FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Warrington Wolves > Sorry to all the sound wire fans but....
35 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner29210No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6310_1310045241.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6310.jpg

Quote: Batesy "Read the thread, odem has posted on that saying wire fans Are the scum of rugby league, and btw, that's exactly what I said, it should be an appeal for help identyfing the people who attacked him, not by Odem telling Wire fans they "arn't good enough" then linking to a thread where he then calls them scum. That's not pointing out fans errors, it's just poor trolling.'"

But this isn't the first incident by any stretch of the imagination. I live in Warrington and I know it's not a particularly violent place, but I've seen a lot of chest beating by Warrington fans in recent years. So many moments where all it would take is one spark to set the incident off. Banning drinking at the games has got to be considered as I'll bet this incident was caused by a group of tanked up young lads walking round trying to display their hardness.

We don't want RL going the way of football and meaning you can't take your family to the games without fear of being assaulted. I just can't get my head around how someone does something like this and the people he's with accept it. If one of my mates assaulted someone for no reason I'd stop them, not that I'd have put up with the ridiculous animalistic displaying they do.

The incident sounds horrific but one good thing is that the area is littered with CCTV cameras, they're all over the offices, the bus station, the shopping centre, the bridge and the bank. So hopefully the fool who did this can spend some time behind bars and the w.@ nkers he was with can get a record too.

If they can identify those involved the club should make a point of banning them from matches.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member3555No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2023Aug 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I hope the young lady gets better soon and her injury isn't severe. I'm sorry for Hogan and his group, but please don't tar us all with the same brush. We are not all scum, but unfortunately you met the minority that don't know how to behave - win or lose. Every club has their hangers-on. these are the ones that appear for the big games to cause trouble, but don't bother with the 'smaller' games. I do agree though that Winwick Street between the stadium and the station does seem to be a flashpoint. It's not the first time there has been trouble there. Unfortunately the Police don't seem to have a strategy to address this and outside of the ground I fail to see what the club can do.

When I was a youngster in the 70s my parents wouldn't let me anywhere near Wilderspool because of the reputation of the fans. We don't want to get into that position again surely?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach12860No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2020Feb 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
39110_1363272058.jpg
Dropkick Murphy..we actually saw and heard a mass of bouncing and scarf and flag waving to Dale Cavese that drowned out anything we could muster.. It stopped us singing our own celebratory songs, it died out seconds later when we accepted we couldn't be heard over the Wigan lot Celebrations muted from us, job done from them. Most fans who slag them off are jealous their own club's support is nowhere near that good - sally cinnamon..Why not discuss Wigan? It's a rugby league message board. Wigan are the most famous brand in rugby league - Tre Cool..Saints fans are hopeless unless it's a cup final or grand final. Wigan fans are so much more loyal and passionate - the flying biscuit..Wires havent been massively succesful over the years, but I've spoke to Brian Bevan And he spoke to me and i wouldnt swap that for Wigans History, ever - Ande..on the TV i could only hear the Wigan fans with about 10 to go - Saint94..Every team is in your feckin shadow, we all know - FIOS:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_39110.jpg

Quote: Saddened! "But this isn't the first incident by any stretch of the imagination. I live in Warrington and I know it's not a particularly violent place, but I've seen a lot of chest beating by Warrington fans in recent years. So many moments where all it would take is one spark to set the incident off. Banning drinking at the games has got to be considered as I'll bet this incident was caused by a group of tanked up young lads walking round trying to display their hardness.

We don't want RL going the way of football and meaning you can't take your family to the games without fear of being assaulted. I just can't get my head around how someone does something like this and the people he's with accept it. If one of my mates assaulted someone for no reason I'd stop them, not that I'd have put up with the ridiculous animalistic displaying they do.

The incident sounds horrific but one good thing is that the area is littered with CCTV cameras, they're all over the offices, the bus station, the shopping centre, the bridge and the bank. So hopefully the fool who did this can spend some time behind bars and the w.@ nkers he was with can get a record too.

If they can identify those involved the club should make a point of banning them from matches.'"

It's the culture we live in.

Banning the drinking at games does not work, people can drink before they go in.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach455No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2023Mar 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I think if away suporters visiting our ground should come on here letting us know how they have been treated when visiting our ground, you never know a fan off here just might know the individual and help bring the culprit to justice. This incident IF wholy true seems particulary vile and they way it has been told sickens me someone must have seen what happened maybe someone off here.

I am sorry to hear what happened and if a Wigan fan can please pass on our repulsion and best wishes to to the two fans that got hurt. Although it does not help i would like to think it was someone out on the lash and not a rugby league fan.

However, i am totally naffed off at Omign calling all wire fans scum he was at it more than once last year and i could have put money on him being the individual bringing it to this forum, its almost as if he is gloating, i have just about been to all the grounds in my car, but the only ground i usually catch the coach to is Salford, i have seen various incidents there but never once called Salford fans scum it seems to be outside the ground and the area the ground is in therefore no reflection on the fans. l think this individual omigin should be banned.

