JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2015Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Judging by some off the replies on here it looks like we are stuck with theses Ing-gor-lund numpties for quite some time, or at least until we have a few poor seasons

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach5558No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2022Oct 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Games/PDT_003.gif
:Games/PDT_003.gif

Quote: Wires71 "I hope, like me, you support the aims and ambitions of
icon_lol.gif

What a waste of a computer server and URL.

The Queen uses very little to none of her powers as head of state. We elect a parliamentary government which governs our country and passes any laws that government feels fit to pass. Over time the role as Prime Minister has evolved and taken on most if not all the responsibility that our monarchy used to have in the seventeenth century, rendering it almost powerless.

However the Queen and her family still play a vital role in our country, but most of it goes unnoticed by the public and the media tend to ignore it. She and her family host state visits and welcome foreign political figures to which the PM may otherwise by occupied to host. No formal state visit is complete without a trip to Buckingham Palace even in this modern day and age. Without the Queen tourism in this country would be non existent, which is revenue that is badly needed in this country at the present time. If you were to take all of the politicians, bankers and businessmen out of London you would be left with nothing but tourists. The Royal Family has a rich and controversial history which people still pay good money to tour the Palace, Tower of London, and waste on expensive tacky merchandise.

Like it or not, the Royals still play a vital role in our country whatever you may think of them.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member16415No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2020Nov 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3081_1293915727.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_3081.jpg

Quote: captain blackbeard " 1/ Wales vs Northern Ireland WCQ. The Welsh crowd booed throughout the whole of God save the Queen at the Millenium stadium. 2/ Let's see how much respect the Welsh give to God Save the Queen when England visit the Millenium Stadium again in the near future, for the Euro 2012 Qualifiers.

'"

Football neanderthals. What do you expect? Racist, sexist, thuggish, homophobic, nasty wastes of space.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach355No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2016Jul 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
42235.jpg
The whole thing is just a mess You're fired:42235.jpg

Quote: Peckerwood "

I agree with that and the rest of your post but I still can't bring myself to sing about it at sports events.
Abide with me ? Now that's a different story

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13915
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
26249_1542017975.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_26249.jpg

Quote: Peckerwood "

Luckily they didnt have servers during the time of Oliver Cromwell. All what you say reads like it is directly from her majesty's website. Most leading countries manage perfectly well without an arcane, outdated, unfair, un-democratic system such as our monarchy thus defeating the majority of your points.

No tourists without a Royal Family? Get real, have you been to Paris, New York, Berlin etc?

You know I still fail to see why we should have the head of church and state determined by which poor sod falls out a womb before the other.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach6362No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2012Apr 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
12937_1277989655.jpg
We're the first ones to starve, we're the first ones to die The first ones in line for that pie-in-the-sky And we're always the last when the cream is shared out For the worker is working when the fat cat's about:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_12937.jpg

Quote: Wires71 "

You know I still fail to see why we should have the head of church and state determined by which poor sod falls out a womb before the other.'"

This is my problem with them; that they are born into privilege.

What Peckerwood said is pretty much the arguement of a friend of mine; they don't do any harm, they have no power anymore, bring in tourism, etc.

I think that there are plenty of other tourists attractions in the country, and in London, for the tourism industry to survive. I don't understand the fascination with Royals, I'm not sure I'd go to London and take photos of Buck house, but then again I don't understand the fascination with a lot of things. Each to their own, I guess.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2638No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2022Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
33972.gif
[quote:3dfkgjhv][b:3dfkgjhv]scully = god wrote[/b:3dfkgjhv]: We have the worst fans in the league. FACT.[/quote:3dfkgjhv]:33972.gif

i dont personally see it as that big of a deal.

national anthems have never been important to me, and i cant see why the welsh national was played when the game wasnt an international game.

i did stand for the anthem, but it didnt bother me at all that people were chanting god save the queen. i couldnt care less if people chanted over our anthem.

just my personal opinion though, as i said i dont see them as being that important.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach6362No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2012Apr 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
12937_1277989655.jpg
We're the first ones to starve, we're the first ones to die The first ones in line for that pie-in-the-sky And we're always the last when the cream is shared out For the worker is working when the fat cat's about:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_12937.jpg

Quote: i hate pies "

national anthems have never been important to me, and i cant see why the welsh national was played when the game wasnt an international game.
.'"

I think it was just because they had the choir there and available. I remember Derby County playing on the BBC last season (I think it was Newcastle or West Brom), and they had a marching band playing GSTQ. Was very confusing, but I think that was a similar situation; they just happened to have the accessibility to the band and used it pre-match.

