Jun 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2015Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45735_1315755218.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_45735.jpg

cant help but notice how the RFL always seem to just mix fans together and tonight, seeing fights inside the ground to the left, right and above me between fans, makes you think they should do a little more to split up the fans, at a big final youll always have people who have too much to drink and act like idiots and something needs to be done from stopping this in the stands. anyone else catch these little scrapes?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2900No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2022Nov 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46584_1279360105.jpg
Warrington RLFC: The Wire, NOT Warrington Wolves FORZA WIRE:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_46584.jpg

Yes, and although people will say "Well you would say that" because adults in fancy dress or OTT colours are well known to be a pet hate of mine, in my experience at Wembley and tonight they were the worst for it.

Coming out of our end at Wembley I witnessed Wire on Wire aggro where the main culprits were grown men in face paint.

Tonight I saw a man in a Wolfie costume boo throughout the minute's applause for two innocent dead girls, then him and his jester hatted mate had bother with Leeds and Widnes fans at half time resulting in a domestic with the wolf's girlfriend, a moody second half, then confrontation with other Wire fans as they left with five minutes to go.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4190No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2018Jan 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

[quote="Eddie Hemmings said not ":1h9um51j] "Remember last time they were here, the Huddersfield Giants, they lost to a Luke Walsh drop goal. He's only scored four drop goals in his St Helens career has Luke Walsh and each and every one of them have been scored by Luke Walsh"[/quote:1h9um51j]:

I've often read about 'unsavoury incidents' at games, usually on RL fans. Maybe I have been lucky in that I have not seen much myself, but tonight I witnessed just how badly some fans (Wire, Leeds and, in my experience tonight, mostly neutral) can behave, and I would say that 99% of these incidents are alcohol fueled. I'm sure I read earlier this week that you risked being refused entry if you were drunk - what crap. The guys who completely ruined my evening (no, not Silverwood or the Leeds players) were absolutely poopfaced, and I'm sure they didn't get into that state after they got into the ground. And did the fact that they were out of control drunk stop them buying more ale in the ground - nope.

Before our semi v Saints I was considering taking my 72 year old dad, and 7 year old son to tonights game if we won, but fortunately circumstances mean't that was not possible. Had my dad and/or my son been with me tonight I would have left well before half time. Supposedly a family sport, based on my experience tonight at the premier event what garbage.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5799No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2015May 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
23564_1342783768.png
[b][color=#0000BF]SUPPORT • SPONSOR • PLAY • JOIN A MIDLANDS RUGBY LEAGUE SUCCESS STORY //www.coventrybears.co.uk[/color][/b]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_23564.png

I was sat in the 2nd tier of the North Stand for the Grand Final. I couldn't help but notice the vast amount of police in the Warrington end compared to the Leeds end. What was the reason for this? I noticed on a couple of occasions police were required in the Wire end, but there was also a number of Leeds fans located in the Warrington end, so did this conflict between fans cause them to be thrown out?

Would hate to see the Grand Final be split into a segregation of fans, but this is how I see it panning out in the future.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1278No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2013Jul 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
23138_1331550009.png
New Years Resolution To Stop Swearing 1st January FCUKing failed:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_23138.png

I've been to most of the Grand Finals and I missed this one, however I have never seen any trouble at any of them. I think it has something to do with Wolfs fans as it is your first GF.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2079No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
64184_1321217004.jpg
[u:uqsh9cjt][b:uqsh9cjt][color=#0000FF:uqsh9cjt]Its ALWAYS our year[/color:uqsh9cjt][/b:uqsh9cjt][/u:uqsh9cjt] [color=#000000:uqsh9cjt]E[/color:uqsh9cjt][color=#FF0000:uqsh9cjt]s[/color:uqsh9cjt][color=#000000:uqsh9cjt]t[/color:uqsh9cjt].[color=#FF0000:uqsh9cjt]1[/color:uqsh9cjt][color=#000000:uqsh9cjt]8[/color:uqsh9cjt][color=#FF0000:uqsh9cjt]7[/color:uqsh9cjt][color=#000000:uqsh9cjt]6[/color:uqsh9cjt] [color=#0000FF:uqsh9cjt]Sent to me from heaven... You are my world.[/color:uqsh9cjt] 1876 - 2022 BUM BANGERS SINCE 2012:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_64184.jpg

I was in the NW corner and I noticed numerous numpties. When it comes to finals you are always going to get blokes who have never really been to a RL match or even take an interest in it. But as its the final the 'glory fans' turn up.

