JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11969.jpg
Me and are kid (TheButcher) putting the world two rights. ERIC SHAW PREDICTION LEAGUE & PLAY OFFS WINNER 2013 Don't like it? Well Frack off then. Energy & progress for all. Foe is our friend. mitie mouse, Lancetodd, Marshy1, eccles star, Dantes Inferno, Philyourboots, biggunbrad, DAVE@CAS1990, RED LEAGUE, OzWelsh, Red-Devils-PAW, newgroundb4wakey All blocked - Go ahead punk make my day.:11969.jpg

Quote: Wirecutter "I noticed that the Doc posted on Twitter yesterday that he now wants stability and is now looking to invest heavily in the very best young players and their development.'"

When I read that Flannagan was coming over for a few months I did wonder if he would be looking out for talent from the lower leagues or from SL junior ranks and this quote leads me to think that I was right.

I don't automatically think this means buying the best kids but more the facilities he mentioned when he took over the club, a place for them to live and the facilities for them to train in, think the club could be wonderous things in attracting the best talent if they set up some form of scholarship system. Salford and Manchester has some of the best academic in Europe why not try and tempt the best young talent by offering to pay for them to attend these in their chosen field.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman3174
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2016Nov 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
986.jpg
"In his autumn before the winter comes man's last mad surge of youth." "What on earth are you talking about?":986.jpg

rlhttp://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/st-helens-sack-head-coach-3350405rl
rlhttp://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-league/17428568rl
As I had mentioned elsewhere Saints got shut of Royce Simmons in 2012 after just 7 games following a poor start to the season. I don't recall a similar tirade against their Chairman as being an idiot , foolhardy or tempestuous for pulling the trigger.
"We've had a difficult start," said chairman Eamonn McManus. "And it's best to make change sooner rather than later." ..

RankPostsTeam
International Star643No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2014May 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Michigan red "When I read that Flannagan was coming over for a few months I did wonder if he would be looking out for talent from the lower leagues or from SL junior ranks and this quote leads me to think that I was right.

I don't automatically think this means buying the best kids but more the facilities he mentioned when he took over the club, a place for them to live and the facilities for them to train in, think the club could be wonderous things in attracting the best talent if they set up some form of scholarship system. Salford and Manchester has some of the best academic centres in Europe why not try and tempt the best young talent by offering to pay for them to attend these in their chosen field.'"

If the Doc is serious about being future World Champions we have to be competing for the very best kids. Previously we haven't had the money to attract the best. Offer them great facilities, a great junior coaching setup and more money if necessary. We need to be signing the next Morley, Watkins, Tomkins, Burgess etc, etc.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach10390No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11969.jpg
Me and are kid (TheButcher) putting the world two rights. ERIC SHAW PREDICTION LEAGUE & PLAY OFFS WINNER 2013 Don't like it? Well Frack off then. Energy & progress for all. Foe is our friend. mitie mouse, Lancetodd, Marshy1, eccles star, Dantes Inferno, Philyourboots, biggunbrad, DAVE@CAS1990, RED LEAGUE, OzWelsh, Red-Devils-PAW, newgroundb4wakey All blocked - Go ahead punk make my day.:11969.jpg

Quote: Wirecutter "If the Doc is serious about being future World Champions we have to be competing for the very best kids. Previously we haven't had the money to attract the best. Offer them great facilities, a great junior coaching setup and more money if necessary. We need be signing the next Morley, Watkins, Tomkins, Burgess etc, etc.'"

Morley, Watkins and Betts are three players from the past few years who are from the area but got snapped up by other teams. You'd think that investment in the youth structure would help to combat this happening in the future.

RankPostsTeam
International Star643No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2014May 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Michigan red "Morley, Watkins and Betts are three players from the past few years who are from the area but got snapped up by other teams. You'd think that investment in the youth structure would help to combat this happening in the future.'"
Obviously but high quality kids from this area are few and far between. We also need to be signing the very best from other areas like Wigan, Leigh, Warrington, St Helens and Widnes.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5643
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Jun 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17012_1369957324.jpg
[img:2s4u5nxg]http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k305/The_flying_biscuit/sig2.jpg[/img:2s4u5nxg] 2009..........2010...........2011............2012..........2016..........2017:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_17012.jpg

Quote: middleman "As I had mentioned elsewhere Saints got shut of Royce Simmons in 2012 after just 7 games following a poor start to the season. I don't recall a similar tirade against their Chairman as being an idiot , foolhardy or tempestuous for pulling the trigger.
"We've had a difficult start," said chairman Eamonn McManus. "And it's best to make change sooner rather than later." ..'"

