FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Warrington Wolves > Should the play-offs decide the Champions?
46 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner3422
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Apr 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7958_1321302247.jpg
[url:15kig0eg]http://www.traditionalteacompany.co.uk/[/url:15kig0eg] [quote="Saddened":15kig0eg]Pat Richards is poop. A typical, average, run of the mill NRL outside back. Nothing special at all. Like Barrett he is a myth. He is solid enough, he can catch, he can kick goals.[/quote:15kig0eg]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_7958.jpg

Finishing top is the hardest thing to achieve but we have had this system for years now, and we all know how to be crowned champions and whether you like it or not its winning the GF that counts. I'm glad some of you now understand the achievement of finishing top, because last year it was a completely different story with some Wire fans (not all). I'm sure if Wire had won the GF last season from 3rd you wouldn't be saying this. I know its the same with many fans but opinions on this changed very quickly with a change in circumstance.

Still cant see past you guys, and think you will be champions come October.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach4063
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Darlings of Super League:

I knew embarrassing threads like this would appear if we came top, just as I knew the embarrassing comparisons to football would be thrown in for good measure.

Championship finals/Grand Finals are the traditional way of deciding the league winners and the game needs the money generated by the play-off games. There's no point arguing that it could be a separate competition because that competition would slowly die off through lack of interest.

We came top knowing the rules, but it counts for nothing unless we win the Grand Final. Being consistent is one things, but for 13 years clubs have been gearing their preparation up in order to peak at this time of year. Those are the rules and rightly so, let's go and win the trophy rather than being precious.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner29210No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6310_1310045241.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6310.jpg

The 'league' we have now isn't a proper league anyway. If you want to regard the league leaders as champions, you would have to have games against each team without the extra fixture thrown in that we have now.

And as I've mentioned on here throughout the season teams no longer go all out to win every game, they have an eye on the long term and the goal is no longer trying to finish top, but to ensure they go into the play offs in the best form and the best condition.

FPTP in Super League this season would have meant everyone below Wigan going through the motions for 6 months of the season.

FPTP & No Relegation = Nothing to play for, for most teams.

RankPostsTeam
Administrator18777
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 199925 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2022Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
4.jpg
Sian: Oh that's a very pretty plane, it's all pink and purply Thecko: And it says Wizz on it :shock: [url=http://www.myspace.com/thecko:1apcmlzd]-myspace-[/url:1apcmlzd] _ [url=http://www.thecko.co.uk/photos/:1apcmlzd]-Various Photos-[/url:1apcmlzd] _ [url=http://www.thecko.co.uk/blog/:1apcmlzd]-Blog-[/url:1apcmlzd] _ [url=http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/registry/registry.html/ref=w_h_em-si-html_viewall/202-2367638-0731855?id=HI88OEDMA7CN:1apcmlzd]amazon wishlist (go on, you know you wanna buy me stuff)[/url:1apcmlzd]:4.jpg

Administrator

Quote: Saddened! "The 'league' we have now isn't a proper league anyway. If you want to regard the league leaders as champions, you would have to have games against each team without the extra fixture thrown in that we have now.'"

Quite correct.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach455No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2012Oct 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I posted last season after Wigan finished top, that the real champions are whoever sits at the top after 27 games.
That view still holds good.
The play offs should be a separate knock out competition with first playing 8th etc. Maybe for the Sky Superleague trophy?
Why teams have to play off after 27 gruelling matches when every team has played each other at least twice, and then in a knockout formula is beyond me.
If Hull happened to win at OT, would they truly be considered the best team in the league, and henceforth, Superleague champions? No offence to Hull - just using you as an example.

RankPostsTeam
Administrator18777
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 199925 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2022Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
4.jpg
Sian: Oh that's a very pretty plane, it's all pink and purply Thecko: And it says Wizz on it :shock: [url=http://www.myspace.com/thecko:1apcmlzd]-myspace-[/url:1apcmlzd] _ [url=http://www.thecko.co.uk/photos/:1apcmlzd]-Various Photos-[/url:1apcmlzd] _ [url=http://www.thecko.co.uk/blog/:1apcmlzd]-Blog-[/url:1apcmlzd] _ [url=http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/registry/registry.html/ref=w_h_em-si-html_viewall/202-2367638-0731855?id=HI88OEDMA7CN:1apcmlzd]amazon wishlist (go on, you know you wanna buy me stuff)[/url:1apcmlzd]:4.jpg

Administrator

Quote: just_browny "Championship finals/Grand Finals are the traditional way of deciding the league winners'"

Yet another person saying "well we've had it before" without any attempt to say [iwhy[/i that was the case in the first place. The playoffs were originally a fixture in league in this country because of the logistics, time and cost involved of arranging costly and timely travel to away fixtures across the pennines at a time when the players had full time jobs to work and transport was slow. This was the reason why it happened, and that is no longer an issue in modern times.

