JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2013Aug 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons39ad_files/4795-1859san_c-msnicons.jpg
Holts Sweet Holts Never Drink on an Empty Head BIGPEV THE ONLY MAN TO GET A REAL INJURY AT THE STOOP:icons39ad_files/4795-1859san_c-msnicons.jpg

Quote: Dantes Inferno "Wilkinson and Tarry take some beating MM'"

yep DI you are correct it looks like Wilkie has been taking at least £30m a year out of Salford and not putting anything in, we have made him so much money he might just retire this year and let the club keep the £30m a year it makes.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member3987No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2016Jul 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Humans, male/MALE2.JPG
*** Missed one of Salford Red Devils Independent fan podcast DEVIL IN THE DETAIL use the link below and catch up, or our facebook page to get all upto date gossip facebook Devil in The Detail SRD [url]https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=270334099791871[url] catch up here [url]https://www.soundcloud.com/devil-in-the-detail-srd[/url] ***Salford City Reds #1 Prophet Of Fulfilment***:Humans, male/MALE2.JPG

If players leave for the money then its fair enough for me, dont want the club to bankrupt themselves trying to keep somebody, its a short career they need to fill their boots with as much cash as they can .

EB is spot on people demanding that Tarry / Simms are sacked but have no plan of action after ill tell you what would happen it would throw our club into a state of chaos and probably into meltdown our playing department wouldnt have a head to make decitions ect, our Administation side wouldnt have a Chief executive to bean count and basically make decitons.

At a push you might get one sacked after a reaily poor season in our new stadium and no growth at all off the field but asking for both is....well...bonkers in my opinion.

I just wish the usual suspects would come up with a plan so we can discuss it rationally, the positives and negatives, perhaps they might have a great idea which would allow us to grow as a club into the community but without disclosing it we will never know.

I do feel EB must have had a few beers celebrating on sunday to shoot across the bow like that but hay happy days, people shoot machine guns in the air sometimes to celebrate why cant EB icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner5594
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Aug 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6329_1327085433.jpg
...Diagnosing SBD (Sporting Bipolar Disorder) since 2003... Negs bringing down the tone of your forum? Keyboard Bell-endery tiresome? Embarrassed by some of your own fans? Then you need... TheButcher I must be STOPPED!! Vice Chairman of The Scarlet Turkey Clique Grand Wizard Shill of Nibiru Prime & Dark Globe Champion Chairman of 'The Neil Barker School for gifted Clowns' "A Local Forum. For Local People":d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6329.jpg

Quote: mitie mouse "Why, don`t you think we were terrific Sunday.Team up with EB,you two could be the next biggest comedy duo to hit the screens since Eric and Ernie.Your so funny.'"

I was referring to your schizophrenic prose and not the content particularly. Although the content can be hit and miss. Why do you think I'm funny? I wasn't trying to be funny.

eusa_think.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2990No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13977_1335458918.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_13977.jpg

Quote: lancetodd "So we now no the doyen and also Wilko's underling is still with us,aka Early Bath.Nice one,did you make sure he had
plenty of refreshments,at the Etihad,with Simms being on Vievers shoulder on the gantry.Well Early how many of the backs will be with us next season,I am not to bothered about Smith,but Gleeson is another matter,Moon is to good for
us and I am sure the two wingers will not be with us long well not If there agent is any good.Tell that to your mate
when you get the round of drinks,'"

lance is not the most miserable man in Salford but he certainly gets into the Final.

So because I support the club, the Board for their efforts and the players on the park I am Wilko`s underling am I? Well so be it - if you feel that way.

I can assure you my views differ from JAW but he is rowing our boat and sadly the crew are disappearing over the side yet the rats are still about at the bottom of the boat.

When I discussed with `JR Hartley` who sadly doesnt post on here any more `who was the miserable man on the left` re a pic in the programme earlier in the season - he told me that it was your good self lance. JR told me that after calling JAW during the week you are always keen to shake his hand after the match. Raise a smile for the camera next time chum.

By the way I think you may be pleasantly surprised with the squad lining up for next season. Personally I am more bothered about keeping our excellent coaching staff.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2990No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13977_1335458918.jpg

Quote: mitie mouse "HAHAHA.The 30 benefit man strikes again.When are you going to man up and answer the questions put to you,or are you a bigger comedian than the bloke in your avatar.Has for the game on Sunday,Salford were terrific.I was over the moon with the way the team kept on going when we went behind and won a famous victory. Oh why did`nt M R`s player of the year Adamson play?'"