To be fair Saints were fresh out their fifth Grand final in a row and had lost four games on the bounce in the new season and were due to play leeds wigan and Wire. And you have to admit he looked absolutely lost in the job. They replaced him with highly sought after Nathan Brown, who was widely tipped for the St George Illawarra job.

You are fresh from winning the wooden spoon, are currently sat - give or take a place - where many people (your own fans as well I might add) expect you to be. You have just sacked the most succesful British coach in the modern era after 7 games, And have replaced him with a bloke who made Wales look worse than they had any right to be. (plus he's a judas and has zero personality but thats by the by)

Saints by the way stood by Nathan Brown last year after a ropey first year and it looks like paying off.
I'm sure we will stick By Tony Smith if we continue to be garbage this year.

So I'm not sure the comparison with what Mcmanus did is really the same

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member1642No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2015Apr 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Someday, somewhere, today’s empires are tomorrow’s ashes.:

Quote: the flying biscuit "
Quote: the flying biscuit "As I had mentioned elsewhere Saints got shut of Royce Simmons in 2012 after just 7 games following a poor start to the season. I don't recall a similar tirade against their Chairman as being an idiot , foolhardy or tempestuous for pulling the trigger.
"We've had a difficult start," said chairman Eamonn McManus. "And it's best to make change sooner rather than later." ..'"

To be fair Saints were fresh out their fifth Grand final in a row and had lost four games on the bounce in the new season and were due to play leeds wigan and Wire. And you have to admit he looked absolutely lost in the job. They replaced him with highly sought after Nathan Brown, who was widely tipped for the St George Illawarra job.

You are fresh from winning the wooden spoon, are currently sat - give or take a place - where many people (your own fans as well I might add) expect you to be. You have just sacked the most succesful British coach in the modern era after 7 games, And have replaced him with a bloke who made Wales look worse than they had any right to be. (plus he's a judas and has zero personality but thats by the by)

Saints by the way stood by Nathan Brown last year after a ropey first year and it looks like paying off.
I'm sure we will stick By Tony Smith if we continue to be garbage this year.

So I'm not sure the comparison with what Mcmanus did is really the same'"

Where the comparison holds is that both Eamonn McManus and Marwan were decisive: they saw a problem and acted, rather than waiting to see if things changed of their own accord.

Now, you could argue that Iestyn isn't the man for the job - and I suspect most of us on here were a little bit surprised by it - but only time will tell whether he is or not. There may also be an extra element of negativity from Warrington fans over this appointment because you see Iestyn as some kind of "Judas", since he left Warrington to further his career at what he perceived to be a bigger club. Strangely enough, I didn't notice a similar reaction when you signed Richie Myler, but I'm sure you were all thinking it.

RankPostsTeam
International Star643No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2014May 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I think you have to put yourself in the shoes of the Doc. It seems a number of new senior players (with experience at big clubs) thought the training methods and tactics were antiquated. Having invested the money he has Koukash is entitled to do as he see's fit for the benefit and development of the club. I suppose with Harris he brings a wealth of knowledge on coaching and training methods from a successful club that won Superleague last year.

Perhaps Brian Noble's downfall was that he was out of the game for too long in an evolving sport and wasn't up to speed with to the latest methods of coaching. This said If Noble doesn't return I think it would be a real shame because I feel he still has a lot to offer the club in a different capacity.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1749No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2014Nov 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46828_1381397654.png
[b:1ut2mx8s][color=#FF0000:1ut2mx8s]Devils Disciples required - No initiation ceremony needed just enter AJ Bell Stadium on Gameday to be accepted.[/color:1ut2mx8s][/b:1ut2mx8s]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_46828.png

Quote: the flying biscuit " You have just sacked the most succesful British coach in the modern era after 7 games, And have replaced him with a bloke who made Wales look worse than they had any right to be. (plus he's a judas and has zero personality but thats by the by)

'"

Your prejudice and trolling is becoming a regular feature on here,Biscuit.
What was the name of that coach who made England look worse than they had any right to be? You know the one,took the best of Leeds and St Helens and couldn't get them to gel together.Smith,was it?Wonder where he went?