I have no problem with this. I just think sometimes people turn up get leathered and think its a football match where abuse hurled to other supporters is acceptable.

To have a bit of a rant, walking back from OT the were a few idiot Leeds fans.. running up and screaming in our faces etc. I don't mind banter between fans but these were idiots who were clearly out to purposely wind Wire fans up.

Other than that, the whole GF experience was amazing, being in Manchester from 12pm and spending the whole day soaking up the atmosphere and just generally feeling the OT ambiance, it was worth the next 'X' amount of finals we get to. That day will be with me till the day I die.

I loved it.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5799No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2015May 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
23564_1342783768.png
[b][color=#0000BF]SUPPORT • SPONSOR • PLAY • JOIN A MIDLANDS RUGBY LEAGUE SUCCESS STORY //www.coventrybears.co.uk[/color][/b]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_23564.png

Quote: moving on... "I was in the NW corner and I noticed numerous numpties. When it comes to finals you are always going to get blokes who have never really been to a RL match or even take an interest in it. But as its the final the 'glory fans' turn up.

I have no problem with this. I just think sometimes people turn up get leathered and think its a football match where abuse hurled to other supporters is acceptable.

To have a bit of a rant, walking back from OT the were a few idiot Leeds fans.. running up and screaming in our faces etc. I don't mind banter between fans but these were idiots who were clearly out to purposely wind Wire fans up.

Other than that, the whole GF experience was amazing, being in Manchester from 12pm and spending the whole day soaking up the atmosphere and just generally feeling the OT ambiance, it was worth the next 'X' amount of finals we get to. That day will be with me till the day I die.

I loved it.'"

I agree I do think the alcohol plays a huge part in the majority of incidents throughout the stadium, but to have a handful of incidents during a game between 70000 is manageable. I think its also a good idea to not allow alcohol to your seats as it would only make matters worse!

The GF experience is amazing! I've been going to GF's since 1996 and it is an awesome spectacle regardless of who is playing, the atmosphere is great and its always going to be an high intensity game! I thoroughly enjoyed today's game and it is definitely up there with one of my top GF's!

RankPostsTeam
International Star2866
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2019Nov 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Mummy duck is now thoroughly depressed. SHE was the one that was famous for losing five in a row........until the 2011 GF!!!!!:

Quote: Coventry Bears "I was sat in the 2nd tier of the North Stand for the Grand Final. I couldn't help but notice the vast amount of police in the Warrington end compared to the Leeds end. What was the reason for this? I noticed on a couple of occasions police were required in the Wire end, but there was also a number of Leeds fans located in the Warrington end, so did this conflict between fans cause them to be thrown out?

Would hate to see the Grand Final be split into a segregation of fans, but this is how I see it panning out in the future.'"

I was sat in the west around where the police officers were "based". I saw 3 lots of trouble:-
1) was when a group of Leeds fans were zealously celebrating a Leeds try but then 1 or 2 decided to get all "in your face" with the Wolves fans next to them.
2) was a group of fans (I assuming supporting Leeds) who were giving it some chanting but then took offence when the chanting came back at them
3) A group of lads from Widnes who I overheard claim "they had come to support Leeds and wind up the Warrington fans". I was told that one of this group had actually threatened to push a Wolves fan over the rail at the front.

