Jun 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
26249_1542017975.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_26249.jpg

Quote: Wirefan "I agree with you Wires71 in terms of backing Smith, but my patience is wearing thin.

Someone recently compared him to Arsene Wenger on here. I think that's a pretty good comparison from where I am sitting. Not from a spending money perspective, but in terms of his apparent belligerence. Us Fans always think they have all the right answers and rarely are we right in reality, but at the moment, it's plain as day to anyone and his dog that Russell and Evans on the wing is such a terrible option when we have 2 designated wingers sat in the reserves. Yes we don't know the behind the scenes goings on with either player and it's not as if we have 2 modern day Bevan's sat in the stands, but sometimes you just have to work with what you have for the benefit of the here and now.

Frustrating is the word.'"

Arsene Wenger is a good comparison. But he is endorsed by his board as they don't have the real ambition/expectation to win the sports biggest prizes and he delivers exceptional European qualification and Premier league final positions per £ spent.

I think Warrington are different. I think there is an attitude now where aspirant aim is to win the GF and CC each season. Fundamentally Smith will be judged on results as the Wembley wins fade into folklore. Perhaps the contract extension was a mistake and, with hindsight, we could have ran the risk of losing him to Hull KR (as if) and made a balanced decision at the end of this season.

Tony will feel bombproof though I suspect, so much so he can come up with his, crazy to us, selections and re-invention of the role of winger into red zone ball returner. His hubris cannot be denied. The BS I read in the Guardian about how the Wigan loss will be "good for us" shows he is losing it a bit. Total lack of consideration for all the fans that turned up.

I think a meek exit from the semis this time and I may come to the conclusion that Smith won't get us the GF win we want so much.

If we win tonight you can take this post and shove it up my backside though icon_smile.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3726
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2021Jan 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
18764_1329753271.gif
Waiting for the 2021 RLWC:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_18764.gif

Quote: Wires71 "Added. Yes I was a bit shocked when I compiled the list. Definitely a trend we have there.

The reason I still back Smith, although not as fervent as I once was, is that before him we never even had the big games.[i One thing Smith can have undoubted credit for is turning us into a team that make finals regularly under his tenure.[/i Before Smith the last final we made was the Regal Trophy in 1995, the last time we won one was the same trophy in 1991. Cullen's team you say? Well Smith did better with it than Cullen ever did.'"
I think that's the key. I'm also a long-term fan and I recall all too clearly when we won the cup in 1974 how I found it difficult to imagine how older Wire supporters had waited twenty years between trophies (previous win had been 1954). Well, I then went through 35 years before we won it again! We had lots of 'cozy' years where we got nowhere, even getting into the playoffs was beyond us. End of season was still interesting because as an RL fan we could watch Hull, then Wigan, then Saints, then Bulls, compete in semis and finals without the pressure/tension of being a supporter of one of the teams contesting those big games. Being close to the top is a completey different fan experience. Wobbly legs, nervy guts, joy or despair at the end of tight games. Last Friday was, indeed, a stupid, self-inflicted capitulation, no doubt about that. With our new cop of injuries I'm not sure we have the players to win the GF this year. However, Wire is still clearly one of the very best sides in the comp, regarded as an exciting team to watch by other fans. TS has built the side into genuine contenders. We need that 5% extra, not the 50% extra we lacked in the 80s, 90s, and 00s. That, and a few cups along the way, is genuine achievement. Will still need that extra 5%, but I much prefer being where we are now to the previous three decades.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2618
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45934_1538869507.jpg
[quote="Lebron James":37zhy5zz] [b:37zhy5zz]Saints by 32 Regards King James[/b:37zhy5zz] [/quote:37zhy5zz]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_45934.jpg

After reading the Joe Westerman's comments in the Guardian, he admits that the team thought the game was one when they went 28-14 up. I think
this backs up a lot of what people have been saying on here in that it's not for a lack of talent, but more a case of putting the cue on the rack early.
For the huge game last week it is very dissapointing and it also comes across as the team showing arrogance/complacency- not good signs!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13814
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
26249_1542017975.jpg

Quote: Gazwire "After reading the Joe Westerman's comments in the Guardian, he admits that the team thought the game was one when they went 28-14 up. I think
this backs up a lot of what people have been saying on here in that it's not for a lack of talent, but more a case of putting the cue on the rack early.
For the huge game last week it is very dissapointing and it also comes across as the team showing arrogance/complacency- not good signs!'"