I think it would've been nice for our fans to show more respect to the anthem, if not out of politeness, at the very least considering some of the Warrington greats that country has produced.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach746No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2012Sep 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
43470_1299931034.jpg
Hes Fast, Hes Black, Hes from the Outback... APPOOOOO APPOOOOOO. Graham Appo - True Legend! The AUP, Rl Fans equivalent of Sepp Blatter.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_43470.jpg

Royal Family = More Tourism = More money coming in than they actually spend.

As Johnny Rotten said "All tourists are MONEY!!" icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner8177No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2017Oct 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
5414.jpg
[quote="Bob Paisley":y3z7f3as]A lot of teams beat us, do a lap of honour and don't stop running. They live too long on one good result. I remember Jimmy Adamson crowing after Burnley had beaten us once and that his players were in a different league. At the end of the season they were.[/quote:y3z7f3as] [quote="WireFanatic II":y3z7f3as]Why, if it isn't Catalancs, RLFANS answer to a question no-one asked![/quote:y3z7f3as]:5414.jpg

Quote: Peckerwood "Without the Queen tourism in this country would be non existent, which is revenue that is badly needed in this country at the present time. If you were to take all of the politicians, bankers and businessmen out of London you would be left with nothing but tourists. The Royal Family has a rich and controversial history which people still pay good money to tour the Palace, Tower of London, and waste on expensive tacky merchandise.

Like it or not, the Royals still play a vital role in our country whatever you may think of them.'"

What a load of pork chops.

Did she build Buckinhgam Palace, Windsor Castle, Tower of london, Houses of Parliament and Alton Towers. If the monarchy was ditched tomorrow and they were forced homeless and lived under the arches of Southwark Bridge, then there would still be plenty of tourism to see the likes of Buckingham Place, Windsor Castle, Tower of london, etc etc.

Tourists rarely see the Queen, yet frequently visit the historic sites of london and the rest of the country, that's what they come to see, not the Queen, and they will still come to see them whether she dies tomorrow or was dethroned and slung under the arches.

History among others things brins tourism to this country, not the Queen.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner5952No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2018May 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6580.jpg
:6580.jpg

Quote: y05heather "Twaddle is it, I am sorry you think so Mistah Lee but we obviously have different ideas. I think the Welsh people are very patriotic, as am I as a proud English person, and yes the people who did not respect their Anthem were incredibly rude. But I stand by my original post, I don't think their Anthem should have been played, but if they choose to do so, they should respect my Anthem also. On your second point, I think the problem is with young people not being brought up to respect anything. Maybe I go back further than most on this forum. But I remember standing for the National Anthem all events even the cinema.'"

What the hell are you on about? It's their ground, if they want to play and sing their anthem to get the crowd going, and create a feeling of them being a Welsh club, then good on them.

Do you complain that we play Tom Hark when we score a try but then don't respect the away team's tries, for example by playing Bully Bully when Bradford score?

It's up to them what they do, and they have no need to play the English anthem at all.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner5952No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2018May 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6580.jpg

Quote: SLIMply the best "i still don't see it as racism, missplaced / innapropriate patriotism maybe, it isn't racism. is it?'"

The whole sheep-sh@gging thing is based on a racist stereotype.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2900No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2022Nov 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46584_1279360105.jpg
Warrington RLFC: The Wire, NOT Warrington Wolves FORZA WIRE:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_46584.jpg

Quote: "Do you complain that we play Tom Hark when we score a try'"

I do. It's cringeworthy and in my opinion it flattens the atmosphere rather than adds to it. It was particularly noticeable when we scored in the semi and final last year and after a split second of unparralleled exhuberance, right on cue came Tom Hark and thousands of people stopped celebrating naturally and simply turned into performing seals.

Real atmosphere killed stone dead at the push of a button.

Leeds don't play music after they score a try and Headingley has argubly the best atmosphere in the league. There's a lot to be said for letting people celebrate naturally.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner5952No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2018May 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6580.jpg

Quote: Dropkick Murphy "I do. It's cringeworthy and in my opinion it flattens the atmosphere rather than adds to it. It was particularly noticeable when we scored in the semi and final last year and after a split second of unparralleled exhuberance, right on cue came Tom Hark and thousands of people stopped celebrating naturally and simply turned into performing seals.

Real atmosphere killed stone dead at the push of a button.

Leeds don't play music after they score a try and Headingley has argubly the best atmosphere in the league. There's a lot to be said for letting people celebrate naturally.'"

Personally I don't mind TH, as long as there is a delay. When it is played instantly, I agree with you, but when there is a decent period of time to celebrate and then they play it, it extends the celebration, and IMHO works well.

icon_biggrin.gif Either way, it wasn't really the point of my post!

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner7605No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024May 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Dropkick Murphy "Leeds don't play music after they score a try and Headingley has argubly the best atmosphere in the league. There's a lot to be said for letting people celebrate naturally.'"

because they haven't finished playing "Marching all-together" until 20 minutes into the first half.

63 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
63 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

6.0771484375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
tad rhino
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC