FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Salford Red Devils > Exciting news???
54 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach961No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2021Jul 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: redgunner "I am a member of the forever reds! I would like to know if the forever reds committee are ever allowed or encouraged to meet with the management of the club, or if our supporters have tried to raise a forum as a link between the board & supporters.

I occasionally attend forever reds meetings & enjoy meeting representatives of the clubs mainly players. I am not sure forever reds as such a mandate to ask or actively pursue a more active dialogue.

I applaud the hard work forever reds committee members put in but it appears unlike other clubs their is no dialogue between representatives of both, which would surely at least improve communication, or am I being to simplistic.

Finally I know whatever Management / board runs any company there is only so much that can be discussed but surely from where we sit this need improving drastically.'"

Since Forever Reds was founded there have been many times when the Chairman, Vice Chairman , other directors, Chief Executive and the various coaches have attended meetings with the members, not in the last 18 months/two years or so although Matt Parish did make an appearance during his short stint with us, Steve Simms was also in attendance.

There was talk, at the time when the new stadium was proposed, of a definite formal link between the supporters and the board but it hasn't got off the ground.

When I mention to friends who support other RL clubs or other sporting clubs they are amazed when I explain how you can approach the Chairman , other directors etc in an informal way and virtually discuss anything to do with the club (within reason) whenever you bump into them.

My last discussion with the powers that be was at an Under 20s match and myself and others chatted about various things to do with the club.

Not many Chairmen are as approachable as ours and clearly in the last 12/18 months he has been focusing his mind on other matters which is understandable.

You are correct in that people can be too approachable and what they say is sometimes taken out of context and on occasions is in the MEN the following day, usually barking up the wrong tree.

Don't forget the Forever Reds AGM 18th June Chandos Club 7.30pm

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach678No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2018Sep 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Original Salford City Red: Thank you for your informed feed back & I will be attending the AGM.
I suppose I see us fans going round in circles & it seems to me bad news or badly informed news sends this forum into meltdown & any positives seem to always be frowned on.
I am not trying to create a rosy picture but sometimes I feel an informed fans view might address the forum with more balanced debates.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach961No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2021Jul 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: redgunner "Original Salford City Red

I agree.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member3987No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2016Jul 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Humans, male/MALE2.JPG
*** Missed one of Salford Red Devils Independent fan podcast DEVIL IN THE DETAIL use the link below and catch up, or our facebook page to get all upto date gossip facebook Devil in The Detail SRD [url]https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=270334099791871[url] catch up here [url]https://www.soundcloud.com/devil-in-the-detail-srd[/url] ***Salford City Reds #1 Prophet Of Fulfilment***:Humans, male/MALE2.JPG

Quote: John Charnock "The rent cut has to be good news, and I'm sure it wouldn't have happened without the Sale rugby union stadium sharing arrangement.'"

so next time we all go anti-sale they are going to kill us i think we need to remember this

Quote: John Charnock "Fading into obscurity at the Willows or going to the wall at Barton? '"

Us fans ask the club to be ambitious, show forward thinking, be positive for me they did all of this when moving to barton, it seems they rolled the dice and it didnt come in, is it their fault? for trying to do it on a shoe string budget? is it us the fans fault for not promoting enough in the area though friends / work colleges? ive said it before id rather us go out in a blaze of glory trying to succeed rather than slip, slide and stumble and fall like Swinton forever looking back and saying "remember the glory days station road ect" playing infront of 200 people

Quote: John Charnock "I know John personally and know he's a great man with Salford's best interests at heart, and I will thank him for everything he's done in the past and until this day. I'm in no way shape or form having a go at him for what he's done, but now is the time we need some new blood/fresh investment before it's too late,.'"

I agree with Ave it we are forever indebt to JW, HC and the rest of the board who continue to put their hands in their pockets to keep our boat afloat, hopefully now with the terms changed we will become more of opportunity for somebody to invest and take us to the next level financially.
I do feel we would be a better investment opporunity than lets say Bradford / wakefield / Castleford so hopefully this interest will become more solid.

i do feel that if an investor is found JW and co will sell us to a person who they feel have the clubs best interest at heart rather than just throw us at the person who comes nearest

Unfortunately if / when this happens and we do get a new investor i feel we will lose that "touchy feely" relationship us fans have with JW and co.
To be fair since our move to Barton ive seen JW once and that was IN the corridoor on the way out of the corporate bit so reaily the tranformation from local rugby club where you can talk to our chairman / directors and chew the fat about stuff to Business where any kind of communication is though the club website / club shop has started already.

But we do want the club to be run in a more proffessional way so can we moan about such events taking place?