Yes it's a real pity that the players have not learnt from the past instances that I listed where we blew a HT lead.

There is a lack of talent in the 3/4s and prop department.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5450
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

There is a lack of talent throughout superleague, that is why it is spread thinner than marmite. Wigan beat us last week with a gang of journeymen.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2079No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
64184_1321217004.jpg
[u:uqsh9cjt][b:uqsh9cjt][color=#0000FF:uqsh9cjt]Its ALWAYS our year[/color:uqsh9cjt][/b:uqsh9cjt][/u:uqsh9cjt] [color=#000000:uqsh9cjt]E[/color:uqsh9cjt][color=#FF0000:uqsh9cjt]s[/color:uqsh9cjt][color=#000000:uqsh9cjt]t[/color:uqsh9cjt].[color=#FF0000:uqsh9cjt]1[/color:uqsh9cjt][color=#000000:uqsh9cjt]8[/color:uqsh9cjt][color=#FF0000:uqsh9cjt]7[/color:uqsh9cjt][color=#000000:uqsh9cjt]6[/color:uqsh9cjt] [color=#0000FF:uqsh9cjt]Sent to me from heaven... You are my world.[/color:uqsh9cjt] 1876 - 2022 BUM BANGERS SINCE 2012:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_64184.jpg

Quote: ninearches "There is a lack of talent throughout superleague, that is why it is spread thinner than marmite. Wigan beat us last week with a gang of journeymen.'"

Tomkins
Charnley
Gelling
Sarginson
Williams
Smith
Flower
Bateman
Farrell

Hardly a team of journeymen mate eusa_think.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1789No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 20168 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2019Nov 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
75357_1559488330.jpeg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_75357.jpeg

Quote: Wires71 "One game - Come off it? Look at the facts.

Last 3 league games

Wigan - Lost 2nd half 12-21
Widnes - Lost 2nd half 10-12
Catalans - Lost 2nd half 8-22

More tellingly the recent big games.

CCFinal 2016 - Lost 2nd half 6-12, ahead at HT, lost game
SL SF 2014 - Drew 2nd half, lost game.
SL GF 2013 - Lost 2nd half 0-24, ahead at HT, lost game
SL GF 2012 - Lost 2nd half 4-12, ahead at HT, lost game
SL SF 2011 - Lost 2nd half 12-20, ahead at HT, lost game

The omens are clearly not good if we are not unassailably ahead by half time.'"

This is more like the discussion i can agree with and be part of. My point was that the Wigan game last week wasn't particularly important, yes it was a bit embarrassing, but in the grand scheme of things it isn't the worst thing we've seen or the worst we've felt like some are suggesting. It wasn't a final or even a semi-final, it was just game 29 of 30 in the season just like Hull KR was just one game in July when the same thing happened.

However, the trend that we're seeing here is a big one!

After building a lead through positive, determined, exciting play we relax too much, lose that determination and change the way we play which leads to us switching off through losing concentration and our whole intensity drops.

Because intensity is built, once you lose it, it's hard [almost impossible] to regain especially late in games.

This is an extremely poor attitude to have as a team and a coaching staff. For it to have happened a number of times through different squads of players yet the same coach means it is a fault of Tony Smith. You'd think, even just this season (never mind the times it's happened in previous seasons) that, after Hull KR away when they had 12 men and we had a lead with two minutes to go and we drew, we would not allow that to happen again this season under any circumstances. But it did!

But that's also what i meant with last week being a blessing in disguise because it might have been the game that really highlighted this problem of Smith's to the board. If it happened in 2011 with Hodgson JMonaghan King Atkins Briers Morley MMonaghan Carvell LAnderson Grix Westwood Cooper Wood and Solomona when we were one of the best teams i've ever seen watching this sport, playing some of the best rugby i've ever seen...and it's still happening with a different line-up of Ratchford Atkins Gidley Sandow Hill Clark Sims Currie Hughes Westerman and Westwood (nowhere near as good a team, granted!) then it can't be the group of players, it has to be an attutide that comes from the coach. Look at what he did when we were 14 points up last week, he took off our two best players Hill and Clark as he thought we'd won the game - but the game isn't won until the final hooter. and then we went and lost our third best player Currie to injury, so that's three of our best players off, our coach thinking the game was won and we lost our intensity and couldn't regain it and we lost.

