Jul 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2017Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
39978_1327618193.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_39978.jpg

Quote: Red John "Given the four day turn around and the fact that you seemed to spend most of last Sunday defending, it would seem a bit of a high risk option to then have a player in the team who isn't likely to spend more than 30 minutes on the field. Surely, Shaun Wane wouldn't do that would he?'"

If we go with 4 forwards on the bench then we can probably afford to ease Tomkins in, plus Bateman and Farrell are more than capable of big minutes. Joel will be lacking match fitness but he looks in excellent nick and bigger than ever and I can't wait to see how he goes.

Our problem has been at 6 and 9 with Green and McIlorum out. Powell and Williams are both quality youngsters but it's been a big ask for them to fill in for 2 key players over a long period. Both have had to play 80 minutes and we've been swapping them round mid-game and I'm not convinced it's been working, particularly against decent opposition.

RankPostsTeam
International Star106No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201312 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2015Jul 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

All this talk about Locke tickles me. He is probably a decent player if (when) he is fit. But he couldn't get into the Warriors side because he wasn't fit. He's turned out twice now for SRD, not finished either match and is clearly still not fit. One day he might be, in which case he should be available to be selected. But to put Evalds on the bench just in case Locke can't make a full match would be senseless. It's a waste of a bench player and an interchange. Apart from which, I don't think Locke provides much, if any more, than Evalds.

The sooner we understand that home grown doesn't mean inferior, the better the chance we have of succeeding.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner5594
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Aug 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6329_1327085433.jpg
...Diagnosing SBD (Sporting Bipolar Disorder) since 2003... Negs bringing down the tone of your forum? Keyboard Bell-endery tiresome? Embarrassed by some of your own fans? Then you need... TheButcher I must be STOPPED!! Vice Chairman of The Scarlet Turkey Clique Grand Wizard Shill of Nibiru Prime & Dark Globe Champion Chairman of 'The Neil Barker School for gifted Clowns' "A Local Forum. For Local People":d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6329.jpg

Quote: Nankivell "All this talk about Locke tickles me. He is probably a decent player if (when) he is fit. But he couldn't get into the Warriors side because he wasn't fit. He's turned out twice now for SRD, not finished either match and is clearly still not fit. One day he might be, in which case he should be available to be selected. But to put Evalds on the bench just in case Locke can't make a full match would be senseless. It's a waste of a bench player and an interchange. Apart from which, I don't think Locke provides much, if any more, than Evalds.

The sooner we understand that home grown doesn't mean inferior, the better the chance we have of succeeding.'"

I like Evalds, I really do, and he's a great talent. But are you seriously suggesting That a Kiwi International who's done it in the NRL provides nothing more?

Your sentence should have been 'I don't think an injured unfit Locke provides much, if any more, than a fit Evalds.'

You'd be right on that one.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2990No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13977_1335458918.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_13977.jpg

Nanki always makes some good points regarding our youth and I commend him for his loyalty to the flag but in this case I think he is wrong. Evalds still has to convince me of his talent under a high ball & he has some way to go to match Locke's (so far) 100% precision with goalkicking. Basically imo we need both. Great talents.

Re the match. Jon Wells made a good point re the first 20 minutes when a Wane motivated Wigan team will be hard to suppress. If we do then we will have a chance but it will be an electrifying first quarter & maybe Rapira should be on from the start tonight to give them some stick early doors.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4314
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2018Sep 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32990_1435324474.jpg
First accept sadness. Realise that without losing 70% of the time, winning wouldn't be such a relief.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_32990.jpg

I don't think we will see the best of Locke until next year. He only looks about 75% to me. When he's made line breaks against both Huddersfield and Leeds his speed endurance hasn't been at the level I've seen in the past. He needs a full pre-season and more game time. Although despite him coming over not 100% fit I think it was a smart move by Harris to get him over early and settled in so he can hit the ground running in 2015.

Fortunately we have an emerging young talent like Evalds who is quick, can cover a number of back positions and knows where the try-line is.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach10390No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11969.jpg
Me and are kid (TheButcher) putting the world two rights. ERIC SHAW PREDICTION LEAGUE & PLAY OFFS WINNER 2013 Don't like it? Well Frack off then. Energy & progress for all. Foe is our friend. mitie mouse, Lancetodd, Marshy1, eccles star, Dantes Inferno, Philyourboots, biggunbrad, DAVE@CAS1990, RED LEAGUE, OzWelsh, Red-Devils-PAW, newgroundb4wakey All blocked - Go ahead punk make my day.:11969.jpg

Quote: theredshed "I don't think we will see the best of Locke until next year. He only looks about 75% to me. When he's made line breaks against both Huddersfield and Leeds his speed endurance hasn't been at the level I've seen in the past. He needs a full pre-season and more game time.

Fortunately we have an emerging young talent like Evalds who is quick, can cover a number of back positions and knows where the try-line is.'"