If you're going to argue for the playoff system being kept please at least give valid reasons, and there are some, 2 of which are
1) We don't play each time an equal number of times home & away
2) It's bloody good entertainment and is exciting.

Quote: just_browny "and the game needs the money generated by the play-off games.'"

And that's another valid reason in favour of the playoffs.

It doesn't alter the fact I find it difficult to justify the playoff system to people who are not already RL die hards. I've already had two conversations this morning where people have expressed to me what a joke it is that a team that finishes top of the pile now have to win a sudden death knock-out tournament to be deemed champions.

Rugby League - shooting itself in the foot commercially since 1896.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner29210No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6310_1310045241.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6310.jpg

Quote: Richeastender "I posted last season after Wigan finished top, that the real champions are whoever sits at the top after 27 games.
The play offs should be a separate knock out competition with first playing 8th etc. Maybe for the Sky Superleague trophy?
Why teams have to play off after 27 gruelling matches when every team has played each other at least twice, and then in a knockout formula is beyond me.
If Hull happened to win at OT, would they truly be considered the best team in the league, and henceforth, Superleague champions? No offence to Hull - just using you as an example.'"

Yes, why not? If Warrington aren't capable of winning the Grand Final this season, it means they are not really suitable for the Champions crown doesn't it.

Being able to handle the pressure generated by the playoffs and Grand Final is exactly the kind of test that identifies the strongest squad in SL. If a team isn't up to that test they are not the Champion side they thought they were.

RankPostsTeam
Administrator18777
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 199925 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2022Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
4.jpg

Administrator

Quote: Saddened! "
Being able to handle the pressure generated by the playoffs and Grand Final is exactly the kind of test that identifies the strongest squad in SL. '"

Can you explain then, why winning the Challenge Cup is looked upon as a lesser title than the main league title, because, to quote many fans (and I include people who have been trolling the Wigan forum too this year): "all you have to do is win a few games, not be consistent over a whole season".

My only problem with the current playoff format is that too many teams are involved. If Hull FC or Hull KR go on to win the Super League this year, then they will quite rightly be crowned champions as the rules allowed them to be so, but I would be embarrassed to proclaim my love of RL (for the first time in my life) to people who know nothing of the sport and want an explanation as to why the team that finished 8th were suddenly deemed champions.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2866
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2019Nov 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Mummy duck is now thoroughly depressed. SHE was the one that was famous for losing five in a row........until the 2011 GF!!!!!:

Two separate competitions.....the league and the playoffs. Even coaches will say that from this point on, its a completely different competition and they are starting from scratch.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2866
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2019Nov 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Mummy duck is now thoroughly depressed. SHE was the one that was famous for losing five in a row........until the 2011 GF!!!!!:

Quote: Richeastender "I posted last season after Wigan finished top, that the real champions are whoever sits at the top after 27 games.
If Hull happened to win at OT, would they truly be considered the best team in the league, and henceforth, Superleague champions? No offence to Hull - just using you as an example.'"

Well that makes at least 2 of us.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach4063
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: Paul Thexton "Yet another person saying "well we've had it before" without any attempt to say [iwhy[/i that was the case in the first place. The playoffs were originally a fixture in league in this country because of the logistics, time and cost involved of arranging costly and timely travel to away fixtures across the pennines at a time when the players had full time jobs to work and transport was slow. This was the reason why it happened, and that is no longer an issue in modern times.

If you're going to argue for the playoff system being kept please at least give valid reasons, and there are some, 2 of which are
1) We don't play each time an equal number of times home & away
2) It's bloody good entertainment and is exciting.

And that's another valid reason in favour of the playoffs.

It doesn't alter the fact I find it difficult to justify the playoff system to people who are not already RL die hards. I've already had two conversations this morning where people have expressed to me what a joke it is that a team that finishes top of the pile now have to win a sudden death knock-out tournament to be deemed champions.

Rugby League - shooting itself in the foot commercially since 1896.'"

