Apr 2018Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15_1451944442.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_15.gif

Quote: KMT "Leeds work well with their union counterparts!'"

Two points -

1 - Leeds RL are by far the dominant partner.
2 - Look at the state of the pitch at Headingley.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach10390No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11969.jpg
Me and are kid (TheButcher) putting the world two rights. ERIC SHAW PREDICTION LEAGUE & PLAY OFFS WINNER 2013 Don't like it? Well Frack off then. Energy & progress for all. Foe is our friend. mitie mouse, Lancetodd, Marshy1, eccles star, Dantes Inferno, Philyourboots, biggunbrad, DAVE@CAS1990, RED LEAGUE, OzWelsh, Red-Devils-PAW, newgroundb4wakey All blocked - Go ahead punk make my day.:11969.jpg

Think everyone pretty much kn ows that with my family background I like RU as a sport on an international level and have the few times when I worked down in Goucester enjoyed the odd club game but I'm trying to be subjective.
Firstly until I see something from a senior club official at Salford I'm not trusting anything the MEN says.
Should this happen I know there will be detractors but think the simple reality is Wilky is getting older and less likely to want to keep digging deeper and deeper to bail out a creaking (if not sinking ship) so any attempt by him to find a buyer is understandable. Has anyone got any corriliation between this story and the one of the other day about someone being appointed by a local business man to look into the clubs future viability?. Could be that someone with money wants to buy into the club at a time when we are getting closer to Sale as they see it as an oppertunity to get in at the very start of any joint venture.
I've said before on a few levels as sharing of manpower and expertise between the club can only improive standards, both in a back office capacity (I defy anyone to say Sale don't market themslves better than us) and shared facilities/training, were using Leigh's pitch for training from what I can gather but surely an agreement with Sale would see us using thier private rugby facilities in Carrington?.
As other have said we don't own our ground so despite the fears of some we have not reallt got a leg to stand on, if any of us rented out property we'd want to maximise our revenue from it wouldn't we? the stadium management people are doing what any right minded business types would do and especially as they have public investment to consider.

Th3e crux of this matter if the board at salford are strong they can ensure that the club moves foward if this story is true, allow ANYONE to ride roughshod over us and I'm affraid WE get what THEY deserve.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2488No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2014Aug 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17925.jpg
:17925.jpg

Quote: Michigan red "Think everyone pretty much kn ows that with my family background I like RU as a sport on an international level and have the few times when I worked down in Goucester enjoyed the odd club game but I'm trying to be subjective.
Firstly until I see something from a senior club official at Salford I'm not trusting anything the MEN says.
Should this happen I know there will be detractors but think the simple reality is Wilky is getting older and less likely to want to keep digging deeper and deeper to bail out a creaking (if not sinking ship) so any attempt by him to find a buyer is understandable. Has anyone got any corriliation between this story and the one of the other day about someone being appointed by a local business man to look into the clubs future viability?. Could be that someone with money wants to buy into the club at a time when we are getting closer to Sale as they see it as an oppertunity to get in at the very start of any joint venture.
I've said before on a few levels as sharing of manpower and expertise between the club can only improive standards, both in a back office capacity (I defy anyone to say Sale don't market themslves better than us) and shared facilities/training, were using Leigh's pitch for training from what I can gather but surely an agreement with Sale would see us using thier private rugby facilities in Carrington?.
As other have said we don't own our ground so despite the fears of some we have not reallt got a leg to stand on, if any of us rented out property we'd want to maximise our revenue from it wouldn't we? the stadium management people are doing what any right minded business types would do and especially as they have public investment to consider.

Th3e crux of this matter if the board at salford are strong they can ensure that the club moves foward if this story is true, allow ANYONE to ride roughshod over us and I'm affraid WE get what THEY deserve.'"

Why did I mention you? I'll just get the chaps at Bletchley Park to decipher your post and then I will respond.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach10390No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11969.jpg
Me and are kid (TheButcher) putting the world two rights. ERIC SHAW PREDICTION LEAGUE & PLAY OFFS WINNER 2013 Don't like it? Well Frack off then. Energy & progress for all. Foe is our friend. mitie mouse, Lancetodd, Marshy1, eccles star, Dantes Inferno, Philyourboots, biggunbrad, DAVE@CAS1990, RED LEAGUE, OzWelsh, Red-Devils-PAW, newgroundb4wakey All blocked - Go ahead punk make my day.:11969.jpg

Quote: Walshovski "Why did I mention you? .'"