Im hoping that a new investor comes in realises who is good at what they do and who isnt and fills the club with people who can take us to the next level in every aspect, it will cost money but if we are coming from such a low level financially perhaps it wont break our new bank

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1114No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2015Aug 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Salary cap - you're havin a laugh.:

Sadly the club over recent times have decided only to communicate with fans if it is what they want to hear. Any sort of genuine questions/concerns are met with entirely the wrong attitude. A recent post on here about the club shop being closed after a game was dismissed by the club staff on facebook as being 'easy to post lies on an internet forum.' After being questioned further, 2 pages later the same club staff admitted their had been a mix up with a set of keys going missing. There have been quite a few similar instances where it is hard to believe club officials would reply to supporters in such an amateur fashion. Can't see any proper dialogue with fans being set up anytime soon, as their are too many uncertainties which the club would rather keep quiet than have to answer to.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member3987No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2016Jul 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Humans, male/MALE2.JPG
*** Missed one of Salford Red Devils Independent fan podcast DEVIL IN THE DETAIL use the link below and catch up, or our facebook page to get all upto date gossip facebook Devil in The Detail SRD [url]https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=270334099791871[url] catch up here [url]https://www.soundcloud.com/devil-in-the-detail-srd[/url] ***Salford City Reds #1 Prophet Of Fulfilment***:Humans, male/MALE2.JPG

I think communication with the club is far better than it has been for.....well forever, but you are right they do seem to dodge the big questions which need answering but you have to remember that anything they say on the offical facebook page is just like a press release reaily, they play everything with a straight bat and im glad reaily.

Its come along way with two way communication with the club and the fans and us fans do get to know about events which the club are running in the community but its a long road ahead but it is not impossible, i dont think us fans or the club are at a stage where they could hold a facebook questions and answers session with DT for example without it turning into a witch hunt unfortunatley.

The good thing is that with this line of communication open the club have nowhere to hide and us fans can ask questions that arnt designed to trip the club up in anyway, you could also say that now the club has the facility to communicate to its fans and ask for opinions of stuff we can say what us fans would want and it doesnt take off and become a success we cant blame the club for trying only ourselfs for not backing up our requests.

RankPostsTeam
International Star310No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2014May 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

When or if will they give us this exciting news are as always rumours as normal ruin the expectation this should have come out by now if it was good news from the club. Or are these rumours coming out just to keep supporters optimistic

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2488No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2014Aug 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17925.jpg
:17925.jpg

Quote: eccles star "When or if will they give us this exciting news are as always rumours as normal ruin the expectation this should have come out by now if it was good news from the club. Or are these rumours coming out just to keep supporters optimistic'"

The news is out. . . .

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2488No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2014Aug 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17925.jpg

Quote: The optimist "I think communication with the club is far better than it has been for.....well forever, '"

In the last three editions of the main Rugby League newspaper there has been a story published stating we have banned by the RFL from signing any new players due to financial difficulties. There was a story in this week saying the ban has now been lifted.

In the last few days it has been reported in the press that we have signed a deal cutting our rent at Barton which we help us stave off, or at least postpone, financial meltdown. Salford have made no comment whatsoever on these stories. When the Sale deal was announced we learnt more about the workings of Barton in one press release from their club than we had done in the whole process from Salford. Whenever there is any news, good, bad or indifferent Salford just bunker down and refuse to comment. The North Korean government are more forthcoming with public comment. No wonder people on here say the rumour mill always goes out of control if people aren't being given any official information.

But at least we've got Facebook where people can post inane comments and the club can publish polls based on an incorrect league table taken from our own website.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman6769No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2013Aug 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons39ad_files/4795-1859san_c-msnicons.jpg
Holts Sweet Holts Never Drink on an Empty Head BIGPEV THE ONLY MAN TO GET A REAL INJURY AT THE STOOP:icons39ad_files/4795-1859san_c-msnicons.jpg

At least in North Korea they can get to the crowds out to watch dross.
On a more serious note, whatever happens to JW the club need to look at the management structure and who currently occupy these positions, to go forward a club needs a dynamic leadership team working across all aspects of the business. We at Salford do not have this and for all the money put in by JW and the board members if we don't get that dynamism some the club will go to the wall through the decisions made by these people, a corporate uniform might be a start so that the staff in the customer facing roles look smart and business like, small things can make a difference when companies come along and the club is looking for sponsorship and investment.

