Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2012Sep 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
62282_1327231819.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_62282.jpg

Quote: Wayward Fan "I'm not stating whether Sale's arrival is inherently beneficial or detrimental; what I am saying is that we can derive some positive outcomes from their arrival if we choose to.'"

Ha Ha Ha Total contradiction. To derive positive outcomes of Sale's arrival surely you're leaning towards the inherently beneficial side, and not the inherently detrimental side. d040.gif Wayward by Name

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach710No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2015Jun 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10253_1409954005.jpg
[b:6qpd6dos][color=#FF0000:6qpd6dos]Twitter: @yorkshiredevils - rugby league @squeezed_middle - everything else[/color:6qpd6dos][/b:6qpd6dos]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10253.jpg

Quote: Dantes Inferno "Ha Ha Ha Total contradiction. To derive positive outcomes of Sale's arrival surely you're leaning towards the inherently beneficial side, and not the inherently detrimental side.
I suggest you put down that half empty glass you've been holding, take off your blinkers and try to read what I've written properly before passing comment.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member3987No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2016Jul 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Humans, male/MALE2.JPG
*** Missed one of Salford Red Devils Independent fan podcast DEVIL IN THE DETAIL use the link below and catch up, or our facebook page to get all upto date gossip facebook Devil in The Detail SRD [url]https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=270334099791871[url] catch up here [url]https://www.soundcloud.com/devil-in-the-detail-srd[/url] ***Salford City Reds #1 Prophet Of Fulfilment***:Humans, male/MALE2.JPG

Quote: Early Bath ".The people of Salford for one reason or another appear not to be following the club. Fact. So we as a club have to increase our fanbase somehow. I am not suggesting Sale will be our provider but they could help maybe with say 1,500 floaters. Its up to the club now to reach out much further afield than the Salford boundaries..'"

I was kind of with you until this point, to have any chance of that many everything from the administration, management both football side and money side, marketing, media and PR machine needs to go though the gears and attract the new fans and most importantly keep them.

The way things are going at the moment with the pr disaster of Matt Parish getting sacked, the pr disaster of moving to the new stadium, lack of away shirts,the willows turf, the car park situation, its SOOO important the club up their game in the coming weeks, months and years Sale are moving on to our patch and will make a beline for the city of salford to get support (just like we should be in sale imo)
Its not been all bad the club have rolled the dice a few times this season and are playing a good brand of rugby for a change and their is a more interest that normal but more is needed

I totally understand that getting new support from the city of salford is very difficult after years and years of disapointment the ordinary saforidan isnt willing to put his or her toe into the new adventure without a succesful cup run (semifinal IMO) or being top of the middle or bottom of the top neather of which is going to happen over night.

The only advantage to Sale moving in is that it will give the club the kick up the backside it needs to go to the next level, it doesnt and we are looking down a barrell imo unless we get further investment then perhaps we can go toe to toe with sale and match them

Quote: Early Bath "Salford RL are the biggest threat to Salford RL'"

Think thats it in a nutshell

GT
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner11532
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jan 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6248_1358341317.jpg
[b:2akkj491]Jeb End Reds[/b:2akkj491] [color=#FF0000:2akkj491][b:2akkj491][url=hhtp://www/foreverreds.co.uk/:2akkj491]SUPPORT FOREVER REDS - THE SALFORD CITY REDS SUPPORTERS' TRUST[/url:2akkj491][/b:2akkj491][/color:2akkj491] [b:2akkj491][color=red:2akkj491]MUFC[/color:2akkj491] ~ FCUM ~ [color=red:2akkj491]SRLFC[/color:2akkj491] ~ LCCC[/b:2akkj491] [url=http://undergreylancastrianskies.blogspot.com/:2akkj491]My Blog[/url:2akkj491] ~ [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/8580799@N06/:2akkj491]My Flickr[/url:2akkj491]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6248.jpg

Quote: Michigan red "Quality post, I'm affraid peoples reaction to this will very anti RU and with many I suspect it is down to old ignorances rather than a genuine axe to grind.

Embrace things and make changes for the better or die from lack of progress.'"

Remind what your reaction was to the possibility of Manchester United's reserve team moving in was again?

