OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2023May 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Black Backgrounds/Sam the Eagle.gif
:Black Backgrounds/Sam the Eagle.gif

Quote: Captain Hook "Bit like a young Gary Mercer?'"

More like Ian Potter, possibly the best tackling forward I've seen in the P & B.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator6015
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
66556_1331046115.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_66556.jpg

Quote: moving on... "Indeed. Philbin looks to be coming on brilliantly this year and seems to run his weight. Which is more than can be said for a lot of the forwards in out team at the minute.'"

He more than runs his weight if that's possible and without me getting my O Level Physics books out of the loft where they are at last of some use providing insulation where my lagging is missing? He actually seems to accelerate at impact, very heartening to see and difficult to stop

RankPostsTeam
Moderator4682No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

He had a year in Oz before he joined us and I suspect they taught him to tackle.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13965
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
26249_1542017975.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_26249.jpg

Quote: Captain Hook "Not at all, just finding your constant negativity wearing...when I read the first sentence I was going to check if I had misread who the poster was. The second sentence resolved the issue.'"

Suggest you read it again. It was "moving on..." who made the "negative" post to which you refer whereas I started the positive topic. LOL. a050.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain4633
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
74166_1608576718.jpeg
Just my opinions unless it's a FACT, in which case it's a fact.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_74166.jpeg

Quote: Wires71 "Suggest you read it again. It was "moving on..." who made the "negative" post to which you refer whereas I started the positive topic. LOL. My apologies, guess I'm more delicate than I thought!

RankPostsTeam
International Star2079No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
64184_1321217004.jpg
[u:uqsh9cjt][b:uqsh9cjt][color=#0000FF:uqsh9cjt]Its ALWAYS our year[/color:uqsh9cjt][/b:uqsh9cjt][/u:uqsh9cjt] [color=#000000:uqsh9cjt]E[/color:uqsh9cjt][color=#FF0000:uqsh9cjt]s[/color:uqsh9cjt][color=#000000:uqsh9cjt]t[/color:uqsh9cjt].[color=#FF0000:uqsh9cjt]1[/color:uqsh9cjt][color=#000000:uqsh9cjt]8[/color:uqsh9cjt][color=#FF0000:uqsh9cjt]7[/color:uqsh9cjt][color=#000000:uqsh9cjt]6[/color:uqsh9cjt] [color=#0000FF:uqsh9cjt]Sent to me from heaven... You are my world.[/color:uqsh9cjt] 1876 - 2022 BUM BANGERS SINCE 2012:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_64184.jpg

Quote: Captain Hook "Good point about Philbin. Was it really necessary to add the final sentence though?'"

It was yes because it's the truth.

There are bigger blokes in out pack with more weight and greater experience who run the ball in half d, make contact and hit the floor. Philbin and Jullien at the moment are showing players like Sims, Cooper and G. King how to take a ball in and how to put a shot on.

It's not negativity at all, it's the truth. Your mentality of "Why can't we just focus on the positives?" Is the very reason why we haven't won a GF yet. Do you think Wigan, Saints and Leeds are happy with scraping wins, but "That's ok because we played ok in patches." The answer is no. Their fans and the club demand more and that's why they've got to where they are.

Yes the Easter period is taxing but we're extremely lucky we've played two of the worst teams teams in the league and one of the most inconsistent. Whether you want to face the facts or not, We've played absolutely garbage with a few individual performances scraping us through.

So yes, it does need mentioning. Because until People start waking up the drivel that is being served up not just at our club but others too, Warrington and SL will continue to underperform and under achieve compared to the top clubs like Wigan, Saints and Leeds and the top league that is the NRL.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1170
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
47151_1279870671.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_47151.jpg

Quote: moving on... "It was yes because it's the truth.

There are bigger blokes in out pack with more weight and greater experience who run the ball in half d, make contact and hit the floor. Philbin and Jullien at the moment are showing players like Sims, Cooper and G. King how to take a ball in and how to put a shot on.

It's not negativity at all, it's the truth. Your mentality of "Why can't we just focus on the positives?" Is the very reason why we haven't won a GF yet. Do you think Wigan, Saints and Leeds are happy with scraping wins, but "That's ok because we played ok in patches." The answer is no. Their fans and the club demand more and that's why they've got to where they are.

Yes the Easter period is taxing but we're extremely lucky we've played two of the worst teams teams in the league and one of the most inconsistent. Whether you want to face the facts or not, We've played absolutely garbage with a few individual performances scraping us through.

So yes, it does need mentioning. Because until People start waking up the drivel that is being served up not just at our club but others too, Warrington and SL will continue to underperform and under achieve compared to the top clubs like Wigan, Saints and Leeds and the top league that is the NRL.'"

