FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Salford Red Devils > MCRAE AND SIMMS OUT NOW!!!
111 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach10390No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11969.jpg
Me and are kid (TheButcher) putting the world two rights. ERIC SHAW PREDICTION LEAGUE & PLAY OFFS WINNER 2013 Don't like it? Well Frack off then. Energy & progress for all. Foe is our friend. mitie mouse, Lancetodd, Marshy1, eccles star, Dantes Inferno, Philyourboots, biggunbrad, DAVE@CAS1990, RED LEAGUE, OzWelsh, Red-Devils-PAW, newgroundb4wakey All blocked - Go ahead punk make my day.:11969.jpg

Quote: matthewgilray "Like most on here I'm extremely dissapointed at the moment.

As for Sacking Mcrea though. Can the club really afford to sack him, how many of the previous coaches are we still paying off ? I've been a fan for 20 years, Kevin Tamati was in charge since then every manager has got sacked, and it's the same story, a new bloke comes in complains about inherting a squad, sacks a load of the players brings in new players, they dont perform so the manager gets sacked and we're back where we started.

Also why was Mcrea given a four & 1/2 year deal, he took us over as were were already doomed 1/2 a year. That gave him 4 years to build, so he banked on getting us back into superleague, which he did. so he's got 3 years left I think he knew when he signed we'd struggle back and to cover himself he wanted a long contract.

Based on this I've been prepared to stick by him and let him see the job out, for one thing the club need a bit of stability. But as the weeks go on i'm getting more and more frustrated.

Assuming we can't afford to sack him, & he leaves by mutual consent and because no one is available, what about letting Naylor and Hunte have a go at first team coaching, or as a last resort lets try and tempt Cullen away from Widnes.

Rant over.'"

Sweet mother of Jesus I would rather get Harvie or Jack back than let Cullen near Salford.

I think letting Naylor and Hunt try for the rest of the year seems like a fair notion and I personally think that Robbie Paul will go on to become a top notch coach so let him take over some of the academy duties that Hunt wont be able to do.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member2898No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2015May 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3596.jpg
this will not be the end, or even the beginning of the end. It is merely the end of the beginning [img:1mcv36at]http://homepage.eircom.net/~bray/em/oguinn.gif[/img:1mcv36at] [img:1mcv36at]http://homepage.eircom.net/~bray/em/msperv-l.gif[/img:1mcv36at]:3596.jpg

Quote: redhope "Tis if we have no money how can we afford to pay off SMs contract ? Plus if we could find £100/150000 (?) for this would it be better keeping him and using this to bolster the team ??

'"

There should be no reward for failure, until the sporting world realise this, we will always be left in this position and that goes for players contracts too. There's too much namby pamby sp? theses days. Contracts should be set out on a win bonus structure only, not a guaranteed lump sum every month.

After hearing Mcraes comments he should do the honourable thing and walk.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4314
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2018Sep 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32990_1435324474.jpg
First accept sadness. Realise that without losing 70% of the time, winning wouldn't be such a relief.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_32990.jpg

Quote: The Black Cat "

After hearing Mcraes comments he should do the honourable thing and walk.'"

Would you walk away Black Cat if you were him with 2.5 years left on a contract, knowing it would almost definately be your last coaching job?

Maybe a cheaper solution for the club would be to bring in a new assistant with some new ideas and enthusiasm? Perhaps someone that can motivate and get more from the players, I know it's not ideal but its worth a go surely?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach203No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2012Dec 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Michigan red "Sweet mother of Jesus I would rather get Harvie or Jack back than let Cullen near Salford.

I think letting Naylor and Hunt try for the rest of the year seems like a fair notion and I personally think that Robbie Paul will go on to become a top notch coach so let him take over some of the academy duties that Hunt wont be able to do.'"

I think Naylor is just as liable, hes the assistant to a loser.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member2898No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2015May 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3596.jpg
this will not be the end, or even the beginning of the end. It is merely the end of the beginning [img:1mcv36at]http://homepage.eircom.net/~bray/em/oguinn.gif[/img:1mcv36at] [img:1mcv36at]http://homepage.eircom.net/~bray/em/msperv-l.gif[/img:1mcv36at]:3596.jpg

Quote: theredshed "Would you walk away Black Cat if you were him with 2.5 years left on a contract, knowing it would almost definately be your last coaching job?

'"

No, I'd make the b[ia[/istards who are grinding me down suffer for the two and a half years icon_lol.gif icon_wink.gif

I'm still after getting Paul Groves the job, so maybe he could come in as understudy and install some Salford steel mentality into the dressing room icon_twisted.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4314
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2018Sep 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32990_1435324474.jpg
First accept sadness. Realise that without losing 70% of the time, winning wouldn't be such a relief.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_32990.jpg

Quote: Repo "I think Naylor is just as liable, hes the assistant to a loser.'"

Yes I agree, it's obvious the existing coaching set up isn't having any positive effect at improving the team's performance.

I think it's time for some new blood in the coaching team, a person than can get the respect of players and instill some new confidence and belief.

Keep McRae on to do the media interviews and let the new guy get on with the day-to-day coaching! icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5410No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
34340_1322737278.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_34340.jpg

As an outsider looking in I can see why there's so much anti McCrae feeling around. I know a lot of comparisons have been made between salford this year and Cas last year and us the year before but for me the comparison isn't valid.

