JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jan 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6248_1358341317.jpg
[b:2akkj491]Jeb End Reds[/b:2akkj491] [color=#FF0000:2akkj491][b:2akkj491][url=hhtp://www/foreverreds.co.uk/:2akkj491]SUPPORT FOREVER REDS - THE SALFORD CITY REDS SUPPORTERS' TRUST[/url:2akkj491][/b:2akkj491][/color:2akkj491] [b:2akkj491][color=red:2akkj491]MUFC[/color:2akkj491] ~ FCUM ~ [color=red:2akkj491]SRLFC[/color:2akkj491] ~ LCCC[/b:2akkj491] [url=http://undergreylancastrianskies.blogspot.com/:2akkj491]My Blog[/url:2akkj491] ~ [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/8580799@N06/:2akkj491]My Flickr[/url:2akkj491]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6248.jpg

Quote: irlamreddave "Still been trying to find answers in what Kennedy actually did that was so bad to Stockport county because I've still not had an answer with any concrete evidence but I have come across this!
You missed this article, then?

www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion ... 70857.html

Also see the thread below by 'onenoodle'.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=524382&tsmp=1334052140

Sale are in less of a position to be able to do what they did to Stockport because of not owning the stadium. We do need to worry more about how we go about our own business and being a poorly run club alongside a club with more potential to attract supporters. It could all blow over and not be an issue - but we still need to be cautious in the meantime.
Quote: irlamreddave "Still been trying to find answers in what Kennedy actually did that was so bad to Stockport county because I've still not had an answer with any concrete evidence but I have come across this!
You missed this article, then?

www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion ... 70857.html

Also see the thread below by 'onenoodle'.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=524382&tsmp=1334052140

Sale are in less of a position to be able to do what they did to Stockport because of not owning the stadium. We do need to worry more about how we go about our own business and being a poorly run club alongside a club with more potential to attract supporters. It could all blow over and not be an issue - but we still need to be cautious in the meantime.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach10390No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11969.jpg
Me and are kid (TheButcher) putting the world two rights. ERIC SHAW PREDICTION LEAGUE & PLAY OFFS WINNER 2013 Don't like it? Well Frack off then. Energy & progress for all. Foe is our friend. mitie mouse, Lancetodd, Marshy1, eccles star, Dantes Inferno, Philyourboots, biggunbrad, DAVE@CAS1990, RED LEAGUE, OzWelsh, Red-Devils-PAW, newgroundb4wakey All blocked - Go ahead punk make my day.:11969.jpg

Quote: GT "
Sale are in less of a position to be able to do what they did to Stockport because of not owning the stadium. We do need to worry more about how we go about our own business and being a poorly run club alongside a club with more potential to attract supporters. It could all blow over and not be an issue - but we still need to be cautious in the meantime.'"

I couldn't agree more, we run the risk of becoming so self absorbed with the fact a rugby union team is going to be sharing the stadium and not focus on the deficiencys that already exist. Think everyone pretty much takes it as a given that the way things are run behind the scenes need to improve drastically or the arguement for or against sharing with another team could rapidly become moot.

I personally think that we're on the verge of new ownership, be that by Kennedy or someone else, whoever it is I hope they usher in a new more professional regime.

GT
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner11532
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jan 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6248_1358341317.jpg
[b:2akkj491]Jeb End Reds[/b:2akkj491] [color=#FF0000:2akkj491][b:2akkj491][url=hhtp://www/foreverreds.co.uk/:2akkj491]SUPPORT FOREVER REDS - THE SALFORD CITY REDS SUPPORTERS' TRUST[/url:2akkj491][/b:2akkj491][/color:2akkj491] [b:2akkj491][color=red:2akkj491]MUFC[/color:2akkj491] ~ FCUM ~ [color=red:2akkj491]SRLFC[/color:2akkj491] ~ LCCC[/b:2akkj491] [url=http://undergreylancastrianskies.blogspot.com/:2akkj491]My Blog[/url:2akkj491] ~ [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/8580799@N06/:2akkj491]My Flickr[/url:2akkj491]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6248.jpg

Quote: Red John "The reliability or otherwise of the grapevine isn't really the issue. Isn't the fact that the club aren't happy with the stadium managment a good thing?'"

I'd say it's a yes and no situation. Yes because it's good they acknowledge this, no because we seem unable to do anything about it, for whatever reason.