As for Judas and zero personality? You get worse ! This is a bloke who not only coached amateur players in Oldham but was prepared to drop from Super League into the Championship/( National League 1?),at Feathersone to learn his trade under Daryl Powell - you know him;done very well with the limited funds at Castleford after continual success at Featherstone.
The one with zero personality was given a role involving marketing,public relations,and with the youth.
rlSome Responsibility For Someone With Zero Personalityrl
He was then prepared to work under the 'most successful British coach in the modern era' rlAnd State His Ambitionrl

The most amazing thing for me about the one with the zero personality is that he goes for an interview for an assistant coaching position - interviewed by both the CEO,formerly employed by the Council,and DR K. - and as a result of his zero personality manages to somehow impress so much that he usurps the most successful British coach in the modern era and those of us who thought BN and DR K were blood brothers are left hugely impressed - not only with what I believe to be the correct decision,but the manner in which it came about.

Some personality,this fella.Has a work ethic.Gets busy and determined and realises his ambition.
I think you and I,Biscuit,need to get some of this zero personality.

Oh,and I wish Iestyn Harris Pob Iwc

RankPostsTeam
International Star783No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2016Nov 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Wirecutter "I think you have to put yourself in the shoes of the Doc. It seems a number of new senior players (with experience at big clubs) thought the training methods and tactics were antiquated. Having invested the money he has Koukash is entitled to do as he see's fit for the benefit and development of the club. I suppose with Harris he brings a wealth of knowledge on coaching and training methods from a successful club that won Superleague last year.

Perhaps Brian Noble's downfall was that he was out of the game for too long in an evolving sport and wasn't up to speed with to the latest methods of coaching. This said If Noble doesn't return I think it would be a real shame because I feel he still has a lot to offer the club in a different capacity.'"

How do we know a number of senior players expressed their thoughts to the Dr, is this just assumption ?
O.K. it might be true, WHO knows ?
Didn't Noble go to Aussie, visiting some Coach friends, surely he would of been up to speed with the latest methods ?

RankPostsTeam
International Star2666No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201312 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2017Nov 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Salford Red Devils RLFC. [quote="Gotcha":y7izhg01]Salford won't win Super League in my lifetime. Even saying in jest they would sounds stupid.[/quote:y7izhg01]:

It’s obvious from those “in the know” that senior players were critical of Noble’s methods and tactics. Marwan had let the man loose with his cheque book, we had come off the back of one of the best results in our recent history why else would a man with limited knowledge of RL sack the head coach? It was because he was left with no option. The players have now got a modern coach, who has spent the last few years winning trophies with a Wigan team that played an expansive and exciting game.

No excuses from here on in.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1301No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2022Mar 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: scoot "How do we know a number of senior players expressed their thoughts to the Dr, is this just assumption ?
O.K. it might be true, WHO knows ?
Didn't Noble go to Aussie, visiting some Coach friends, surely he would of been up to speed with the latest methods ?'"

Dead right regarding players going to MK.
Somebody states it on here,as a fact,and then it's taken as gospel.
What is the source of this and how reliable is it ?
Noble hasn't got where he is today,or at least where he was last week,by being undermined by players

RankPostsTeam
International Star643No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2014May 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Bonita Red "Dead right regarding players going to MK.
Somebody states it on here,as a fact,and then it's taken as gospel.
What is the source of this and how reliable is it ?
Noble hasn't got where he is today,or at least where he was last week,by being undermined by players'"

The same source that posted Noble had lost the dressing room and would be replaced a week before it actually happened. If you are interested to know which players PM me and I will tell you who they were.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach215No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2017Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Let us look forwards not backwards! We cannot change what has happened and all this "Who did what and to who" is becoming tiresome. From Twitter today Noble is talking to the Doctor which is a good thing. We must get behind both the team, who should be on a high after the cup result, AND the new coach. Do we want him thinking he has made the wrong choice? No! We want him to think positively, work hard and take the Club forward.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1301No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2022Mar 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Beck2 "Let us look forwards not backwards! We cannot change what has happened and all this "Who did what and to who" is becoming tiresome. From Twitter today Noble is talking to the Doctor which is a good thing. We must get behind both the team, who should be on a high after the cup result, AND the new coach. Do we want him thinking he has made the wrong choice? No! We want him to think positively, work hard and take the Club forward.'"

Sorry,Beck, but I hate the idea of people going behind their boss's back.
I agree we must look forward and support the team.
This remains a forum to establish what's going on behind the scenes.

103 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed
103 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.3369140625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Ben Condon is a Leopard
Jack Gaskell
5m
Rumours thread
PopTart
12m