So I could say that these incidents were as a result of mixed fans BUT I also saw incidents of police officers and stewards speaking to individual fans (who did appear to be Wolves fans only) and therefore the only common factor is now.........................alcohol.

Its the same thing we saw at Wembley, once you are in the ground normal licencing rules dont apply. If you are sober enough to open your wallet, your sober enough to have another drink.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2900No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2022Nov 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46584_1279360105.jpg
Warrington RLFC: The Wire, NOT Warrington Wolves FORZA WIRE:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_46584.jpg

To be perfectly honest I think there should be segregation, and the only reason why there isn't is because neutrals are relied upon to fill the ground at both major finals because no two sets of RL club's fans could sell 70,000 seats between them with no outside help.

In my view there was far too many Leeds fans in our end, as well as a large number of Widnes fans altogether who were mostly supporting Leeds. Now I know some people will say they enjoy "banter" (I hate that word!) with other team's fans, and fair enough, but that is not to everyone's tastes - especially at emotive times. When you have the gut wrenching feeling of defeat in a match you're so desperate to win, is it really so hard for some of you to accept that not everyone will appreciate being surrounded by celebrating opponents, or, even worse, supporters of a rival club who aren't even playing and whose fans are clearly just revelling in your defeat?

In my opinion the RFL website and phone lines should only sell tickets along the sides and there should be approximately 20,000 tickets at each end of both Wembley and Old Trafford that are held back and ONLY sold by the competing clubs. These should be complete ends, with not one single seat allocated via any other method. No tickets sold online before the competing clubs are known on these areas, no freebies given away, no competition seats, nothing. All of the above should be along the sides and sold as they are now so people who want to go every year or want to mix with other fans can do so as normal knowing that will be in "neutral" territory. People who only want to go if their team is there and who want to be in their own fans end can then buy from their club safe in the knowledge that they won't find rival fans all around them when they get in the ground.

The only downside to this is neutrals will feel hard done to as many will buy in the corners or behind the sticks because those tickets are cheaper, but it's the only sensible solution I can think of. If that's the case they should have to wait for the competing clubs to be known, decide which one they want to win, and buy tickets from them. I'm sure that block of Widnes fans in the South West corner would have had no problem at all in the Leeds end last night, but they were a red rag to a bull in the eyes of many wounded Wires. Leeds fans should simply have been at the other end and that's all there is to it.

RankPostsTeam
International Star102No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2013Jul 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I am shocked to say, I agree with Dropkick Murphy. As at Wembley, we were surrounded by bloody Leeds fans, even though I had specifically told the bloke from the RFL that I wanted to be in with only Warrington fans. Not that I saw much of the game; apologies to the people on the end of our row for my 3 kids playing toilet relay.
I feel inhibited from my own celebrations as well as resentful of theirs when sitting with opposition fans.
On our way out, my little girl was telling me about naughty men punching each other. Family sport, not so much last night. I probably wouldn't take the girls to GF again.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1236No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2017May 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
16712.jpg
:16712.jpg

Quote: fatbaztod100 "I've been to most of the Grand Finals and I missed this one, however I have never seen any trouble at any of them. I think it has something to do with Wolfs fans as it is your first GF.'"

Funny after the last few grand finals, same sort of threads come out. As you say the Wolfs haven't been been before. Go figure icon_rolleyes.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3486
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2022Apr 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
33735_1536072127.png
[color=#0000FF:11i77o0c]Follow me on Twitter @MikeyWire[/color:11i77o0c]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_33735.png

Quote: fatbaztod100 "I've been to most of the Grand Finals and I missed this one, however I have never seen any trouble at any of them. I think it has something to do with Wolfs fans as it is your first GF.'"

I believe it was of because of excess trouble at a Leeds v Saints final a few years ago that they banned taking beer to your seat...Now troll off...

The 6pm kick off time does this event no favours at all...I along with many others can have a day out and drink responsibly sadly there are too many that can't... I think segregation really needs to be looked at... As i've said on another thread i saw nothing in the ground however Sam Platts bar pre match was awful...