Hello MM - you`ve been quiet this week. My 30+ ideas have gone to the right people and lets hope views are enacted.

I never realised you were old enough to know `Will Hay` who is in my Avatar. Learn something every day.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2990No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13977_1335458918.jpg

Quote: The optimist "
EB is spot on people demanding that Tarry / Simms are sacked but have no plan of action after ill tell you what would happen it would throw our club into a state of chaos and probably into meltdown our playing department wouldnt have a head to make decitions ect, our Administation side wouldnt have a Chief executive to bean count and basically make decitons.

I do feel EB must have had a few beers celebrating on sunday to shoot across the bow like that but hay happy days, people shoot machine guns in the air sometimes to celebrate why cant EB
Yes although not on the pop I certainly enjoyed the day and feel we played the best RL of the lot.

I feel Your view about the club is correct and as weve all said many a time - without JAW we would be in Administration and as many have pointed out he is 67 and the Good Lord gives us 3 score years and 10 so something needs to happen soon. I just feel he has had enough and its a good job he doesn`t read the Forum to see the vitriol coming from some posters on here.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4314
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2018Sep 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32990_1435324474.jpg
First accept sadness. Realise that without losing 70% of the time, winning wouldn't be such a relief.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_32990.jpg

Quote: Early Bath " without JAW we would be in Administration '"

You must be totally deluded Early Bath like myself and several other posters on here.

Without him and a couple of others Salford would be the most professional run sports club in history. In no time at all we’d be Superleague Champions, Wembley winners and World Club Champions. The squad would consist of 25 international superstars playing in front of 4921 average crowds and being paid several hundred grand below the salary cap.

Our marketing would move to a completely new level, the club would strike a deal with both Man Utd and Man City to put the Salford Reds name on their shirts in return for a few free tickets at Barton. The club could also profit from a TV advertising deal with Carlsberg . . If Carlsberg did rugby league clubs

We would be that good and have enough spare cash we could sign Sam Tompkins on a 3-year contract to just to be a ball boy!

Furthermore season tickets would cost £29.95, replica shirts £9.95, Match Programme £0.49p, refreshments including a pie and 4 pints £3.95.

Let the good times roll! high-five.gif Whoa some times . . I get a good feeling . . yeah

GT
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner11532
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jan 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6248_1358341317.jpg
[b:2akkj491]Jeb End Reds[/b:2akkj491] [color=#FF0000:2akkj491][b:2akkj491][url=hhtp://www/foreverreds.co.uk/:2akkj491]SUPPORT FOREVER REDS - THE SALFORD CITY REDS SUPPORTERS' TRUST[/url:2akkj491][/b:2akkj491][/color:2akkj491] [b:2akkj491][color=red:2akkj491]MUFC[/color:2akkj491] ~ FCUM ~ [color=red:2akkj491]SRLFC[/color:2akkj491] ~ LCCC[/b:2akkj491] [url=http://undergreylancastrianskies.blogspot.com/:2akkj491]My Blog[/url:2akkj491] ~ [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/8580799@N06/:2akkj491]My Flickr[/url:2akkj491]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6248.jpg

Quote: theredshed "Apparently the players have been getting tested at random during training for years. I think the problem is when players go out drinking and have the following day off. I heard the players are called in to training for rehab (Pardon the pun) the day after every match to deter them from going on the p*ss straight after matches. For instance if they play Friday they have to meet early Saturday morning but will have Sunday off.'"

That's fair, then. I realise there's only so much the club can do, but it is something that needs to be kept up with, especially if we want to get away from some of the previous cultures that can't have been doing us any good.

Quote: theredshed "Lighten up GT. Where have you been this year? Those mentioned have done nothing but malign & criticise the Board & staff - playing & otherwise in 2012 - for genuine fans of SCR their continued carping was just over the top especially as they had no alternative answers.'"

My problem is that there are two distinct groups on here now - those that, as you say, carp with no substance, answers or debating skills, but there's also those who just defend absolutely everything and shout down anyone who has any criticisms. That, to me, is equally as bad as the former. Surely it's better to have a rational, reasoned debate and ignore the balloons? Some of us do have some genuine concerns about some things at the club, but we're also not adverse to giving credit where it's due. The problem is that those concerns either get dismissed as being the opinions of the carpers, or it just gets lost in the bitching between the two factions.

