FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Salford Red Devils > attendence this weekend..
62 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed
RankPostsTeam
International Star3853
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Sep 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
53838_1362327793.jpg
And so you aim towards the sky, And you'll rise high today, Fly away, Far away, Far from pain....:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_53838.jpg

No disrespect to Cas, but traditionally, they would have been one of your lower attendances of the year anyway?

Couple this point with the rotten weather and you still have grounds for optimisim that your crowd numbers will improve.

The visits of Saints/Wigan/Wire/Leeds will surely entice a few more of your casual fans to pay a visit, plus those type of sides will fetch big numbers of their own fans too.....I would imagine for those 4 games, you must be aiming for the 10,000 mark if your marketing team does its job properly.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman6769No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2013Aug 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons39ad_files/4795-1859san_c-msnicons.jpg
Holts Sweet Holts Never Drink on an Empty Head BIGPEV THE ONLY MAN TO GET A REAL INJURY AT THE STOOP:icons39ad_files/4795-1859san_c-msnicons.jpg

last years game against cas in the middle of June attracted 3587 fans, so despite the weather and the game being on Sky we got 5242, an increase of 46% any marketing team on earth would be singing from the rafters about such a massive increase.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach10390No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11969.jpg
Me and are kid (TheButcher) putting the world two rights. ERIC SHAW PREDICTION LEAGUE & PLAY OFFS WINNER 2013 Don't like it? Well Frack off then. Energy & progress for all. Foe is our friend. mitie mouse, Lancetodd, Marshy1, eccles star, Dantes Inferno, Philyourboots, biggunbrad, DAVE@CAS1990, RED LEAGUE, OzWelsh, Red-Devils-PAW, newgroundb4wakey All blocked - Go ahead punk make my day.:11969.jpg

Anyone who doesn't see that the weather had a massive impact on the attendance is living cloud cuckoo land.
I'd bet that there was a few a people who had bought tickets didn't attend never mind casual/curious fans, that was the coldest I've been stood watching a game and in that I include the midweek Batley game years ago.
Still say that the attempted pre match entertainment last night will be a winner in the summer, the stadium people should be more realistic at this time of year as to what they can achieve.

RankPostsTeam
International Star3853
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Sep 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
53838_1362327793.jpg
And so you aim towards the sky, And you'll rise high today, Fly away, Far away, Far from pain....:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_53838.jpg

Quote: Michigan red "Anyone who doesn't see that the weather had a massive impact on the attendance is living cloud cuckoo land.
I'd bet that there was a few a people who had bought tickets didn't attend never mind casual/curious fans, that was the coldest I've been stood watching a game and in that I include the midweek Batley game years ago.
Still say that the attempted pre match entertainment last night will be a winner in the summer, the stadium people should be more realistic at this time of year as to what they can achieve.'"

Agree entirely.....I'm one of the neutrals who isn't totally convinced by the location of your ground, but to judge its potential on last night's showing is a little harsh.

One of your biggest problems is people expecting an immediate 'Warrington' effect to your club....To be fair, we had a decent season in the run-up to our move, leading to a pleasant expectation that things were heading the right way on the pitch. There was also the Simon Moran influence at the club, which also was adding to the general excitement of things.

As I mentioned, I think one of your disadvantages, in comparison to the Halliwell Jones, is the location of your ground. Ours is very central and gives a general feeling of being part of a community....Yours is very much isolated and will require good marketing to get people to feel a 'part' of it.

Personally, I feel its going to be a long road for you, both on and off the pitch, but to be so negative after just 1 game seems a little odd.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach987No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2016Sep 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

A.Marshall:

Hang on a bit...I take it you never attended any games at Watersheddings in the winter rugby era.?
I was at the Trafford Centre last night picking my son up from work whilst you lot were actually playing and the outside temp was 0.50 centigrade, cold yes but hardly finger numbing as demonstrated by the players on both sides who I thought were a credit to the game of rugby league.
Fact is despite what you want to believe it is a tall ask to increase your crowds up to *k or more just because you are renting a new stadium, it's the product on the pitch which brings the fans in and a constant winning team would help you achieve that.Sadly from your fans point of view you ain't got one.