Paul

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member6242No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2016Feb 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
4339.jpg
The original Rugbychick. Accept no imitations [b:3sfim16x][color=blue:3sfim16x]Find me on Twitter: @Rugbychick83[/color:3sfim16x][/b:3sfim16x] Bethany's Journey with Kabuki Syndrome: [url:3sfim16x]http://cathfozbethany.blogspot.com[/url:3sfim16x] [quote="DannyRic":3sfim16x]Possibly one of the worst CCFs in history in the making, Hudds to win by 40[/quote:3sfim16x] [color=blue:3sfim16x][b:3sfim16x][u:3sfim16x]WARRINGTON WOLVES[/u:3sfim16x] LEAGUE LEADERS 2011 CHALLENGE CUP CHAMPIONS 2009, 2010 & 2012[/b:3sfim16x][/color:3sfim16x]:4339.jpg

We seemed to have attracted a 'darker' element since before more sucessful the last couple of seasons. Anyone wanted to cause a bit of trouble only has to hang out at one of the 6 pubs within 5 minutes walking distance and are guaranteed some opposition fans to kick off on. They don't even have to go to the trouble of attending the game. Maybe when we were at Wilderspool they couldn't be bothered walking over Bridge Foot.

Over the next few seasons we want to start taking our small daughter but to be honest, this kind of thing really puts me off. We certainly wouldn't go anywhere near Central Station after a game. It should not have to be like that. Opposition fans should not have to run a gauntlet just to get home. Any fans who travel away to watch their team should be respected, after all we're all lovers of the same game. I hope whoever has done this is caught, dealt with and banned immediately from any Warrington game ever.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach538No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2012Oct 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41458_1284928521.jpg
In Football, the fans fight the fans ! In Union, the fans fight the players ! In League, the players fight the players ! Oh, and don't forget, it all depends which way your facing...:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_41458.jpg

Isn't there CCTV where this incudent took place ?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1695No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2011Sep 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
23378.jpg
:23378.jpg

Quote: Rugbychickâ„¢ "We seemed to have attracted a 'darker' element since before more sucessful the last couple of seasons. .'"

I have been coming to Wilderspool since about 1970, and there has always been trouble at Warrington !

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member2840No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2011Mar 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2538.png
[quote="Doogal McQuire.":2tzw9wtk]The perception with everyone from outside the Rugby League Community is that Wigan are still the biggest name in British rugby league. It is a hard pill to swallow but unbelievably true.[/quote:2tzw9wtk]:2538.png

Quote: KloeLovesChrisBridge "Isn't there CCTV where this incudent took place ?'"

Hi,
unfortunately i'm the one who got the smack in the nose. Not broken thank goodness but my eye is blackening and my head is pounding (thats why i'm sat on here at four in the morning!!!)

The police came straightaway as they saw the incident on the cctv but they told us they saw the bloke run off straightaway. We went in the police car to try and see but he has already gone.

To be fair he was a big bloke who had no colours on, came from under the bridge and I knew as soon as I saw him he was targetting craig (Hogan) and headbutted him, he then turned to me and smacked me clean on the nose (OUCH!!!)

I usually drive to the game so I never have the need to walk that way but apparently it was the same place there was trouble last year.

Don't like how all the wire fans are being branded and I bet he never went to the game. This wont stop me going but I do think they need a police presence near that pub just so you can get to the train station safely.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1923No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15782.jpg
:15782.jpg

If found the courts should make an example to deter all potential thugs by jailing this man.Mind you he's no man by doing this to a member of the opposite sex,not that it makes much difference whoever it it.And here's me moaning about my £35 parking fine.Get well soon from ALL decent Wire fans.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach735No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024Feb 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
24098_1261579444.jpg
Squadbuilder Member. Wembley 09 - if it never gets better than that, at least I was there.... Wembley 10 - it did........and I was there again. 2011 - SL League Leaders. 2012 - CC Winners...great day, great friends Blimey, its getting good this supporting thing (or am I a fan.....):d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_24098.jpg

I, like the vast majority of Warrington fans, are also sickened, saddened, and sorry for what happened to you.
I take my kids to the games at home, BECAUSE it is still a family game, and even last night coming out of the ground, it was Wire walking one way, Wigan walking the other - NO TROUBLE.
As highlighted in earlier posts, unfortunately, what happens well away from the ground I doubt the Club can do much about, but am sure that if we can afford to pay 'allegedly' £40k for a couple of no hopers to 'entertain' us before a game, we can afford to help the police with extra security at known trouble spots.

I hope you get better quickly, am sorry for what happened, and hope it doesn't stop ANY decent people going to games.

I also hope they catch the cowardly scumbag who did this, and he gets what he deserves - which unfortunately, knowing our so called justice system he wont, but please be assured that us decent NORMAL Wire fans do not like what has happened.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member2840No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2011Mar 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2538.png
[quote="Doogal McQuire.":2tzw9wtk]The perception with everyone from outside the Rugby League Community is that Wigan are still the biggest name in British rugby league. It is a hard pill to swallow but unbelievably true.[/quote:2tzw9wtk]:2538.png

Quote: Southstander05 "I, like the vast majority of Warrington fans, are also sickened, saddened, and sorry for what happened to you.
I take my kids to the games at home, BECAUSE it is still a family game, and even last night coming out of the ground, it was Wire walking one way, Wigan walking the other - NO TROUBLE.
As highlighted in earlier posts, unfortunately, what happens well away from the ground I doubt the Club can do much about, but am sure that if we can afford to pay 'allegedly' £40k for a couple of no hopers to 'entertain' us before a game, we can afford to help the police with extra security at known trouble spots.

