Jan 200817 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
36947_1265606585.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_36947.jpg

Although something is obviously not right, I’m not sure Powell is the problem here. He at least has a record of turning clubs around.

If we fire him now who do we get? An unproven NRL assistant who takes us back to 5 drives and a kick and exits in the playoffs?

There’s clearly more going on and this season is already a write off. The big thing now is avoiding a relegation fight and slowly building things back up in Powell’s way, with the pressure off the team and letting them get some confidence back.

And I’m no happy clapper before anyone asks.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1894No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: easyWire "Although something is obviously not right, I’m not sure Powell is the problem here. He at least has a record of turning clubs around.

If we fire him now who do we get? An unproven NRL assistant who takes us back to 5 drives and a kick and exits in the playoffs?

There’s clearly more going on and this season is already a write off. The big thing now is avoiding a relegation fight and slowly building things back up in Powell’s way, with the pressure off the team and letting them get some confidence back.

And I’m no happy clapper before anyone asks.'"

Surely an NRL assistant getting to the play offs is better than getting boo’d off and missing the play offs entirely?

If we’re not going to do anything, just go into pre-season mode. Put those not staying for 2023 on gardening leave and build for next year. But with that, you have to accept that you’re risking the corporate image of the club by accepting a 7-11th place finish.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner29212No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6310_1310045241.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6310.jpg

Quote: easyWire "Although something is obviously not right, I’m not sure Powell is the problem here. He at least has a record of turning clubs around.

And I’m no happy clapper before anyone asks.'"

It's a good mentality to have that and one I'm sure Warrington's board will share IF they still believe in Powell. It's a risk however as if he turns out not to be the man for the job, you're potentially wasting a few years making the situation worse, then have to embark on another rebuilding phase, so you could be setting yourselves back five years with this move. Only time will tell I guess.

One thing that I've noticed is a lot of people saying this is him exposing and removing the bad elements from Warrington. But if you look at that lineup arguably the players playing the worst in your team are the ones who are staying. That doesn't sound like a situation where the players are buying in and it's just a few stragglers who are being forced out being toxic. The likes of King, Currie, Philbin and even Darryl Clark are way off their best in terms of effort and perfromance levels, but they should be the ones flying the flag for Powell.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5486
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

With the present direction we are heading ,at a rate of knots, at least our loanees will be well versed in the ways of Championship RL for next season.

RankPostsTeam
International Star32879No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201312 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons1949_files/3947-1360Zapper-msnicons.jpg
:icons1949_files/3947-1360Zapper-msnicons.jpg

Quote: ninearches "With the present direction we are heading ,at a rate of knots, at least our loanees will be well versed in the ways of Championship RL for next season.'"

If we get relegated, the players will know that their contracts will all include clauses, stating that their current contracts are null and void.

Most of our current players will be offered Super League contracts with other clubs.

This will include our junior players and even players in our Academy will all be cherry picked.

SADLY, that might suit some players, as they can leave for pastures new.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13987
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
26249_1542017975.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_26249.jpg

Quote: rubber duckie "They don’t have to ‘win 3 more games that’s us’..
They don’t even have to win one or draw one more than us, they could relegate us on points difference alone.'"

They do have to win 3 games more than us. They are 6 points behind us and it's 2 points for a win. When I went to school 6/2 = 3, least it used to be.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain902No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 20205 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2022Sep 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

#KissKamOut

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach17199
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200817 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
38352_1407962301.jpg
Packs Win Games Great Packs Make All Backs Look Class #onceawirealwaysawire:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_38352.jpg

Quote: Wires71 "They do have to win 3 games more than us. They are 6 points behind us and it's 2 points for a win. When I went to school 6/2
Ah I see what you are trying to say.
Toulouse need to win 3 games period.

You are saying ‘they need to win 3 games more that Wire.’
I’m just saying they don’t, I was thinking you meant finite.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member354No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I really wanted Toulouse to stay up but things are so bad I’m now at the stage of wanting them to lose so we’re not relegated.

On Powell - Briers made an interesting comment on Sky last night saying at the big clubs you don’t need to make big changes when a new coach comes in. Peet has come in at Wigan and seems to have evolved the team well without any ructions. There are parallels with us in they were competitive but were poor in attack and fans complaining about the style of play etc. So they promoted internally and recruited our assistant coach to work on attack…..
I think Briers was inferring and I suspect Powell has come in and tried to change everything and bought into the culture needs changing narrative but I’d suspect the culture that Smith took on was far worse than the one Powell has. And picking a fight with Cooper seems bizarre to me - Cooper should be his chief lieutenant. Maybe changing things subtly over time is a better policy - it’s easier to get people to buy into things when you’re winning. Clearly things aren’t right - you don’t perform like we have - there’s zero spirit in the camp and some of the signings we’ve made have been abysmal - plus likes of King just been dreadful. Clark seems like a pale shadow of the player he has been. I’m still with Powell for now but we get sucked into a relegation battle then we really need to consider our options. Danny Ward is still available and maybe Briers wasn’t so bad after all…his time at Wigan could end up serving us well…..!!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13987
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
26249_1542017975.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_26249.jpg

Quote: rubber duckie "Ah I see what you are trying to say.
Toulouse need to win 3 games period.

You are saying ‘they need to win 3 games more that Wire.’
I’m just saying they don’t, I was thinking you meant finite.'"