I must say I've read this forum for many years and you've always come across as one of the most conceited people on here. I'm sure you're a nice guy in person but I'm afraid the above post has only confirmed my opinion.

There are a number of positive aspects to the play-offs, which I didn't name one-by-one because I actually thought you'd done a decent job in your opening post ( icon_rolleyes.gif ). Namely, these are:

- Creating an additional set-piece occasion in the GF which is vital for the finances of the game and supports RFL grassroots investment. The game puts RL in the spotlight nationally (although not nearly as luch as it deserves) for one day in the year in a way that a FPTP system almost never does.
- The play-off games generate excitement and additional revenue as mentioned, and although crowds drop off slightly from the weekly rounds (because season tickets aren't included), Sky figures are excellent at this time of year.
- The play-off system keeps the season alive for far more clubs and gives smaller clubs an objective and incentives throughout the season.

You should have explained to these people that it isn't a 'sudden death knock-out' competition - er, because it isn't. For some reason people seem to be embarrassed of our game's traditions in a way that fans of other sports never are. Maybe Wimbledon should be decided on a league basis, or the football world cup? After all, that would surely show the 'best' sides who had been consistent, rather than the result of a tie-break or a penalty shootout.

Shooting itself in the foot commercially? That's certainly a well-worn platitude on RL forums but what is a better alternative system? Super League attendances are as high as they've ever been for top-flight RL and certainly the game is in better health commercially than it was in the 80s and 90s (incidentally, when we had FPTP).

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2900No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2022Nov 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46584_1279360105.jpg
Warrington RLFC: The Wire, NOT Warrington Wolves FORZA WIRE:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_46584.jpg

If we're completely honest, so many of us are so desperate to see Wire crowned champions for the first time in our lives, that after finishing top we wish that was it and we could celebrate properly without the fear of it not actually happening after all.

To finish top but then not win the final after so many years without the biggest honour of them all would be the equivalent of scoring a try under the sticks in the last second of a game we were four points down in, then slicing the conversion wide and having to settle for the draw instead of victory.

Finishing top is harder than winning a play off series, but as far as I'm aware - and I'm saying this from memory not from research so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong as I may well be - the only team to finish top and not reach the Grand Final were an injury ravaged Saints in 2005, and the only team to finish outside the top two and win it were Bradford from third the same year.

That suggests the odds are heavily stacked in our favour, and we all knew the rules at the start of the season, so lets go out and do it.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach4063
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: Dropkick Murphy "If we're completely honest, so many of us are so desperate to see Wire crowned champions for the first time in our lives, that after finishing top we wish that was it and we could celebrate properly without the fear of it not actually happening after all.

To finish top but then not win the final after so many years without the biggest honour of them all would be the equivalent of scoring a try under the sticks in the last second of a game we were four points down in, then slicing the conversion wide and having to settle for the draw instead of victory.

Finishing top is harder than winning a play off series, but as far as I'm aware - and I'm saying this from memory not from research so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong as I may well be - the only team to finish top and not reach the Grand Final were an injury ravaged Saints in 2005, and the only team to finish outside the top two and win it were Bradford from third the same year.

That suggests the odds are heavily stacked in our favour, and we all knew the rules at the start of the season, so lets go out and do it.'"

Spot on. I would contend that every winner of a Grand Final we have had has proved themselves worthy champions.

RankPostsTeam
International Star594
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2024Feb 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

As a die hard Hull FC supporter, I was there on Friday of course and although disappointed that after 25 mins of battle from us in the end your class was their to see and you rightly finish as champions. I was pleased to be there to watch a champion team in action against a Hull team that are no mugs, albeit I do feel that our next generation of Halcyon days maybe just around the corner.
So my point is, .......What real recognition do you get as League Champions ?

Yes it used to be the big thing, and I do believe the "full course" truly decides the best team in the league. Yet as the RFL want the season to end in a blaze of glory we have now adopted the Oz style play offs which do indeed spread excitement through the game in a way Super League games perhaps do not. They have the ability to generate cash for the successful clubs and the league, and there is the Glory of the showcase grand final to put the Winners on a pedestal.

Because the "organisers" market their nest egg which is play offs and the grand final and not the "League Champions" it means this, one of the greatest of feats in our great game, is lost to History with hardly a mention. This I find so sad, and wrong.
Clearly the RFL do not show any sign of protest at the BBCs total ignorance of a performance such as winning a league where bodies are truly put on the line. In fact it appears they welcome the BBCs lack of coverage. Whether this is on the BBC Rugby League Website or the mickey Mouse Super League show, or BBC Breakfast, this feat goes without a mention. ( BBC Breakfast often showcase national sporting success- but never our sport)

I believe this is wholly wrong. I believe the winners, should be given a big mention on the BBC and that prize monies should be raised to recognise the feat that it is. OK the Grand Final is now the main event but the League Champions should not wallow in media obscurity without barely a mention.

