FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Salford Red Devils > Right, I'll Start...
53 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach265No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Mar 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

It's all a ploy of Nobles. Get the sack so that Mrs K can get him back to Bradford.

RankPostsTeam
International Star83No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2015Jul 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Just sack noble

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach10390No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11969.jpg
Me and are kid (TheButcher) putting the world two rights. ERIC SHAW PREDICTION LEAGUE & PLAY OFFS WINNER 2013 Don't like it? Well Frack off then. Energy & progress for all. Foe is our friend. mitie mouse, Lancetodd, Marshy1, eccles star, Dantes Inferno, Philyourboots, biggunbrad, DAVE@CAS1990, RED LEAGUE, OzWelsh, Red-Devils-PAW, newgroundb4wakey All blocked - Go ahead punk make my day.:11969.jpg

I do wonder what patience levels the Doc has in regards his manager!.

I can't put my finger on it but we look disjointed close to the try line and Smiths kicks in general play last night were very poor, the amount of times we kicked short of the in goal area making it easier for them to gather and take the tackle without the fear of a GLDO was very apparent.

First half especially we had a few scrums near our own line where Warrington had a very flat line and no full back for the first couple of tackles, whe on earth when we have someone with the pace of Johnson in the team don't we kick long for him to chase, at the very least they are starting the set deep in their own half.

Can anyone explain why it appears we keep attacking our own fans in the first half rather than the second? just find it odd whoever is winning the toss opts not to attack the end their fans congregate in in the second half.

Biggest shocker to me is that when we seem to have some pretty good forwards that we insist on keep dropping the ball off inside and running back into the ruck, sorry but that has never been a tactic that has worked and it now seems that Noble has adopted it as option #1.

All in all a pish poor effort last night, a better team than Warrington would have really put us too the sword, hope Chase is back and proves to be the missing link most have decided he is, personally I'm not sure that the odd off the cuff move from him would have made the difference last night - but I live in hope.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1114No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2015Aug 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Salary cap - you're havin a laugh.:

Quote: Fishy "Not having a go but I can't believe you have let Sneyd come to us on loan. He has been absolutely outstanding this year alongside Finn. I think he would have been ideal alongside Chase in the halves (injuries allowing) rather than Smith.'"

It's unbelievable how despite having two half backs already at the club we decided to sign another two, whilst ending up with 2 championship standard players in the hooker position. Clark will have a field day next week, as every number 9 has who has played against us so far.

RankPostsTeam
International Star284No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2015Apr 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
70781_1371077520.png
[color=#008000:senlzlw1]'Do or do not, there is no try'[/color:senlzlw1]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_70781.png

Quote: Talent Spotter "It's unbelievable how despite having two half backs already at the club we decided to sign another two, whilst ending up with 2 championship standard players in the hooker position. Clark will have a field day next week, as every number 9 has who has played against us so far.'"

I'd disagree with this, Lee has been one of our better performers this season IMO.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3796
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2021Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
22482_1402863561.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_22482.jpg

Quote: Mike Ehrmantraut "I'd disagree with this, Lee has been one of our better performers this season IMO.'"

Yeah I've been pleasantly surprised by him.

Defensively we're probably better than we have been for a while, we just have absolutely no structure in attack. We're simply too slow and predictable (Thaler didn't really help in terms of quick play the balls last night by allowing a lot of holding down and messing about after the tackle).

Not going to panic until we have Chase back in the side and we have a few more games in the book. It does show how far we still have to go when possibly the worst Warrington side in at least five years can still deal with us comfortably.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1114No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2015Aug 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Salary cap - you're havin a laugh.:

Quote: Mike Ehrmantraut "I'd disagree with this, Lee has been one of our better performers this season IMO.'"

3 forward passes a game, and no threat to the opposition defensive line. Probably a decent back up hooker but nowhere near a first choice for an apparent top 6 - 8 placed side.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner5594
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Aug 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6329_1327085433.jpg
...Diagnosing SBD (Sporting Bipolar Disorder) since 2003... Negs bringing down the tone of your forum? Keyboard Bell-endery tiresome? Embarrassed by some of your own fans? Then you need... TheButcher I must be STOPPED!! Vice Chairman of The Scarlet Turkey Clique Grand Wizard Shill of Nibiru Prime & Dark Globe Champion Chairman of 'The Neil Barker School for gifted Clowns' "A Local Forum. For Local People":d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6329.jpg

Quote: Talent Spotter "3 forward passes a game, and no threat to the opposition defensive line. Probably a decent back up hooker but nowhere near a first choice for an apparent top 6 - 8 placed side.'"

You may be right, but it highlights the problem when he is the stand-out player in that position.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2666No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201312 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2017Nov 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Salford Red Devils RLFC. [quote="Gotcha":y7izhg01]Salford won't win Super League in my lifetime. Even saying in jest they would sounds stupid.[/quote:y7izhg01]:

It seems harsh to criticise Noble when he hasn't been able to field the team he's assembled for more than 25 minutes his season. But yes whilst we've been unlucky with injuries to key players, Chase and Hock inparticular these can't be used an excuse for the manner in which the team are performing.