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach530No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2015Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45735_1315755218.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_45735.jpg

what dropkick murphy said is exactly right, all tickets behind each goal should be sold to supporters of finalists, and neutrals can buy tickets down either side of the ground, there will always be fans from the final down the side as they want better seats so pay more, so for the neutrals who want to chat to fans of finalists (like wire fans at there first gf) they can do so.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1114No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2015Aug 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Salary cap - you're havin a laugh.:

It's been a bellends day out for a few years now whoever has been in the final.

RankPostsTeam
International Star190No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2013Jan 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
65180_1349786223.jpg
follow me on twitter @chrissyg1996 my youtube channel - chrissygordon96 loads of videos of the best fans in the world!!! TONY SMITHS BARMY ARMY!:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_65180.jpg

imo fans that buy tickets before there team has got to the grand final should only be allowed to buy them on the sides, the seats behind the sticks should only be given to the teams that get there and no-one else, all the fights i seen were behind the sticks and included other fans starting with our fans, if all nutral fans were on the sides and the teams fans were behind the sticks that would stop crowd trouble in the ground.

24 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
24 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

4.48583984375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
TV Games - Not Hull
boardwalkemp
5m
Other Championship Clubs
REDWHITEANDB
13m
Planning for next season
LeythIg
30m
Batley Bulldogs H
Trojan Horse
35m
Salford - Away
The games af
Recent
Leeds
the-bearded-
Recent
WHO IS NEXT
ArthurClues
Recent
Wigan v Sts discussion - THIS THREAD ONLY PLEASE
The Yellow G
Recent
Accountability
Gazzagiant2
Recent
Round 16 London Home
chapylad
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Prettys Girls in your city for night
jackmac452
57s
Tonights game v Giants
karetaker
1m
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
KaeruJim
1m
TV games not Wire
karetaker
1m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
1m
2025 Recruitment
herr rigsby
1m
Salford - Away
The games af
1m
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
Trebor1
2m
Olly Russell 4 year deal
newgroundb4w
2m
WHO IS NEXT
ArthurClues
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Accountability
Gazzagiant2
TODAY
email
orangeman
TODAY
This site is crap
tad rhino
TODAY
Lucky Leeds Golden Point Win Over the Broncos
RLFANS News
TODAY
Prettys Girls in your city for night
jackmac452
TODAY
Vegas Baby
Jason65
TODAY
Wigan Beat Leigh in Derby Thriller
RLFANS News
TODAY
Reserves
BigTime
TODAY
Tonights game v Giants
karetaker
TODAY
Free parking
Philth
TODAY
Salford Away Travel Information
LancashireRe
TODAY
Batley next
Start@1873
TODAY
Round 16 London Home
chapylad
TODAY
Leeds
the-bearded-
TODAY
Injuries and available cover
walter wall
TODAY
Problems with this Site continued
karetaker
TODAY
3 clubs apply to join League 1
Huddersfield
TODAY
Sadly one less Bronco
nkpom
TODAY
Fan Village
[Gareth]
TODAY
The Seagulls v The Panthers
