OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2014Aug 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17925.jpg
:17925.jpg

Quote: Early Bath "Specific Iain?

I have plenty of ideas as I am sure many others have. Whats the point in putting on here though to be vilified by the pro Willows/anti JAW mob? They have but one agenda and that is to return to Weaste and have a new Board who will be asked to Bank roll the club. Yes its barmy of course but thats why any posting regarding the new set up is irrelevant to them.

The opportunities are endless now and for starters the club should go mob handed to Sale`s last game at EP handing out special concessionary tickets to Sale fans for our game v Catalans. Nothing to lose.'"

So far your ideas appear to consist of Sale offering £99 season tickets for their matches and suggesting this offers us endless opportunities. Don't be dissuaded from putting forward ideas on here because of a minority you don't agree with. If you want to convince people you've got to advance your case.

As I've said before the idea that one sight of RL has RU people converting in droves is total folly. To suggest the answer to our long term support problems will be found in swathes of Sale fans becoming Salford fans is ridiculous.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member2066No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Nov 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
4130_1324641515.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_4130.jpg

Quote: Wayward Fan "Nobody is asking anyone on here to take a sudden interest in rugby union, simply to be respectful of others and welcome newcomers.

Sometimes I suspect that some of our fans would actually quite enjoy the doomsday scenario that the SCFC are alluding to just so they've got something to moan about.

I'm getting really sick of seeing our fans moaning about everything without ever offering anything vaguely positive/constructive.'"

Beyond the rugby stuff, I really despair for a handful of people who share this forum and (if they differ) the clubs Facebook feed.
Consistently ignoring any evidence and reasoning put before them, they have no interest in entering a discussion, just to spout vitriol and repeat the same bitter rhetoric no matter what the subject.
A drawback of online forums I suppose. In the real world these myopic, self-absorbed gobsh*tes are easier to ignore.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member2066No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Nov 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
4130_1324641515.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_4130.jpg

Quote: Dantes Inferno "Wow, we exist in superleague, what an accolade, i can't speak for all the supporters that have witnessed the past 30 years but i think JAW absolutely owe's some form of success'"

I'm sure someone can list the number of promotions, franchises and national league trophies etc if you want?

Quote: Dantes Inferno "'You obviously endure a stagnant leader well i don't'.'"

No you don't, you take action;
Whining like a 12-year-old b*tch on the internet, hidden behind a username.

Shame on those of us unwilling to man-up and follow your lead...

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2488No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2014Aug 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17925.jpg

Quote: Wayward Fan "
Be sure of one thing

Couldn't agree more. Do you not see how the deficiencies that you rightfully identify exist at Salford feed into the fear over the groundshare? It doesn't take a great leap to see how this could soon lead to us becoming second class tenants in our own ground in spite of what any tenancy agreement says. You seem to be looking to Sale to solve some of the problems that exist at our club when you should be questioning our own decision makers.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach2990No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13977_1335458918.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_13977.jpg

Quote: Walshovski "So far your ideas appear to consist of Sale offering £99 season tickets for their matches and suggesting this offers us endless opportunities. Don't be dissuaded from putting forward ideas on here because of a minority you don't agree with. If you want to convince people you've got to advance your case.

As I've said before the idea that one sight of RL has RU people converting in droves is total folly. To suggest the answer to our long term support problems will be found in swathes of Sale fans becoming Salford fans is ridiculous.'"

No I merely quoted what Sale were offering. It showed that at least their marketing was getting into gear.

The people of Salford for one reason or another appear not to be following the club. Fact. So we as a club have to increase our fanbase somehow. I am not suggesting Sale will be our provider but they could help maybe with say 1,500 floaters. Its up to the club now to reach out much further afield than the Salford boundaries.

Sale have changed their name already. Interesting.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner13327No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2016Oct 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8959.gif
[url=http://www.mybannermaker.com:3muwinhv][img:3muwinhv]http://i.imgur.com/V599P.gif[/img:3muwinhv][/url:3muwinhv] [quote="spooneryork":3muwinhv]:shock: There's more chance of Labour getting re-elected than Salfords new stadium ever getting built.[/quote:3muwinhv]:8959.gif

Perhaps now it's easier to understand why Sale still haven't posted a profit. They are doing a Bradford. cheap admission prices, huge crowds, but still unable to be solvent.

Is that what we really want our club to do?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2488No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2014Aug 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17925.jpg

Quote: Early Bath "No I merely quoted what Sale were offering. It showed that at least their marketing was getting into gear.

The people of Salford for one reason or another appear not to be following the club. Fact. So we as a club have to increase our fanbase somehow. I am not suggesting Sale will be our provider but they could help maybe with say 1,500 floaters. Its up to the club now to reach out much further afield than the Salford boundaries.

Sale have changed their name already. Interesting.'"

1,500 Sale 'floaters' aren't going to start supporting Salford, 1% of that number might. I of course agree with what you say about Salford increasing our support but Sale moving into Barton will have no positive impact on that and it is baffling that a sensible poster thinks it will. The mere fact we are looking to Sale to solve our ills is proof enough of our own poor management.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2488No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2014Aug 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17925.jpg

Quote: Fungus The Muffin Man "Perhaps now it's easier to understand why Sale still haven't posted a profit. They are doing a Bradford. cheap admission prices, huge crowds, but still unable to be solvent.

Is that what we really want our club to do?'"

