Mar 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2017May 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
38636.jpg
:38636.jpg

I've defended the doc in the past for what he's brought to our club and the sport in general, but when he does this I can't as it ultimately has a negative impact on the club.

RankPostsTeam
International Star154No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201510 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2016May 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Yes the Doc is a controversial character and doesn't give a flying Fc*uk what the RFL or other owners think of him, but at the end of the day he's putting by far the most money into the Sport and without him Salford would be in the Championship with only a dream of getting back into the Super League.

Despite all the off the field controversies and unfair treatment by the RFL, he's still not giving up and has attracted the most high profile coach in the game to the club Tim Sheens. I would say we've got the best team of players we've ever had and over the next 3 years we will undoubted turn into a top 6 side.

The RFL have to be very carefully with Koukash, if they him off enough, he will leave and it's going to have an adverse effect on attracting future investment to the sport.

How many clubs in Super League make a profit every year? 4? That means that the sport is ultimately dependent on wealthy fans like Koukash who decided to invest in there favorite club. Don't off the people who are putting their money in and who are more powerful than the people who run the game ie Nigel Wood and Blake Solly it will bite you in the !

RankPostsTeam
International Star3213
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Aug 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
68505_1605979550.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_68505.jpg

Quote: DEVILS2015 "Yes the Doc is a controversial character and doesn't give a flying Fc*uk what the RFL or other owners think of him, but at the end of the day he's putting by far the most money into the Sport and without him Salford would be in the Championship with only a dream of getting back into the Super League.

Despite all the off the field controversies and unfair treatment by the RFL, he's still not giving up and has attracted the most high profile coach in the game to the club Tim Sheens. I would say we've got the best team of players we've ever had and over the next 3 years we will undoubted turn into a top 6 side.

The RFL have to be very carefully with Koukash, if they mickey him off enough, he will leave and it's going to have an adverse effect on attracting future investment to the sport.

How many clubs in Super League make a profit every year? 4? That means that the sport is ultimately dependent on wealthy fans like Koukash who decided to invest in there favorite club. Don't mickey off the people who are putting their money in and who are more powerful than the people who run the game ie Nigel Wood and Blake Solly it will bite you in the booty!'"

So you think the game should be beholden to a few wealthy owners and their whims? That doesn't sound like a good plan for long term stability

RankPostsTeam
International Star80
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201312 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2017Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Seems a bit rubbish that it will affect the current squad, especially since they've been one of the teams that have shaken up the beginning of this season and made the comp more interesting, turning over some of the "big" teams.
For me, if the allegations are true, any punishment should be on the owner (and/or whoever else was part of any arrangement devised to bypass the rules).
In racing, for instance, there are punishments that bar individuals from being involved in the sport for x years.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach10390No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11969.jpg
Me and are kid (TheButcher) putting the world two rights. ERIC SHAW PREDICTION LEAGUE & PLAY OFFS WINNER 2013 Don't like it? Well Frack off then. Energy & progress for all. Foe is our friend. mitie mouse, Lancetodd, Marshy1, eccles star, Dantes Inferno, Philyourboots, biggunbrad, DAVE@CAS1990, RED LEAGUE, OzWelsh, Red-Devils-PAW, newgroundb4wakey All blocked - Go ahead punk make my day.:11969.jpg

The Doc has obviously been reamed (to the point of prolapse no doubt) over the last few seasons buy fancy dan players, agents, advisers and in SOME cases by the RFL, you would wonder if the powers that be now take a line that as a business man he has lost what he cherishes most IE series amounts of money and levies at him/the club a less punitive punishment with a private any more and we pull the rug from under you.

I would also love to know who has been advising the Doc during all this, you can bet they have a pretty penny for this advice despite it on the surface being dubious to say the least.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1583No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Oct 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
71261_1683968120.jpeg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_71261.jpeg

Quote: DEVILS2015 "Yes the Doc is a controversial character and doesn't give a flying Fc*uk what the RFL or other owners think of him, but at the end of the day he's putting by far the most money into the Sport and without him Salford would be in the Championship with only a dream of getting back into the Super League.

The RFL have to be very carefully with Koukash, if they mickey him off enough, he will leave and it's going to have an adverse effect on attracting future investment to the sport.

How many clubs in Super League make a profit every year? 4? That means that the sport is ultimately dependent on wealthy fans like Koukash who decided to invest in there favorite club. Don't mickey off the people who are putting their money in and who are more powerful than the people who run the game ie Nigel Wood and Blake Solly it will bite you in the booty!'"