I think this has to be the final nail for Smith. We've seen that he's made mistakes in the past and we've said he should be given the opportunity to rectify them but he's not rectifying this one is he? He lost sight of the state of the squad after our good 2009-2013 team came to its end. In the Winter of 2012 i think he signed one player, in the Winter of 2013 he didn't sign a single player and in the Winter of 2014 he only signed a few players including Asotasi. That's when we saw Morley Briers Carvell Wood Solomona MKing LAnderson MMonaghan Cooper Hodgson etc all leave the club. How can someone allow the squad to fall that far back? That's poor foresight and poor management.

He got his shock through the realisation of our drop in quality and we started to make good signings again since with Clark Westerman Gidley and Sandow so to a certain extent he rectified that mistake. But he's not rectifying the blasé attitude he puts onto us when we get a lead in a big game. And for that i think it's time for him to go!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5450
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: moving on... "
Quote: moving on... "There is a lack of talent throughout superleague, that is why it is spread thinner than marmite. Wigan beat us last week with a gang of journeymen.'"

Tomkins
Charnley
Gelling
Sarginson
Williams
Smith
Flower
Bateman
Farrell

Hardly a team of journeymen mate
I think i would call them a team of club standard players. None of them set my world alight. I don't know if Tomkins has any magic left in him.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13814
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
26249_1542017975.jpg

Quote: Psychedelic Casual " He lost sight of the state of the squad after our good 2009-2013 team came to its end. In the Winter of 2012 i think he signed one player, in the Winter of 2013 he didn't sign a single player and in the Winter of 2014 he only signed a few players including Asotasi. That's when we saw Morley Briers Carvell Wood Solomona MKing LAnderson MMonaghan Cooper Hodgson etc all leave the club. How can someone allow the squad to fall that far back? That's poor foresight and poor management.'"

It looks negligent in retrospect doesn't it.

I think the over reliance on our youth system was a big mistake. We all know Warrington's youth system has a well established track record of poor delivery of top quality players for whatever reasons of management, catchment area etc.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13814
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
26249_1542017975.jpg

Quote: Psychedelic Casual "last week, he took off our two best players Hill and Clark as he thought we'd won the game - but the game isn't won until the final hooter. and then we went and lost our third best player Currie to injury, so that's three of our best players off, our coach thinking the game was won and we lost our intensity and couldn't regain it and we lost.
'"

Hill needed a break as he played straight up until then. This is a symptom. The cause is that he is our only decent prop forward.

Clarke was sensational. In fact more than that Clarke was the only one who looked like he could break the line. We had one game plan A) Scoot for half back and target behind the ruck. When he went off so did our attacking threat.

CW8
RankPostsTeam
International Star3948
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Wires71 "One game - Come off it? Look at the facts.

Last 3 league games

Wigan - Lost 2nd half 12-21
Widnes - Lost 2nd half 10-12
Catalans - Lost 2nd half 8-22

More tellingly the recent big games. (Ive now added Magic 2016)

CCFinal 2016 - Lost 2nd half 6-12, ahead at HT, lost game
Magic 2016 - Lost 2nd half 0-22, ahead at HT, lost game
SL SF 2014 - Drew 2nd half, lost game.
SL GF 2013 - Lost 2nd half 0-24, ahead at HT, lost game
SL GF 2012 - Lost 2nd half 4-12, ahead at HT, lost game
SL SF 2011 - Lost 2nd half 12-20, ahead at HT, lost game

The omens are clearly not good if we are not unassailably ahead by half time.

Are these them? Our inability to win big games when we are ahead at HT? The Wigan game rubbed salt into the wound as they were down to 12 men for 20 mins. The backlash is justified.'"

Great post, I agree with you although I feel this shows a weak bench. No disrespect to the younger lads as they have done well for us when they have played but I think the bench has been light all year hill and sims don't have adequate cover, George King has done a job and improved a lot this year but our main issue is that we have had too much of our cover injured throughout the season. We are weakened too much when our interchanges are on, I believe a fit Mitchell dodds and Ryan Bailey would have made a huge difference to us but can we rely on them to be available? I would also discount the 2013 Grand final here, that was for the same reason in terms of cover but our bench was reduced in numbers in that match due to certain tactics.