GT
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner11532
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jan 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6248_1358341317.jpg
[b:2akkj491]Jeb End Reds[/b:2akkj491] [color=#FF0000:2akkj491][b:2akkj491][url=hhtp://www/foreverreds.co.uk/:2akkj491]SUPPORT FOREVER REDS - THE SALFORD CITY REDS SUPPORTERS' TRUST[/url:2akkj491][/b:2akkj491][/color:2akkj491] [b:2akkj491][color=red:2akkj491]MUFC[/color:2akkj491] ~ FCUM ~ [color=red:2akkj491]SRLFC[/color:2akkj491] ~ LCCC[/b:2akkj491] [url=http://undergreylancastrianskies.blogspot.com/:2akkj491]My Blog[/url:2akkj491] ~ [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/8580799@N06/:2akkj491]My Flickr[/url:2akkj491]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6248.jpg

The "tickets sold but people didn't show up" excuse doesn't wash with me. Any sold tickets have to be declared on the attendance for the purposes of HMRC. That's why you can see football grounds with shedloads of empty seats have a sell-out attendance declared.

We may have gone against the grain, like, and declared an actual attendance as well as giving the full number of tickets sold to HMRC. But it would be highly unusual.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach216No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2014May 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
31185.jpg
:31185.jpg

Sorry if this has been said in the thread already but on BBC Manchester Matty Smith said 8000 had been sold by Thursday. When I was picking up my season ticket just before kick off I could see at least 100 season tickets not picked up. If you were coming from further afield than Salford (like my dad) it made sense to watch on sky rather than get on the M60. So maybe they announced the people in the stadium not tickets sold. It took me 2 ½ hours to do a 40 min journey, so well done to the people that did turn up especially those coming over the Pennines.

RankPostsTeam
Administrator25122No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2017May 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7.gif
:7.gif

Quote: Marshy1 "Hang on a bit...I take it you never attended any games at Watersheddings in the winter rugby era.?'"

This is a good point. I've been squashed like a sardine in the midst of huge attendances during the era of winter rugby (Wigan, Saints, Widnes etc.). Barring an impenetrable blizzard or very high winds the weather was never an issue (I refuse to believe the conditions were worse than what you regularly encountered at grounds such as Watersheddings, Thrum Hall and even Cougar Park).

I accept that a few fans were probably put off. But to be thousands down for the opening game at a new stadium suggests the people charged with running the club dropped the ball.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman6769No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2013Aug 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons39ad_files/4795-1859san_c-msnicons.jpg
Holts Sweet Holts Never Drink on an Empty Head BIGPEV THE ONLY MAN TO GET A REAL INJURY AT THE STOOP:icons39ad_files/4795-1859san_c-msnicons.jpg

Quote: Mugwump "This is a good point. I've been squashed like a sardine in the midst of huge attendances during the era of winter rugby (Wigan, Saints, Widnes etc.). Barring an impenetrable blizzard or very high winds the weather was never an issue (I refuse to believe the conditions were worse than what you regularly encountered at grounds such as Watersheddings, Thrum Hall and even Cougar Park).

I accept that a few fans were probably put off. But to be thousands down for the opening game at a new stadium suggests the people charged with running the club dropped the ball.'"

don't forget we are going back 15 years or more a lot of people who watch rugby league might not have been going in the winter and are summer fans. I know how cold it used to be playing up in Oldham in the late 70's and early 80's but we also had caning in the past as well, our new breed of fan will want the comforts of home and snow and cold don't make it a nice experience.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach13180No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2013Dec 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
12187.jpg
#RED DEVILS:12187.jpg

Quote: redmatt77 "Sorry if this has been said in the thread already but on BBC Manchester Matty Smith said 8000 had been sold by Thursday. When I was picking up my season ticket just before kick off I could see at least 100 season tickets not picked up. If you were coming from further afield than Salford (like my dad) it made sense to watch on sky rather than get on the M60. So maybe they announced the people in the stadium not tickets sold. It took me 2 ½ hours to do a 40 min journey, so well done to the people that did turn up especially those coming over the Pennines.'"

I know the attendance given at the game wasn't the true figure for a fact! I phoned the club shop today about my season ticket having the wrong seat number on it and apparently hundreds of season ticket holders seats were double sold, the guy in the shop said when they sold seats to season ticket to be holders they marked off the seat numbers so they could not be asked for again, they thought it was all under control until countless people had to be moved into spare seating as the stadium ticket office didn't take any notice of the marked off seat numbers sold to season ticket holders.
Makes you wonder what the actual attendance was?