Not that I can see, nor did I mention you, person comments about having to decipher my mail is hardly going to lead to a reasoned bebate is it?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2488No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2014Aug 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17925.jpg

Quote: redgunner "Walshovski / Karlos13

Comparing average attendances in the 1970s with now is not possible. Sport and Rugby League were both at all time lows and for the time our attendances were excellent. There is/would be plenty of appetite for a good rugby league side in Salford. We averaged 5,470 in 1988/89 when we had a half decent season for example.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2488No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2014Aug 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17925.jpg

Quote: Michigan red "Not that I can see, nor did I mention you, person comments about having to decipher my mail is hardly going to lead to a reasoned bebate is it?'"

I'll remember that next time you're having a pop at Dantes Inferno or Mitie Mouse irrespective of what their post says. Anyway, I'm not getting into this as there are far more important things to discuss.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach10390No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11969.jpg

Quote: Walshovski "
Where is Michigan 'Sale and Rugby Union is brilliant, we've got loads to learn from them so let's merge tomorrow' Red on this thread?'"

Sorry you posted this while i was writing my thread.

So in reply to Walshovski I have one of those pesky things called a job to attend to before feeding the egos of the likes of you on here. I'm glad to say I like RU as it gave me something to chear last weekend after watching Salford get beaten by the best team in the world on Friday.

It's old and it's hackneyed but unless one of us finds a few million down the back of the sofa what you, me or anyone on here wants is going to be a distant second to sound finiancial sense. Do you honestly think Wilky will sell to any Tom, Dick or Harry? he might have his detractors but no right thinking person can doubt his love for the club. I

If we did for sake of arguments get sold to Kennedy what would he have to gain by buying to let us fade away? ownership of the ground we own? our massively talented playing squad? our huge backroom staff? No I can't really see any real benefit in him investing in buying the club and not making it work or at the very least trying to make a go of it.

For the record I'd be happiest if we did find a sugar Daddy to buy the club, lob endless money at making us the best in SL (both on and off the playing field) and then ultimately buy the stadium from the owners but taking rose tinted specs off for a minute deep down we all know that's highly unlikely to happen.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner5594
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Aug 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6329_1327085433.jpg
...Diagnosing SBD (Sporting Bipolar Disorder) since 2003... Negs bringing down the tone of your forum? Keyboard Bell-endery tiresome? Embarrassed by some of your own fans? Then you need... TheButcher I must be STOPPED!! Vice Chairman of The Scarlet Turkey Clique Grand Wizard Shill of Nibiru Prime & Dark Globe Champion Chairman of 'The Neil Barker School for gifted Clowns' "A Local Forum. For Local People":d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6329.jpg

Maybe my Salford Sharks mock-up picture was more prophetic than I realised at the time...

The Crux of the matter is that we can do bugger-all about the situation, and we can hope that Sale come in offering a hand of friendship. Personally, I can see a Roman-like back stabbing with a push for total say over all things Stadium related. There seems to be some who can see benefits to partnership, but imo those benefits only apply to Sale. Diamond made it perfectly clear in the MEN as he, without respect, wanted to lay claim to the best young talent RL has to offer. It wouldn't work the other way.

If he is happy to start playing these types of game in the media now, imagine what he might have up his sleeve that he doesn't want to divulge?

The worst part of all this? You can't really blame the Club for these developments. Once the RL decided that new Stadia was the SL shoe-in the Club had to commit to leaving the Willows. Financial collapse and years of wrangling has afforded us a chance at Barton. We had to sell our soul to stay in SL. Now a bigger more ruthless venture wants in on what we sold our soul for and we can do nothing about it. All we can hope for is that we can improve on the pitch and slowly build on it, or that our soon-to-be lodgers have no intention of trying to kick us out the back door.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2488No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2014Aug 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17925.jpg

Quote: Michigan red "Sorry you posted this while i was writing my thread.

So in reply to Walshovski I have one of those pesky things called a job to attend to before feeding the egos of the likes of you on here. I'm glad to say I like RU as it gave me something to chear last weekend after watching Salford get beaten by the best team in the world on Friday. '"

You were one of, if not, the most frequent poster on here until you got slapped down for accusing GT of being a hooligan. Your job didn't get in the way then.

Quote: Michigan red " Do you honestly think Wilky will sell to any Tom, Dick or Harry? he might have his detractors but no right thinking person can doubt his love for the club. I'"

Any potential new owner can tell Wilky whatever they want and when the club is handed over they can do as they please. Everyone knows Wilky wants away and I'm sure his desire to get rid will override any other considerations at present.

Quote: Michigan red "If we did for sake of arguments get sold to Kennedy what would he have to gain by buying to let us fade away? ownership of the ground we own? our massively talented playing squad? our huge backroom staff? No I can't really see any real benefit in him investing in buying the club and not making it work or at the very least trying to make a go of it.'"