Quote: Red John "It's not just 5%. It's 5% for every one pound taken off the admission price. You suggested (I think) £15, which would require an increase in attendance of around 1400 adults paying full price in order for the club to not lose money. Personally, I doubt we could get that at the moment. That said, I do think prices are too high, and maybe £18 would be better, but, as I said, the club have to be careful.'"

I am aware of that and I probably worded the initial post incorrectly. I still think an increase like that is possible, albeit not overnight. Continued ticket offers along with scrapping the free ticket nonsense with that radio station will eventually take hold - but they don't need to be run every week. Of course, the bad luck with the weather doesn't help but if we keep persisting then one day I see no reason why we cannot build the crowds up. A lower admission price will go a long way to solving that issue.

Quote: Red John "It does appear the SMC and Ticketline are making a balls of things. When looking for organisations that are badly run, there's two right there. But if they're not willing to listen, how does that make [iSalford[/i badly run?'"

I'm starting to think you're drifting from the initial intention of these posts. The question I was responding to was "what would you do differently?" not "what points to Salford being poorly run for 30 years?" The SMC, Ticketline and G4S are all a complete shower (I've had dealings with G4S elsewhere. It's no coincidence that Lancashire's stewarding is now regarded as the worst and rudest on the County circuit) but as tenants of the stadium who are directly affected by the way in which things are run, we need to be liaising with them in order to help things run more smoothly.

Quote: Red John "True, but if the club have got limited resources, you have to look where those resources are best spent. They seem to have improved on-line communication with Facebook, etc., but it looks like the web shop has suffered. But then how important is the web shop? How much merchandise does the club sell in general?'"

I don't know exact figures, but I'm sure merchandise sales are hampered by the lack of an online presence. You'd be surprised how many supporters we have that are outside Salford, by quite a distance in some cases. I've heard a number of people say they'd buy stuff if a) it was easier to do so and b) if certain things were added to the range of merchandise. As I've said, a webshop can be run on a shoestring budget. Easily.

Quote: Red John "There are two comments you make here which sum up why I asked the question about what actual evidence there is that the club are badly runsure[/i there must be someone.....; you'd [iimagine[/i the club chose to close the East Stand..... These are both conjecture, not hard evidence. And it's not difficult to come up with a different view of things. Having worked for an organisation that ended up operating on a shoestring budget (and it really was a badly run organisation) I'm less sure that people could be made available to cover for others on breaks.'"

Strangely enough I currently work for an organisation, a sporting one no less, that operates on shoestring budget. A shoestring budget doesn't mean having to compromise on quality, nor does it mean you'd be unable to provide cover for people. Let's be honest, to my mind being able to have the shop open constantly, particularly as dinner time is when most people would be able to pop down there, is just good practice.

Quote: Red John "With regards the East Stand, we know that the SMC are keen to close stands to cut down on stewarding costs. Could this not have been the case here? Could they not have sprung this on the club at the last minute? Could this be one of the reasons why the club aren't happy?'"

That could be down to a lack of communication between club and SMC, I'll agree - but it would have made more sense to me to sell STs in two stands at first just to be on the safe side. Someone somewhere must've had an inkling that stands may require shutting if crowds don't go as planned.

Quote: Red John "No doubt some things could be done better, but I still don't see evidence that Salford are badly run rather than operating on a very limited budget. There are some understandable quibbles, particularly about ticketing, but, for me, it's not always clear that it's the club's fault. And it doesn't shout 'badly run club' to me. Being forced to sell the lease on your stadium without checking what effect it would have on credit streams from the bank, leading to you having to put out a begging bowl to help get you through the rest of the season is a sign of a badly run club. I'm just not seeing that at Salford (yet!).'"

Again, you asked for what people would do differently, not "what is a sign of a poorly run club." There is a number of examples of that over the years mind, the email address story I've told you on this very thread is one which you seem to brush over a bit. Someone somewhere does have a list of these things, if I'm able to I'll get a few examples off it.

GT
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner11532
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jan 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6248_1358341317.jpg

Quote: Michigan red "I couldn't agree more, we run the risk of becoming so self absorbed with the fact a rugby union team is going to be sharing the stadium and not focus on the deficiencys that already exist. Think everyone pretty much takes it as a given that the way things are run behind the scenes need to improve drastically or the arguement for or against sharing with another team could rapidly become moot.'"

Agreed, but I think more than it being a union club, most people's genuine concern is that they're a club in a position to take advantage of our own cock-ups as well as the example of what happened to Stockport. If it was, say, United reserves moving in then I think people would be less fussed as they're already established and judging by some of the PR f**k ups over the years less likely to make us look stupid.

