
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
18243.jpg
Ettinghausen's gone ice skatin':18243.jpg

Well Gidley isn't utter garbage - he's just not very good and I fail to see how Sandow was a disaster? He was the best player in SL by a country mile up until his injury. He also played in the only 2 finals we have. I don't see how him beggaring off makes it a disastrous signing? Was Segeyaro a disaster? You may well have gone down without him.

You just carry on getting giddy about one of the most ordinary (and tryless) full backs i've ever seen.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5479
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Well i for one hope O'Brien has a massive game tomorrow.
As for ambition, we need look no further than Mr Koukash who doing more than being just a loudmouthed ,wealthy club owner. He has got people in to build his team up & kicked out the dead wood. He is controversial because he knows bad publicity is better than none at all, as long as it gets the club noticed.He is an ambitious business man who is treating Salford as a business & not a sporting club.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7069
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2023Dec 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

[quote="Odemwingie":34o3cs52] I hope his career is over.(regarding danny mcguires injury 2010 play offs)[/quote:34o3cs52] [quote="Ewwenorfolk":34o3cs52] I'm glad McGuire got injured, hope he's out for about 10 months[/quote:34o3cs52] [quote="Bulls4Champs2010":34o3cs52]Price, Civ, Beaver, Moz and Wiki. Peacock is not in the catagory of these special players.[/quote:34o3cs52] [quote="McLaren_Field":34o3cs52] To be fair, their teams are also inconsequential to their own fans judging by the amount of traffic that all the other boards get [/quote:34o3cs52] [quote="Warrington Wolf":34o3cs52]If you win the weekly rounds then without doubt you are the champions.[/quote:34o3cs52]:

Quote: ratticusfinch "Well Gidley isn't utter garbage - he's just not very good and I fail to see how Sandow was a disaster? He was the best player in SL by a country mile up until his injury. He also played in the only 2 finals we have. I don't see how him beggaring off makes it a disastrous signing? Was Segeyaro a disaster? You may well have gone down without him.

You just carry on getting giddy about one of the most ordinary (and tryless) full backs i've ever seen.'"

icon_biggrin.gifRUNK:

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13890
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
26249_1542017975.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_26249.jpg

Quote: DAG "The quotes you refer to were in response to people's moans about performances and Tony Smith even after we'd won matches. But then again, you'd know that because you've actually been bothered to trawl the archives to find them in the relevant threads.

Just because I've defended Smith and the players during the season doesn't mean I haven't had concerns about our off field activity since Sandow left. These concerns for me are as evident as ever now teams in and around us have strengthened mid season and once agin we've been left wanting and sticking with what we've got.'"

I just found it amusing that you were having a go at me, and others, for "moaning" and being "pessimistic" a few weeks ago and then penned an eloquent seven paragraph missive which could quite easily be described as a "moan".

Anyhow it seems the rump of the forum is coming round to the idea that we are dog and that fundamental changes need to be made. Just allow a bit of fun for for the early adopters who saw it a mile off.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain19No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2020Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Just looking through The Bet Fred Superleague twitter & saw that Jack Johnson scored a great try against Castleford on Friday

Left the England FB having to buy a ticket to get back in, great hand offs & footwork

Would put the link on but don't know how to icon_rolleyes.gif

87 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
87 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.390625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Whitehaven
jonh
13m
Hull KR H
MattyB
18m