Look at Stockport County. Peel would have no qualms in handing over the stadium and the council maybe the final hope we have, but they haven't shown any inclination to fight our corner until now. I must of missed our massively talented playing squad but Sale could cherry pick the best and dump the stodge.

This whole thread was never about investment it was about Sale and Steve Diamond's statements - “We have to attack the conurbations of Manchester and bring in a new audience. It would give us a fantastic opportunity. We’ll probably never rival soccer in terms of popularity but we can rival them with a different brand of sport." - Interpret that in a positive way if you can.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2488No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2014Aug 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17925.jpg

Quote: TheButcher "Maybe my Salford Sharks mock-up picture was more prophetic than I realised at the time...

The Crux of the matter is that we can do bugger-all about the situation, and we can hope that Sale come in offering a hand of friendship. Personally, I can see a Roman-like back stabbing with a push for total say over all things Stadium related. There seems to be some who can see benefits to partnership, but imo those benefits only apply to Sale. Diamond made it perfectly clear in the MEN as he, without respect, wanted to lay claim to the best young talent RL has to offer. It wouldn't work the other way.

If he is happy to start playing these types of game in the media now, imagine what he might have up his sleeve that he doesn't want to divulge?

The worst part of all this? You can't really blame the Club for these developments. Once the RL decided that new Stadia was the SL shoe-in the Club had to commit to leaving the Willows. Financial collapse and years of wrangling has afforded us a chance at Barton. We had to sell our soul to stay in SL. Now a bigger more ruthless venture wants in on what we sold our soul for and we can do nothing about it. All we can hope for is that we can improve on the pitch and slowly build on it, or that our soon-to-be lodgers have no intention of trying to kick us out the back door.'"

Great post although I would disagree about not blaming Salford for anything.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman6769No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2013Aug 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons39ad_files/4795-1859san_c-msnicons.jpg
Holts Sweet Holts Never Drink on an Empty Head BIGPEV THE ONLY MAN TO GET A REAL INJURY AT THE STOOP:icons39ad_files/4795-1859san_c-msnicons.jpg

So it all boils down to lewis at RLFC headquarters is secretly working for the Yawnian lads and is in a complicated plot to shut down Rugby league all together.
On a serious note Salford Council borrowed money to lend to Salford, the council can actually borrow money cheaper than the current government, so the council put a mark up on this money so that Salford repay the loan at below banks standard rates but putting cash into the council coughers, so win win all round, but to make it win for Salford we need people through the gates. To get people through the gates we need a winning team, to get a winning team we need people through the gates, classic catch 22.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2488No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2014Aug 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17925.jpg

Quote: Bigpev "So it all boils down to lewis at RLFC headquarters is secretly working for the Yawnian lads and is in a complicated plot to shut down Rugby league all together.
On a serious note Salford Council borrowed money to lend to Salford, the council can actually borrow money cheaper than the current government, so the council put a mark up on this money so that Salford repay the loan at below banks standard rates but putting cash into the council coughers, so win win all round, but to make it win for Salford we need people through the gates. To get people through the gates we need a winning team, to get a winning team we need people through the gates, classic catch 22.'"

I agree the council have been onside with Salford and we need them now more than ever but why did they allow us to be roped into such a unsatisfactory deal over Barton?

KMT
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach251No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2012Jul 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

It's amazing how many wild accusations and presumptions are stated on here! By the sound of it on here were doomed and the megolathe of the north west sport that is sale sharks will soon dominate the world! Beware!!

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman6769No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2013Aug 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons39ad_files/4795-1859san_c-msnicons.jpg
Holts Sweet Holts Never Drink on an Empty Head BIGPEV THE ONLY MAN TO GET A REAL INJURY AT THE STOOP:icons39ad_files/4795-1859san_c-msnicons.jpg

Quote: Walshovski "I agree the council have been onside with Salford and we need them now more than ever but why did they allow us to be roped into such a unsatisfactory deal over Barton?'"

we have not seen the agreement yet, but the council have to do the best for its citizens, and so the Salford deal was a business transaction just as was the BBC deal, the council, well Labour members. want Salford to do well and put the city on the map. The original deal with the council meant Barton could go ahead, without that we would be playing this week in the Northern Rail cup.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman2524
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1217.jpg
Knowledge flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings:1217.jpg

Quote: Walshovski "..... such a unsatisfactory deal over Barton?'"

Isn't the problem that we mere fans have no idea what the actual deal is?

Have you seen the lease or rental agreement?

No - nor have I !!

To use words like "unsatisfactory" is just pure speculation.

I agree with the Butcher & BigPev - from the time that the original development co. went belly up the whole stadium issue became a nightmare - without the stadium - no franchise, but how to get the stadium built? In the end much (all?) control had to be given to Peel - clearly they now call the shots. A sad situation to end up in but it really is very difficult to see an alternative (though I'm sure Mr Inferno will have one).

