JoinedServiceReputation
May 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2023Jan 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Don't mess about just tell Doro and Latu or Johnson they are playing rest of season, that way they can focus on what is coming up not on will I won't I play. I have not included Robson because no matter how well he plays he is off season end so we need to work on who will be here next season.

CW8
RankPostsTeam
International Star3944
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: morrisseyisawire "This may be true but the problem is, without dual-reg or reserve footy how are the likes of Johnson, Kibula and Doro going to kick on and improve? The only exposure they are going to get is via the subs bench.

The Leeds game was a golden opportunity to give Doro, Kibula, Thewlis, Dean etc. some game time but instead we got Akuola getting banned, Patton throwing the ball to nobody in particular and J Clark making less headway than a pork pie salesman in a synagogue.'"

It's a very good question MIAW, I agree regarding the Leeds game. Thewlis and Dean should have played for me too, maybe doro. Thing is I don't think thewlis or Dean significantly weaken us but I think kibula definitely does and I'm sort of torn on whether doro does too. Johnson got a bit of game time and went OK again. He's the most ready from them and deserved the spot more than the other 2.

Someone also mentioned not playing Robson because he is off and I do kind of agree there too, longstaff has done really well when he has played and was unlucky to miss out against Leeds. Longstaff has done more to earn another place in the team than doro and a lot more than kibula. Overall I personally think the first team has to be run on a system of merit rather than giving lads a game because there isn't a reserve grade and there I suppose is the reason that Robson played against Leeds and didn't miss out.

Akuola is a very frustrating player if he could play with his maximum intensity for 40 minutes rather than 4 and then keep his discipline then he would be a good prop to have in the squad. Unfortunately those are both massive ifs.

RankPostsTeam
International Star7987No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
49863_1309431041.jpg
Neither glass half full or empty. Just a realist.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_49863.jpg

Quote: morrisseyisawire "This may be true but the problem is, without dual-reg or reserve footy how are the likes of Johnson, Kibula and Doro going to kick on and improve? The only exposure they are going to get is via the subs bench.

The Leeds game was a golden opportunity to give Doro, Kibula, Thewlis, Dean etc. some game time but instead we got Akuola getting banned, Patton throwing the ball to nobody in particular and J Clark making less headway than a pork pie salesman in a synagogue.'"

For the last paragraph alone, the post of the day.
Doro, Thewlis and Dean must be so frustrated. If Price stays beyond November, they might as well chuck in a transfer request, as they're going nowhere, here.
As for Jason Clark, Price is justifying his overseas spot by playing him.
Mr Beige

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2178No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I don't think Johnson will be here after next year to be honest, 3rd season with us and very very little progression. But he's not had much game time and with the reserves not happening and dual reg off he's not had much chance. I agree i think he is a second rower being forced in to the prop position which i think is mainly down to the S#!te forwards we've signed for about 7 years now.
I don't get why we find it so hard to sign a decent prop, i know some have Potential but it never pays off.
Kibula if he put some actual effort in to his go forward (seeing as he is a forward) and not seemingly relying on his size and weight, he could do some damage. Liam watts is a similar size and shape and look at him go.
Doro i like mainly for his aggression and go forward, yeah he's not a big guy but he throws everything in to his runs and tackles like a truck. He's very young still and i think he'll be a gem of a forward, Philbin isn't a big prop and look at him.
BMM as a rotational prop is a great idea and i fully agree, stop playing Clark at prop and get BMM in there. Does anyone know what his injury is/ was and will he be back for Catalans does anyone know?

CW8
RankPostsTeam
International Star3944
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Pretty sure Johnson is still only 21 though and he is a decent player I think he has a lot of potential. He's probably been the main loser in the Luther burrell experiment which in hindsight is a real shame for him.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2178No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: CW8 "Pretty sure Johnson is still only 21 though and he is a decent player I think he has a lot of potential. He's probably been the main loser in the Luther burrell experiment which in hindsight is a real shame for him.'"

Yeah he is very young, i'd like him to get more game time as he's played a few this year and for me has looked better every game. Next year is his last year with us so it will be a shame for him to not get game time to help his progression and to give him a shot at earning a new contract.

19 posts in 2 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
19 posts in 2 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.06396484375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
3m
Leeds
Benny Profan
3m