Quote: Michigan red "they have no interest in entering a discussion'"

Now that's funny.

A few of us have tried to have a rational debate about this only for people to not fully explain why they feel this will be good for Salford by hiding behind the handful who are just throwing abuse around as an excuse. I think we realise Salford are the biggest threat to Salford, but some of Sale's past dealings mean that we're extra wary about the added impact of them being there. Will these fears definitely come true? Of course not, nobody knows what will happen. But I'm still yet to see any real potential benefits for Salford - constantly mentioning "joint marketing" with no real rationale to it isn't cutting it for me.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach710No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2015Jun 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10253_1409954005.jpg
[b:6qpd6dos][color=#FF0000:6qpd6dos]Twitter: @yorkshiredevils - rugby league @squeezed_middle - everything else[/color:6qpd6dos][/b:6qpd6dos]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10253.jpg

To be fair, it's not really down to the fans to come up with a marketing strategy - either joint or otherwise.

To me, the issue is fairly simple: the ink is dry and Sale are moving in.

Regardless of what you think about this, faced with that reality you're left with a selection of fairly clear choices:

1) embrace change, keep an open mind and encourage the club to turn the situation into a positive (I believe there are ways that this can be achieved but I'll be passing my suggestions directly to the club rather than posting here and entering another series of pointless circular arguments).

2) Mount a campaign to have the decision overturned: write to your MP, chain yourself to the railings of the stadium, organise a march/blockade etc.

3) Hide behind a keyboard spitting vitriol whilst the club you profess to love is sliding towards oblivion.

I know which of these options I will be pursuing.

RankPostsTeam
International Star70No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2016May 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Im just going to say one thing iv been a salford fan my whole life. I was brought up in the altrincham/sale area and i can see the argument from both sides but guys not as much the sale fans this is coming from one of your own to the salford lot still crying there eyes out and spitting verbal abuse and pointless thoughts out from behind a keyboard, whats done is done its time to get over it and move on at the end of the day how do you know these people your throwing abuse at ect ect arnt going to become next generation salford fans hey ? . so stop complaining its done and over and for one i am welcoming of all you sale fans and cant wait to come watch some union with you over at barton and im shore likewise for a lot of you hey lets hoep they do a dual code season ticket ill be jumping at the chance. WHATS DONE IS DONE AND YOU CANT CHANGE IT GET OVER IT AND MOVE ON AND STOP BEING SO DAMNED PESSIMISTIC OVER ALL THIS!

GT
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner11532
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jan 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6248_1358341317.jpg
[b:2akkj491]Jeb End Reds[/b:2akkj491] [color=#FF0000:2akkj491][b:2akkj491][url=hhtp://www/foreverreds.co.uk/:2akkj491]SUPPORT FOREVER REDS - THE SALFORD CITY REDS SUPPORTERS' TRUST[/url:2akkj491][/b:2akkj491][/color:2akkj491] [b:2akkj491][color=red:2akkj491]MUFC[/color:2akkj491] ~ FCUM ~ [color=red:2akkj491]SRLFC[/color:2akkj491] ~ LCCC[/b:2akkj491] [url=http://undergreylancastrianskies.blogspot.com/:2akkj491]My Blog[/url:2akkj491] ~ [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/8580799@N06/:2akkj491]My Flickr[/url:2akkj491]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6248.jpg

Quote: Wayward Fan "To be fair, it's not really down to the fans to come up with a marketing strategy - either joint or otherwise.'"

I'm not suggesting you, me or anyone else should. I've not mentioned a marketing strategy. I'd just like people to expand on their opinions that marketing is a positive, despite the fact the two departments will be working in different locations.

Quote: Wayward Fan "To me, the issue is fairly simple

Correct. No one is disputing that. People can still have genuine concerns about what this means for us, though.

Quote: Wayward Fan "Regardless of what you think about this, faced with that reality you're left with a selection of fairly clear choices

I've already attempted to communicate suggestions via Facebook and been knocked back. I will be taking it directly to the club instead before too long.

Quote: Wayward Fan "2) Mount a campaign to have the decision overturned

A bit pointless. I know this from previous and personal experience.