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner33944No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9005.jpg
kcab sfrawdder Luck is a combination of preparation and opportunity Just to avoid confusion Starbug is the username of Steven Pike SOMEBODY SAID that it couldn’t be done But he with a chuckle replied That “maybe it couldn’t,” but he would be one Who wouldn’t say so till he’d tried. So he buckled right in with the trace of a grin On his face. If he worried he hid it. He started to sing as he tackled the thing That couldn’t be done, and he did it!:9005.jpg

Quote: RED LEAGUE "I know the attendance given at the game wasn't the true figure for a fact! I phoned the club shop today about my season ticket having the wrong seat number on it and apparently hundreds of season ticket holders seats were double sold, the guy in the shop said when they sold seats to season ticket to be holders they marked off the seat numbers so they could not be asked for again, they thought it was all under control until countless people had to be moved into spare seating as the stadium ticket office didn't take any notice of the marked off seat numbers sold to season ticket holders.
Makes you wonder what the actual attendance was?'"

Your turnstiles will be electronically counted, so any ' double ' sales wouldnt make any difference , 4,000 odd with probably your corporate sales all hiding in the bar

RankPostsTeam
Administrator25122No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2017May 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7.gif
:7.gif

Quote: Bigpev "don't forget we are going back 15 years or more a lot of people who watch rugby league might not have been going in the winter and are summer fans. I know how cold it used to be playing up in Oldham in the late 70's and early 80's but we also had caning in the past as well, our new breed of fan will want the comforts of home and snow and cold don't make it a nice experience.'"

15 years is not THAT long of a time. I accept that many new fans will have replaced some of the older ones since then. But a good proportion of those "veterans" will still be around. In any case - I'm not entirely convinced by the idea that supporters gathered over the past decade are somehow soft. Why should a match that was appealing, say, ten years ago be any less appealing today? And let's be honest - the opening match to a new season in a brand new stadium is about as appealing as it gets.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member4159No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2019Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1602.jpg
Sad preacher nailed upon the coloured door of time; Insane teacher be there reminded of the rhyme. There'll be no mutant enemy we shall certify; Political ends, as sad remains, will die.:1602.jpg

15 years is 3X5 : as a rule of thumb, society changes by a great deal every 5 years. Therefore it is a long time. Think of what were common activities 10 years ago: remember videos, pubs, going to sports (outside football). Not Sky+, supermarker beer at home, and wall - to - wall sports on demand in the home.
Disagree: basing any marketing for a fringe sport, such as Rugby League, on what would have been acceptable 5/10/15 years ago is doomed.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20966No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6679_1399761959.png
[quote="dally messenger":1gysl9ow]was watching an nfl doco. on one of their teams and they used the term bomb to describe those long high passes from quaterback to running back and i think gibson took that idea, realized you cant throw the ball forward in RL and adapted it to a "bomb" kick we have[/quote:1gysl9ow] [quote="eels fan":1gysl9ow]You poor poor obsessed fat ex vichyballin potato thieving stoaway.[/quote:1gysl9ow]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6679.png

Quote: Bigpev "last years game against cas in the middle of June attracted 3587 fans, so despite the weather and the game being on Sky we got 5242, an increase of 46% any marketing team on earth would be singing from the rafters about such a massive increase.'"

EXACTLY!

2009 = 3,487
2010 = 3,130
2011 = 3,587
Best Crowd against Castleford for 4 years and in atrocious weather.....I would hold judgement on the "crowd issue" until at least 3 more games.....before kicking off about the marketing dept. Hull FC (3,983),us cock-er-nees (3,065) and Leeds (4,024) will be a better gague of where you are.....14,659 in 2011 for your first 4 home games...only 9,417 more to equal that. I reckon you'll be close to 20% up by the time you play Wigan.
Good luck for the rest of the season......

RankPostsTeam
International Star1623No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
54309_1552130516.jpg
quote="Ruune Rebellion"]No. That’s what you said you idiot which is why you are sexiest lol. Give up you sexiest Imbecile[/quote]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_54309.jpg

Quote: gutterfax "EXACTLY!

I'm with you on that GF. A warm summers day would've probably doubled the crowd so as disappointed as I am by the low turnout, I'll hold off on judgment for a few weeks. Oh & while we're on the subject of fans, for want of a better word, being "softer" these days, I agree 100%. I never thought I'd join the "when I was a lad" brigade at the age of 34 but I can't believe what a bunch of mard ar$e$ society have become. Professional footballers wearing tights, gloves & snoods, my U15's team turning up for training in ear muffs & bobble hats, it's embarrassing! icon_surprised.gifops: I even had one lad admit to missing training last week "because it was raining"! icon_eek.gif. Get the wintergreen out & man up FFS! icon_lol.gif

62 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
62 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.0380859375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Shareholders Meeting
Scarlet Pimp
Recent
Bulls Accounts up to Nov 2023
Blotto
FORUM