FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Salford Red Devils > who r we blaming this week?
61 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2990No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13977_1335458918.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_13977.jpg

Some excellent posts on here but sadly although we are all in agreement I very much doubt whether SMc will change his `damage liability` approach. Even that is getting us absolutely nowhere.

I agree too that all roads lead to Barton so we could be in for a tough couple of seasons before we see any real change. Depressing times I am afraid.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach1621No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2018Jun 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Black Backgrounds/Kermit the Frog.gif
:Black Backgrounds/Kermit the Frog.gif

Quote: redhope "What upset me most about Sunday was that to me on paper both clubs are very similar, as I would say about the teams. Where we are different is the way they both approached the game the attitude and the understanding both individually and collectively the job they had to do.
The set up and the pattern is dictated by the coach and to me this was another case of one team looking well drilled/coached and Salford.
If i`m right about the two teams (on paper) then it comes back to the coach and the level of commitment/performance he is obtaining and sadly I don`t believe SM and his team are getting the best from what we have.
Ultimately we were outplayed in every facet of the game by a team we should be looking to be on a par with, if not looking to surpass'"

Without wanting to get into an argument, can you expand please??

l really felt for the fans that travelled over on Sunday, because l can remember being in their shoes!!!

But to say both clubs are similar (at the mo) is stretching it, do you not think??

Yes both play out of poor grounds but Wakey average more, and have done for a quite some years, Wakey have a competitive team, again have had one for quite a few years.

And now wakey can say they have a good youth set up (winning the academy last year) and now playing wakey academy graduates in the first team.

All that said, neither team will even be able to go much further without a new ground.

All the best for the rest of the year.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach603No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2014Sep 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: RedUnderTheBed "

GT - good to see a thoughtful analysis on here. I agree with many of your points.

It feels to me that the whole club has pinned its whole hopes on the new stadium and that we've accepted that we can't have a decent team or matchday experience until we get so there isn't the drive to make it better than it currently is. It is also sucking up all our finance and Director's time so there's not enough resources to focus on getting things right in the present

Other teams had similar dips when they moved stadiums but they started from a higher base so it wasn't so dramatic

Not making excuses here because the quality of entertainment (on and off the field) is poor and whilst that isn't new for Salford (unfortunatley) in the past there's always been a "we're in this together" culture that doesn't seem to exist any more. not sure where it's gone but it has to be felt from the top of any organisation.

I feel that leaders of the club are spending all their time on the future, which is right in many ways, but if they don't spend any time on the "now" we may find we don't have a future'"

This does make sense. I wonder if the decision has been made to "write off" this season and base all hopes on starting to build in 2011 for the stadium in 2012. Finances must be really tight, I wonder how many of the Director's own businesses are struggling? Most of them probably have no cash to throw at the club right now, but in 12 months time it may look better.
I am also unsure if the current "down" that surrounds the club will cause long term damage, but that may be a risk the chairman and board are willing to take.

See through the season, new coach in the off season when it costs less to end the contract of SM, start building again???????

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1760No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2013Jun 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15722.jpg
:15722.jpg

Quote: SRLFC JK "
new coach in the off season when it costs less to end the contract of SM, start building again???????'"

icon_razz.gifRAY: icon_razz.gifRAY: icon_razz.gifRAY:

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1047No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2015Apr 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Games/PDT_200.gif
:Games/PDT_200.gif

i know there is a lot of stick for the coach but i'm not hearing anything for the players? There the ones making mistakes ie knocking on/missing tackles/messing around at the ruck etc. Do you think he tells them to go out and do that? When is some blame also going to go to alker? isn't he on the coaching staff? nothing is getting aimed at him, just mcrae!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach529No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2016Sep 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
cartoons/WB18.gif
:cartoons/WB18.gif

The thing I find most frustrating is that Crusaders had no team at all at the end of last season and have managed to assemble one that managed to beat us after having two years to prepare.

I didn't think much of 'Nobby' as a Coach at Bradford or Wigan, but clearly he is achieving much more than the S**G already.

Apart from just enjoying the night out and any game of Rugby in general, there isn't much point in attending the Willows if you would like to see exciting rugby or a win!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1047No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2015Apr 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Games/PDT_200.gif

they've assembled a team pretty much full of aussies who are no mugs! Why do our fans think we had a god given right to just beat them? There players wanted it more than ours! We have got a very young team and it shown that night against a team with a lot more experience.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach529No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2016Sep 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
cartoons/WB18.gif
:cartoons/WB18.gif

We have no god given right to beat anybody agreed. I just think something's sadly lacking within our club when this type of situation happens.

I suppose fans of Halifax and Widnes can point to Salford and wonder how we got to be in SL before them, and they would have a fair point.

I just feel that when we achieved the play offs under KH it gave us a glimpse of our potential and unfortunately it's been downhill ever since...............with no immediate prospect of recovery.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach36077
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10363_1334937642.jpg
SUPPORT SWAG...:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10363.jpg

Quote: redhope "What upset me most about Sunday was that to me on paper both clubs are very similar, as I would say about the teams. Where we are different is the way they both approached the game the attitude and the understanding both individually and collectively the job they had to do.
The set up and the pattern is dictated by the coach and to me this was another case of one team looking well drilled/coached and Salford.
If i`m right about the two teams (on paper) then it comes back to the coach and the level of commitment/performance he is obtaining and sadly I don`t believe SM and his team are getting the best from what we have.
Ultimately we were outplayed in every facet of the game by a team we should be looking to be on a par with, if not looking to surpass'"

Yes in many ways we are, except on the pitch. Wakafield IMHO have more quality players than Salford, especially in the pack and the halves. Remember you were beaten by a team minus Brough, Newton (never mind on that one) and Jeffries, all key players for us and both capable of commanding a place at most SL clubs. Sure Cookes a nice addition but he's way off the pace at the moment. Plus we are last years Academy champions.