Rubbish, don't forget we have no youth policy, well according too interlopers from other forums. The Walne brothers, Fages, Evalds, Hope, Owen and Ford are all very good young players who provide a potential back bone too the side for years too come.

As for Locke I have know doubt we'll see a superstar when he is fully fit but I said it when they both signed that I expect in years too come MCB too be the one who will be the better player for Salford.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1114No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2015Aug 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Salary cap - you're havin a laugh.:

Quote: Nankivell "

The sooner we understand that home grown doesn't mean inferior, the better the chance we have of succeeding.'"

Good point to be fair, as our two biggest name signings are in the positions where we have our best two young players coming through. Hopefully this policy won't leave us short in other areas (eg hooker) again.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4314
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2018Sep 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32990_1435324474.jpg
First accept sadness. Realise that without losing 70% of the time, winning wouldn't be such a relief.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_32990.jpg

What many supporters from other clubs don't realise is this crop of young players from 2-3 seasons ago were one of the best academy teams around.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner6292No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7891.jpg
Salford RLFC Folly ARLFC Good john wilky last looked out on the pitch at salford. when the snow lay round about deep and crisp and even brightly played the lads that night though the frost was cruelllll when poor swinton scored a try we had 94urrrrrrrrrr:7891.jpg

Quote: theredshed "What many supporters from other clubs don't realise is this crop of young players from 2-3 seasons ago were one of the best academy teams around.'"

Exactly, I think we finished second in 2012 – with the likes of, Evalds, Fages, the Walnes, Sneyd, Owen, Hope, Ford, Tyson, Marriott, Davidson etc.. Then unfortunately we had to drop down a division due to the financial situation we were in, which halted the progress of the whole academy.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2666No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201312 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2017Nov 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Salford Red Devils RLFC. [quote="Gotcha":y7izhg01]Salford won't win Super League in my lifetime. Even saying in jest they would sounds stupid.[/quote:y7izhg01]:

What's happened to George Tyson? I really liked the look of him, is he still at Oldham?

Alex Davidson has gone out to Crusaders for the month, after falling out of favour at Oldham despite impressing on a weekly basis.

Jon Ford continues to impress and apparently Gareth Owen had a stormer at weekend.

It's brilliant to think we still have Davidson, Ford, Owen and Hope all still to figure in the first team under Harris.

RankPostsTeam
International Star618No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201411 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

According to Salford faithful on twitter Locke is out for tonight! Although it's gutting he is out it's one area where were very strong in that department.

RankPostsTeam
International Star742No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2022Dec 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Well I guess that answers the question about who will drop out of the 19 for this week. Locke and Rapira! Only joking, I would imagine it will be Tomkins.

RankPostsTeam
International Star742No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2022Dec 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I also quite liked the look of Tyson when I saw him in the cup and the academy. Had a plenty of aggression and a decent size for a young lad. Heard he had a bit of a fitness issue though and that’s why he didn’t train with the 1st team long. Not sure if Davidson or Hope will make it as SL but both could be more than capable NL players. Ford needs to be tested at a higher level than in Oldhams team and so does Owen. Was pleased when they were at Sheffield but not sure the benefit of dropping down a league is if we really see them as furture SL players?

RankPostsTeam
International Star2666No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201312 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2017Nov 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Salford Red Devils RLFC. [quote="Gotcha":y7izhg01]Salford won't win Super League in my lifetime. Even saying in jest they would sounds stupid.[/quote:y7izhg01]:

I trust what Harris will do with the young kids. Under Noble it felt like a case of out of sight out of mind and it didn't matter which club they were at. Owen wasn't getting the game time he needed at Sheffield and at this stage of the season I doubt our options were too great. It's his local team to, so after travelling to Sheffield I am sure he will appreciate the short distance and minutes on the pitch.

I would like to see more of Will Hope.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach10390No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11969.jpg
Me and are kid (TheButcher) putting the world two rights. ERIC SHAW PREDICTION LEAGUE & PLAY OFFS WINNER 2013 Don't like it? Well Frack off then. Energy & progress for all. Foe is our friend. mitie mouse, Lancetodd, Marshy1, eccles star, Dantes Inferno, Philyourboots, biggunbrad, DAVE@CAS1990, RED LEAGUE, OzWelsh, Red-Devils-PAW, newgroundb4wakey All blocked - Go ahead punk make my day.:11969.jpg

Quote: John Gilbert Reds "Under Noble it felt like a case of out of sight out of mind and it didn't matter which club they were at. '"

I was hoping that they would ask him about Salford young players on the Super League show, what with mentioning Evalds and Sneyd it was pretty damning of his ship em out policy. Myler looked ready to split his sides laughing at one point.

I caught a bit of an academy game a few weeks ago and we had a lad playing prop who was bigger than a lot of SL props so can't wait too see if he makes the grade.

137 posts in 10 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed
137 posts in 10 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.720703125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Shareholders Meeting
Scarlet Pimp
Recent
Bulls Accounts up to Nov 2023
Blotto
Recent