Our defence was appalling at times last night, there doesn't seem to be any structure or technique to it. Sometimes we'd have 3 men in a tackle but not one was round the legs and the attacker was making comfortable yards. Our discipline is woeful, penalties after penalties. However it's our attack that's worse for me. Likewise as in defence, no structure, nobody seems to know what's happening next and I lost count how many times we either played the ball on the last and nobody knew what to do with it or it was given to a player stood still not expecting the ball.

Individuals are letting Noble, Koukash and the fans down. Tim Smith is obviously going to come in for the main amount of criticism, last night was dreadful from him. He honestly looked like he couldn't be ar*ed. His kicking game was one of the worst displays I've seen for a long time. Hopefully Longy can address it. Tommy Lee has been ok, but he is never an 80 minute hooker. Far too one dimensional and looks as though he'd rather be playing scrum half. We need an lively interchange hooker who is going to attack the opposition around the ruck area.

One critique I do have of Noble last night was his strategy. Why put Gleeson on the bench? Why put Walne on and not use him until midway into the second half? Morley played far to many minutes for me too. Some strange choices for certain.

That Warrington team were there for the taking, no doubt about it. However we made them look much better due to the easy yards we gifted through silly penalties or unforced errors.

Unfortunately I took quite a few of my business colleagues last night and performances like that will do nothing for the "Red Devilution". A defeat against Cas and all the positivity created in the off season will be close to running out.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1749No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2014Nov 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46828_1381397654.png
[b:1ut2mx8s][color=#FF0000:1ut2mx8s]Devils Disciples required - No initiation ceremony needed just enter AJ Bell Stadium on Gameday to be accepted.[/color:1ut2mx8s][/b:1ut2mx8s]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_46828.png

Lee made 46 tackles last night - more than anyone else.Don't quite know what else he can do in the 80 mins.he is on the field.
Not once,since the head coach arrived,has there been any change noticeable in the second 40 mins after the first half has shown up whatever problems there may be.
Again a bomb was allowed to bounce.Again a restart was given back to the opposition after they kicked to our right - the other time at London and it may have happened elsewhere.Again far too many penalties conceded.No cohesion,no attacking flair.No defensive structure.
On the 2 occasions the loan player from Wigan got his hands on the ball in the opposition 20 he scored.He seemed to gel more with his centre than the rest of the squad who went off to South Africa.

Warrington were far improved on the pre-season performance.Salford were not.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach2990No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13977_1335458918.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_13977.jpg

Well as Talent Spotter intimates I only moan when we lose so I guess I will be on here for a bit..................until we see Noble moved upstairs or see a drastic change of plan.

He is still living in the 60s - I saw him play and he had one move and that was a dart from dummy half. At least he has instilled an improvement there as we now see a pass from dummy half to another man driving in.

Gone are the days when he had a pack with such as Joe Vagana and Brian McDermott to bully the opposition as that is his way of playing. He must - in my view - stay within the club - but off the training ground.

When Marwan envisaged a big turn out from the City he had to conjure up a team playing expansive exciting Rugby which will draw the `floaters` in. As John Gilbert says - they want to be entertained but our stuff without Rangi is just turgid, dreary and downright boring.

No doubt much to Bonita Reds chagrin we need to see Longy have some influence on the attack and as we have more coaches than Shearings maybe the others can concentrate on defence.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach551
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200817 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2017May 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
38636.jpg
:38636.jpg

Awful display, looked clueless and uninterested most of the time, line flat no one wanted the ball, one man rugby was like watching Salford of old.
Tasi was the stand out for me never takes a step back and only 23.
How was Sau ever a NZ representative.
Lacking a leader and organisation, cannot seeing us winning a game now for the next 4 weeks atleast, i really feel for the Doc because we all know how fickle Salford fans are.
I know it's only 5 games in but we lack strength in depth, good teams get in jury's to key players and still go on to win games.
Can see some big changes happening and new faces coming in, if we don't watch we're going to get stuck in the bottom half and face the split.

RankPostsTeam
International Star3368No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2015Jan 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
60495_1398780661.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_60495.jpg

it doesn't sound like you had much to cheer about but how did Dom Manfredi play?

RankPostsTeam
International Star643No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2014May 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I will give it 2-3 weeks to see if Noble is capable of turning things around. His win/loss ratio since he's been at the club has been the worst in SL. I can't believe we have spent an absolute fortune and didn't have the foresight to bring in a decent goal kicker. Beginning to wonder how big a mistake it could be not bringing in Brian Smith.

Is Noble a good coach or is he making a living from inheriting an outstanding Bulls team?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3796
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2021Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
22482_1402863561.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_22482.jpg

Quote: Wirecutter "I will give it 2-3 weeks to see if Noble is capable of turning things around. His win/loss ratio since he's been at the club has been the worst in SL. I can't believe we have spent an absolute fortune and didn't have the foresight to bring in a decent goal kicker. Beginning to wonder how big a mistake it could be not bringing in Brian Smith.

Is Noble a good coach or is he making a living from inheriting an outstanding Bulls team?'"

To be fair to Mullaney, all three kicks were from the touchline and were in swirling wind. The first one looked like it was accurate enough but just didn't have enough on it. It's the attacking play that's more of a worry. Doesn't matter who's kicking if we're not scoring tries, which we've rarely looked like doing in all but one game so far this season.

53 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
53 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.96484375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
tad rhino
3m
Film game
Boss Hog
3m