Sorry to sound arrogant but we have moved a long way in playing terms.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1760No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2013Jun 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15722.jpg
:15722.jpg

Quote: Jaymc9 "i know there is a lot of stick for the coach but i'm not hearing anything for the players? There the ones making mistakes ie knocking on/missing tackles/messing around at the ruck etc. Do you think he tells them to go out and do that? When is some blame also going to go to alker? isn't he on the coaching staff? nothing is getting aimed at him, just mcrae!'"

Huge mistake putting Alker in that role IMHO, I would have kept Robbie and had him coaching, but I have said all this before.
Yes the players must take some blame but the coaches issue the game plan and this obviously does not work, plus it is driving fans away.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1047No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2015Apr 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Games/PDT_200.gif

the wakefield squad is miles better than ours, how someone can say we are similar is having a fooking laugh!

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman6769No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2013Aug 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons39ad_files/4795-1859san_c-msnicons.jpg
Holts Sweet Holts Never Drink on an Empty Head BIGPEV THE ONLY MAN TO GET A REAL INJURY AT THE STOOP:icons39ad_files/4795-1859san_c-msnicons.jpg

I think what we are saying is that Wakefield have a similar salary cap to us, but their players want to play and some very good players are attracted there, I just wonder what the difference is?

Asnwers on a Postcard
to John Wilkinson
C/O The Willows
Salford

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner3356
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons1949_files/4193-180guyguyme2003-msnicons.gif
The fans, the members, the people there.. from the day I stepped foot onto that field at the AJ Bell Stadium,I knew I would love that club for the rest of my life. "Jackson Hastings".. Worry a little bit every day and in a lifetime you will lose a couple of years. If something is wrong, fix it if you can. But train yourself not to worry. Worry never fixes anything. Mary Hemmingway, US journalist,widow of Ernest Hemmingway (1908-1986) The Stupid Neither Forgive Nor Forget The Naive Forgive And Forget The Wise Forgive But Don't Forget "I am not young enough to know everything" Oscar Wilde Irish Playwright (1854-1900) One likes people much better when they're battered down by a prodigious siege of misfortune than when they triumph. virginia woolf (1882-1941):icons1949_files/4193-180guyguyme2003-msnicons.gif

Quote: SRLFC JK "This does make sense. I wonder if the decision has been made to "write off" this season and base all hopes on starting to build in 2011 for the stadium in 2012. Finances must be really tight, I wonder how many of the Director's own businesses are struggling? Most of them probably have no cash to throw at the club right now, but in 12 months time it may look better.
I am also unsure if the current "down" that surrounds the club will cause long term damage, but that may be a risk the chairman and board are willing to take.

See through the season, new coach in the off season when it costs less to end the contract of SM, start building again???????'"

I agree with you and the poster you were quoting, but I also have a sneaky feeling that during this time of uncertainty a Bradford esq 96 might appear on our records again, and I have a feeling it will be either Warrington or Wigan that do it. Just a feeling but I think we are that bad.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2408No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2012Sep 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
21737.jpg
[size=150:1juz9zgo][color=#000000:1juz9zgo][b:1juz9zgo]HULL FC[/b:1juz9zgo][/color:1juz9zgo] and [color=blue:1juz9zgo][b:1juz9zgo]LEEDS[/b:1juz9zgo][/color:1juz9zgo] [color=yellow:1juz9zgo][b:1juz9zgo]UNITED[/b:1juz9zgo][/color:1juz9zgo] fan[/size:1juz9zgo] [quote="Wellsy13":1juz9zgo]To us REAL fans, there's no better feeling than winning competitions. Getting to a final is next. Then a top 6 finish or semi-final appearance. Then I suppose the derby counts as the most important league fixture. Us real fans don't look over our shoulder at our neighbours and do whatever we can to get one over on them. We look at the bigger picture. And this is the reason why Rovers are and will forever be considered a small club. Because their fans and board would rather get one over on Hull FC above anything else. Quite sad, really! :lol:[/quote:1juz9zgo] SPOT ON! A Hull KR fan about Billy Slater: [quote="blakeysrobin":1juz9zgo]Three times as much as Briscoe, yet three times poorer as a fullback[/quote:1juz9zgo]:21737.jpg

What suprises me is Ratchford on the bench. Last season he was considered one of the most promising up and coming young players, what's happened?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3796
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2021Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
22482_1402863561.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_22482.jpg

Quote: Matty_HullFC "What suprises me is Ratchford on the bench. Last season he was considered one of the most promising up and coming young players, what's happened?'"

It's been difficult for him so far this year, being partnered with someone different in the halves every other game. The general mood and performance of the team hasn't helped really either.

I think being dropped for a game did him a bit of good. He looked quite sharp when he came off the bench last week, hopefully we'll continue to see improvement throughout the season, like last year.

61 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
61 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.07275390625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
TV Games - Not Hull
Cuddleclub
25m
Rumours and signings v9
CobraCraig
47m