FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Warrington Wolves > Should Simon Moran Sell Up ?
37 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
RankPostsTeam
Moderator4650No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

He owns the club and must have put millions into it over the past few years, but is it time for him to call it a day ?

He has not won a GF yet and clearly many fans are not happy with the current situation, so perhaps he should call it a day and sell up. All owners move on at some point and although he has been very good at re-building a club in a 'poor state of repair' a few years back, all that money has not bought success.

Unless the club attracted another wealthy backer it would mean we wouldn't be able to buy as many players as we have in the past, and of course the club has debts (borrowings) of around £1.8 million (I think) which will need to be paid off, but perhaps the supporters could take a share in the club (£1,000 / supporter ?) which would give us a much bigger say in how it is all run and a seat on the Board.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13747
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
26249_1542017975.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_26249.jpg

Whilst his generosity is not in doubt, this is the trouble of all clubs with a wealthy benefactor. They are effectively at their whim. He has paid for that privilege.

Seeing the disagreement on here this season I don't know if fans representation on the board would be helpful. We would end up with someone like the Official Fan Club Nigel. Fast forward 20 years and you would find us playing Hemel Stags on Padgate Rec with Tony watching on from his mobility scooter.

RankPostsTeam
International Star10474
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I wish they would come out and acknowledge somethimg is very wrong, im sick of the continued thankyou for your support (insert smiley face) travel home safely. We know and they know this is unacceptable to the MAJORITY of us.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach434
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
24554.jpg
The Wire - It's Time To Believe When things go wrong, as they sometimes will. When the road you're trudging seems all up hill, When the funds are low, and the debts are high, And you want to smile, but you have to sigh, When care is pressing you down a bit, Rest if you must, but don't you quit. Life is queer with the twists and turns, AS everyone of us sometimes learns, And many a failure turns about, When he might have won had he stuck it out: Don't give up through the pace seems slow. You may succeed with another blow. Success is failure turned inside out, The silver tint of the clouds of doubt, And you never can tell how close you are, It may be near when it seems so far; So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit, It's when things seem worse, that you must not quit. NOW THE WIRE!:24554.jpg

No definitely not. He is first and foremost a long-time supporter of the club before he invested, this club IS important to him.

The problem for me is complacency.

Before smith took over its was a club of mates Cullen was far too close to the players under him at the time which off course made it difficult for him
To drop anyone no matter how bad they played, this stood out a mile when Mr Smith took over. It was obviously a case of; I don’t care who you are or how good you think you are,
If you don’t put the effort in and earn your corn you are dropped or in some cases out.

I now think we have reached that stage again, Tony for me has become too close to the players, if this club has learnt anything it should be Keep it fresh that’s from the top down to the bottom.
For me Simon should certainly stay BUT should do what all good bosses should do and that’s have the balls to wheeled the Axe where needed, that is now.
The circle should now start again with someone new over the players with no elegance, and start with I DON’T CARE HOW GOOD YOU THINK YOU ARE !!!!

Jack.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member353No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

No he shouldn't.

I'm not close to the club so others on here may well be able to comment but my perception is that Simon has taken more of a back seat and Stuart Middleton is taking more a role in the running of the club. Roger's departure I've always felt was odd (sudden) and suspect he and Stuart had different visions of the way forward.

This is pure conjecture on my part - trying to put two and two together - I might be coming up with 10 but interested on other people's thoughts / knowledge on this subject.

My own feeling is we need Simon to take more of role not less based on recent events.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain247
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 20168 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
75301_1581866490.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_75301.jpg

The club needs some stability, so no, Simon Moran should not sell. We don't know if we will still be in the top flight next season, many players are off contract and perhaps even more will want away if we drop down; the coaching staff needs an overhaul and to be honest, from the outside, the whole club needs a good shake up. To do all that and for the man who supports the club emotionally and financially would be a disaster. How many supporters would be prepared to invest £1000 only for one of them to be on the board. And believe me, the last thing you want to do is to be on the board of a RL club, especially one that is struggling. So, Simon, please keep supporting the Wire but please use some of your business acumen and sort out this dis functional club.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach17092
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
38352_1407962301.jpg
Packs Win Games Great Packs Make All Backs Look Class #onceawirealwaysawire:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_38352.jpg

Whaaaaaaaaaat!!!!!

RankPostsTeam
Moderator4650No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Wolf Hall "The club needs some stability, so no, Simon Moran should not sell. We don't know if we will still be in the top flight next season, many players are off contract and perhaps even more will want away if we drop down; the coaching staff needs an overhaul and to be honest, from the outside, the whole club needs a good shake up. To do all that and for the man who supports the club emotionally and financially would be a disaster. How many supporters would be prepared to invest £1000 only for one of them to be on the board. And believe me, the last thing you want to do is to be on the board of a RL club, especially one that is struggling. So, Simon, please keep supporting the Wire but please use some of your business acumen and sort out this dis functional club.'"

I understand what you are saying, but simply because he owns the club (and admittedly puts £millions into it), shouldn't we as fans also decide when the coach should leave ? It's tough being a supporter atm, in fact I think a lot of posters on this board have given up and gone away. Surely supporters shouldn't have their weekend enjoyment ruined by a team that is continually plumbing the depths. We have the expectation that the team should be top 4 and playing attractive rugby at the very least.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain247
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 20168 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
75301_1581866490.jpg

Quote: Winslade's Offload "I understand what you are saying, but simply because he owns the club (and admittedly puts £millions into it), shouldn't we as fans also decide when the coach should leave ? It's tough being a supporter atm, in fact I think a lot of posters on this board have given up and gone away. Surely supporters shouldn't have their weekend enjoyment ruined by a team that is continually plumbing the depths. We have the expectation that the team should be top 4 and playing attractive rugby at the very least.'"