Quote: Michigan red "I personally think that we're on the verge of new ownership, be that by Kennedy or someone else, whoever it is I hope they usher in a new more professional regime.'"

Well if rumours are to be believed, we are and it means one person in particular could be staring down the barrel...

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach10390No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11969.jpg
Me and are kid (TheButcher) putting the world two rights. ERIC SHAW PREDICTION LEAGUE & PLAY OFFS WINNER 2013 Don't like it? Well Frack off then. Energy & progress for all. Foe is our friend. mitie mouse, Lancetodd, Marshy1, eccles star, Dantes Inferno, Philyourboots, biggunbrad, DAVE@CAS1990, RED LEAGUE, OzWelsh, Red-Devils-PAW, newgroundb4wakey All blocked - Go ahead punk make my day.:11969.jpg

Quote: GT "Agreed, but I think more than it being a union club, most people's genuine concern is that they're a club in a position to take advantage of our own cock-ups as well as the example of what happened to Stockport. If it was, say, United reserves moving in then I think people would be less fussed as they're already established and judging by some of the PR f**k ups over the years less likely to make us look stupid.

Well if rumours are to be believed, we are and it means one person in particular could be staring down the barrel...'"

Do you have any indications as too who is looking at buying in? Been racking my brains and can't think of anyone Salford born who'd be willing to do so who hasn't already been mentioned before. Fred Done would be the obvious person but just don't think there is the interest.

And I take it you mean Tarry, only ever had fleeting dealings with him and the impression you get is he talks a good game but that is the extent of it.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach711
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2022Jan 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10879_1306320340.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10879.jpg

i would be shocked if anyone other than Kennedy took us over within the next 12 months. The club has very little to offer at present to any potential buyer other than BK and that is at a stretch but i can see the business sense at least for him.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach10390No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11969.jpg

Quote: Ayres Rock "i would be shocked if anyone other than Kennedy took us over within the next 12 months. The club has very little to offer at present to any potential buyer other than BK and that is at a stretch but i can see the business sense at least for him.'"

Isn't there scope for someone to buy the club when it is worth the least to get the best deal? Keep saying it but think the closer we get to the building of Port Salford the better purchase Salford becomes.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator7498
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2017Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1055_1445006780.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_1055.gif

Just watched this week's episode of rlSuper League Back Chatrl (it's a cracking little programme). Martyn Sadler, Andy Wilson and Barrie McDermott spoke a bit about the Sale moving in. The thing that they were most impressed about, Sadler in particular, was the extent to which Sale briefed the media both before and during the press conference. Whereas Salford, apparently sent nothing. Also, it didn't go unnoticed that Salford were the only team not to release the 18-man squad for Monday's game before the RL newspapers went to press.

Whether the club are aggrieved about it or not, its PR isn't thought much of within the game. The RL journos, honchos and publishers I've spoke tend to make a point of it. So when we're talking about things that Salford can improve for little to no extra financial investment, PR is certainly up there.

(P.S. Don't get this mixed up with advertising and promotion. The club have been very unlucky with the weather in the two matches they have really pushed.)

Quote: Shark J "We didn't want to move to a ground in the middle of nowhere with hardly any public transport links, pubs nearby, playing on Friday nights when traffic is a nightmare. But we're here now.'"

Ditto. It'll be alright in 20-30 years though. By which time it will be surrounded by terraced houses and become an area 'that doesn't appeal to corporates'.

Quote: Shark J "True, but if the club have got limited resources, you have to look where those resources are best spent. They seem to have improved on-line communication with Facebook, etc., but it looks like the web shop has suffered.'"

Just to reiterate, the web side of things would barely cost anything to develop in-house. Facebook could also be utilised to sell things. The bigger issue I imagine would be purchasing stock for the shop.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1301No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2022Mar 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Yes,the Sale briefing was excellent and very professional.
We could have done that with a little bit of effort,say 2 hours of someone's time.
Lots of issues are outside the Clubs control but that could certainly have been produced by the CEO

RankPostsTeam
International Star51No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2014Jul 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
disney1/Dis26.gif
:disney1/Dis26.gif

Anyone else feel the same as me..We should go back to the Willows and leave Barton to the Rah Rah`s..Spend a few thousand on the old girl...The RFL wouldn`t kick us out cos of the poor standard of the Willows .The way things are going with other teams, they would be lucky to get 14 solvent teams anyway. icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1301No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2022Mar 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

In a word,no

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach2990No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13977_1335458918.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_13977.jpg

Quote: Redfordanger "Anyone else feel the same as me..We should go back to the Willows and leave Barton to the Rah Rah`s..Spend a few thousand on the old girl...The RFL wouldn`t kick us out cos of the poor standard of the Willows .The way things are going with other teams, they would be lucky to get 14 solvent teams anyway.
I suppose you are also wanting to bring back Sedan Chairs so that the atmosphere is less polluted.

