Sep 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2014Aug 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17925.jpg
:17925.jpg

Quote: BartonFlyer "Isn't the problem that we mere fans have no idea what the actual deal is?

Have you seen the lease or rental agreement?

No - nor have I !!

To use words like "unsatisfactory" is just pure speculation.

I agree with the Butcher & BigPev - from the time that the original development co. went belly up the whole stadium issue became a nightmare - without the stadium - no franchise, but how to get the stadium built? In the end much (all?) control had to be given to Peel - clearly they now call the shots. A sad situation to end up in but it really is very difficult to see an alternative (though I'm sure Mr Inferno will have one).'"

The agreement means we can't control our own ticketing, our own car park, our own catering or even the advice we put on our own webiste about how fans should get to the ground. For this 'privilege' we pay, what every leak that comes out of the club suggests is, an exorbitant amount of rent. I think we all know the agreement is a total nightmare, call that speculation if you are so inclined.

We've had ample opportunities to establish ourselves as a Super League club down the years, with or without a new stadium and we have failed miserably time and time again.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach10390No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11969.jpg
Me and are kid (TheButcher) putting the world two rights. ERIC SHAW PREDICTION LEAGUE & PLAY OFFS WINNER 2013 Don't like it? Well Frack off then. Energy & progress for all. Foe is our friend. mitie mouse, Lancetodd, Marshy1, eccles star, Dantes Inferno, Philyourboots, biggunbrad, DAVE@CAS1990, RED LEAGUE, OzWelsh, Red-Devils-PAW, newgroundb4wakey All blocked - Go ahead punk make my day.:11969.jpg

Quote: Walshovski "
Quote: Walshovski "You were one of, if not, the most frequent poster on here until you got slapped down for accusing GT of being a hooligan. Your job didn't get in the way then. '"

Conversations I have had since then have not changed my mind, OK I'll qualify things slightly life and work get in the way - if you want a run down of what I'm talking about please feel frer to PM as it's an eminently private matter.

Quote: Walshovski "Any potential new owner can tell Wilky whatever they want and when the club is handed over they can do as they please. Everyone knows Wilky wants away and I'm sure his desire to get rid will override any other considerations at present. '"

I doubt very much he'd not get cast iron assurances as think any harm that came to this club in his dotage would finish him off. Understand that promises can be broken but think the sale of that size would require legally binding assurances from the purchaser if demanded by the seller.

Quote: Walshovski "Look at Stockport County. Peel would have no qualms in handing over the stadium and the council maybe the final hope we have, but they haven't shown any inclination to fight our corner until now. I must of missed our massively talented playing squad but Sale could cherry pick the best and dump the stodge. '"

I profess to not knowing very much about the demise of Stockport other than bits gleened when I worked in Handforth, why would Peel hand over the stadium? really don't see that they wouldn't want thier name associated with the shiney sports outlet next to the port they are building. The promotional and corporate possibilities alone I'd have thought would have made them inclined to keep the stadium in at least the mid term.

Quote: Walshovski "This whole thread was never about investment it was about Sale and Steve Diamond's statements - “We have to attack the conurbations of Manchester and bring in a new audience. It would give us a fantastic opportunity. We’ll probably never rival soccer in terms of popularity but we can rival them with a different brand of sport." - Interpret that in a positive way if you can.'"

I will grant you what he says about RL youth talent is worrying, but I would only judge this when it is in a reputable publication and we have some form of comment from the board at Salford. The bit about attacking the conurbations of Manchester is not a crime, it is exactly what Salford should be doing but as usual they are wonderfully missing every oppertunity that the new stadium offers them to do this.'"

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member3987No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2016Jul 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Humans, male/MALE2.JPG
*** Missed one of Salford Red Devils Independent fan podcast DEVIL IN THE DETAIL use the link below and catch up, or our facebook page to get all upto date gossip facebook Devil in The Detail SRD [url]https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=270334099791871[url] catch up here [url]https://www.soundcloud.com/devil-in-the-detail-srd[/url] ***Salford City Reds #1 Prophet Of Fulfilment***:Humans, male/MALE2.JPG

Went to heywood road today to watch our academy got talking to some sale fans and they were fuming about the name change and Diamond shooting his mouth off
Also found out that its sale fc (sales other RU team) who have the assets training ground in carrington ect not sale sharks

RankPostsTeam
Moderator7760No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2018Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15_1451944442.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_15.gif

Quote: Michigan red "why would Peel hand over the stadium?'"

They only built it because the Salford Unitary Development Plan said that the Barton Site had to house a stadium, and the planners made sure that a stadium went on the site before anything else. It's a make-weight for being able to develop other things there.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator7760No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2018Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15_1451944442.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_15.gif

Quote: The optimist "
Also found out that its sale fc (sales other RU team) who have the assets training ground in carrington ect not sale sharks'"

Who owns Sale FC? Are they independent of Sale Sharks?