Yes you do as champions have the reward(and rightly so) of an easier passage to the Grand Final. but it guarantees you nothing and that just can't be right. We should celebrate our League champions.
Their should be greater recognition of a fantastic winning season were you are the best. But that may all yet be forgotten as some other side may yet be crowned at Old Trafford. It is unlikely to be us from 8th, but it's possible.
However it could very easily be someone else.
I do hope you go on to take the trophy, but of course you may yet be bridesmaids who like other champions before you simply can't be found that easily in the record books.
Should winning the championship be marketed better by the league ?
Should then the BBC and Sky showcase the champions as true league champions are in football and Union ?
Should there be a greater financial reward for the League champions ?

RankPostsTeam
Administrator18777
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 199925 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2022Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
4.jpg

Administrator

Quote: just_browny "I must say I've read this forum for many years and you've always come across as one of the most conceited people on here. I'm sure you're a nice guy in person but I'm afraid the above post has only confirmed my opinion.'"

You're entitled to your opinion - I prefer to say that I argue my points of view with clarity and reasoning, just because I don't agree with you doesn't make me conceited, but whatever, I won't lose any sleep over it.

Quote: just_browny "There are a number of positive aspects to the play-offs,'"

There are, and I will never argue that there aren't - however, my key concern is to see RL grow and the only way in which to do that is to get more people through the turnstiles and spending money at the clubs (which includes merchandise revenues as well as turnstile clicks). My frustration is born from the fact that I continually face the same problem year on year that people see the main competition with derision, and yet are happy to get behind the idea of the Challenge Cup (and I have convinced many of the years to come to cup games, less so SL games because they see them as superfluous as the regular season league games simply aren't that important).

Quote: just_browny " which I didn't name one-by-one because I actually thought you'd done a decent job in your opening post (

A system which the sporting public of the country you're in can get behind. Playoffs are not controversial in Aus or America for example, the current Super League system would seem to be perfectly natural in these countries. I challenge you to convince the sporting public of GB&I that a team finishing 8th being crowned 'league' champions is morally justifiable, you will find it incredibly difficult.

Quote: just_browny " Super League attendances are as high as they've ever been for top-flight RL and certainly the game is in better health commercially than it was in the 80s and 90s (incidentally, when we had FPTP).'"

And yet we still have clubs going in to administration. All is not exactly rosy in RL, we are currently pandering to the wishes of Sky in order to generate more revenue through the TV contract, because, let's face it, that's the easier money. Football isn't rich simply because advertisers and sponsors want to throw money at it, these people throw money at football because it has a huge target audience for them. Rugby League needs more people through the gates, Warrington's attendances are up right now, but that's on the back of success, I wonder what our crowds will be once we return to mid-table standing or worse?

46 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
46 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