Sale are here now - get over it - work with them amd lets see both clubs flourish.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach961No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2021Jul 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Chico "Just watched this week's episode of rlSuper League Back Chatrl (it's a cracking little programme). Martyn Sadler, Andy Wilson and Barrie McDermott spoke a bit about the Sale moving in. The thing that they were most impressed about, Sadler in particular, was the extent to which Sale briefed the media both before and during the press conference. Whereas Salford, apparently sent nothing. Also, it didn't go unnoticed that Salford were the only team not to release the 18-man squad for Monday's game before the RL newspapers went to press.

Whether the club are aggrieved about it or not, its PR isn't thought much of within the game. The RL journos, honchos and publishers I've spoke tend to make a point of it. So when we're talking about things that Salford can improve for little to no extra financial investment, PR is certainly up there.

(P.S. Don't get this mixed up with advertising and promotion. The club have been very unlucky with the weather in the two matches they have really pushed.)

Ditto. It'll be alright in 20-30 years though. By which time it will be surrounded by terraced houses and become an area 'that doesn't appeal to corporates'.

Just to reiterate, the web side of things would barely cost anything to develop in-house. Facebook could also be utilised to sell things. The bigger issue I imagine would be purchasing stock for the shop.'"

Excellent post Chico, for what it's worth I feel that our move to the Salford City Stadium has been overshadowed by the Sale move to the Salford City Stadium and I don't blame Sale 100%.

The club have missed chance after chance to promote everything about the club to all and sundry and lessons must be learned and things sorted out quickly if the Salford City Reds are to be as successful as we all hope they will be.

Compare our write ups to the ones that Sale get, compare our press releases to the ones that Sale put out and I am not a media person at all but I am certain that the club can be marketed,promoted and generally talked up more professionally than we have been lately.

I would have preferred for Sale not to be our co-tenants at the stadium but they are and I wont lose any sleep over it but the fans should be told exactly what the implications are over the tenancy agreements that both clubs have signed up to and I am not suggesting that we are told everything but for example-

Will the running costs for the City Reds reduce now that Sale are here?

How will each club be marketed on match days within & outside the stadium?

How will the clubs Logo's be set up outside the stadium?

Will there be any shared training facilities?

Will there be any underground heating fitted?

Plus many,many more

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4678No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Jun 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
18952_1309202725.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_18952.jpg

Interesting to note Sale are charging £17 in the standing areas for next season, but prices go up to a whopping £47 for the 'gold' section, which appears to be 90% of the main stand. Only £99 for an adult standing season ticket though for anyone who renews before May 5th.

I see Sale are also having an open day for supporters on both Sunday and Wednesday. Anyone know when Salfords is?

On a final note, I wonder if when Sale inevitably sell out their pre season game vs Leinster in August will be the moment when the penny drops for certain people on here regarding our status at the stadium, especially when we do a £10 family offer in the local paper and still only manage to pull in another mthyical crowd figure of exactly 5000.

PS I agree with the post above from Original Salford City Red 100%.

RankPostsTeam
International Star424No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2012Sep 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
62282_1327231819.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_62282.jpg

In hindesight We never should have left the willows. What would the response be if we could rewind a few years back to the news that we,d be selling our home to rent and groundshare with Sale RU, but as a club we had to distinguish all the time, monies, and effort to get this stadium to fruition, with Sale RU sat on their s smoking their big fat cigar doing NOTHING, and not only that bombshell we also HAD to surrender prime tenancy to these parasites muscling their way in. I think we'd witness a huge protest in some way blocking this move. But somehow these owners still wriggle out of the equation unscathed with some folk actually thinking this club is well run. UNBELIEVABLE..

562 posts in 38 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed
562 posts in 38 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

6.1787109375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Grand Final Place
Vancouver Le
Recent
Seeking favourite images from grounds - past or present
retrosports
Recent