562 posts in 38 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed
562 posts in 38 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

3.595703125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Refs referring it to video as a try or not
Freddie Mill
20m
New Players
the-bearded-
44m
Questions for Ste Mills
PopTart
48m
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Frosties.
Recent
TV Games - Not Hull
Armavinit
Recent
Realistic targets for 2025
boardwalkemp
Recent
OUT 2025 Leon Ruan - Released
Frosties.
Recent
Film game
Boss Hog
Recent
Recruitment rumours and links
Or thane
Recent
IN 2025 Cooper Jenkins - Expires 2026
Emagdnim13
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
UllFC
2m
TV Games - Not Hull
Armavinit
2m
Fev H Play Off
dddooommm
2m
Shopping list for 2025
mwindass
3m
Season tickets
The Dors
3m
2025 TRANSFER AND RETENTION RUMOURS
Encouraged
3m
Tonights match v HKR
ratticusfinc
3m
Freddie Mill
3m
Emagdnim13
4m
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Septimius Se
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
OUT 2025 Leon Ruan - Released
Frosties.
TODAY
Emagdnim13
TODAY
Search Sexy Girls from your city for night - Authentic Damse
excruciating
TODAY
IN 2025 Keenan Palasia - Expires 2026
Emagdnim13
TODAY
2024 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Grand Final
FoxyRhino
TODAY
York Valkyrie Win Back to Back Grand Finals
RLFANS News
TODAY
NRL
Benny Profan
TODAY
Penrith Panthers Secure Fourth Consecutive Title
RLFANS News
TODAY
Seeking favourite images from grounds - past or present
retrosports
TODAY
Grand final Tickets
JIMMY MAGNET
TODAY
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Grand Final Place
Wildthing
TODAY
Freddie Mill
TODAY
Questions for Ste Mills
PopTart
TODAY
Decision on the field
MR FRISK
TODAY
Who do you want to win the Grand Final
Barstool Pre
TODAY
Worst semi
Barstool Pre
TODAY
2025 TRANSFER AND RETENTION RUMOURS
Encouraged
TODAY
Sam Burgess
Wires71
TODAY
Hull KR Survive Warrington Fightback To Secure Grand Final Spot
RLFANS News
TODAY
Squad 2025
Nat (Rugby_A
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
York Valkyrie Win Back to Back..
Hunslet Book Relegation Play O..
Penrith Panthers Secure Fourth..
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Gran..
Hull KR Survive Warrington Fig..
Warrington Wolves Break Saints..
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off P..
Catalans Dragons Finish Sevent..
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.64M 2,948 ↓-880,13314,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 Sat 12th Oct
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R30
18:00
Hull KR
v
Wigan
 Sun 13th Oct
       Championship 2024-R30
15:00
Swinton
v
Hunslet
15:00
Wakefield
v
York
17:00
Toulouse
v
Bradford
 Sun 27th Oct
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Sat 12th Oct
SL
18:00
Hull KR-Wigan
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sun 6th Oct
L1 26 Keighley6-20Hunslet
CH 29 Bradford25-12Featherstone
WSL2024 16 York V18-8St.HelensW
NRL 31 Melbourne6-14Penrith
Sat 5th Oct
CH 29 York27-10Widnes
SL 29 Wigan38-0Leigh
Fri 4th Oct
SL 29 Hull KR10-8Warrington
Sun 29th Sep
L1 25 Rochdale26-46Hunslet
CH 28 Barrow24-26Widnes
CH 28 Bradford50-0Swinton
CH 28 Dewsbury28-8Sheffield
CH 28 Wakefield72-6Doncaster
CH 28 Whitehaven23-20Halifax
CH 28 York16-6Featherstone
Sat 28th Sep
CH 28 Toulouse64-16Batley
SL 28 Warrington23-22St.Helens
NRL 30 Penrith26-6Cronulla
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 28 759 336 423 46
Hull KR 28 729 335 394 44
Warrington 29 769 351 418 42
Leigh 29 580 442 138 33
Salford 28 556 561 -5 32
St.Helens 28 618 411 207 30

Catalans 27 475 427 48 30
Leeds 27 530 488 42 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
Hull FC 27 328 894 -566 6
LondonB 27 317 916 -599 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 26 1010 262 748 50
Bradford 27 703 399 304 36
Toulouse 25 744 368 376 35
York 28 682 479 203 32
Widnes 27 561 502 59 29
Featherstone 27 634 525 109 28

Sheffield 26 626 526 100 28
Doncaster 26 498 619 -121 25
Halifax 26 509 650 -141 22
Batley 26 422 591 -169 22