JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
23603_1336678755.jpg
"Look, I'd never use injuries as an excuse..." Daryl Powell:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_23603.jpg

Quote: REDRUM "Marwan isn't short of a bob or two so if you are spending that kind of money on the squad - not to mention what he was willing to throw at Tomkins and SBW, then why not get a quality young coach with a decent record to avoid this?'"

That'd be a start. Instead he's opted for Iestyn icon_wink.gif

On a serious note, I'm more than a bit puzzled why he hasn't set his sights much higher on the coaching front, given that, as you point out, he isn't short of a bob or two.

RankPostsTeam
International Star336
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2017May 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
56768_1401973083.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_56768.jpg

Quote: Clearwing "That'd be a start. Instead he's opted for Iestyn
I've nothing against Harris and I will give him 100% backing as I did Noble even though it was IMO the wrong choice, but it does make you wonder why Marwan wants the best players for the club but will settle for second rate coaches. I have a feeling we will be back at this same situation in 10 games time although I hope to god I'm wrong.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1301No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2022Mar 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Noble was the right appointment for the initial job.
Whether replacing him so soon was a good idea,only time will tell.
But you simply can't call either of them second rate coaches,purely because they're not to your taste.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2488No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2014Aug 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17925.jpg
:17925.jpg

Quote: Bonita Red "Noble was the right appointment for the initial job.
But you simply can't call either of them second rate coaches,purely because they're not to your taste.'"

REDRUM is right - in the ranking of coaches Harris clearly isn't first rate - whether he's even second rate is debatable. Warrington went through this appointing Paul Cullen and James Lowes - you can have all the stars you want but until you've got a top class coach you will underachieve, it's the most important appointment at the club.

A lot of what happens with Harris will depend on how the players react to the change. If they use it as an excuse to become unsettled we could slip down the league and he will be lucky to still be in a job next season. If he gets us in the 8 and the cup run goes on he will probably still be in a job at the start of 2015.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach10390No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11969.jpg
Me and are kid (TheButcher) putting the world two rights. ERIC SHAW PREDICTION LEAGUE & PLAY OFFS WINNER 2013 Don't like it? Well Frack off then. Energy & progress for all. Foe is our friend. mitie mouse, Lancetodd, Marshy1, eccles star, Dantes Inferno, Philyourboots, biggunbrad, DAVE@CAS1990, RED LEAGUE, OzWelsh, Red-Devils-PAW, newgroundb4wakey All blocked - Go ahead punk make my day.:11969.jpg

Said this before but when the Doc made the announcement on Friday someone came on here and said that Morley had gone onto Twitter? and said what a shock this was. Now if he's the club captain I'd be amazed if he wasn't aware of any dissent amongst the ranks.

I also simply can't see Noble being the type to let a player destabalise the dressing room, he proved with his management when the GB coach that anyone stepping out of line would get dealt with.

If he wasn't he isn't the club captain I thought he was going to be.

All leads me to doubt that the issues behind the scenes were entirely player driven.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1301No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2022Mar 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Walshovski "REDRUM is right - in the ranking of coaches Harris clearly isn't first rate - whether he's even second rate is debatable. Warrington went through this appointing Paul Cullen and James Lowes - you can have all the stars you want but until you've got a top class coach you will underachieve, it's the most important appointment at the club.

A lot of what happens with Harris will depend on how the players react to the change. If they use it as an excuse to become unsettled we could slip down the league and he will be lucky to still be in a job next season. If he gets us in the 8 and the cup run goes on he will probably still be in a job at the start of 2015.'"

Thought he was calling Noble second rate,which with his record is clearly wrong

RankPostsTeam
International Star643No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2014May 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

The future of Iestyn Harris coaching career at Salford is extremely simple to predict isn't it? So much so I don't even have to type what the minimum requirements will be.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2488No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2014Aug 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17925.jpg

Quote: Bonita Red "Thought he was calling Noble second rate,which with his record is clearly wrong'"

Without wanting to be accused of being the Minister of Forum Corrections again you said "you simply can't call either of them second rate coaches" which I took to mean you didn't think either were second rate coaches.