I'm with you bud and in particular the last paragraph, perfectly sums up SL this season k020.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star523
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2018May 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons077e_files/5440-3661prettyflower-msnicons.gif
2016 - "[b:1wi7rasd][i:1wi7rasd][u:1wi7rasd][color=#4000FF:1wi7rasd]This is our Year[/color:1wi7rasd][/u:1wi7rasd][/i:1wi7rasd][/b:1wi7rasd]":icons077e_files/5440-3661prettyflower-msnicons.gif

Do we have 2 George Kings as the one I have been watching is playing well and making yards as and when he plays. Also I do agree with some of your comments Moving On, but to say they only make contact and hit the floor is actually what they are asked to do. If you ask Clarke or Dwyer they will say that they make more yards of Sims and Coopers drives than Hill's as the play the ball is quicker and creates more space for him. It may be just a case of you want them to push through the line more but Smith wants them to hit the floor and get a quick play.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain4633
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
74166_1608576718.jpeg
Just my opinions unless it's a FACT, in which case it's a fact.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_74166.jpeg

So yes, it does need mentioning. Because until People start waking up the drivel that is being served up not just at our club but others too, Warrington and SL will continue to underperform and under achieve compared to the top clubs like Wigan, Saints and Leeds and the top league that is the NRL.'"

You have totally misunderstood me. My point was you have any number of posts emphasising the bad points, they would have far more impact (in my opinion) if you occasionally were able to make a purely positive point. I challenge you to find a post from me where I say "just focus on the positives" or anything to that effect.
You seem to think that great insight is needed to realise we are not playing well and that the general standards of Super League have plummeted. It is absolutely clear that that is the case. It is also clear that this is at least in part due to the Salary Cap which was meant to make playing standards equal, which to an extent it has...unfortunately it has dragged the wealthier clubs down rather than raise the less wealthy up.
But it strikes me you don't live in the real world but rather some rugby league nirvana where a club can sign any player it wants, where players are super human and don't suffer injuries or a loss of form and Warrington are entitled to win everything. If anyone needs to wake up its you.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2079No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
64184_1321217004.jpg
[u:uqsh9cjt][b:uqsh9cjt][color=#0000FF:uqsh9cjt]Its ALWAYS our year[/color:uqsh9cjt][/b:uqsh9cjt][/u:uqsh9cjt] [color=#000000:uqsh9cjt]E[/color:uqsh9cjt][color=#FF0000:uqsh9cjt]s[/color:uqsh9cjt][color=#000000:uqsh9cjt]t[/color:uqsh9cjt].[color=#FF0000:uqsh9cjt]1[/color:uqsh9cjt][color=#000000:uqsh9cjt]8[/color:uqsh9cjt][color=#FF0000:uqsh9cjt]7[/color:uqsh9cjt][color=#000000:uqsh9cjt]6[/color:uqsh9cjt] [color=#0000FF:uqsh9cjt]Sent to me from heaven... You are my world.[/color:uqsh9cjt] 1876 - 2022 BUM BANGERS SINCE 2012:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_64184.jpg

Quote: Captain Hook "You have totally misunderstood me. My point was you have any number of posts emphasising the bad points, they would have far more impact (in my opinion) if you occasionally were able to make a purely positive point.'"

Why? this is a forum for discussion on our club. You acknowledge we aren't playing well so why gloss over it? Tell it how it is.

Quote: Captain Hook "But it strikes me you don't live in the real world but rather some rugby league nirvana where a club can sign any player it wants, where players are super human and don't suffer injuries or a loss of form and Warrington are entitled to win everything. If anyone needs to wake up its you.'"

What has any of that got to do with what I said? I said clubs like Wigan Saints and Leeds strive for perfection and won't accept anything less. everyone from the chairman to the program seller is in a winning mentality. Here at Warrington there seems to be an atmosphere of "It doesn't matter as long as you try your best"

I never said we're entitled to win everything. No club is.

But what every club should have is expectations and standards.

Quote: Captain Hook "Do we have 2 George Kings as the one I have been watching is playing well and making yards as and when he plays. Also I do agree with some of your comments Moving On, but to say they only make contact and hit the floor is actually what they are asked to do. If you ask Clarke or Dwyer they will say that they make more yards of Sims and Coopers drives than Hill's as the play the ball is quicker and creates more space for him. It may be just a case of you want them to push through the line more but Smith wants them to hit the floor and get a quick play.'"

G. King has picked up a tad I will admit.

And though you are correct about delivering a quick play the ball, however. You still have to win the collision. Making contact and hitting the floor is far less effective then hitting the opposition, keeping your momentum going, hitting the ground on your terms and getting up and playing the ball before the markers can get set.

At the minute, We're surrendering the tackle and the markers have the to stand up and get set before we can play the ball.