GT
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner11532
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jan 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6248_1358341317.jpg
[b:2akkj491]Jeb End Reds[/b:2akkj491] [color=#FF0000:2akkj491][b:2akkj491][url=hhtp://www/foreverreds.co.uk/:2akkj491]SUPPORT FOREVER REDS - THE SALFORD CITY REDS SUPPORTERS' TRUST[/url:2akkj491][/b:2akkj491][/color:2akkj491] [b:2akkj491][color=red:2akkj491]MUFC[/color:2akkj491] ~ FCUM ~ [color=red:2akkj491]SRLFC[/color:2akkj491] ~ LCCC[/b:2akkj491] [url=http://undergreylancastrianskies.blogspot.com/:2akkj491]My Blog[/url:2akkj491] ~ [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/8580799@N06/:2akkj491]My Flickr[/url:2akkj491]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6248.jpg

Quote: The optimist "Us fans ask the club to be ambitious, show forward thinking, be positive for me they did all of this when moving to barton, it seems they rolled the dice and it didnt come in, is it their fault? for trying to do it on a shoe string budget? is it us the fans fault for not promoting enough in the area though friends / work colleges? ive said it before id rather us go out in a blaze of glory trying to succeed rather than slip, slide and stumble and fall like Swinton forever looking back and saying "remember the glory days station road ect" playing infront of 200 people'"

You've decided to ignore everything else I've posted on the subject, haven't you? And for pity's sake Bobby, can you please stop suggesting that Salford supporters may have a hand in things not working out at the club? No matter what happens is always "up to us, the fans" rather than those that are paid to run, promote and manage the club.

Quote: The optimist "I think communication with the club is far better than it has been for.....well forever, but you are right they do seem to dodge the big questions which need answering but you have to remember that anything they say on the offical facebook page is just like a press release reaily, they play everything with a straight bat and im glad reaily.

Its come along way with two way communication with the club and the fans and us fans do get to know about events which the club are running in the community but its a long road ahead but it is not impossible, i dont think us fans or the club are at a stage where they could hold a facebook questions and answers session with DT for example without it turning into a witch hunt unfortunatley.

The good thing is that with this line of communication open the club have nowhere to hide and us fans can ask questions that arnt designed to trip the club up in anyway, you could also say that now the club has the facility to communicate to its fans and ask for opinions of stuff we can say what us fans would want and it doesnt take off and become a success we cant blame the club for trying only ourselfs for not backing up our requests.'"

Communication is still crap. I've asked questions on there and been ignored and I'm not the only one. I'm sure you also remember the 'discussion' with the McNallys where I was basically told that Facebook would be the only official communication route from here on in and if people were really that bothered about keeping in touch they'd join FB just for that purpose. So bugger anyone who doesn't want a FB account, doesn't know how to work a FB account or who just doesn't use a computer and/or the internet. That's hardly improving things and opening up lines of communication.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2488No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2014Aug 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17925.jpg

Quote: Bigpev "At least in North Korea they can get to the crowds out to watch dross.
On a more serious note, whatever happens to JW the club need to look at the management structure and who currently occupy these positions, to go forward a club needs a dynamic leadership team working across all aspects of the business. We at Salford do not have this and for all the money put in by JW and the board members if we don't get that dynamism some the club will go to the wall through the decisions made by these people, a corporate uniform might be a start so that the staff in the customer facing roles look smart and business like, small things can make a difference when companies come along and the club is looking for sponsorship and investment.'"

Good post.

PS. The more you think about it Salford RL is very similar to North Korea. A supreme leader (Wilky) who has offered little apart from fragile stability yet is adored by the people in a strange personality cult.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach10390No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11969.jpg
Me and are kid (TheButcher) putting the world two rights. ERIC SHAW PREDICTION LEAGUE & PLAY OFFS WINNER 2013 Don't like it? Well Frack off then. Energy & progress for all. Foe is our friend. mitie mouse, Lancetodd, Marshy1, eccles star, Dantes Inferno, Philyourboots, biggunbrad, DAVE@CAS1990, RED LEAGUE, OzWelsh, Red-Devils-PAW, newgroundb4wakey All blocked - Go ahead punk make my day.:11969.jpg

Quote: Walshovski "Good post.

PS. The more you think about it Salford RL is very similar to North Korea. A supreme leader (Wilky) who has offered little apart from fragile stability yet is adored by the people in a strange personality cult.'"

Does Wilky love Matt Damon too icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1749No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2014Nov 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46828_1381397654.png
[b:1ut2mx8s][color=#FF0000:1ut2mx8s]Devils Disciples required - No initiation ceremony needed just enter AJ Bell Stadium on Gameday to be accepted.[/color:1ut2mx8s][/b:1ut2mx8s]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_46828.png

Quote: GT "All the info you need on Forever Reds can be found on this link:

I thank you !