What unfair treatment by the RFL are you referring to?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2833No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2022Apr 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I know this might be controversial, but has anyone found anywhere where the RFL have stated the maximum penalty is 20 points?
The only thing I can see is that the RFL have stated is that they have "issued charges in relation to alleged breaches" of the salary cap. Notice the plural.
Now, my understanding (which is just MY understanding and might not be correct) is that each charge will carry a maximum penalty of 20 points.
So, if there are two charges (one for breaching the cap in 2014 and one for doing so in 2015) and each offence carries a maximum points dedication of 20 points, this is a possible total of 40 points.
Additionally, if there is a seperate charge for making undisclosed payments to players (which is a different operational rule from actually breaching the cap financially) there could be further deductions. For each player the club have paid outside the operational rules there could be a further 20 point penalty. So (just hypothetically of course) if payments outside the operational rules have been made to Puletua, Chase, Locke, Tim Smith and Hock that could potentially be a total further deduction of 100 points (we are up to 140 points so far).

I know it's unlikely, but they only FACTS we know are that there is more than one offence and every offence of breaching the operational rules carries a maximum deduction of 20 points.

RankPostsTeam
International Star180No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2019Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

FLY STRAIGHT WITH PERFECTION.:

If you think cockrash is good for this game then your f****n deluded....The sooner that cretin f***s off the better........ a026.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star154No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201510 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2016May 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: roofaldo2 "So you think the game should be beholden to a few wealthy owners and their whims? That doesn't sound like a good plan for long term stability'"

I think the Sports governing body should understand that the clubs are ultimately dependent on rich owners like Koukash, Beaumont, Pearson etc. There's only about 4/5 clubs that are self sustainable, if the RFL keep screwing over the people who are putting the most money into the game they will lose out on future investment in the Sports.

Hypothetically Marwan Koukash comes out of Salford now and goes to the press and claims he has lost £5m trying to do his best to help the game of RL but ultimately failed in the process. When someone with a few quids fancies financially supporting their club in the future they may see that and think twice before putting their hard earned cash in.

RankPostsTeam
International Star154No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201510 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2016May 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Keiththered "What unfair treatment by the RFL are you referring to?'"

A lot of promises that were made to him when he took over the club.

Not many people know this but the RFL have taken away £50,000 funding per year away from our academy for the next 4 YEARS

Excessive fines just because he's got a few quid. Fielding 14 players fined £15,000 Saints did the same and got fined jack $h1t!

The ridiculous points deduction whats about to take place even though Wigan, Warrington, Catalan and Leeds are all miles over the cap too, or have been in the past but it's been simply swept under the carpet.

Honestly who the hell would even bother putting the money in it must drive you insane with these ar$e holes at Red Hall running the show.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2833No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2022Apr 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: DEVILS2015 "A lot of promises that were made to him when he took over the club.

Not many people know this but the RFL have taken away £50,000 funding per year away from our academy for the next 4 YEARS

Excessive fines just because he's got a few quid. Fielding 14 players fined £15,000 Saints did the same and got fined jack $h1t!

The ridiculous points deduction whats about to take place even though Wigan, Warrington, Catalan and Leeds are all miles over the cap too, or have been in the past but it's been simply swept under the carpet.

Honestly who the hell would even bother putting the money in it must drive you insane with these ar$e holes at Red Hall running the show.'"

You are Marwan Koukash and I claim my £5.00.

RankPostsTeam
International Star154No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201510 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2016May 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: jetblack74 "If you think cockrash is good for this game then your f****n deluded....The sooner that cretin f***s off the better........
Where did I say that Koukash is good for the game?

Businessmen like himself and Simon Moran who are pouring millions into the sport are good for the game.

I'll say it again the sports is dependent on MILLIONAIRES money apart from a small amount of self-sustainable clubs, without them we have no game and we certainly won't be able to take the sport to the next level which is what we need to achieve in this country. The growth of Super League is awful compared to the NRL and Rugby Union.

RankPostsTeam
International Star154No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201510 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2016May 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: nottinghamtiger "You are Marwan Koukash and I claim my £5.00.'"

I'm not and you can give me that £5 after Carney scores the winner next Sunday icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2833No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2022Apr 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: DEVILS2015 "I'm not and you can give me that £5 after Carney scores the winner next Sunday
Unfortunately I think this is more than likely.
It will certainly be interesting to see how he copes with the reception he will no doubt get from players and fans alike.
Just hope I don't have the pleasepurenormsitting next to Koukash again this year.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner626No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2017Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Evening sheriff still getting your jollies out off this
Guess it gives the sixth fingers some exercise

145 posts in 11 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed
145 posts in 11 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.49365234375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Round 26 Wigan Away
Once were Lo
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC