JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2015May 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3596.jpg
this will not be the end, or even the beginning of the end. It is merely the end of the beginning [img:1mcv36at]http://homepage.eircom.net/~bray/em/oguinn.gif[/img:1mcv36at] [img:1mcv36at]http://homepage.eircom.net/~bray/em/msperv-l.gif[/img:1mcv36at]:3596.jpg

Quote: The Black Cat "if anyone wants any lessons just go buy yourself a few old micron videos from that era!'"

In fact theres a few of you on here who have many of the old videos, just a thought but if someones got the time and the know-how, you could put a compilation of shed shots singing along with game play singing on to a DVD and show that in the VC before a game?

You can pay my royalties later icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member2898No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2015May 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3596.jpg
this will not be the end, or even the beginning of the end. It is merely the end of the beginning [img:1mcv36at]http://homepage.eircom.net/~bray/em/oguinn.gif[/img:1mcv36at] [img:1mcv36at]http://homepage.eircom.net/~bray/em/msperv-l.gif[/img:1mcv36at]:3596.jpg

Quote: SalfordSlim "
[iThe ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. [/i
Martin Luther King, Jr.'"

How apt. eusa_clap.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach803No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Sep 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
31375_1310734455.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_31375.jpg

That should be written on the changing room wall

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach2481No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2015Jun 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
12431.jpg
[url=http://forums.rlfans.com/viewtopic.php?t=438945:25xo96kp][img:25xo96kp]http://www.rlfans.com/images/sig.gif[/img:25xo96kp][/url:25xo96kp]:12431.jpg

And LukicJ becomes a "cheeky half-back". Biggest bl00dy half-back I've ever seen... icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman6769No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2013Aug 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons39ad_files/4795-1859san_c-msnicons.jpg
Holts Sweet Holts Never Drink on an Empty Head BIGPEV THE ONLY MAN TO GET A REAL INJURY AT THE STOOP:icons39ad_files/4795-1859san_c-msnicons.jpg

Quote: SalfordSlim "

[iThe ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. [/i
Martin Luther King, Jr.'"

I have a Dream

Martin Luther King

I am still waiting

Bigpev

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5313No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2012May 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Others/NA.JPG
[size=100:inve33bl][quote="Dave Lister":inve33bl]I reckon Salford's fans are the friendliest i've come across and haven't got a bad word to say about them[/quote:inve33bl][/size:inve33bl] :CLAP: Love him or hate him, 163 consecutive appearances should make Stuart Littler a Salford legend in anyone's book :CLAP::Others/NA.JPG

"I have a dream" - Martin Luther King

"I've had a nightmare" - Sean McRae?

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman2237No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2016May 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
disney/00030.gif
:disney/00030.gif

that spounds like a fund raiser for the forever reds THE BLACKCAT. a046.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member9088
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2019Feb 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2751.jpg
[img:384wf39t]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/kingoftheshed/salford2.jpg[/img:384wf39t] Les Diables Rouges Originaux - 1934 [color=red:384wf39t][i:384wf39t][b:384wf39t]Founding member of the "Neil Baker is/was/always will be God" Supporters Club (Est. 1985) & still The official No1 (Salford based) Kevin 'Buddha' McGuinness - Supporter![/b:384wf39t][/i:384wf39t][/color:384wf39t]:2751.jpg

Quote: Enfield Exile "I thought The Shed started to go downhill from about about the second year of our return to SL - circa 1998. In the stand we used to have some amusing fans who would make us laugh when we were playing poorly by coming up with some smart comment, we would get excited by scoring a try even if we were getting hammered and it was a friendly place to be. Maybe I am being a tad misty-eyed but I preferred the atmosphere and feel of the place when we were in the lower leagues than what it has been like since c1998.'"

To be fair mate 2006 was pretty good but maybe that was because for most of it we had a product to watch!

Quote: Enfield Exile "EDIT
I actually feel sorry for the Salford fans who didn't watch us from The Shed in the late 80s and 90's. The Shed was a great place to be. I have been lucky enough to be some great stadiums and watch some big events in football, RL, cricket and tennis. Nothing compares IMO to many of the occasions I had in The Shed at that time, even when we got beat. Great days'"

Amen to that! icon_biggrin.gifEPRESSED: the left sang and the right didnt, and the right sang and the left didnt.
I have tryed startin songs over the last few years, and the left side of the shed will sing, but the right will mostly stay quiet.
Please dont blame a few numptys at the front of the shed, as on friday night most of the shed was booin the team and infront of the willows, there is a left and right devide, until this is sorted the shed will never bee the same again, yes i remember the days of great( not the team ) but the fans, singing lets all have a disco, when we are gettin hammered, and that was what got me hooked on the club, again not the on field performance.
I hope that the shed re-unite as one for the great club we know, but it was all said last year, and look at us now.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach2481No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2015Jun 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
12431.jpg
[url=http://forums.rlfans.com/viewtopic.php?t=438945:25xo96kp][img:25xo96kp]http://www.rlfans.com/images/sig.gif[/img:25xo96kp][/url:25xo96kp]:12431.jpg

What I'm trying to say tall red is that there is a strong element of idiots, dominating the shed with behaviour that is contrary to the behaviour of the left side of the shed of old. They really do spoil Friday night at the Willows for many of us.
I must pick you up on a minor detail. I personally haven't laid blame at anyone's door for booing let alone the numpties. It's the rest of their behaviour that grates with me. Both home and away they show the club and the fans up but both seem fairly reluctant to do anything with them.
I personally want the atmosphere back and the joy of being a Salford fan to return. We don't seem to be able to generate this in the left side any more and I believe a small group is hugely influential in this.
Going to Salford was the highlight of my week, every week, no matter how well we were playing. But now, it's become an obligation. A chore. An effort.
The magic has gone. But, I believe it can come back if we collectively make it so.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member9088
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2019Feb 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2751.jpg
[img:384wf39t]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/kingoftheshed/salford2.jpg[/img:384wf39t] Les Diables Rouges Originaux - 1934 [color=red:384wf39t][i:384wf39t][b:384wf39t]Founding member of the "Neil Baker is/was/always will be God" Supporters Club (Est. 1985) & still The official No1 (Salford based) Kevin 'Buddha' McGuinness - Supporter![/b:384wf39t][/i:384wf39t][/color:384wf39t]:2751.jpg

Quote: tall red "Well i have stood, left hand of the shed for nearly 20 yrs, so what you tryin to say?, i have introduced loads of fans to our great club over the years and they stand left of the shed aswell.
At salford over the last three years there has been a right side of the shed, and a left hand of the shed, ( forget about the pr**ks that stand at the bottom that we all know about 10 at the most ) if the left hand sing the right side dont sing, and vice versa.
We have all got to sing from the same hyme sheet, or the shed is dead, this was discused last year, everyone said yeah we will all sing together , but guess what All I will say is that it's not just about singing it's about the right song at the right time. I stand in between the left and right factions these days and I must say that many a time the left side has started a song but at the wrong time when the feeling isn't there from the majority or the wrong kind of song (this may all sound a bit far fetched but believe me its true) the worst of which tend to be if you all hate scousers/Yorkshire/Leeds delete as applicable.

I seen to recall back in the 80's there was a hierarchy (of a sort) in the singing section and it was kind of a graduation to get to the point you were accepted to start songs off as if you'd done your apprenticeship now any old Thomas, Richard or Harry can start them without thinking about it before they do!!!!

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member3987No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2016Jul 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Humans, male/MALE2.JPG
*** Missed one of Salford Red Devils Independent fan podcast DEVIL IN THE DETAIL use the link below and catch up, or our facebook page to get all upto date gossip facebook Devil in The Detail SRD [url]https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=270334099791871[url] catch up here [url]https://www.soundcloud.com/devil-in-the-detail-srd[/url] ***Salford City Reds #1 Prophet Of Fulfilment***:Humans, male/MALE2.JPG

Quote: king of the shed "I seen to recall back in the 80's there was a hierarchy (of a sort) in the singing section and it was kind of a graduation to get to the point you were accepted to start songs off as if you'd done your apprenticeship now any old Thomas, Richard or Harry can start them without thinking about it before they do!!!!'"

I agree with what your saying their fella, but you have to give the youth a chance, im a big big believer that you back them and they will back you, everyone hates starting a song and nobody follows them (ive been there a fair few times and its one of the lonelys places but its like riding a wave you get back on the board and ride the next one), there is a kid (well a teen) who stands behind me and last season and he tried to start the viking song and it died on it , 10 mins later he had a go and it took off, he was buzzin then for the rest of the game.
He was there again Friday this time with 5 of his mates all dead keen thats where the future is.

Quote: king of the shed "Maybe therein lies the problem mate, lets face it of us that have been knocking around the shed since those halcyon days of the late 80's early 90's are now clearly not as young and (hungry) enthusiastic as we once were and maybe some of the younger element don't share our philosophy and methods of supporting'"

Its all about looking cool icon_wink.gif
Perhaps me personally i take watching salford too seriously these days thinking its all about the result and being optimistic because about where we are going because we need to keep playing at superleague level to compete against other superleague crowds, i always thought us the salford supporters raised our game when in superleague but it doesnt seem to happen as much these days it seems to me as if we are all waiting for somthing to happen to light the blue touch paper rather than getting a match ourselves and making it happen ourselves.

Before it was all about the adventure and the fun id have with my mates regardless of the result, we'd all have a drink, we'd all usually make fools out of ourselves at one point but we all laughed with each other and nobody laughed at anyone else expense regardless of if they were numpties or what, perhaps its the innersence of youth (que young team hungry team bla bla bla icon_wink.gif ) at the time id say Supporting salford though that time in my life definately made me a better person and i woudnt change it for the world.

I think im going to chance my stance on my salford viewing, as long as im having fun the result doesnt bother me, as long as ive got a smile on my face and a song in my heart ill go home after everygame a happy man, so dont bother asking if we are going to win because if you think about losing you've probably already lost

Its about throwing away all the inabitions and getting behind the team its not rocket science

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach2481No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2015Jun 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
12431.jpg

Quote: king of the shed "All I will say is that it's not just about singing it's about the right song at the right time. I stand in between the left and right factions these days and I must say that many a time the left side has started a song but at the wrong time when the feeling isn't there from the majority or the wrong kind of song (this may all sound a bit far fetched but believe me its true) the worst of which tend to be if you all hate scousers/Yorkshire/Leeds delete as applicable.

I seen to recall back in the 80's there was a hierarchy (of a sort) in the singing section and it was kind of a graduation to get to the point you were accepted to start songs off as if you'd done your apprenticeship now any old Thomas, Richard or Harry can start them without thinking about it before they do!!!!'"

Amen to that Parky... Do you believe this can be the way things are done again?

And Bobby, I love your undiminishing passion fella!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach340No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2011Jun 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Dont know where my last post has gone, just took me nearly 30 mins to write, not gonna try and do it again, aint got time, but king of the shed + red preacher i understand what you are saying, lets not try and blame left or right of shed, but agree that the we all hate ........................ songs,dont rearly get sung at matches, a few times, but agree you dont have to sing along to them as i dont, we have had a few idiots in the shed over the years, but this hasnt stoped the rest havin a good time though, forget the left and right of the shed, lets sing our f**kin harts out, together.

SALFORRRRRRRDDDD

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member3987No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2016Jul 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Humans, male/MALE2.JPG
*** Missed one of Salford Red Devils Independent fan podcast DEVIL IN THE DETAIL use the link below and catch up, or our facebook page to get all upto date gossip facebook Devil in The Detail SRD [url]https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=270334099791871[url] catch up here [url]https://www.soundcloud.com/devil-in-the-detail-srd[/url] ***Salford City Reds #1 Prophet Of Fulfilment***:Humans, male/MALE2.JPG

Quote: Red Preacher "And Bobby, I love your undiminishing passion fella!'"

To be honest its somthing that i am interested in i get more of a buzz when opposition fans or newspaper reports or even players say "you salford fans made a hell of a racket that day at ours or when we were at the willows you didnt stop singing it was a cracking atmosphere" rather than when they talk about the team.

The best ones are the players they say stuff like "are you all on drugs up there? Or "sometimes i wish i was up there with you it seems so much fun"

The club can try and market the club however they like with families and kids but for me being part of salfords red army should be the biggest draw of all for any of us.

They talk about boxers being pound for pound the best boxer in the world, for me person to person we cant be beaten in my book, even with a half d shed and a half full ground id put us the great long suffering supporters of salford in the top 3 in the country behind hull and Hull KR, with Fc on the slide imo off the field its there for the taking.

The only thing we lacked in the past was numbers, at the moment its enthusiam and numbers, its up to us the supporters to grab the bull by the horns and drag the match day experience forward to where it was and even higher

122 posts in 9 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed
122 posts in 9 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.7529296875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Accounts
the fax in a
32m
Salford H Moved to Thursday
Zig
34m