JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2016Dec 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6673.jpg
-------------------------------------------------------- Winner, Salford Reds RL Prediction League 2005 -------------------------------------------------------- Founder Member: Chorley Reds Chapter --------------------------------------------------------:6673.jpg

Quote: german red "Your intitled to your opinion madrid,but i cant see us signing anyone as good as luke for next season,i hope im wrong....'"

Think you're right, unfortunately, but hope we at least sign someone who WANTS to play for our team and doesn't slag Salford off!

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner239No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2014Jul 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons3d44_files/4753-863FALH-msnicons.jpg
One of the original shed members est 1985:icons3d44_files/4753-863FALH-msnicons.jpg

Just on final point,Luke patten will proberbly sweep the board come the end of season awards,i only hope he appreciates the support what the genuine supporters have given him these past two seasons.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1301No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2022Mar 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I suspect him going home a year early suits the club,as it reduces the wage bill.
The club may even have suggested it.
'Best fullback since Gary Broadbent' . Wow,I bet he's chuffed !
We've played the best attacking rugby for many years and he's been a big part of that.
He must wish he'd signed for a better club and he would have been fantastic.
Think he has handled his MEN column pretty well.
All in all he's been good,albeit his performance under the highball has not been to Gary Broadbent standard .

RankPostsTeam
International Star79No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2013Feb 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I like patten as a player but i hope he doesnt advise his clients in his future role to come out in the press and suggest the club are unprofessional. What people dont understand is that Salford have not got the resources of the bigger clubs we have to cut our gloth accordingly i mean what do some people want the club to do???? One thing i am uncomfortable with is the moaning and condasending way in which patten and his mate holdsworth talk about the club that has given them a good wage over the last few years,if i spoke about my employer in this way id expect to be in trouble.The doom and gloom mungers on this forum are as bad players come and go true fans support the club forever through thick and thin so for those so called fans why dont you leave the club alone and go find something else to do your boring.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach961No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2021Jul 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: lancetodd "Luke Patten,thinks we have faltered because we let Smith go,in all his articles he as called a spade,how refreshing
I wonder with hindsight would he have still come over,I no his last article was seen to be having a go at the club,
some would say his piece this week is in the same vain,I don't agree.good luck on his retirement and with is
new career as an agent,will he recommend any players to us.'"

I don't buy the MEN now mainly because of its main??? Rugby League writer but off what people have said about the articles, Luke has turned out to be a bit like Neil Barker he usually says what people already know and that is despite some fans thinking that Matty Smith was not good enough but boy have we missed him, what did you think about Matty?

Let face it Lance, Luke came over for three years, was as we understand it encouraged to come by his best mate and he is supposedly on good money as well, so yes he would have still come in my opinion.

If the money is right as any good agent Luke will be after the best deal for his clients, will he recommend that they honour their contracts though?

As a player I personally think that Luke as been great for the club on the pitch, great at any meeting that I have heard him speak but unfortunately some of his articles as they have been explained to myself by others aren't all that good, but it is the MEN after all and does Neil Barker hype them up or down?

How did you rate Luke as a player?

I hope that he enjoys his retirement at whatever career path that he chooses.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach216No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2014May 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
31185.jpg
:31185.jpg

Spot on Madrid.

Great improvement this season but still wont catch a high ball, which has cost us dear.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1760No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2013Jun 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15722.jpg
:15722.jpg

First season here shocking.
Started second season in the same vain of form as his first.
Said he was retiring/bottling it/spitting his dummy out and he starts to play.
End of season back to his previous displays.

Whinging Ozzie barstool who I wil not miss one iota

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman4918
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2016May 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
cartoons/WB35.gif
:cartoons/WB35.gif

Compare Patten's column to that of another fullback in Sam Tomkins. Tomkins always has something ositive to say, Patten uses his to comlain about his employer or to tout DJ around.

This is a guy who could do so much for the juniors in the area and at the club but instead chooses to be Mr Negative.

He is a great attacking fullback, maybe this is the first time he has had to work hard defensively and been found wanting.

He won't be on my lisy of legends at the club, just another whinning Aussie.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1301No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2022Mar 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

As opposed to another whining Reds supporter!