Quote: Wayward Fan "3) Hide behind a keyboard spitting vitriol whilst the club you profess to love is sliding towards oblivion.'"

I would hope you're not putting me into that bracket.

Quote: Wayward Fan "I know which of these options I will be pursuing.'"

I hope it's a fruitful exercise - that's a genuine statement, by the way, I really do hope you get somewhere with your suggestions to them.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member2066No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Nov 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
4130_1324641515.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_4130.jpg

Quote: GT "Now that's funny.'"

Is it?

Quote: GT "A few of us have tried to have a rational debate about this only for people to not fully explain why they feel this will be good for Salford by hiding behind the handful who are just throwing abuse around as an excuse.'"

I opened with "rugby stuff aside" - the people I was referring to detract from any reasonable debate on here regardless of which pro/anti club statement they're pretending to support.

Quote: GT "I think we realise Salford are the biggest threat to Salford, but some of Sale's past dealings mean that we're extra wary about the added impact of them being there. Will these fears definitely come true? Of course not, nobody knows what will happen. But I'm still yet to see any real potential benefits for Salford - constantly mentioning "joint marketing" with no real rationale to it isn't cutting it for me.'"

I agree with the latter part. In fact, I think the Sale 'marketing machine' has little to offer us, unless we're sharing their budget.
Time will tell if we'll find some common ground in our backroom setups. Don't we currently have a former RU conditioner? A goal-kicking coach would be a welcome development. There [imay[/i be increased opportunities to shmooze with some of RU's bigger brands for sponsorship.
Ifs, buts and maybes but so is all the negative conjecture on here.

GT
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner11532
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jan 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6248_1358341317.jpg

Quote: EX.SALF.UNI "Is it?'"

Well it amused me, considering some of your own debating techniques at times.

Quote: EX.SALF.UNI "I opened with "rugby stuff aside" - the people I was referring to detract from any reasonable debate on here regardless of which pro/anti club statement they're pretending to support.'"

So ignore them. My point was a general one - I can't stand the way they go about posting on here neither, but I don't allow them to influence any part of my debate. Maybe if we all started doing that then the debate on here would be much better? In fact I think I might start using that ignore list feature...

Quote: EX.SALF.UNI "I agree with the latter part. In fact, I think the Sale 'marketing machine' has little to offer us, unless we're sharing their budget.
Time will tell if we'll find some common ground in our backroom setups. Don't we currently have a former RU conditioner? A goal-kicking coach would be a welcome development. There [imay[/i be increased opportunities to shmooze with some of RU's bigger brands for sponsorship.
Ifs, buts and maybes but so is all the negative conjecture on here.'"

Those are fair points, but I still don't see how much cross-over there would be if Sale are still basing their operations in Carrington? If we ended up moving in, then maybe I'd be more inclined to think we could benefit from that, but as it stands they're going to be locked away from us.

As for shmoozing with the sponsors... Wouldn't that only work if Wilky or others were at Sale's matches?

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach710No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2015Jun 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10253_1409954005.jpg

Quote: adamred4life "Im just going to say one thing iv been a salford fan my whole life. I was brought up in the altrincham/sale area and i can see the argument from both sides but guys not as much the sale fans this is coming from one of your own to the salford lot still crying there eyes out and spitting verbal abuse and pointless thoughts out from behind a keyboard, whats done is done its time to get over it and move on at the end of the day how do you know these people your throwing abuse at ect ect arnt going to become next generation salford fans hey ? . so stop complaining its done and over and for one i am welcoming of all you sale fans and cant wait to come watch some union with you over at barton and im shore likewise for a lot of you hey lets hoep they do a dual code season ticket ill be jumping at the chance. WHATS DONE IS DONE AND YOU CANT CHANGE IT GET OVER IT AND MOVE ON AND STOP BEING SO DAMNED PESSIMISTIC OVER ALL THIS!'"

Well said. Taking people as you find them used to be a Salfordian virtue.

I was invited to Sale's game on Friday by some Sharks fans and had a great night; they're now planning a reciprocal trip to the Bradford game.