terry silver
TODAY
Las Vegas 2025 English ladies involved
Huddersfield
TODAY
New halfback signing
Pyrah123
TODAY
Batley Bulldogs H
Trojan Horse
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Cokey
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Lucky Leeds Golden Point Win O..
Wigan Beat Leigh in Derby Thri..
Wakefield Trinity Register Thi..
Englands Youngsters Beat Franc..
Big Win for England Women Over..
2024 State of Origin - Game 2 ..
New Structure for 2025 Challen..
Super League form rewarded as ..
Superb Salford Complete Histor..
Catalans Dragons Survive Secon..
Warrington Wolves Snatch Late ..
Spirit of Rob Burrow Inspires ..
Hull KR Drop Goal Secures Win ..
St Helens Break Fifty As They ..
Leigh Leopards Resurgence Clai..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.6M +13,214 80,08514,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     National Rugby League 2024-R18
 FT
Hover 
Canterbury
13-12
NZ Warriors
 FT
Hover 
Wests
28-40
Melbourne
 FT
Hover 
NQL Cowboys
20-22
Manly
     Womens Super League 2024-R7
 FT 
LeedsW
6-16
St.HelensW
 FT 
FeatherstoneW
0-50
WiganW
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R16
 FT 
Leeds
17-16
LondonB
       Championship 2024-R14
17:00
Toulouse
v
Bradford
17:30
Hull KR
v
Catalans
 TOMORROW
     National Rugby League 2024-R18
05:00
Sydney
v
St.George
07:05
Canberra
v
Newcastle
     Womens Super League 2024-R7
12:00
Wire W
v
Hudds W
12:00
York V
v
BarrowW
       League One 2024-R14
14:00
Newcastle
v
Workington
14:30
Crusaders
v
Midlands
15:00
Salford
v
Hull FC
       Championship 2024-R14
Dewsbury
v
Doncaster
Featherstone
v
Whitehaven
Swinton
v
Widnes
Wakefield
v
Batley
York
v
Barrow
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Sat 6th Jul
SL
Hull KR-Catalans
SL
Leeds17-16LondonB
Sun 7th Jul
SL
Salford-Hull FC
Fri 12th Jul
SL
20:00
LondonB-Castleford
SL
Warrington-Leeds
SL
Warrington-St.Helens
Sat 13th Jul
SL
Hull FC-Hull KR
SL
00:00
Leigh-Huddersfield
SL
Catalans-Salford
Wed 17th Jul
SOO
11:05
Queensland-New South Wales
Sat 17th Aug
SL
18:00
Warrington-Leeds
SL
15:30
Wigan-St.Helens
SL
13:00
Hull FC-LondonB
Sun 18th Aug
SL
13:00
Leigh-Salford
SL
15:30
Catalans-Hull KR
SL
18:00
Huddersfield-Castleford
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 6th Jul
NRL
LIVE
Canterbury13-12NZ Warriors
NRL
LIVE
Wests28-40Melbourne
NRL
LIVE
NQL Cowboys20-22Manly
SL
LIVE
Leeds17-16LondonB
WSL2024
LIVE
LeedsW6-16St.HelensW
WSL2024
LIVE
FeatherstoneW0-50WiganW
Fri 5th Jul
NRL 18 Cronulla16-20Gold Coast
NRL 18 Brisbane6-14Penrith
SL 16 St.Helens6-8Castleford
SL 16 Warrington48-0Huddersfield
SL 16 Wigan24-6Leigh
CH 14 Sheffield28-0Halifax
Thu 4th Jul
NRL 18 Parramatta16-32Souths
Sun 30th Jun
CH 13 Barrow0-36Wakefield
CH 13 Dewsbury12-38Bradford
CH 13 Halifax38-18Whitehaven
CH 13 Widnes16-24Batley
CH 13 York10-18Sheffield
L1 13 Cornwall10-16Crusaders
L1 13 Newcastle10-44Midlands
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 15 427 170 257 26
St.Helens 16 429 170 259 22
Warrington 16 406 213 193 22
Hull KR 15 383 201 182 22
Salford 15 295 288 7 20
Catalans 15 288 220 68 18

Leeds 16 291 286 5 18
Huddersfield 16 298 365 -67 12
Leigh 15 270 250 20 11
Castleford 16 246 435 -189 9
Hull FC 15 198 474 -276 4
LondonB 16 156 615 -459 2
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 13 486 142 344 26
Sheffield 14 382 217 165 22
Bradford 13 341 218 123 18
Toulouse 12 332 174 158 16
Widnes 13 315 245 70 15
Featherstone 13 330 283 47 12

Batley 13 205 286 -81 12
Doncaster 13 237 325 -88 11
York 14 285 293 -8 10
Whitehaven 13 266 358 -92 10