Noble's record is clearly first rate, whether he is still a first rate coach is a different question. I've not changed my opinion of him since he's been sacked - I thought he was the right man to help rebuild the club from the ground up as that is exactly what we needed (and still need) but like everyone else I had doubts about whether he was truly passed it or not at the very highest level. I'm happy to discount last season because of the state of the squad but this year the performances have been average at best. I would have given him until the end of the season at least to see what he can do with the squad he has assembled and because we need stability as a club.

However, as the decision had been taken to replace him, the important thing was that we replaced him with as good a coach as we could get. I don't think anyone really believes Harris is the best. The main thing in his favour appears to be having worked at Wigan for a couple of years, the main negative is his record as a head coach at Crusaders and Wales, admittedly with limited squads.

Noble seemed to say on the SL Show that Harris was lined up to become his assistant and then somehow things changed and he became his replacement. The most intriguing thing in all this is who advised Koukash that Harris was suitable head coach material.

RankPostsTeam
International Star643No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2014May 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

It will be very interesting to see what changes Harris makes tactically. Obviously defense is one area that needs immediate attention as is the speeding up the play the ball. I'm also hoping for a more expansive and entertaining style of play.

RankPostsTeam
International Star336
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2017May 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
56768_1401973083.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_56768.jpg

Quote: Bonita Red "Noble was the right appointment for the initial job.
But you simply can't call either of them second rate coaches,purely because they're not to your taste.'"

I refer to this point in time and what is right for our club not what my taste is. If you were to ask me is Noble currently one on the best coaches available - one that could take us forward with an inventive attractive style of rugby then no he isn't. He took a great team to dizzy heights but as has been said on here before he is way behind the times and IMO rugby has moved on - he hasn't. Harris has done very little to suggest to me that he is ready for this appointment and that worries me. We have an owner who is obviously keen to see his investment reap quick rewards yet he is either being badly advised or is simply choosing the wrong personnel when he could have/afford the very best

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach10390No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11969.jpg
Me and are kid (TheButcher) putting the world two rights. ERIC SHAW PREDICTION LEAGUE & PLAY OFFS WINNER 2013 Don't like it? Well Frack off then. Energy & progress for all. Foe is our friend. mitie mouse, Lancetodd, Marshy1, eccles star, Dantes Inferno, Philyourboots, biggunbrad, DAVE@CAS1990, RED LEAGUE, OzWelsh, Red-Devils-PAW, newgroundb4wakey All blocked - Go ahead punk make my day.:11969.jpg

Quote: Walshovski "Noble seemed to say on the SL Show that Harris was lined up to become his assistant and then somehow things changed and he became his replacement. The most intriguing thing in all this is who advised Koukash that Harris was suitable head coach material.'"

I think that of all the other chairmen in the league the Doc has possibly formed quite a close relationship with Lenegan as they do seem to have many shared ideals for the future of SL so I'd guess that there is a good possibility that the Doc asked for his advise.

Also throw in HH, Hock, Long (gained from his brief spell working there last season) and too some extent Smith's friendship gained with many of the faces still at Wigan would all have inside knowledge on what Harris may bring to the table.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2488No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2014Aug 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17925.jpg

Quote: Wirecutter "It will be very interesting to see what changes Harris makes tactically. Obviously defense is one area that needs immediate attention as is the speeding up the play the ball. I'm also hoping for a more expansive and entertaining style of play.'"

One of the problems with Noble was that everyone thought the attacking play would be dour (but structured) and the defence would be solid. However, the defence so far has been poor and the attack has looked entirely without structure. Every time a team ships the ball wide against us we look at all sea and as soon as teams get a roll on against us they are cutting us to be ribbons around the ruck.

RankPostsTeam
International Star233
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2020Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Bonita Red
Cheeky half-back

Noble was the right appointment for the initial job.
But you simply can't call either of them second rate coaches,purely because they're not to your taste.

If they are not Australian,they must be second class!!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1301No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2022Mar 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

OK,if that had been explained to me I'd have understood.
Irony is alive and well.

103 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed
103 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.47119140625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Lower Crease
39m
Best Semi
Barstool Pre
49m