We're all rugby fans at the end of the day, let's put pettiness and bigotry to one side and be proud that our city will soon be renowned as a Mecca for rugby of both codes rather than the target of cheap headlines.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach123
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2016Jun 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Wayward Fan "
We're all rugby fans at the end of the day, let's put pettiness and bigotry to one side and be proud that our city will soon be renowned as a Mecca for rugby of both codes rather than the target of cheap headlines.'"

Well William Webb Ellis was born in Salford so I guess it's kind of relevant...

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach10390No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11969.jpg
Me and are kid (TheButcher) putting the world two rights. ERIC SHAW PREDICTION LEAGUE & PLAY OFFS WINNER 2013 Don't like it? Well Frack off then. Energy & progress for all. Foe is our friend. mitie mouse, Lancetodd, Marshy1, eccles star, Dantes Inferno, Philyourboots, biggunbrad, DAVE@CAS1990, RED LEAGUE, OzWelsh, Red-Devils-PAW, newgroundb4wakey All blocked - Go ahead punk make my day.:11969.jpg

Quote: GT "Remind what your reaction was to the possibility of Manchester United's reserve team moving in was again?'"

Jesus wept if you don't know that most of that is tongue in cheek, though I do think that if the stadium owners got a football team involved you'd face issues from local residents as pretty sure they thought that there was only going to be events at the ground on say a Friday night or at weekends and my understanding of reserve football is that it is played during the week.

We all need to remember the stadium isn't our toy so the owners can let whoever they want play with it, like it or not it makes perfect fiscal sense to utilise the facilities as much as possible.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member2066No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Nov 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
4130_1324641515.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_4130.jpg

Quote: GT "Well it amused me, considering some of your own debating techniques at times.'"

At times too little here inspires a serious response.

Quote: GT "So ignore them. My point was a general one - I can't stand the way they go about posting on here neither, but I don't allow them to influence any part of my debate. Maybe if we all started doing that then the debate on here would be much better? In fact I think I might start using that ignore list feature...'"

I really should but they fascinate me. Like that cycylops piglet in a jar that was doing the rounds online; grotesquely curious.

Quote: GT "Those are fair points, but I still don't see how much cross-over there would be if Sale are still basing their operations in Carrington? If we ended up moving in, then maybe I'd be more inclined to think we could benefit from that, but as it stands they're going to be locked away from us.'"

As it stands they've not embarrassed our administration and driven us out of our ground but speculating on those aspects seems fair game on here. I'm just offering some balance.

Quote: GT "As for shmoozing with the sponsors... Wouldn't that only work if Wilky or others were at Sale's matches?'"

It'd be a pretty big blunder on the club's part not to chat with high profile sponsors of rugby when they're sat upstairs. A year-round corporate package shouldn't be that hard to sell to someone enjoying a half-year deal already.

GT
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner11532
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jan 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6248_1358341317.jpg

Quote: Michigan red "Jesus wept if you don't know that most of that is tongue in cheek,'"

Well to be fair, considering you've willingly admitted you can't stand football it is quite hard to tell the difference at times.

Quote: Michigan red "though I do think that if the stadium owners got a football team involved you'd face issues from local residents as pretty sure they thought that there was only going to be events at the ground on say a Friday night or at weekends and my understanding of reserve football is that it is played during the week.'"

United's reserves play home fixtures on a Thursday night, 7pm kick off. Considering the numbers who attend it would hardly create a problem - the outdoor pitches and other facilities are in use during the week as well.

Quote: Michigan red "We all need to remember the stadium isn't our toy so the owners can let whoever they want play with it, like it or not it makes perfect fiscal sense to utilise the facilities as much as possible.'"

I agree. We can still be wary about the motives of others, our own mis-management and the potential issues we could face in the future. If it all works out then I think we'll all hold our hands up and move on.

Quote: Michigan red "At times too little here inspires a serious response.'"

That's true. But there's also times where attempts at serious debate are dismissed in the same manner. If more people were willing to engage in these discussions properly the "this club is sh*t f**k tarry and wilki lol" type nonsense would soon vanish.

Quote: Michigan red "I really should but they fascinate me. Like that cycylops piglet in a jar that was doing the rounds online; grotesquely curious.'"

That, my friend, reads a sign that you need help. 5.32568359375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Leigh it is
MattyB
10m
Rumours thread
Trojan Horse
13m
Film game