My point being that a rational post making the point that things on Sunday went our way without singling out individuals would have made for a better discussion, which is what this forum is meant to be for. As it is, it became a petty, points-scoring exercise. And just to prove a point, there have been some rational posts in there that were dismissed as being from "anti-management for no reason" people.

Quote: theredshed "It was such a great day for the club on Sunday where we played above our weight in front of a big audience which just may ignite passions from within the City and elsewhere. Lets hope so.'"

That I agree with whole-heartedly.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach844No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2013Jun 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
fonds transparents/Catbert.gif
:fonds transparents/Catbert.gif

Quote: GT "That's fair, then. I realise there's only so much the club can do, but it is something that needs to be kept up with, especially if we want to get away from some of the previous cultures that can't have been doing us any good.

My problem is that there are two distinct groups on here now - those that, as you say, carp with no substance, answers or debating skills, but there's also those who just defend absolutely everything and shout down anyone who has any criticisms. That, to me, is equally as bad as the former. Surely it's better to have a rational, reasoned debate and ignore the balloons? Some of us do have some genuine concerns about some things at the club, but we're also not adverse to giving credit where it's due. The problem is that those concerns either get dismissed as being the opinions of the carpers, or it just gets lost in the bitching between the two factions.

My point being that a rational post making the point that things on Sunday went our way without singling out individuals would have made for a better discussion, which is what this forum is meant to be for. As it is, it became a petty, points-scoring exercise. And just to prove a point, there have been some rational posts in there that were dismissed as being from "anti-management for no reason" people.
That I agree with whole-heartedly.'"

Totally agree.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2990No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13977_1335458918.jpg

Quote: GT "
Surely it's better to have a rational, reasoned debate and ignore the balloons? Some of us do have some genuine concerns about some things at the club, but we're also not adverse to giving credit where it's due. The problem is that those concerns either get dismissed as being the opinions of the carpers, or it just gets lost in the bitching between the two factions.
'"

I think that`s fair comment GT & I am always one for a debate and I have a flexible mind if circumstances put in front of me alter. For the moment though I am right behind anybody who is keeping the good ship afloat and that where my loyalties will stay for the time being.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach961No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2021Jul 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: GT "

Surely it's better to have a rational, reasoned debate and ignore the balloons? Some of us do have some genuine concerns about some things at the club, but we're also not adverse to giving credit where it's due. The problem is that those concerns either get dismissed as being the opinions of the carpers, or it just gets lost in the bitching between the two factions.
'"

As a lifelong Salford supporter I have genuine concerns over the club and the way that some things have been run over the years and yes many things could have been done more professionally than they have been but one has to accept, that as many people have set out previously, we have to be thankful that the club is still operating, in Superleague and in my opinion holding it's own considering its income stream compared with the amounts that other clubs can afford or are willing to spend and take a chance on the consequences.

I can and do accept different opinions from any supporter, I see things differently than members of my family do but what I find hard to accept and what really sticks in my throat are the people who whilst in the Chairmans and or the Directors company are all smiles etc, yet return to the Turkey slagging them off.

At numerous meetings attended by the Chairman,Directors and other staff these same people sit there, say nothing to their faces, ask no questions and then post something that bears no relation to what took place at the meeting.

This week has been a great week for any Salford supporter but still some people aren't satisfied well I am and all the fans that I have spoken to are also happy and looking forward to Friday and another good performance, win or lose.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4314
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2018Sep 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32990_1435324474.jpg
First accept sadness. Realise that without losing 70% of the time, winning wouldn't be such a relief.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_32990.jpg

Quote: GT " Surely it's better to have a rational, reasoned debate and ignore the balloons? Some of us do have some genuine concerns about some things at the club, but we're also not adverse to giving credit where it's due. The problem is that those concerns either get dismissed as being the opinions of the carpers, or it just gets lost in the bitching between the two factions. '"

GT there are a few people on this forum who chose to offer 95% of the time only critical and negative contributions. The vast majority of the criticism has been repeatedly aimed at a small number of people at the club over a long period. My interpretation is that these people are feeding off each others frustrations and looking for every opportunity to identify a debatable failing and aim it at the usual long serving scapegoats.

When certain forum members respond to these posts because they have a view and want to debate the topic they are labeled as being in a ‘defend the club at all costs’ clique. I can recall many occasions, when a post has been challenged with question(s) to debate a subject, that they have chosen to ignore the question and play the ‘defend the club at all cost’ opt-out card.