RankPostsTeam
International Star310No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2014May 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

If that is exiting news i would hate to see billiant news

54 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
54 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

2.9228515625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Rumours thread
Kettykat
6m
Leigh it is
doc999
9m
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
9m
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
10m
Film game
Wanderer
31m
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Shabino
39m
Tonights match v HKR
Barstool Pre
39m
Isa 1 year extension
[Gareth]
Recent
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Vancouver Le
Recent
TV Games - Not Hull
ComeOnYouUll
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Worst semi
lefty goldbl
52s
TV games not Wire
100% Wire
55s
Who do you want to win the Grand Final
Mr Snoodle
1m
Play-off semi-final
BarnsleyGull
1m
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Shabino
1m
Isa 1 year extension
[Gareth]
1m
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
tad rhino
1m
Ashurst to depart
BarnsleyGull
1m
Hull KR Survive Warrington Fightback To Secure Grand Final Spot
RLFANS News
1m
2025 membership/renewals
The Dentist
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Who do you want to win the Grand Final
Mr Snoodle
TODAY
Worst semi
lefty goldbl
TODAY
2025 TRANSFER AND RETENTION RUMOURS
Listenup94
TODAY
Sam Burgess
Wires71
TODAY
Hull KR Survive Warrington Fightback To Secure Grand Final Spot
RLFANS News
TODAY
Squad 2025
Nat (Rugby_A
TODAY
Tonights match v HKR
Barstool Pre
TODAY
Isa 1 year extension
[Gareth]
TODAY
2024 IMG gradings
northernblok
TODAY
Championship Awards
Butcher
TODAY
Season tickets
terry silver
TODAY
Best Semi
sir adrian m
TODAY
Ben Condon is a Leopard
Jack Gaskell
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Vancouver Le
TODAY
Any decent RL reads for me hols
norbellini
TODAY
Championship Play Off Final
PopTart
TODAY
Man of Steel
matt_wire
TODAY
Guest appearance
AgbriggAmble
TODAY
Squad for HKR
MorePlaymake
TODAY
Proposed rule changes 2025
MjM
TODAY
Fev H Play Off
Rafa9
TODAY
Whose going for a beer in Wigan Saturday
Deeeekos
TODAY
Play-off semi-final
BarnsleyGull
TODAY
Coach of the Year
Howfenwire
TODAY
Greatest game ever at HJ
Fantastic Mr
TODAY
World Club Challenge
Barstool Pre
TODAY
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Hull KR Away Play Off Semi
rubber ducki
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Hull KR Survive Warrington Fig..
Warrington Wolves Break Saints..
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off P..
Catalans Dragons Finish Sevent..
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
Wigan Warriors Defeat Hull KR ..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.64M 3,069 80,13114,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29
17:30
Wigan
v
Leigh
 TOMORROW
     National Rugby League 2024-R31
09:30
Melbourne
v
Penrith
       League One 2024-R26
15:00
Keighley
v
Hunslet
       Championship 2024-R29
Bradford
v
Featherstone
York
v
Widnes
     Womens Super League 2024-R16
16:30
York V
v
St.HelensW
 Sun 27th Oct
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Sat 5th Oct
SL
17:30
Wigan-Leigh
Sun 6th Oct
L1
Keighley-Hunslet
WSL2024
16:30
York V-St.HelensW
NRL
09:30
Melbourne-Penrith
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Fri 4th Oct
SL 29 Hull KR10-8Warrington
Sun 29th Sep
L1 25 Rochdale26-46Hunslet
CH 28 Barrow24-26Widnes
CH 28 Bradford50-0Swinton
CH 28 Dewsbury28-8Sheffield
CH 28 Wakefield72-6Doncaster
CH 28 Whitehaven23-20Halifax
CH 28 York16-6Featherstone
Sat 28th Sep
CH 28 Toulouse64-16Batley
SL 28 Warrington23-22St.Helens
NRL 30 Penrith26-6Cronulla
Fri 27th Sep
SL 28 Salford6-14Leigh
NRL 30 Melbourne48-18Sydney
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Hull KR 28 729 335 394 44
Wigan 27 721 336 385 44
Warrington 29 769 351 418 42
Leigh 28 580 404 176 33
Salford 28 556 561 -5 32
St.Helens 28 618 411 207 30

Catalans 27 475 427 48 30
Leeds 27 530 488 42 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
Hull FC 27 328 894 -566 6
LondonB 27 317 916 -599 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 26 1010 262 748 50
Toulouse 25 744 368 376 35
Bradford 26 678 387 291 34
York 27 655 469 186 30
Widnes 26 551 475 76 29
Featherstone 26 622 500 122 28

Sheffield 26 626 526 100 28
Doncaster 26 498 619 -121 25
Halifax 26 509 650 -141 22
Batley 26 422 591 -169 22