If this season has highlighted anything to me it's that you can't carry unfit players in your salary cap and small squad, I feel sorry for the likes of wheeler and Ben Evans but if they aren't ever available then they can't be an effective part of the squad and the money should be used elsewhere. We need to address the interchange badly and especially in the forwards, on paper we have the personnel but they haven't been available. I think we need 4 props that we can rely on being fit for the majority of the season. Bailey I would give another year as he has done well for me when he has played and although I don't know what he is paid I expect he has been pretty cost effective. I hope Ben Harrison is good to go for next year and if dodds recovers then him too, but I feel with those 3 we are asking for another season being short of cover. It's not just forwards, we have been unlucky with injuries in many aspects but we need to be able to handle them better like some of our rivals have.

I think we still have a chance this season but it depends on which bodies will be back in contention next week and if we get to old Trafford the week after as well.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain247
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 20168 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
75301_1581866490.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_75301.jpg

"I think this has to be the final nail for Smith. We've seen that he's made mistakes in the past and we've said he should be given the opportunity to rectify them but he's not rectifying this one is he? He lost sight of the state of the squad after our good 2009-2013 team came to its end. In the Winter of 2012 i think he signed one player, in the Winter of 2013 he didn't sign a single player and in the Winter of 2014 he only signed a few players including Asotasi. That's when we saw Morley Briers Carvell Wood Solomona MKing LAnderson MMonaghan Cooper Hodgson etc all leave the club. How can someone allow the squad to fall that far back? That's poor foresight and poor management.

He got his shock through the realisation of our drop in quality and we started to make good signings again since with Clark Westerman Gidley and Sandow so to a certain extent he rectified that mistake. But he's not rectifying the blasé attitude he puts onto us when we get a lead in a big game. And for that i think it's time for him to go!"

Yes it was poor management to not replace the loss of quality players with others. We did have an over reliance on youth players coming through. But not being too close to the board at Warrington, how do we know that this wasn't a direction from the Warrington board, and the then Chief Exec, Andy Gatcliffe? He did a good job taking the hard up club into a new stadium and stabilising the finances of the club. However, the directors wanted more for the club and brought in Roger Draper with the brief to grow the profile, increase attendances, and to make the club the number 1 in SL.. The recruitment policy appeared to changed then, is that just a coincidence? Possibly, as I said earlier I am not close enough to the facts.
There seems to be loss of impetus on the Under 19s who finished 9th in their league this year. There are a small number of youngsters coming through but nothing like the Wigans, Leeds and Saints. Is this a deliberate policy or again poor management. Who has the ultimate responsibility for deciding on our recruitment policy through all the age ranges? TS will have a big say, but who makes the final decision? Until we know that we can all criticise TS for getting it wrong, but is it his sole responsibility?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13814
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
26249_1542017975.jpg

Quote: CW8 "If this season has highlighted anything to me it's that you can't carry unfit players in your salary cap and small squad, I feel sorry for the likes of wheeler and Ben Evans but if they aren't ever available then they can't be an effective part of the squad and the money should be used elsewhere. We need to address the interchange badly and especially in the forwards, on paper we have the personnel but they haven't been available. I think we need 4 props that we can rely on being fit for the majority of the season. Bailey I would give another year as he has done well for me when he has played and although I don't know what he is paid I expect he has been pretty cost effective. I hope Ben Harrison is good to go for next year and if dodds recovers then him too, but I feel with those 3 we are asking for another season being short of cover. It's not just forwards, we have been unlucky with injuries in many aspects but we need to be able to handle them better like some of our rivals have.
'"

Yes were are weak on the bench. Mind you we only have ourselves to blame with management decisions and recruitment.

Ben Harrison - we knew he was out for 2016 - has to be a risk after his layoff and injury record. Can we rely on him for 2017?
Bailey - injured on signing - again has to be a risk with his injuries, age etc. Can we rely on him for 2017?
Dodds - injured on signing, it was unfortunate and his broken leg was not caused by his previous injuries from Australia.
Westwood - a bad injury this year and his best days are behind him. He still shines in our pack when he comes on but that says more about the pack.
Cox - Last chance saloon gamble after Peacock got rid at Hull KR.

Our mitigation for next year is lamentably

Cooper
Matty Blyth.

Because of this I would not renew Dodds. I would use the money to go after a replacement from Aus without the history. Too much risk. We are going to burn Hill out.