No from now to the end of the season they need to win 3 games more that Wire to put us equal us on points.

If we win 2, they need to win 5.
If we win 3, they need to win 6
If we dont win again, they need to win 3.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach17199
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200817 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
38352_1407962301.jpg
Packs Win Games Great Packs Make All Backs Look Class #onceawirealwaysawire:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_38352.jpg

Quote: Wires71 "No from now to the end of the season they need to win 3 games more that Wire to put us equal us on points.

If we win 2, they need to win 5.
If we win 3, they need to win 6
If we dont win again, they need to win 3.'"

Isn’t it what I said?
Ok. That then.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2622
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45934_1538869507.jpg
[quote="Lebron James":37zhy5zz] [b:37zhy5zz]Saints by 32 Regards King James[/b:37zhy5zz] [/quote:37zhy5zz]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_45934.jpg

Quote: ChiswickWire "I really wanted Toulouse to stay up but things are so bad I’m now at the stage of wanting them to lose so we’re not relegated.

On Powell - Briers made an interesting comment on Sky last night saying at the big clubs you don’t need to make big changes when a new coach comes in. Peet has come in at Wigan and seems to have evolved the team well without any ructions. There are parallels with us in they were competitive but were poor in attack and fans complaining about the style of play etc. So they promoted internally and recruited our assistant coach to work on attack…..
I think Briers was inferring and I suspect Powell has come in and tried to change everything and bought into the culture needs changing narrative but I’d suspect the culture that Smith took on was far worse than the one Powell has. And picking a fight with Cooper seems bizarre to me - Cooper should be his chief lieutenant. Maybe changing things subtly over time is a better policy - it’s easier to get people to buy into things when you’re winning. Clearly things aren’t right - you don’t perform like we have - there’s zero spirit in the camp and some of the signings we’ve made have been abysmal - plus likes of King just been dreadful. Clark seems like a pale shadow of the player he has been. I’m still with Powell for now but we get sucked into a relegation battle then we really need to consider our options. Danny Ward is still available and maybe Briers wasn’t so bad after all…his time at Wigan could end up serving us well…..!!'"

IMO Cooper should have tried to embrace the changes Powell is trying to make and not go against it. If Powell had walked into a successful side, then maybe there could be more of a compromise. But this team has stunk the place out for years now and I'm disappointed that players are obviously unwilling to change their ways for the sake of the club, especially Cooper who is a Warringtonian. Sounds to me like he's been one of the main protagonists against the changes Powell is making, and if true, good riddance.

What should Powell do? "Yes Chris, Currie, you're right. You know what's best, let's do it it your way. The club have been doing really well and I don't want to upset your life balance".

Go and do one is what I say. Take Hughes with you and the rest of the half d/spoilt players who won't even put the effort in for the fans who've paid their hard earned money.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain902No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 20205 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2022Sep 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Gazwire "IMO Cooper should have tried to embrace the changes Powell is trying to make and not go against it. If Powell had walked into a successful side, then maybe there could be more of a compromise. But this team has stunk the place out for years now and I'm disappointed that players are obviously unwilling to change their ways for the sake of the club, especially Cooper who is a Warringtonian. Sounds to me like he's been one of the main protagonists against the changes Powell is making, and if true, good riddance.

What should Powell do? "Yes Chris, Currie, you're right. You know what's best, let's do it it your way. The club have been doing really well and I don't want to upset your life balance".

Go and do one is what I say. Take Hughes with you and the rest of the half d/spoilt players who won't even put the effort in for the fans who've paid their hard earned money.'"

Absolutely this 100%. People, take the rose tinted spectacles off. We’ve been pretenders since 2013, we’ve made 2 grand finals since then incredibly but I didn’t fancy us in either of those games in truth. I go on (and on) about KissKamKarl but seriously, look at the last 5/6 years in terms of recruitment and retention and it would be laughable if it wasn’t so sad. Terrible. He’s got to be ultimately accountable for that, he doesn’t pick the team or run the training sessions but he’s accountable for coaches and players getting hired. He’s got to go as part of any shake up, the man is an absolute joker and the epitome of “jobs for the boys”. Start there, back Powell and see where we go….

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach12260
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2023Jul 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
33934.gif
BLACK AND WHITES East is East,West is West, and never the twain shall meet. -------------------------------- "I" said the sparrow "With my bow and arrow.":33934.gif

Quote: Wires71 "Have you forgotten 3 play off exits at home at the first hurdle 2019, 2020, 2021 - beaten by colossal teams such as Cas, Hull and Hull KR? Or it that what passes as success?

I think the idea is we are going through this pain now so we can be real contenders in the future. I don't believe Powell is a bad coach, but I do believe we have culture problems and players that think they are better than they are. Players that perhaps had got comfortable running their side businesses with playing pro rugby an after thought.'"

So you have a divine right to be better than these clubs. yet here you are, below all three.

RankPostsTeam
Fringe Player180No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 20213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: ChiswickWire "

'"

Yeah i picked up on that comment too. It holds some substance because Wigan were absolutely dreadful at the back end of last year. They couldn't buy a win let along score any points. Fans were calling for wholesale changes then. Peet has stepped up to head coach and brought Briers in with almost the same group of players as last year and they have won the CC and are serious grand final contenders. Maybe Powell has gone about things the wrong way?

78 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
78 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.11328125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Film game
karetaker
7m
Proposed rule changes 2025
leeds owl
9m