I guarantee you now Clark would prefer one maker on the floor or the markers not square any day of the week rather than simply a quick play the ball. A messy ruck is paradise for Daryl.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2079No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
64184_1321217004.jpg

Quote: moving on... "Why? this is a forum for discussion on our club. You acknowledge we aren't playing well so why gloss over it? Tell it how it is.

What has any of that got to do with what I said? I said clubs like Wigan Saints and Leeds strive for perfection and won't accept anything less. everyone from the chairman to the program seller is in a winning mentality. Here at Warrington there seems to be an atmosphere of "It doesn't matter as long as you try your best"

I never said we're entitled to win everything. No club is.

But what every club should have is expectations and standards.

G. King has picked up a tad I will admit.

And you are indeed correct about delivering a quick play the ball, however. You still have to win the collision. Making contact and hitting the floor is far less effective then hitting the opposition, keeping your momentum going, hitting the ground on your terms and getting up and playing the ball before the markers can get set.

At the minute, We're surrendering the tackle and the markers have the to stand up and get set before we can play the ball.

I guarantee you now Clark would prefer one maker on the floor or the markers not square any day of the week rather than simply a quick play the ball. A messy ruck is paradise for Daryl.

If smith wants his forward to play as you stay then they should at least be steaming onto a short ball and leaving at least one defender skittled on the floor

And before Captain Hook pipes up about expecting super human players again. You don't have to be super human to run hard. you don't even have to be big. It all comes down to heart and desire.'"

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain4633
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
74166_1608576718.jpeg

"moving on" where have I glossed over anything? I see Philbins' form as a positive. I acknowledge that players suffer injuries and loss of form, I wish we were playing a lot better.
Your posts read like a contestant from one of those talent shows "it shows if you want something enough anything is possible" No, it isn't.
Heart and desire are not enough. What about skill? What about being injury free? And where in your philosophy does the opponent fit in? It is not possible in a salary capped sport for all the players on one team to be better than all the players on the other team.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1322No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Feb 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Yeah so julien heh ...

What a guy

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13965
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
26249_1542017975.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_26249.jpg

Totally agree. It's exactly why Saints sack their coach and club legend as the results and playing style are not acceptable to the club or the fans. Warrington on the other hand have a chairman appealing for support and superfans on Facebook saying "great performance" after the Huddersfield game. We also have the excuse brigade armed with an inexhaustible supply of reasons why everything other than the head coach are to blame (salary cap, injuries, individual form, private life issues, time to gel, confidence etc etc etc).

Smith, never, not once, speaks up and accepts any type of responsibility for the performances. All his interviews are constructed from the perspective that what is happening is some sort of "act of god" that he has no control of. Just trots out the "we are hurting" bs.

If players are out of form - drop them. If they have personal issues - relieve them. If there are no replacements - whose fault is that? If we keep making silly errors - fix it. We seem to have no attacking structure in the opposition 30 - drill the team with structure.

But don't dare express dissatisfaction on the clubs No 1 unofficial forum as you will be pilloried and have all sorts of comments made about your personal outlook on life. It's all got to be rosey. All must have prizes.

I honestly think the majority of Warrington fans, and forum posters, would put up with anything.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain4633
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
74166_1608576718.jpeg

Quote: Wires71 "Totally agree. It's exactly why Saints sack their coach and club legend as the results and playing style are not acceptable to the club or the fans. Warrington on the other hand have a chairman appealing for support and superfans on Facebook saying "great performance" after the Huddersfield game. We also have the excuse brigade armed with an inexhaustible supply of reasons why everything other than the head coach are to blame (salary cap, injuries, individual form, private life issues, time to gel, confidence etc etc etc).

Smith, never, not once, speaks up and accepts any type of responsibility for the performances. All his interviews are constructed from the perspective that what is happening is some sort of "act of god" that he has no control of. Just trots out the "we are hurting" bs.

If players are out of form - drop them. If they have personal issues - relieve them. If there are no replacements - whose fault is that? If we keep making silly errors - fix it. We seem to have no attacking structure in the opposition 30 - drill the team with structure.

But don't dare express dissatisfaction on the clubs No 1 unofficial forum as you will be pilloried and have all sorts of comments made about your personal outlook on life. It's all got to be rosey. All must have prizes.

I honestly think the majority of Warrington fans, and forum posters, would put up with anything.'"

It seems to be those who don't agree with your view that are pilloried.
Interesting that you raise the issue of Saints though. They have griped about KC for a lot longer than you have about TS. They suffered poor results, poor signings and a dull style of play for far longer than we have under TS.
Just to reiterate though, my position is that I am far from happy with our playing style this season, that it MAY be that TS is due for replacement (subject to a suitable alternative), but I do not want him sacked mid season. I can see however that there are forces other than just the coach that account for some of our problems and as has been pointed out the forum is for opinions...these are my opinions...

58 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
58 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.705078125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Cokey
3m
BORED The Band Name Game
Cokey
4m