We aren't solvent either.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach710No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2015Jun 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10253_1409954005.jpg
[b:6qpd6dos][color=#FF0000:6qpd6dos]Twitter: @yorkshiredevils - rugby league @squeezed_middle - everything else[/color:6qpd6dos][/b:6qpd6dos]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10253.jpg

Quote: Fungus The Muffin Man "Perhaps now it's easier to understand why Sale still haven't posted a profit. They are doing a Bradford. cheap admission prices, huge crowds, but still unable to be solvent.

Is that what we really want our club to do?'"

Have you actually looked at their price structure? My seat would cost me £549 if I wanted to watch Sale - more than double what Salford charges.

I suspect the £99 deal is simply intended to provide an entry level for new customers.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach710No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2015Jun 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10253_1409954005.jpg
[b:6qpd6dos][color=#FF0000:6qpd6dos]Twitter: @yorkshiredevils - rugby league @squeezed_middle - everything else[/color:6qpd6dos][/b:6qpd6dos]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10253.jpg

We aren't going to convert swathes of Sale fans; it's a fallacy that anybody who watches a game of Super League is instantly converted.

People who choose to watch Sale play rugby union do so because they like Sale and they like rugby union; the same logic applies to Salford rugby league.

That said, there is a small but significant number of crossover fans who enjoy both games and would be tempted by the prospect of year-round rugby in a nice modern stadium (in my experience union fans tend to be more open minded when it comes to watching the other code). It would be myopic and plain silly of us not to at least try to exploit this opportunity. I've left two messages on our Facebook page (slightly more chance of a reply than email/phone) suggesting that we offer Sale season ticket holders reduced price entry to our remaining games (I'd certainly take the offer from Sale if it was reciprocated). It seems like a no-brainer to me, particularly if our new 'partners' will help us to publicise the offer to their members, but we will have to wait and see whether our club chooses to act on this suggestion. It wouldn't cost us anything to try though!

You're quite right to state that Sale's presence isn't going to transform our club's management; the best we can hope for is that they at least try to learn from the things Sale do well.

However, what Sale's presence will do IMO is sort out some of the ridiculous and, frankly, amateurish practices that currently compromise the matchday experience. If they can fetch their Shark tank so we've got somewhere to congregate prior to and after games it'll at least be a start. I certainly don't see the current 'amateur hour' approach to Stadium management being tolerated by Brian Kennedy & co for too long.

Having a partner to share costs with in terms of marketing and branding in and around the stadium is another potential benefit if we're willing/able to be proactive.

We should already be talking to Sale about sharing the costs of billboards on the approaches to the ground, 'tarting up' the walkways/concourses, naming bars after past players etc. In reality though, we probably won't do this and sooner rather than later Sale will implement these and other such initiatives themselves - at which point our resident moaners will start complaining about how Sale are "taking over" etc when, in truth, any slip down the stadium 'pecking order' will be down to our own mismanagement/inaction.

Inactivity, apathy (on the part of the local public) and mismanagement are the three things that will potentially lead to our club's downfall - with or without Sale!

All Sale's arrival really does is:

1) provide us with a massive wake-up call
2) provide us with the opportunity to work together to sort out the stadium management company and improve the stadium infrastructure.
3) provide us with 9,000 *potential* floating customers to target - if we choose to.

Our ability to grasp these opportunities and our ultimate success or failure will be down to US not THEM.

At least Sale's arrival guarantees one thing: if we do ultimately fail to improve as a club, at least this fantastic stadium (which, let's not forget, was an investment on the part of our local council tax payers) does not end up being a white elephant.

The future is in OUR hands.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2488No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2014Aug 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17925.jpg

Quote: Wayward Fan "At least Sale's arrival guarantees one thing

icon_eek.gif

I'm lost for words.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach2990No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13977_1335458918.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_13977.jpg

Good post WF and I am singing from the same Hymn Sheet.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach10390No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11969.jpg
Me and are kid (TheButcher) putting the world two rights. ERIC SHAW PREDICTION LEAGUE & PLAY OFFS WINNER 2013 Don't like it? Well Frack off then. Energy & progress for all. Foe is our friend. mitie mouse, Lancetodd, Marshy1, eccles star, Dantes Inferno, Philyourboots, biggunbrad, DAVE@CAS1990, RED LEAGUE, OzWelsh, Red-Devils-PAW, newgroundb4wakey All blocked - Go ahead punk make my day.:11969.jpg

Quote: Wayward Fan "SNIP'"

Quality post, I'm affraid peoples reaction to this will very anti RU and with many I suspect it is down to old ignorances rather than a genuine axe to grind.

Embrace things and make changes for the better or die from lack of progress.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach710No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2015Jun 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10253_1409954005.jpg

Quote: Walshovski "It doesn't take a great leap to see how this could soon lead to us becoming second class tenants in our own ground in spite of what any tenancy agreement says. '"

Has the penny not dropped yet? We already were 'second class tenants' (read my earlier comments about 'amateur hour')

Any problems that Salford RLFC has/had haven't appeared by virtue of Sale's arrival.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2488No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2014Aug 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17925.jpg

Quote: Wayward Fan "Has the penny not dropped yet? We already were 'second class tenants' (read my earlier comments about 'amateur hour')

Any problems that Salford RLFC has/had haven't appeared by virtue of Sale's arrival.'"

I agree with all this so I'm not sure why you are asking me if the penny has dropped.

562 posts in 38 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed
562 posts in 38 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.29833984375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
Jack Burton
9m
Film game
Boss Hog
9m