Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1217.jpg
Knowledge flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings:1217.jpg

I think you are missing the rather obvious point that "we" couldn't charge Salford City any rent! It's the stadium company that charges the rent.

RankPostsTeam
International Star306No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2015Jul 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

2712 today. what an utter embarrassment. London were only just under that.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner5594
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Aug 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6329_1327085433.jpg
...Diagnosing SBD (Sporting Bipolar Disorder) since 2003... Negs bringing down the tone of your forum? Keyboard Bell-endery tiresome? Embarrassed by some of your own fans? Then you need... TheButcher I must be STOPPED!! Vice Chairman of The Scarlet Turkey Clique Grand Wizard Shill of Nibiru Prime & Dark Globe Champion Chairman of 'The Neil Barker School for gifted Clowns' "A Local Forum. For Local People":d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6329.jpg

Quote: southern_rhino "2712 today. what an utter embarrassment. London were only just under that.'"

So?

RankPostsTeam
International Star519No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2017May 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: southern_rhino "2712 today. what an utter embarrassment. London were only just under that.'"

Is this seriously the attendance? Looked a lot more than vs Hull to me. Bloody hell that's disappointing if it's right.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1301No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2022Mar 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Something dodgy about the declared attendance figures

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach10390No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11969.jpg
Me and are kid (TheButcher) putting the world two rights. ERIC SHAW PREDICTION LEAGUE & PLAY OFFS WINNER 2013 Don't like it? Well Frack off then. Energy & progress for all. Foe is our friend. mitie mouse, Lancetodd, Marshy1, eccles star, Dantes Inferno, Philyourboots, biggunbrad, DAVE@CAS1990, RED LEAGUE, OzWelsh, Red-Devils-PAW, newgroundb4wakey All blocked - Go ahead punk make my day.:11969.jpg

I (and the people I go to the games with) thought it wasn't that bad a crowd.

Doesn't help when you have a season ticket that you had to get re printed twice today.

Close, but not quite!

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach655No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2019Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Todd Snape Wilkinson Koukash The Faithful!:

Quote: Bonita Red "Something dodgy about the declared attendance figures'"

Yeah, agree with that thought.....

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4314
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2018Sep 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32990_1435324474.jpg
First accept sadness. Realise that without losing 70% of the time, winning wouldn't be such a relief.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_32990.jpg

We are still paying the price for that extremely disappointing performance against Saints I'm afraid. Cas is a must win game now if we hope to drag in a lot more next time. The sceptics will be expecting nothing more than a loss on Friday.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman2524
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1217.jpg
Knowledge flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings:1217.jpg

When are we going to stop kidding ourselves that there is a magic bullet solution to crowd numbers?
It will require a lot more than just a good run of results in a single season. It will need some years of consistency from the team, sound marketing from the club and continuing investment from the owners.
The fundamental problem (IMO) is that the cities of Salford and Manchester are now football towns (Manchester of course always was), stop any kid in the street and ask them their favourite sport and who they want to play for and the answer won't be "rugby league" and "Salford Red Devils". Any strategy to improve the attendance must recognise and start to address that and there is no way that will be a short term fix.
There are some reasons for optimism though - we do have a team capable of delivering better than we've seen for many a year, we do have an owner with financial clout and undoubted enthusiasm, we do have a management team with ideas and who are seemingly open to advice (eg from Tim Sheens), the stadium access improvements are happening (though far too slowly). All these factors can certainly help in moving us to the level at which we would like to be.
That said, there still has to be a realistic approach to the attendance problem. It isn't going to change overnight, it will be a slow growth (Warrington provide perhaps the best example) but it is achievable.
We must though stop shooting ourselves in the foot - scheduling a fixture with United at home and on Mothering Sunday was never going to produce a bumper crowd now was it?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach678No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2018Sep 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: BartonFlyer "When are we going to stop kidding ourselves that there is a magic bullet solution to crowd numbers?
It will require a lot more than just a good run of results in a single season. It will need some years of consistency from the team, sound marketing from the club and continuing investment from the owners.
The fundamental problem (IMO) is that the cities of Salford and Manchester are now football towns (Manchester of course always was), stop any kid in the street and ask them their favourite sport and who they want to play for and the answer won't be "rugby league" and "Salford Red Devils". Any strategy to improve the attendance must recognise and start to address that and there is no way that will be a short term fix.
There are some reasons for optimism though - we do have a team capable of delivering better than we've seen for many a year, we do have an owner with financial clout and undoubted enthusiasm, we do have a management team with ideas and who are seemingly open to advice (eg from Tim Sheens), the stadium access improvements are happening (though far too slowly). All these factors can certainly help in moving us to the level at which we would like to be.
That said, there still has to be a realistic approach to the attendance problem. It isn't going to change overnight, it will be a slow growth (Warrington provide perhaps the best example) but it is achievable.
We must though stop shooting ourselves in the foot - scheduling a fixture with United at home and on Mothering Sunday was never going to produce a bumper crowd now was it?'"

eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach10390No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11969.jpg
Me and are kid (TheButcher) putting the world two rights. ERIC SHAW PREDICTION LEAGUE & PLAY OFFS WINNER 2013 Don't like it? Well Frack off then. Energy & progress for all. Foe is our friend. mitie mouse, Lancetodd, Marshy1, eccles star, Dantes Inferno, Philyourboots, biggunbrad, DAVE@CAS1990, RED LEAGUE, OzWelsh, Red-Devils-PAW, newgroundb4wakey All blocked - Go ahead punk make my day.:11969.jpg

Quote: BartonFlyer "scheduling a fixture with United at home and on Mothering Sunday was never going to produce a bumper crowd now was it?'"

There you hit the nail on the head.

Surely today everyone who came should have been able to bring Mum for free.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4314
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2018Sep 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32990_1435324474.jpg
First accept sadness. Realise that without losing 70% of the time, winning wouldn't be such a relief.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_32990.jpg

Quote: BartonFlyer "When are we going to stop kidding ourselves that there is a magic bullet solution to crowd numbers?
We must though stop shooting ourselves in the foot - scheduling a fixture with United at home and on Mothering Sunday was never going to produce a bumper crowd now was it?'"

I agree with a lot you are saying but I firmly believe that increased numbers can be achieved sooner with a team producing good results and creating a feel good factor. Go back to 2006 and compare numbers to the previous few years. I appreciate you could say that was at the Willows but when we were there many people complained about the old facilties and worrying about having their cars vandalised. Also lets not forget the opening game against Leeds in 2007 drew in about 8500 after a good season the year prior.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach397No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2019Feb 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I really think vickers isnt doing enough to bring crowds in apart from social media and half the time hes just moaning. Well we play leeds on the same day as the manchester derby so get ready for a bad day in the stands there

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member4159No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2019Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1602.jpg
Sad preacher nailed upon the coloured door of time; Insane teacher be there reminded of the rhyme. There'll be no mutant enemy we shall certify; Political ends, as sad remains, will die.:1602.jpg

The stadium is becoming a nightmare to get to ON PUBLIC TRANSPORT.

Yesterday, I left my home in Rochdale before 12:30. I accept that the journey times were affected by the 20-25 mins walk to and from the station and by that no trains were running from Rochdale to Manchester (and back) so the relief bus had to be used. However I got home after 19:30. I had ten mins in a pub as I refused to wait in the cold outside Victoria but that did not affect the times.
Put into the equation that I was lucky to share a taxi with two other Salford fans (thanks lads) from Eccles to the ground and was offered a lift to Eccles after the match.

For some reason, the number of 67 and 100 s going to Barton on a Sunday have been cut in favour of more going to the Trafford Centre. I will have to plan far more carefully when I arrive at Shudehill.

But imagine I had brought a friend. Of the 7 hours, 1 1/2 hours at the game, and 10 mins in a pub. I.E. 5 hours 20 mins travelling.I cannot see that person travelling again.
From Rochdale/north Oldham on a Sunday,it's quicker to get to Warrington, Widnes, Wigan, Saints, Huddersfield, and Leeds. Cas and Wakefield are comparable in time/trouble.

There are several Salfordians living in Rochdale.

GT
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner11532
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jan 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6248_1358341317.jpg
[b:2akkj491]Jeb End Reds[/b:2akkj491] [color=#FF0000:2akkj491][b:2akkj491][url=hhtp://www/foreverreds.co.uk/:2akkj491]SUPPORT FOREVER REDS - THE SALFORD CITY REDS SUPPORTERS' TRUST[/url:2akkj491][/b:2akkj491][/color:2akkj491] [b:2akkj491][color=red:2akkj491]MUFC[/color:2akkj491] ~ FCUM ~ [color=red:2akkj491]SRLFC[/color:2akkj491] ~ LCCC[/b:2akkj491] [url=http://undergreylancastrianskies.blogspot.com/:2akkj491]My Blog[/url:2akkj491] ~ [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/8580799@N06/:2akkj491]My Flickr[/url:2akkj491]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6248.jpg

Quote: Early Bath "This.

Maybe the club should go on the road in 2016.'"

Or maybe we should see how we are once the team is consistently decent, rather than just being a couple of years into rebuilding after 30-odd years of disappointment?

If we're challenging for the playoffs every year and getting 2,000 or so I'll worry. Until then, how about we stop thinking the club in Salford is doomed at every opportunity? Then again, I'm starting to think some people can't wait for the club to drop the whole "Salford" thing, to be honest...

83 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed
83 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.30517578125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
17m
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
17m