I hope you get better quickly, am sorry for what happened, and hope it doesn't stop ANY decent people going to games.

I also hope they catch the cowardly scumbag who did this, and he gets what he deserves - which unfortunately, knowing our so called justice system he wont, but please be assured that us decent NORMAL Wire fans do not like what has happened.'"

thanks I'm fine now just a bruised eye.

I agree about the police. All they need to do is have a presence around the area that is a prime spot for trouble.

and as i said before i wouldnt even call him a fan and it certainly wont stop me from going - I'll just drive next time!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8214No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2014Nov 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons42da_files/5979-4369Kanaryali17-msnicons.gif
:icons42da_files/5979-4369Kanaryali17-msnicons.gif

Just been reading the comments & I am applauded by this incident. I have attended Warrington games for a good few years & 1 of the reasons I go is that it is a family game where by & laege fans can mix together in the stands.

Lets face it, the 2 sets of supporters were mixed in the West stand without trouble & it is just a mindless set of fans that bring the club & the town into disripute

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach2496
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9651_1679059327.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_9651.jpg

Quote: POSTL "I think if away suporters visiting our ground should come on here letting us know how they have been treated when visiting our ground, you never know a fan off here just might know the individual and help bring the culprit to justice. This incident IF wholy true seems particulary vile and they way it has been told sickens me someone must have seen what happened maybe someone off here.

I am sorry to hear what happened and if a Wigan fan can please pass on our repulsion and best wishes to to the two fans that got hurt. Although it does not help i would like to think it was someone out on the lash and not a rugby league fan.

However, i am totally naffed off at Omign calling all wire fans scum he was at it more than once last year and i could have put money on him being the individual bringing it to this forum, its almost as if he is gloating, i have just about been to all the grounds in my car, but the only ground i usually catch the coach to is Salford, i have seen various incidents there but never once called Salford fans scum it seems to be outside the ground and the area the ground is in therefore no reflection on the fans. l think this individual omigin should be banned.

Paul'"

A very sensible post Paul. I think its terrible about the trouble last night and I hope all the people involved are brought to justice. But Omign is a complete idiot referring to all warrington fans as scum. Pretty much the same thing happened last season on both our boards when a few lads did the congo at the back of the DW stadium a week after the semi final. We were all scum then as well ? Theres no place on rugby boards for people like Omign who purely comes on here to troll and sensationalise a small minority of fans that exist at all clubs, including Wigan. After the semi final last year I witnessed a guy get set on by 3 Wigan lads near McDonald's. Does that make all Wigan fans scum ? No it doesn't.

A larger Police presence is definately required at games against the likes of Wigan, Saints, Hull etc, especially near Central Station where there is a large cluster of pubs. Alcohol in a tense atmosphere is never a good idea but in the real world it will always be consumed, especially on evening kick offs.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach31955
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10005_1514558855.jpg
[img:3pn3rtgd]https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/v/t1.0-9/1459266_10152888309818169_8576471687088230298_n.jpg?oh=8e86c9009966b41d1dba7d8926425bd2&oe=54E9FC55&__gda__=1423730284_8e5d25e64585e5ee2afba72701ddadb6[/img:3pn3rtgd]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10005.jpg

Quote: YICKER "Hi,
unfortunately i'm the one who got the smack in the nose. Not broken thank goodness but my eye is blackening and my head is pounding (thats why i'm sat on here at four in the morning!!!)

The police came straightaway as they saw the incident on the cctv but they told us they saw the bloke run off straightaway. We went in the police car to try and see but he has already gone.

To be fair he was a big bloke who had no colours on, came from under the bridge and I knew as soon as I saw him he was targetting craig (Hogan) and headbutted him, he then turned to me and smacked me clean on the nose (OUCH!!!)

I usually drive to the game so I never have the need to walk that way but apparently it was the same place there was trouble last year.

Don't like how all the wire fans are being branded and I bet he never went to the game. This wont stop me going but I do think they need a police presence near that pub just so you can get to the train station safely.'"

Really sorry to hear what happened Dawn. If he was directly targeting Craig, then he must have known him in some capacity. Saying that though, doing something like that and running is just cowardly and scum behaviour.

I seriously hope they find out who it was and ban them for life from the club.

Hope you and Craig recover soon!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach11464No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15968.gif
:15968.gif

Quote: Fearnhead Cross "Lets face it, the 2 sets of supporters were mixed in the West stand without trouble & it is just a mindless set of fans that bring the club & the town into disripute'"

Indeed so. We were in the West and were 'enthusiastic' after a few beers (as were a lot of supporters from both clubs) but there wasn't a hint of trouble.

It looks like some of this is coming from elements outside the support base.

35 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
35 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.3203125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
6m
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
7m