JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2019Nov 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
24175_1347533405.jpg
Challenge Cup Winners 2009, 2010, 2012:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_24175.jpg

Quote: Paul Youane "Its a bigger mystery how you spend 90% of the cap and end up with a squad like that.'"

Obviously a few players being massively overpaid. You're right it's an average squad which will be lucky to finish in the top 8.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3486
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2022Apr 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
33735_1536072127.png
[color=#0000FF:11i77o0c]Follow me on Twitter @MikeyWire[/color:11i77o0c]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_33735.png

Quote: Paul T - HKR "JWP, Rovers have spent approx 90% of the cap and I would stay stum on this point because it is one of SLs mysteries how your club manages to stay within limits!

I will be over the moon if Rovers make the top 4, but I am a realist and see us finishing in the lower tier of the play-offs. We will definitely make one of the spots.

I sort of understand your comment about Liam Watts, he did go off the rails but he knows it and is back on track. He has a lot to prove and has knuckled down under Sandercock's tutelage. Yes, I am very optimistic about the coming season with the likes of Jordan Cox and another giant James Green coming thro.

You might not be surprised by this comment, but I reckon FC will struggle to make the play-offs - too many changes in the pivots and on the evidence of the derby they are a good month off the pace. Perhaps your team can exploit this in the opening fixture - fingers crossed lol!'"

icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif That old chestnut....Pint of bitter please

RankPostsTeam
International Star3061No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: JWP "A struggle.

Galea is out for a couple of months with knee trouble, Newton gone. So their backrow which I always thought was their strength is severely weaker. Throw in Vella for good measure and they look light to me in the pack. I liked Watts a year or two back but he looks to be one that's hard to handle off the field.

The backs, if you've strengthened by recruiting David Hodgson, well, you've not have you. They'll miss that Green too.

Unless the new gaffer is a genius and a genius at working with really limited resources I think they could really struggle this year, like 10th/11th.'"

weve got a few players who will suprise people this year, Paea, Mika and McDonnell look good, weve got some good young lads knocking at the door now too, Taylor and Cox will hopefully push on this year, but we could do without anymore injuries, esp to key players. I reckon well make the play offs, 7/8th like last season but thats it, IMO were still a long way off the top sides and we dont have the financial clout to compete with them, but were triers though.

as for Wire, how do you replace Matt King, hes a big loss for you guys. Morley, Hodgson and Briers are not getting any younger either, but youll defo be there or thereabouts i reckon.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach20628
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2016Aug 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
44480_1390845286.jpg
It's been fun.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_44480.jpg

Briers hasn't had any legs for god knows how many seasons, as long as he avoids injury, he can just sit in the middle of the park running things for at least another 2 years, Moz just inspires people around him to play better and puts the fear of god into people when they have the ball.
With Hodgson we have at least 3 players who can cover FB more than comfortably, Bridge, Riley and Ratchford possibly even Evans and with the kids coming through i think we'll surprise a few people in about 2014-2015.

RankPostsTeam
International Star7194
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2019Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

einstien said insanity is when a person does the same thing over and over again but expects a different result:

Quote: Horatio Yed "Briers hasn't had any legs for god knows how many seasons, as long as he avoids injury, he can just sit in the middle of the park running things for at least another 2 years, Moz just inspires people around him to play better and puts the fear of god into people when they have the ball.
With Hodgson we have at least 3 players who can cover FB more than comfortably, Bridge, Riley and Ratchford possibly even Evans and with the kids coming through i think we'll surprise a few people in about 2014-2015.'"

hodgson should have been a great signing but it hasnt turned out way i think riley better to be honest

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach23178No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2023Apr 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11426_1682401247.jpeg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_11426.jpeg

Quote: fun time frankie "hodgson should have been a great signing but it hasnt turned out way i think riley better to be honest'"

Who is your dealer?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach20628
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2016Aug 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
44480_1390845286.jpg

Quote: fun time frankie "hodgson should have been a great signing but it hasnt turned out way i think riley better to be honest'"

icon_lol.gif
I'll reply seriously when i stop laughing

RankPostsTeam
International Star7194
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2019Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

einstien said insanity is when a person does the same thing over and over again but expects a different result:

Quote: Horatio Yed "
are you lot for real hodgson has been injured and when ive seen him play hes been rubbish i like the way youve all been very patronising about our team like we care what you lot think you reached your peak last season its downhill from now on

RankPostsTeam
International Star3061No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Im gonna say Rovers to finish 7th and Wire 2nd. And you'll probably make the cc final too.

RankPostsTeam
International Star7194
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2019Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: bishops finger "Im gonna say Rovers to finish 7th and Wire 2nd. And you'll probably make the cc final too.'"

i think they will finish above us but i still think they peaked last year when they seemed to be miles ahead of eveybody even though they only won the shield

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach20628
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2016Aug 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
44480_1390845286.jpg

Quote: fun time frankie "are you lot for real hodgson has been injured '"

24 appearances out 27 in SL plus an extra 2 in the playoffs
1 appearance in 3 in the CC

So all in all missed 5 games, played 27 out of 32.