Although both us and cas took a few beatings in our 1st years in SL we always went into games competetive and gave the fans bright moments. Salford on Sunday where by far the worst team I've seen at CP in our SL years. Atleast Celtic looked bright in spells and we played quite well against them. I thought we were awful on Sunday and still managed to get 48 points scored. I was quite worried at half time as it was the worst I've seen us play all year.

Hats off to those who travelled, I go to all the away games but have to admit if I had to watch performances llike that every week I doubt I still would.

The buck must stop with McCrae, its his squad now and he doesn;'t look to have improved much on a team that weren't that convincing in NL1. I hope for you lads you get rid of the useless aussie and at least get a young English coach in and give him a try.

The other parallel I've found between HKR and Salford is that Mc is on sky every week as was Morgan in the 1st year and this never goes down well when the teams not performing. Morgan stopped this last year and has only now started to appear again.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2163No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2017Apr 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons077e_files/5348-2890lipst1ck_d0rk-msnicons.jpg
:icons077e_files/5348-2890lipst1ck_d0rk-msnicons.jpg

Quote: Repo "I think Naylor is just as liable, hes the assistant to a loser.'"
[

I have already eluded to Naylor in other posts, he looks so disinterested & I for one could not see him motivating the team, his body language gives out the signal of "i'm not interested" He doesnt look as though he could inspire & instill some sense of acheivment into the players. During games, he sits in the dugout, arms/legs crossed as though he is having a siesta. There is no get up & go from him, standing at the "technical area" shouting encouragement etc.

As Theredshed says, think the time is right to do some changes & maybe its in that position, get some one who the squad will give & get some respect from & encourage them to have some belief in themselves & maybe we can kick on.
It needs doing sooner rather than later so we can build on it now, I know we have the licence period, but we dont want to be in the same position as Karl & Shaun were in sort of writing this season off & starting afresh next, because by then we may not have many home fans which would be a blow to our finance

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4314
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2018Sep 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32990_1435324474.jpg

Quote: billybradshawsmum "
Quote: billybradshawsmum "Ithink the time is right to do some changes & maybe its in that position, get some one who the squad will give & get some respect from & encourage them to have some belief in themselves & maybe we can kick on.
'"
'"

Lets face it the sh[ii[/it is growing in every direction and McRae needs a big number two quickly to relieve the pressure and save his sore a[ir[/ise. There must be some movement soon or the bottom of the pile beckon's icon_eek.gif icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach203No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2012Dec 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: billybradshawsmum "
Quote: billybradshawsmum "I think Naylor is just as liable, hes the assistant to a loser.'"
[

I have already eluded to Naylor in other posts, he looks so disinterested & I for one could not see him motivating the team, his body language gives out the signal of "i'm not interested" He doesnt look as though he could inspire & instill some sense of acheivment into the players. During games, he sits in the dugout, arms/legs crossed as though he is having a siesta. There is no get up & go from him, standing at the "technical area" shouting encouragement etc.

As Theredshed says, think the time is right to do some changes & maybe its in that position, get some one who the squad will give & get some respect from & encourage them to have some belief in themselves & maybe we can kick on.
It needs doing sooner rather than later so we can build on it now, I know we have the licence period, but we dont want to be in the same position as Karl & Shaun were in sort of writing this season off & starting afresh next, because by then we may not have many home fans which would be a blow to our finance'"
'"

What is Paul Sculthorpe doing? Consumate professional, didn't fancy him joining us as a player but as an assistant manager its a different proposition entirely.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach181No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200817 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2015Aug 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
36460_1266173918.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_36460.jpg

Quote: Repo "
Quote: Repo "

What is Paul Sculthorpe doing? Consumate professional, didn't fancy him joining us as a player but as an assistant manager its a different proposition entirely.'"
'"

Community director at Saints I think. Wouldn't be a bad shout given that he's probably going to want a full time coaches job in the future and would need some assistant coaching experience before getting one. Think McRae was the coach that took him to Saints as well.

san
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman518No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2012Feb 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1020.jpg
i pull up to the front of your driveway, magic soaking my spine , can you read my mind.........:1020.jpg

Dont know why changing the coach is the answer when the issues are due to the fallout from pre season. icon_rolleyes.gif

Bringing Alker back has done nothing for the team,although some players might have wanted him back,some obviously did not ,so catch 22 I`m afraid

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner1103No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2014Jan 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

And that was really the point where McRae should have imposed his authority!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach205No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2017Jan 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp005.gif
:simpsons/simp005.gif

I feel we really do need somebody on the sidelines to fire the team up.That is whats sadly lacking at the moment.Naylor has NEVER looked interested,maybe thats just the way he is.But thats no good to the team!
I still say Goulding is the man for that job.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner2178No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2016Apr 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7833_1305068283.jpg
Bring Back The BIFF ! (Britain & Ireland Frack Free):d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_7833.jpg

Wer`re in in enough trouble as it is without signing Bobby Goulding to the coaching staff.

111 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
111 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.10986328125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Squad for London
MorePlaymake
5m
Le Cats at home - Los Alomos Custers Last Stand
UllFC
29m