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach2990No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13977_1335458918.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_13977.jpg

Yes I think so Iain - I believe the Sharks are heavily in debt (more than SFC) but Sale are asset rich.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner6292No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7891.jpg
Salford RLFC Folly ARLFC Good john wilky last looked out on the pitch at salford. when the snow lay round about deep and crisp and even brightly played the lads that night though the frost was cruelllll when poor swinton scored a try we had 94urrrrrrrrrr:7891.jpg

Walshy - everything you have said on this thread is 100% correct. The fact that a few of are fans seem happy with whats going is up to them, but seriously I think the vast majority who go week out know we cannot stand back and watch this happen.

Sale are like leeches, they have never done anything themselves instead they wait and see who they can suck the life out of. 14 years of hard work have gone into making this stadium and quite frankly we've been lied to about what was to be expected, but Sale will now come on board and sideline us because as you say they are a rival team, playing a rival sport and will want to attract every potential fan from the Manchester area meaning there is no room for us.

Believe me Sale will get what they want and no doubt will become successful with us lurking in there shadows.

eusa_wall.gif eusa_wall.gif eusa_wall.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner6292No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7891.jpg
Salford RLFC Folly ARLFC Good john wilky last looked out on the pitch at salford. when the snow lay round about deep and crisp and even brightly played the lads that night though the frost was cruelllll when poor swinton scored a try we had 94urrrrrrrrrr:7891.jpg

Quote: Early Bath "Yes I think so Iain - I believe the Sharks are heavily in debt (more than SFC) but Sale are asset rich.'"

Brian Kennedy is a billionaire if I'm not mistaken. So hardly heavily debt.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach844No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2013Jun 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
fonds transparents/Catbert.gif
:fonds transparents/Catbert.gif

Quote: "Walshovski wrote

Im one of GT's boys. Must admit he likes a scuffle.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach210No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2014Feb 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Others/oxidizing.gif
:Others/oxidizing.gif

Quote: The Original Red Devils "Im one of GT's boys. Must admit he likes a scuffle.'"

Have you ever seen GT Michigan Red? Im a good mate and one of his lads along with TORD who attends game with. He's taking over the unicorn as top boy in there now next time your in pop over and say hello to us. We are the mean looking bunch in the corner. And tbh I've only ever seen him cause a few boot offs, opposition fans need to know their place.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach10390No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11969.jpg
Me and are kid (TheButcher) putting the world two rights. ERIC SHAW PREDICTION LEAGUE & PLAY OFFS WINNER 2013 Don't like it? Well Frack off then. Energy & progress for all. Foe is our friend. mitie mouse, Lancetodd, Marshy1, eccles star, Dantes Inferno, Philyourboots, biggunbrad, DAVE@CAS1990, RED LEAGUE, OzWelsh, Red-Devils-PAW, newgroundb4wakey All blocked - Go ahead punk make my day.:11969.jpg

Quote: brap "Have you ever seen GT Michigan Red? Im a good mate and one of his lads along with TORD who attends game with. He's taking over the unicorn as top boy in there now next time your in pop over and say hello to us. We are the mean looking bunch in the corner. And tbh I've only ever seen him cause a few boot offs, opposition fans need to know their place.'"

I was in there Friday so you should have come and said hello, always willing to have a pint and a natter with anyone in the name of Bon Homme.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member3987No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2016Jul 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Humans, male/MALE2.JPG
*** Missed one of Salford Red Devils Independent fan podcast DEVIL IN THE DETAIL use the link below and catch up, or our facebook page to get all upto date gossip facebook Devil in The Detail SRD [url]https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=270334099791871[url] catch up here [url]https://www.soundcloud.com/devil-in-the-detail-srd[/url] ***Salford City Reds #1 Prophet Of Fulfilment***:Humans, male/MALE2.JPG

Quote: Iain "Who owns Sale FC? Are they independent of Sale Sharks?'"

Sale Fc are owed though a membership scheme presumably set up by sale fans who didnt want to move to stockport, they are independant to Sale sharks they have a full time cheif exec, groundsman and they have started to pay their players now (only £50 or so a game but still) the 1st and 2nd team are on the verge of promotion the only problem is that they only average 150 people at a game and the sale fans i befriended said long term its not substainble.

There plan is too build a club get up a few divisons and be used as a feeder club to sale sharks so they can use their players

Quote: Iain "Yes I think so Iain - I believe the Sharks are heavily in debt (more than SFC) but Sale are asset rich.'"

Sale FC own Haywood road which they cant do anythign with as the local residents protest and poo poo any ideas they come up with like building houses on it ect, they also own training grounds in Carrington (which they recieve peppecorn rent for sale sharks to use it) im not sure if they own the land that United and Citys are on too and also have £1m in the bank, they also own offices at Haywood road and Carrington which they rent out to businesses.
They seem to rent their pitch out to everyone who needs it, last week Rochdale RU used it as their pitch was waterlogged or somthing so they played their as well as several different teams in the winter as it has floodlights

So for me reaily for us to start working closer with Sale we have to gain somthing, id be hoping that we are to get access to the training facility in Carrington with gym several pitches and lots of other stuff and perhaps we will pay the same "peppercorn rent" that the sharks enjoy while using the facility.

They were not very happy with Diamond, they said he has a reputation of shooting his mouth of on a regular basis and its quite an embarrasment to them

Quote: Iain "Brian Kennedy is a billionaire if I'm not mistaken. So hardly heavily debt.'"

Brian Kennedy is a Billionare yep fair point he just services the debt of Sale sharks, he would want sale to generate some money so he wont have to put as much in personlly i wonder with Kennedy looking to buy Glasgow Rangers is it time for him to be looking to offload the Sharks.
Heard while i was down there they are lining up potential buyers to see if a deal can be done.
By the sound of it Sale Sharks when they moved they took the team and the admin and the fans with them but nothing solid by the sound of it, they rent the training ground, they rent the offices so the only assit they have is Edgley park.

I Wonder if our operating costs would be cheaper than Sale Sharks, perhaps he is sick of losing money hand over fist and would rather own a rugby league club as you dont lose as much ?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach393No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2018Sep 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Why does any true Salford Rugby League fan honestly think that Sale, the local rugby yawnion club are going to move into our ground and suddenly start doing us any favours whatsoever?

They have ridden rough-shod over poor Stockport County and are now ready to drop them like a bad smell. They have stated that they will keep all their administration depts at a separate location. They have come out in the press with a blatant statement that they can now watch all the best Rugby League talent playing in their own backyard. They have realised there is more gain for [ithemselves [/ito now play in a shiny new stadium. Which will benefit [ithemselves[/i. And that'll be the stadium that we gave up our home of 110 years and fought 14 years through some of the worst economic times the country has seen in recent memory to get built.

No matter what mistakes have been made along the way (and without professing to know any insider details there clearly have been plenty), the club did get the damn thing built. And within 2 months of our first game Sale are waltzing in.

This is Sale we are talking about. As in the local rugby union club. You know, that sport that has done nothing - and I mean nothing - but treat our sport as a second class affair for over a century.

Wake up and smell the coffee people, we are in serious danger of becoming second class citizens in our home. And then the smug rugger buggers really will have beaten us at last...

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach393No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2018Sep 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

BTW - well said Alan Hunte, the rugby (LEAGUE) genius

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman3174
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2016Nov 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
986.jpg
"In his autumn before the winter comes man's last mad surge of youth." "What on earth are you talking about?":986.jpg

A couple of points here,

Sale's have come out with boorish comments about their status for years , and even when there were Premiership Champions in 2006 that didn't lead to ' world supremacy ' .

As to Sale having better marketing I don't know , they have better Finance , but for the last decade have relied on RL nounce - Peter Deakin , and now Wigan 's ex marketing guy off the field .

As to Sale being a threat to our youth policy icon_biggrin.gifOH: , Alan Hunte works miracles with little or no budget , Other SL clubs have always made more damaging inroads into Gtr Manchester to take Rugby League Talent , thats why we were watching Kallum Watkins tear Salford apart at the weekend in a Leeds Shirt , Lets worry about Wigan Warrington & Leeds , even Cas pick up our best talent before we panic about some cauliflowered eared moron pontificating about how they will have their pick of Rugby sporting talent , if you want to safeguard the youth , put them on 5 year deals al la Wigan , so if they go cross code they pay through the nose .

We've known Sale were going to use the the SCS at some point , so I cannot understand the hysteria , we all know we had Hobson's Choice about the Stadium move , it was that or oblivion. I can believe that Salford's ' rent ' may be lowered with multi occupancy though i doubt it would be as much as 50% , A reduction of 100 - 150 K would make a big impact on the Clubs finances , the Stadium aswell as having another paying tenant will have more options on Stadium Advertising and dare I say a Stadium Sponsor .

Sale do not need primacy of tenure to use the Stadium , Primacy of Tenure was a stipulation of RU clubs being promoted into the Aviva Premiership , but existing teams including Sale were allowed dispensation so I don't know why that was even mentioned.

the Biggest threat to Salfords existance is and always will be it's own management .

562 posts in 38 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed
562 posts in 38 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

3.55908203125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Film game
karetaker
29m
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Lprhino
43m
TV Games - Not Hull
scarrie
47m
Grand final Tickets
JIMMY MAGNET
55m
Realistic targets for 2025
UllFC
58m
Who do you want to win the Grand Final
Barstool Pre
Recent
Worst semi
Barstool Pre
Recent
Sam Burgess
Wires71
Recent
Recruitment rumours and links
karetaker
Recent
IN 2025 Cooper Jenkins - Expires 2026
Seth
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Rumours and signings v9
NickyKiss
18s
Grand final Tickets
JIMMY MAGNET
19s
TV Games - Not Hull
scarrie
19s
Tonights match v HKR
ratticusfinc
29s
Isa 1 year extension
NickyKiss
40s
Questions for Ste Mills
JamieRobinso
50s
Wakefield Trinity Heritage Podcast - Season 3
JamieRobinso
54s
Realistic targets for 2025
UllFC
54s
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Grand Final Place
Wildthing
1m
Leigh it is
NickyKiss
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
IN 2025 Cooper Jenkins - Expires 2026
Seth
TODAY
Search Sexy Girls from your city for night - Authentic Damse
excruciating
TODAY
IN 2025 Keenan Palasia - Expires 2026
Emagdnim13
TODAY
2024 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Grand Final
FoxyRhino
TODAY
York Valkyrie Win Back to Back Grand Finals
RLFANS News
TODAY
NRL
Benny Profan
TODAY
Penrith Panthers Secure Fourth Consecutive Title
RLFANS News
TODAY
Seeking favourite images from grounds - past or present
retrosports
TODAY
Grand final Tickets
JIMMY MAGNET
TODAY
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Grand Final Place
Wildthing
TODAY
Refs referring it to video as a try or not
Big lads mat
TODAY
Questions for Ste Mills
JamieRobinso
TODAY
Decision on the field
MR FRISK
TODAY
Who do you want to win the Grand Final
Barstool Pre
TODAY
Worst semi
Barstool Pre
TODAY
2025 TRANSFER AND RETENTION RUMOURS
Encouraged
TODAY
Sam Burgess
Wires71
TODAY
Hull KR Survive Warrington Fightback To Secure Grand Final Spot
RLFANS News
TODAY
Squad 2025
Nat (Rugby_A
TODAY
Tonights match v HKR
ratticusfinc
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
York Valkyrie Win Back to Back..
Hunslet Book Relegation Play O..
Penrith Panthers Secure Fourth..
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Gran..
Hull KR Survive Warrington Fig..
Warrington Wolves Break Saints..
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off P..
Catalans Dragons Finish Sevent..
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.64M 3,167 80,13314,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 Sat 12th Oct
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R30
18:00
Hull KR
v
Wigan
 Sun 13th Oct
       Championship 2024-R30
15:00
Swinton
v
Hunslet
15:00
Wakefield
v
York
17:00
Toulouse
v
Bradford
 Sun 27th Oct
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Sat 12th Oct
SL
18:00
Hull KR-Wigan
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sun 6th Oct
L1 26 Keighley6-20Hunslet
CH 29 Bradford25-12Featherstone
WSL2024 16 York V18-8St.HelensW
NRL 31 Melbourne6-14Penrith
Sat 5th Oct
CH 29 York27-10Widnes
SL 29 Wigan38-0Leigh
Fri 4th Oct
SL 29 Hull KR10-8Warrington
Sun 29th Sep
L1 25 Rochdale26-46Hunslet
CH 28 Barrow24-26Widnes
CH 28 Bradford50-0Swinton
CH 28 Dewsbury28-8Sheffield
CH 28 Wakefield72-6Doncaster
CH 28 Whitehaven23-20Halifax
CH 28 York16-6Featherstone
Sat 28th Sep
CH 28 Toulouse64-16Batley
SL 28 Warrington23-22St.Helens
NRL 30 Penrith26-6Cronulla
Fri 27th Sep
SL 28 Salford6-14Leigh
NRL 30 Melbourne48-18Sydney
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 28 759 336 423 46
Hull KR 28 729 335 394 44
Warrington 29 769 351 418 42
Leigh 29 580 442 138 33
Salford 28 556 561 -5 32
St.Helens 28 618 411 207 30

Catalans 27 475 427 48 30
Leeds 27 530 488 42 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
Hull FC 27 328 894 -566 6
LondonB 27 317 916 -599 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 26 1010 262 748 50
Bradford 27 703 399 304 36
Toulouse 25 744 368 376 35
York 28 682 479 203 32
Widnes 27 561 502 59 29
Featherstone 27 634 525 109 28

Sheffield 26 626 526 100 28
Doncaster 26 498 619 -121 25
Halifax 26 509 650 -141 22
Batley 26 422 591 -169 22