Quote: fun time frankie "and when ive seen him play hes been rubbish '"

Leading points scorer 2011.
Selected for Exiles squad.

Quote: fun time frankie " i like the way youve all been very patronising about our team like we care what you lot think you reached your peak last season its downhill from now on'"

You care so little you felt the need to comment

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1853No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2024Jan 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Mark "Quite a few changes at HKR. Still a lack of british talent, which is something you'd think they'd have sorted by now. Probably hanging around th 8th spot for me. Will spring the odd surprise. Gald we've extended the stadium, mean's more of their millions of fans can get to watch them away.

Hull K.R.
1-Shannon McDonnell
2-Craig Hall
3-Kris Welham
4-Jake Webster
5-David Hodgson
6-Blake Green
7-Michael Dobson
8-Joel Clinton
9-Josh Hodgson
10-Scott Taylor
11-Constantine Mika
12-Ben Galea
13-Rhys Lovegrove
14-Lincoln Withers
15-Liam Watts
16-Jason Netherton
17-Ryan O'Hara
18-Graeme Horne
19-Scott Murrell
20-Jordan Cox
21-Sam Latus
22-Scott Wheeldon
23-Mickey Paea
24-Richard Beaumont
25-Keal Carlile
26-George Griffin
27-Louis Sheriff
28-Dave Petersen
29-Liam Salter
30-Aaron Ollett
31-Nick Johnson
32-Chris Heil
33-James Green'"

Well i've been watching Rl and in particular Hull kr for long enough (approx 44 years) to realise a potentialy good side when i see one.
The pack is actualy one of the biggest i can remember us having for many a year and includes one or two Hull born lads in the Forwards (Taylor, Cox and Green), in fact i will tip Taylor in particular to make the England squad within the next couple of years allowing for any bad injury of course.
The loss of Blake Green is a big one as is with any good halfback in any team but, we have very cabable cover in Craig Hall who has looked very good in pre season friendlies, add in the signings of Con Mika, Micky Paea who is a big unit and already nicknamed the Beast from the East in this part of Hull, plus Shannon Mcdonall, (fullback) who could be one of the finds of the season imo and you have what i consider a good side in the making.
However, if you think we will struggle then fair enough, you are entitled to your opinion, but i for one dont mind Hull Kr been under the radar if it means other teams are of the same opinion as some of you and decide take us lightly.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5110No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

ABW.:

Your three Hull born lads will be up against it and will probably play very little first team rugby due to your 11 non English qualified players. Taylor may well play for England, but he will probably have to move away from HKR to do it.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1853No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2024Jan 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Teessidewire "Your three Hull born lads will be up against it and will probably play very little first team rugby due to your 11 non English qualified players. Taylor may well play for England, but he will probably have to move away from HKR to do it.'"

Sorry, but you are very wrong on both counts, Taylor has already established himself in the first team after making a few appearnces last year and big things are expected of him this season.
With regards to players having to move away to gain international honours, we already have Welham and Watts playing for the Knights, the latter of the two is considerd to be on the verge of a full international call up this year after progressing very well last season and looking to improve even further this one.
Its also worth mentioning that Hull Kr are putting a great deal of emphasis on the youth set up at the club hence the fact that they have just sent their youth team out to Australia for nineteen days to gain valuable experience from some of the best in the business, hullkr.co.uk/trip-of-a-lifetime- ... gsters-804.
We may have a number of overseas players at tha club at the moment but the younger ones are already benifiting from training and playing alongside the likes of Dobson Blake Green and Joel clinton but to name a few, if you want to be the best, then it helps if you learn from the some of best.
Quote: Teessidewire "Your three Hull born lads will be up against it and will probably play very little first team rugby due to your 11 non English qualified players. Taylor may well play for England, but he will probably have to move away from HKR to do it.'"

Sorry, but you are very wrong on both counts, Taylor has already established himself in the first team after making a few appearnces last year and big things are expected of him this season.
With regards to players having to move away to gain international honours, we already have Welham and Watts playing for the Knights, the latter of the two is considerd to be on the verge of a full international call up this year after progressing very well last season and looking to improve even further this one.
Its also worth mentioning that Hull Kr are putting a great deal of emphasis on the youth set up at the club hence the fact that they have just sent their youth team out to Australia for nineteen days to gain valuable experience from some of the best in the business, hullkr.co.uk/trip-of-a-lifetime- ... gsters-804.
We may have a number of overseas players at tha club at the moment but the younger ones are already benifiting from training and playing alongside the likes of Dobson Blake Green and Joel clinton but to name a few, if you want to be the best, then it helps if you learn from the some of best.

RankPostsTeam
International Star7194
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2019Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

i count 18 hull born lads in the squad and at least half of them will be first team regs PS good luck with your dads army time is running out

56 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
56 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.30810546875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Shareholders Meeting
Scarlet Pimp
Recent
Bulls Accounts up to Nov 2023
Blotto
FORUM