CW8
RankPostsTeam
International Star3948
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I agree, we will definitely be stronger with Cooper coming in. The Cox and Bailey signings probably showed that it was known we were lacking in forwards but those acquisitions unfortunately haven't solved the issue, although as I mentioned earlier I have been quite happy with what I have seen from Bailey.

Recruitment is always going to be difficult due to available cap space, lack of available players and competition for signings from other clubs here and abroad where they have a higher cap.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2079No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
64184_1321217004.jpg
[u:uqsh9cjt][b:uqsh9cjt][color=#0000FF:uqsh9cjt]Its ALWAYS our year[/color:uqsh9cjt][/b:uqsh9cjt][/u:uqsh9cjt] [color=#000000:uqsh9cjt]E[/color:uqsh9cjt][color=#FF0000:uqsh9cjt]s[/color:uqsh9cjt][color=#000000:uqsh9cjt]t[/color:uqsh9cjt].[color=#FF0000:uqsh9cjt]1[/color:uqsh9cjt][color=#000000:uqsh9cjt]8[/color:uqsh9cjt][color=#FF0000:uqsh9cjt]7[/color:uqsh9cjt][color=#000000:uqsh9cjt]6[/color:uqsh9cjt] [color=#0000FF:uqsh9cjt]Sent to me from heaven... You are my world.[/color:uqsh9cjt] 1876 - 2022 BUM BANGERS SINCE 2012:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_64184.jpg

Quote: ninearches "I think i would call them a team of club standard players. None of them set my world alight. I don't know if Tomkins has any magic left in him.'"

Wow. I mean don't get me wrong I hate Wigan. And I mean really hate them but as a lover of rugby league to say all those players are just club standard is unbelievable. Tomkins, Charnley, Gelling, Williams and Bateman especially.

That's your opinion though and everyone is entitled to one I guess.

70 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
70 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