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman4918
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2016May 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
cartoons/WB35.gif
:cartoons/WB35.gif

Nothing is 100% good or bad. Any manager knows you have give some positives as well as "telling it how it is"

Patten only does one of these,

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1749No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2014Nov 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46828_1381397654.png
[b:1ut2mx8s][color=#FF0000:1ut2mx8s]Devils Disciples required - No initiation ceremony needed just enter AJ Bell Stadium on Gameday to be accepted.[/color:1ut2mx8s][/b:1ut2mx8s]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_46828.png

Quote: Red Willow "Any manager knows you have give some positives as well as "telling it how it is"
'"

It seems to have gone very quiet since the management consultancy by Steuer Gregsson brought about a little publicity and a change or two.
It may be beneficial to be told 'how it is' at the moment.
The club who have the hex over us,on the field,have gone public with a reference to their supporters
rlHererl and getting publicised rlHererl

Finishing higher in the Super League than a proven successful coach is a very good achievement but the 2nd year of a 3 years Licence is vitally important.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman2524
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1217.jpg
Knowledge flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings:1217.jpg

Quote: SCR-SeaDiver "It seems to have gone very quiet since the management consultancy by Steuer Gregsson brought about a little publicity and a change or two.
It may be beneficial to be told 'how it is' at the moment.
The club who have the hex over us,on the field,have gone public with a reference to their supporters
rlHererl and getting publicised rlHererl

Finishing higher in the Super League than a proven successful coach is a very good achievement but the 2nd year of a 3 years Licence is vitally important.'"

Those links are fascinating - although he's writing about Cas, it could be us or any of the other bottom feeders in the league. He makes it quite clear, to compete at the top level you need quality players, to get them you have to compete on salaries, to do that you need to be able to pay the full cap - for that you need consistently good gates or external investment - can we see that coming at Salford?

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman6769No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2013Aug 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons39ad_files/4795-1859san_c-msnicons.jpg
Holts Sweet Holts Never Drink on an Empty Head BIGPEV THE ONLY MAN TO GET A REAL INJURY AT THE STOOP:icons39ad_files/4795-1859san_c-msnicons.jpg

His articles critical of his employer and yet he is still in a job, my niece wasn't so lucky she mentioned on facebook how boring her office job was, this was brought to the attention of the management and she was sacked with no redress, less than 1 years employment. Perhaps the board are unaware of what Patten writes in his weekly whine at Salford.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach10390No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11969.jpg
Me and are kid (TheButcher) putting the world two rights. ERIC SHAW PREDICTION LEAGUE & PLAY OFFS WINNER 2013 Don't like it? Well Frack off then. Energy & progress for all. Foe is our friend. mitie mouse, Lancetodd, Marshy1, eccles star, Dantes Inferno, Philyourboots, biggunbrad, DAVE@CAS1990, RED LEAGUE, OzWelsh, Red-Devils-PAW, newgroundb4wakey All blocked - Go ahead punk make my day.:11969.jpg

menmedia.co.uk/manchesterevening ... -sad-story

Dare anyone to contradict what's in Pattens article this week.

Think he hits the nail right on the head with the bit about big Ray and Mark Henry (who I personally didn't want to see go in the first place). Think the reference to Cashmere is a none to subtle hint to the club that recruitment needs to first and foremost source and secure one if not two big no nonsense props and then look at the backs.
menmedia.co.uk/manchesterevening ... -sad-story

Think he hits the nail right on the head with the bit about big Ray and Mark Henry (who I personally didn't want to see go in the first place). Think the reference to Cashmere is a none to subtle hint to the club that recruitment needs to first and foremost source and secure one if not two big no nonsense props and then look at the backs.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner3356
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons1949_files/4193-180guyguyme2003-msnicons.gif
The fans, the members, the people there.. from the day I stepped foot onto that field at the AJ Bell Stadium,I knew I would love that club for the rest of my life. "Jackson Hastings".. Worry a little bit every day and in a lifetime you will lose a couple of years. If something is wrong, fix it if you can. But train yourself not to worry. Worry never fixes anything. Mary Hemmingway, US journalist,widow of Ernest Hemmingway (1908-1986) The Stupid Neither Forgive Nor Forget The Naive Forgive And Forget The Wise Forgive But Don't Forget "I am not young enough to know everything" Oscar Wilde Irish Playwright (1854-1900) One likes people much better when they're battered down by a prodigious siege of misfortune than when they triumph. virginia woolf (1882-1941):icons1949_files/4193-180guyguyme2003-msnicons.gif

Quote: Michigan red "menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/sport/rugby_league/s/1587503_luke-patten-column-salford-reds-slide-a-sad-story

Think he hits the nail right on the head with the bit about big Ray and Mark Henry (who I personally didn't want to see go in the first place). Think the reference to Cashmere is a none to subtle hint to the club that recruitment needs to first and foremost source and secure one if not two big no nonsense props and then look at the backs.'"

Fair assessment I think, doesn't bode well for crowd figures against Wakefield, who's going to pull a score out of their pocket to watch a dead rubber, season ticket holders and Wakey fans only (if they can make the eight) ? .

A sad story indeed.

36 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed
36 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.71337890625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
9m
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
9m