4.50830078125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Ken Rollin
PopTart
6m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
7m
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
8m
Call for funds
Greg Florimo
9m
Film game
Boss Hog
9m
Who do we want in the play-offs
Boss Hog
10m
7pm
PopTart
21m
Shopping list for 2025
DSJ1983
24m
Squad 2024
faxcar
32m
RD 25 Hull FC H
christopher
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Leeds Rhinos - Away
Dave K.
19s
This weeks disciplinary
Philth
21s
Boss Hog
29s
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
38s
Salford H
Steve0
53s
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
54s
Staying down after head contact
Jake the Peg
1m
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
Roam Ranger
1m
Film game
Boss Hog
1m
George Williams
just_browny
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
7pm
PopTart
TODAY
Boss Hog
TODAY
Tomkins last chance
Big Steve
TODAY
Ken Rollin
PopTart
TODAY
Max
PopTart
TODAY
Play-offs
Deeeekos
TODAY
Highlights v Whitehaven
Dunkirk Spir
TODAY
Play offs
newcat
TODAY
George Williams
just_browny
TODAY
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Huddersfield Away
Wire Weaver
TODAY
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off London Challenge
RLFANS News
TODAY
Salford Close In On The Play Offs As Dragons Crisis Continues
RLFANS News
TODAY
Batley v Dons - Sunday 8 September 2024
Wanderer
TODAY
Staying down after head contact
Jake the Peg
TODAY
Broncos Ladies
Deadcowboys1
TODAY
OT players staying down but staying on after treatment
djcool
TODAY
Hull live/Tomlinson
Chris71
TODAY
Todays match v Saints
Wanderer
TODAY
New England RL shirt
The Curtism
TODAY
Reserves Grand Final
Zig
TODAY
Shareholder meetings
Dunkirk Spir
TODAY
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth After Defeating Castleford Tigers
RLFANS News
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
Wigan Warriors Defeat Hull KR ..
Wane Names Provisional Squad f..
Leeds Rhinos Ride Their Luck F..
Wigan Warriors Level Top As Ca..
Castleford Tigers Inflict Anot..
Leigh Into the Six After Beati..
Five Into Three - Our Top Six ..
Leigh Leopards Lay Claim To Pl..
Salford Up To Fourth After Dem..
Hull KR Embarrass Saints As Th..
Rhinos Sweep Past the Dragons ..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.63M 3,635 ↑4580,11314,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 Fri 13th Sep
     National Rugby League 2024-R28
10:50
Penrith
v
Sydney
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R26
20:00
Leigh
v
Hull KR
St.Helens
v
Castleford
Wigan
v
Leeds
 Sat 14th Sep
07:05
Melbourne
v
Cronulla
10:50
NQL Cowboys
v
Newcastle
     Womens Super League 2024-R14
14:00
FeatherstoneW
v
York V
St.HelensW
v
BarrowW
15:00
Hull FC
v
Salford
       Championship 2024-R26
Barrow
v
Whitehaven
Bradford
v
Batley
Dewsbury
v
Swinton
Doncaster
v
Widnes
Featherstone
v
Sheffield
Wakefield
v
York
17:00
Toulouse
v
Halifax
Catalans
v
LondonB
 Sun 15th Sep
07:05
Canterbury
v
Manly
     Womens Super League 2024-R14
12:00
WiganW
v
LeedsW
Hudds W
v
Wire W
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Fri 13th Sep
SL
Leigh-Hull KR
SL
St.Helens-Castleford
SL
Wigan-Leeds
Sat 14th Sep
SL
Hull FC-Salford
SL
Catalans-LondonB
Sun 15th Sep
SL
Huddersfield-Warrington
Fri 20th Sep
SL
Huddersfield-Castleford
SL
Hull FC-Catalans
SL
Hull KR-Leeds
SL
Leigh-St.Helens
SL
Warrington-LondonB
SL
Wigan-Salford
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Sun 8th Sep
SL 25 Huddersfield22-16LondonB
WSL2024 13 LeedsW52-12FeatherstoneW
WSL2024 13 BarrowW24-4Hudds W
WSL2024 13 WiganW12-16York V
CH 25 Batley0-38Doncaster
CH 25 Halifax34-6Dewsbury
CH 25 Sheffield12-30Bradford
CH 25 Swinton28-8Featherstone
CH 25 Wakefield60-6Whitehaven
CH 25 Widnes6-12York
NRL 27 Manly20-40Cronulla
NRL 27 Newcastle14-6Dolphins
Sat 7th Sep
SL 25 Warrington16-2St.Helens
SL 25 Salford27-12Catalans
WSL2024 13 Wire W0-98St.HelensW
CH 25 Barrow24-36Toulouse
NRL 27 St.George24-26Canberra
NRL 27 Canterbury6-44NQL Cowboys
NRL 27 Penrith18-12Gold Coast
Fri 6th Sep
SL 25 Castleford12-34Leigh
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 25 619 336 283 40
Hull KR 25 669 311 358 38
Warrington 25 618 319 299 36
Salford 25 492 479 13 30
Leigh 25 548 362 186 29
St.Helens 25 544 366 178 28

Leeds 25 514 424 90 28
Catalans 25 439 415 24 26
Huddersfield 25 434 582 -148 18
Castleford 25 411 661 -250 15
Hull FC 25 320 812 -492 6
LondonB 25 309 850 -541 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 23 872 252 620 44
Bradford 23 602 359 243 30
Toulouse 22 624 322 302 29
Widnes 23 499 403 96 27
York 24 609 419 190 26
Featherstone 23 560 452 108 26

Sheffield 23 574 466 108 26
Doncaster 23 440 513 -73 21
Halifax 23 457 579 -122 20
Batley 23 364 497 -133 20