Agreed, watching Warrington recently has been thin gruel, disappointing, frustrating and begs the question why do we do it. However, for every supporter you will get a different reason why we are doing badly, just read this forum. There are even less positive contributions as to what should be done to improve the situation. Fans by and large do not know enough about what is really going on in a club and all the various conflicting essential things which need attention. Perhaps they should but that is another story. The directors have the responsibility to deliver a successful team, it is in their interest but it is the responsibility of fans to let the directors know whether they are satisfied or not with the club's performance. So how many who criticise the club on here actually make their views known to the directors? Few I would imagine.

CW8
RankPostsTeam
International Star3944
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I don't want Simon Moran to sell the club, he is a fan first and foremost and what he has done for the club has been absolutely massive.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain479
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 20177 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Dec 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
75828_1489396305.jpg
Sponsoring Fitzpatrick's Coffee run since 2017...I used to post a lot, then I didn't:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_75828.jpg

Why would he sell up? Does he need the money? I doubt it.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain67
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20168 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2018Jul 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Crazy talk, he’s local, a lifelong fan of the club and a brilliant businessman.

Read Stuart MaConies book, The Pie at Night. It has a great bit in it about attending a Wire game, with Simon Moran, they watch the game in the south stand eating pies.

Every sports team in the world would love a Simon Moran. He can’t guarantee success, but he’s one of us.

Hope he never sells up.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13747
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
26249_1542017975.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_26249.jpg

Quote: Wolf Hall "Agreed, watching Warrington recently has been thin gruel, disappointing, frustrating and begs the question why do we do it. However, for every supporter you will get a different reason why we are doing badly, just read this forum. There are even less positive contributions as to what should be done to improve the situation. Fans by and large do not know enough about what is really going on in a club and all the various conflicting essential things which need attention. Perhaps they should but that is another story. The directors have the responsibility to deliver a successful team, it is in their interest but it is the responsibility of fans to let the directors know whether they are satisfied or not with the club's performance. So how many who criticise the club on here actually make their views known to the directors? Few I would imagine.'"

Hang on.

1) Positive contributions to improve situation.
Plenty of comments on here about replacing the coaching set up with candidates named. Plenty of suggestions about playing players in natural positions and playing the younger players. Plenty of suggestions about dropping non performing players. Plenty of suggestions as to which players we could target for recruitment.

2) Making views known to directors.
The fans forum has been abolished - by the club. The official fan club has been abolished - by the club. There is no contact link here https://warringtonwolves.com/club-info/ ... directors/. There is no channel other than Facebook and twitter which are full of feedback I can tell you. Seriously the only time the club contacts the fans is when they want them to buy something and I think they have a robot that posts "Bad news about the result, travel safely" on the FB feed.
Quote: Wolf Hall "Agreed, watching Warrington recently has been thin gruel, disappointing, frustrating and begs the question why do we do it. However, for every supporter you will get a different reason why we are doing badly, just read this forum. There are even less positive contributions as to what should be done to improve the situation. Fans by and large do not know enough about what is really going on in a club and all the various conflicting essential things which need attention. Perhaps they should but that is another story. The directors have the responsibility to deliver a successful team, it is in their interest but it is the responsibility of fans to let the directors know whether they are satisfied or not with the club's performance. So how many who criticise the club on here actually make their views known to the directors? Few I would imagine.'"

Hang on.

Plenty of comments on here about replacing the coaching set up with candidates named. Plenty of suggestions about playing players in natural positions and playing the younger players. Plenty of suggestions about dropping non performing players. Plenty of suggestions as to which players we could target for recruitment.

The fans forum has been abolished - by the club. The official fan club has been abolished - by the club. There is no contact link here https://warringtonwolves.com/club-info/ ... directors/. There is no channel other than Facebook and twitter which are full of feedback I can tell you. Seriously the only time the club contacts the fans is when they want them to buy something and I think they have a robot that posts "Bad news about the result, travel safely" on the FB feed.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain247
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 20168 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
75301_1581866490.jpg

Quote: Wires71 "Hang on.

The fans forum has been abolished - by the club. The official fan club has been abolished - by the club. There is no contact link here
Why don't you and some of the others on here you say make positive suggestions write to Simon Moran and the other directors and ask for a meeting so you could share your ideas as to how you could improve the club's playing fortunes? Writing on a RL Forum is unlikely to get a response from the club, just other like minded fans.
The rest of us would be interested to find out how you get on.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain247
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 20168 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
75301_1581866490.jpg

Quote: Wires71 "Hang on.

The fans forum has been abolished - by the club. The official fan club has been abolished - by the club. There is no contact link here
Why don't you and some of the others on here you say make positive suggestions write to Simon Moran and the other directors and ask for a meeting so you could share your ideas as to how you could improve the club's playing fortunes? Writing on a RL Forum is unlikely to get a response from the club, just other like minded fans.
The rest of us would be interested to find out how you get on.

37 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
37 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.00634765625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
TV Games - Not Hull
boardwalkemp
3m
Round 16 London Home
KaeruJim
10m