4.56689453125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Rumours and signings v9
MadDogg
11m
Film game
karetaker
15m
Deadline day signings
Bullseye
17m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
17m
Squad 2024
faxcar
18m
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
18m
Shopping list for 2025
DSJ1983
26m
Huddsh
NickyKiss
27m
Rhyse Martin Out 2025
KaeruJim
27m
Rumours thread
asmadasa
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Huddsh
NickyKiss
33s
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
35s
Recruitment rumours and links
rubber ducki
35s
Rhyse Martin Out 2025
KaeruJim
35s
Oh when the Saints
WIZEB
46s
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
Trebor1
52s
Squad 2024
faxcar
53s
Film game
karetaker
53s
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
58s
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
Jake the Peg
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Deadline day signings
Bullseye
TODAY
Prediction Competition Week 21 plus rearranged game
Rixy
TODAY
Panthers v Knights
Tony Fax
TODAY
Barrow A
Bull Mania
TODAY
RFL disciplinary double standards
faxcar
TODAY
5 countries tender bids to host the 2030 RLWC
Huddersfield
TODAY
Jack Welsby out for 8 weeks with injury
Huddersfield
TODAY
Dewsbury away
Prince Buste
TODAY
Josh Jones
The Avenger
TODAY
Todays chairmans address
faxcar
TODAY
Mid Season fans forum
H.G.S.A
TODAY
Squad for HKR
Fantastic Mr
TODAY
Josh Jones
CarlB
TODAY
Lannon
faxcar
TODAY
Salford Away Travel Information 3/8/24
Sir Gregory
TODAY
Dons v Toulouse Saturday 10/8/24
Jemmo
TODAY
Sheffield v Dons Sunday 4/8/24 3pm
Double Movem
TODAY
Wakefield Trinity songs
JINJER
TODAY
Jeylon Hodgson
AdamH
TODAY
Squads - Tigers v Leopards
LeythIg
TODAY
Jarrod Sammut
dddooommm
TODAY
ONeil out long term
NickyKiss
TODAY
Burgess signs extension till 26
wire2004
TODAY
Lewis Baxter
Jemmo
TODAY
Huddsh
NickyKiss
TODAY
Trueman
Chris71
TODAY
Oh when the Saints
WIZEB
TODAY
New Players
Deadcowboys1
TODAY
Round 20 Salford away 3/8/24
KaeruJim
TODAY
Luke Gale announces his retirement
Bullseye
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Wakefield Trinity Back to Winn..
Catalans Dragons Defeat Hull F..
Salford Move Closer To Play Of..
Warrington Wolves Humiliate Wi..
Bill Arthur Rest In Peace..
Rhinos Comfortably Win Scrappy..
Battling Tigers Beat The Drago..
Hull KR Defeat Leeds In Headin..
Twelve Man Warrington Stun Sai..
2024 State of Origin - Game 3 ..
Wakefield March On With Win Ov..
Catalans Dragons Swap Places W..
KR win the Hull Derby to Into ..
Wigan Warriors Extend League L..
Warrington Wolves Into Second ..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.61M 3,686 80,09014,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     National Rugby League 2024-R22
 FT
Hover 
NZ Warriors
20-30
Parramatta
11:00
Dolphins
v
Sydney
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R20
20:00
Warrington
v
Hull KR
 TOMORROW
06:00
Gold Coast
v
Brisbane
08:30
Melbourne
v
St.George
10:35
Cronulla
v
Souths
     Womens Super League 2024-R10
14:00
FeatherstoneW
v
LeedsW
15:00
Hull FC
v
St.Helens
       Championship 2024-R20
Swinton
v
Toulouse
17:30
Salford
v
Leeds
 Sun 4th Aug
05:00
Penrith
v
Newcastle
07:05
Canterbury
v
Canberra
     Womens Super League 2024-R10
12:00
BarrowW
v
St.HelensW
Wire W
v
York V
WiganW
v
Hudds W
LondonB
v
Catalans
       League One 2024-R18
Keighley
v
Newcastle
Oldham
v
Midlands
Rochdale
v
Cornwall
Workington
v
Crusaders
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Fri 2nd Aug
SL
Warrington-Hull KR
Sat 3rd Aug
SL
Hull FC-St.Helens
SL
17:30
Salford-Leeds
Sun 4th Aug
SL
LondonB-Catalans
Thu 8th Aug
SL
St.Helens-Salford
Fri 9th Aug
SL
Huddersfield-Catalans
SL
Hull KR-Castleford
Sat 10th Aug
SL
Leeds-Wigan
Sun 11th Aug
SL
Leigh-Hull FC
SL
LondonB-Warrington
Sat 17th Aug
SL
19:30
Warrington-Leeds
SL
17:00
Wigan-St.Helens
SL
14:30
Hull FC-LondonB
Sun 18th Aug
SL
13:30
Leigh-Salford
SL
Catalans-Hull KR
SL
18:30
Huddersfield-Castleford
Fri 23rd Aug
SL
Castleford-Warrington
SL
Leeds-Catalans
Sat 24th Aug
SL
St.Helens-Hull KR
SL
14:00
Salford-Huddersfield
Fri 2nd Aug
NRL
LIVE
NZ Warriors20-30Parramatta
Thu 1st Aug
SL 20 Castleford10-20Leigh
SL 20 Wigan26-14Huddersfield
NRL 22 Wests30-48NQL Cowboys
Sun 28th Jul
NRL 21 St.George10-46Penrith
NRL 21 Dolphins14-21Gold Coast
NRL 21 Canberra32-12Souths
CH 19 Batley16-22Halifax
CH 19 Doncaster37-30Barrow
CH 19 Sheffield78-24Whitehaven
CH 19 Wakefield46-18Featherstone
CH 19 Widnes25-6Bradford
CH 19 York34-4Swinton
L1 17 Newcastle34-44Cornwall
L1 17 Hunslet24-32Workington
L1 17 Keighley36-12Midlands
L1 17 Rochdale10-14Oldham
Sat 27th Jul
SL 19 Salford30-22Castleford
SL 19 Catalans24-16Hull FC
NRL 21 Brisbane16-41Canterbury
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 19 495 258 237 30
Warrington 19 498 245 253 28
Hull KR 19 481 255 226 28
Catalans 19 366 274 92 24
Salford 19 355 366 -11 24
St.Helens 19 455 256 199 22

Leeds 19 355 342 13 20
Leigh 19 392 286 106 19
Huddersfield 20 350 453 -103 14
Castleford 20 336 523 -187 13
Hull FC 19 268 566 -298 6
LondonB 19 198 725 -527 2
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 17 584 206 378 32
Sheffield 17 488 283 205 24
Toulouse 16 468 220 248 23
Widnes 17 410 307 103 21
Bradford 17 397 297 100 21
Doncaster 17 318 410 -92 17

York 18 428 345 83 16
Featherstone 17 440 359 81 16
Batley 17 284 366 -82 16
Swinton 17 342 422 -80 12