What do these people expect in reply when they often make such slanderous and defamatory comments? Yeah fair enough you must be right because you know best and I’m not allowed to think for myself and have my own opinion.

If I read something I don’t agree with sometimes I like to challenge that with my views and debate it. I am certainly not under some false illusion the club is run perfectly and I’m sure there are many things that could be done much better. I’d love nothing more than to see some positive changes but I realise I’m not the person to influence that or nor should anyone on here think they can. (Unless they were willing to invest a large sum of money in the club) The long term future of this club will be decided by the man in the sky not the scarlet turkey forum.

What some people don't realise is that they aren’t in the right place to always make a correct judgment because they don’t have all the information. It’s a bit like trying to do a jigsaw puzzle and realising there are some missing pieces, you will never be able to see the full picture.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner5594
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Aug 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6329_1327085433.jpg
...Diagnosing SBD (Sporting Bipolar Disorder) since 2003... Negs bringing down the tone of your forum? Keyboard Bell-endery tiresome? Embarrassed by some of your own fans? Then you need... TheButcher I must be STOPPED!! Vice Chairman of The Scarlet Turkey Clique Grand Wizard Shill of Nibiru Prime & Dark Globe Champion Chairman of 'The Neil Barker School for gifted Clowns' "A Local Forum. For Local People":d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6329.jpg

Great posts all round.

The irony is that there is no 'defend the Management at all costs' clique. They are people who are coherent of the fact that they don't know everything. Nobody can make any rational judgements on anything at the Club because they just don't see 90% of what goes on at a Club. Those members of this Forum who have a better understanding and knowledge of what goes on behind the scenes rarely contribute to the slagging matches, choosing to keep their opinions to themselves. Unfortunately, the so-called 'Clique' are just people who feel the need to counter-balance what they feel is poorly presented and opinionated posts. It all does get a little out of hand at times.

The other irony is that there are worthy talking points about management and events behind the scenes which should be debated but often aren't because valid points are lost to 'one-upmanship'.

theredshed makes a great point when saying that opinions should always be reserved to what you know, with speculation labelled as such, and personal likes and dislikes left out. After all, you can't say with any certainty unless you have all the facts that your opinion bares any resemblance to what actually goes on.

GT
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner11532
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jan 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6248_1358341317.jpg
[b:2akkj491]Jeb End Reds[/b:2akkj491] [color=#FF0000:2akkj491][b:2akkj491][url=hhtp://www/foreverreds.co.uk/:2akkj491]SUPPORT FOREVER REDS - THE SALFORD CITY REDS SUPPORTERS' TRUST[/url:2akkj491][/b:2akkj491][/color:2akkj491] [b:2akkj491][color=red:2akkj491]MUFC[/color:2akkj491] ~ FCUM ~ [color=red:2akkj491]SRLFC[/color:2akkj491] ~ LCCC[/b:2akkj491] [url=http://undergreylancastrianskies.blogspot.com/:2akkj491]My Blog[/url:2akkj491] ~ [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/8580799@N06/:2akkj491]My Flickr[/url:2akkj491]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6248.jpg

Quote: theredshed "GT there are a few people on this forum who chose to offer 95% of the time only critical and negative contributions. The vast majority of the criticism has been repeatedly aimed at a small number of people at the club over a long period. My interpretation is that these people are feeding off each others frustrations and looking for every opportunity to identify a debatable failing and aim it at the usual long serving scapegoats.'"

I'm not denying that and I actually agree with the rest of your post and the majority of what others have said. I just don't think that "feeding the trolls", so to speak, does any good. It's all well and good arguing a point that you disagree with, but when someone's purely setting out to disagree with you, won't change their mind and is clearly just looking for a reaction, what's the point? I've seen it on other forums as well - good debate gets stifled because neither 'group' is willing to ignore the other.

I think this from The Butcher is spot on

Maybe we should all start using that "foe"/ignore feature on here...

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner5594
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Aug 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6329_1327085433.jpg

Quote: GT "Maybe we should all start using that "foe"/ignore feature on here...'"

I've avoided using it so far, hoping in all faith, that reasoned debate might come from certain individuals.

A few posts on other threads recently has convinced me that DI is just a troll looking for reaction, so I've made him a foe. I'm not missing anything so why not...

I'd suggest instead of reacting, which is hard sometimes, others do the same.

66 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed
66 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.09912109375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Round 26 Wigan Away
Once were Lo
Recent
Salford H Moved to Thursday
Zig
Recent