FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Salford Red Devils > The Doc's latest latest (Hock)
67 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1269No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Aug 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
19648.gif
:19648.gif

Quote: Michigan red "If he still has 3 years to run on his deal then there must surely be a hefty fee involved, if it is too someone like Saints then the prudent thing would be for the Doc too look for a swap deal. Given the history between the Doc and McManus then I doubt Hock will be allowed to leave for anything less than top Dollar.'"

I think you'll be lucky to get top dollar for him. Too risky a player to spend big on and I doubt Salford can afford to have someone playing half d seeing out his contract. Not the way to break into the 8.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman2524
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1217.jpg
Knowledge flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings:1217.jpg

Quote: stouffer "Could Koukash de-register him and let him rot? It'd be a massive waste of money, obviously.'"

I suspect any good employment lawyer would have a field day with that one!

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach10390No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11969.jpg
Me and are kid (TheButcher) putting the world two rights. ERIC SHAW PREDICTION LEAGUE & PLAY OFFS WINNER 2013 Don't like it? Well Frack off then. Energy & progress for all. Foe is our friend. mitie mouse, Lancetodd, Marshy1, eccles star, Dantes Inferno, Philyourboots, biggunbrad, DAVE@CAS1990, RED LEAGUE, OzWelsh, Red-Devils-PAW, newgroundb4wakey All blocked - Go ahead punk make my day.:11969.jpg

Quote: Magic Superbeetle " Out of curiosity, supposing this is Saints, and supposing it was a swap deal Salford was after, who would be considered "fair" taking into consideration Hock wants out?
'"

I'd take McCarthy-Scarsbrook as an impact forward and Percival as we still need extra cover in the back line for me.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2666No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201312 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2017Nov 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Salford Red Devils RLFC. [quote="Gotcha":y7izhg01]Salford won't win Super League in my lifetime. Even saying in jest they would sounds stupid.[/quote:y7izhg01]:

The bloke sh*t on Wigan, despite them standing by him following his 2 year drug ban. He then turned his back on Parramatta despite signing a lucrative contract with them. We know what happened with the England squad, despite having the amazing opportunity to play in a World Cup in your own country. Then, after a 7 game ban for deliberate contact with a referee he hands in a transfer request.

I thought Salford was his last chance, I cant see many other clubs queing to pay top dollar for a player that is such a liability. It just doesn't make sense. Yes he's great a player on his day, but unfortunately those days are just to few and far between thesedays for Gareth Hock.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach780No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2023Jul 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

The bloke is a total plank in my opinion. Over rated in the extreme for his playing ability and nobody will pay a fee for him. It would be like shelling out on a dog who you know will from time to time bite people and regularly crap on the living room carpet.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1114No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2015Aug 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Salary cap - you're havin a laugh.:

Quote: John Gilbert Reds "The bloke sh*t on Wigan, despite them standing by him following his 2 year drug ban. He then turned his back on Parramatta despite signing a lucrative contract with them. We know what happened with the England squad, despite having the amazing opportunity to play in a World Cup in your own country. Then, after a 7 game ban for deliberate contact with a referee he hands in a transfer request.

I thought Salford was his last chance, I cant see many other clubs queing to pay top dollar for a player that is such a liability. It just doesn't make sense. Yes he's great a player on his day, but unfortunately those days are just to few and far between thesedays for Gareth Hock.'"

At least 'HAM' has been completed at last. icon_cool.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach10390No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11969.jpg
Me and are kid (TheButcher) putting the world two rights. ERIC SHAW PREDICTION LEAGUE & PLAY OFFS WINNER 2013 Don't like it? Well Frack off then. Energy & progress for all. Foe is our friend. mitie mouse, Lancetodd, Marshy1, eccles star, Dantes Inferno, Philyourboots, biggunbrad, DAVE@CAS1990, RED LEAGUE, OzWelsh, Red-Devils-PAW, newgroundb4wakey All blocked - Go ahead punk make my day.:11969.jpg

Quote: worksopwildcat "The bloke is a total plank in my opinion. Over rated in the extreme for his playing ability and nobody will pay a fee for him. It would be like shelling out on a dog who you know will from time to time bite people and regularly crap on the living room carpet.'"

Made me giggle.

But I'd say your very wrong on his playing ability, still one of the best British back rowers in the game. Also has the best ability for self induced brain farts I've ever seem.

RankPostsTeam
International Star578
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201312 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2016Nov 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
69942_1364386151.jpg
[url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/116458994@N04:1ai01i7f]My Flickr[/url:1ai01i7f] [url=https://www.twitter.com/bandgeekmafia78:1ai01i7f]My Twitter[/url:1ai01i7f] [url=http://www.deviltalk.co.uk:1ai01i7f]DevilTalk[/url:1ai01i7f]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_69942.jpg

I think we'll find it tough to replace Hock. I'm interested to know why he's handed in a request in the first place.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman4159No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2019Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1602.jpg
Sad preacher nailed upon the coloured door of time; Insane teacher be there reminded of the rhyme. There'll be no mutant enemy we shall certify; Political ends, as sad remains, will die.:1602.jpg

from today's MEN:
"Sources close to the player, however, say he has had what they term 'a sickener of Salford'.

It is also mooted a seven match ban handed out by the RFL in July for allegedly clashing with a referee has further frustrated him"

a sickener?

RankPostsTeam
International Star50No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2017Jul 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

The whole situation is getting embarrassing now. Any realistic Salford fan knew we were never going to break into the top 8 this year let alone the top 6 whilst Koukash brought us much needed publicity in the off season he made promises he couldn’t keep and sadly a lot of our fans fell for those promises. The reaction after Sunday has been OTT yes we were poor but we have been for the majority of the season, whilst there has been an improvement in recent weeks some fans have been fooled into thinking we are better than we actually are, Sunday brought us crashing back down to earth. We had / have a lot of average players and for some reason people think they’re better than what they actually are.

I think we will struggle to break into the 8 next year, we are lacking a class hooker and a couple of props although hopefully we can sign a prop with the money freed up from Hock leaving, the quota is now full so they’d have to be English.. Not having a go at the players brought in from the Championship and they may turn out to be good but they don’t fill me with confidence that they can take us to that next level.

Koukash now needs to take back seat in this off season let the dust settle for a bit and hope that Harris can get the team ready for next year.

Twitter should also be banned.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner5594
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Aug 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6329_1327085433.jpg
...Diagnosing SBD (Sporting Bipolar Disorder) since 2003... Negs bringing down the tone of your forum? Keyboard Bell-endery tiresome? Embarrassed by some of your own fans? Then you need... TheButcher I must be STOPPED!! Vice Chairman of The Scarlet Turkey Clique Grand Wizard Shill of Nibiru Prime & Dark Globe Champion Chairman of 'The Neil Barker School for gifted Clowns' "A Local Forum. For Local People":d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6329.jpg

Blimey! There's some doom and gloom around here at the moment.

Salford's always going to be an up and down ride. Just wait for the car to rise to the next peak.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman3174
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2016Nov 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
986.jpg
"In his autumn before the winter comes man's last mad surge of youth." "What on earth are you talking about?":986.jpg

How many chances does this Guy need ?
Ultimately life will go on with or without Hock in the Squad.
We can Bicker all we like about the manner in which Marwan operates , without him there wouldn't have a Club big enough to have entertained signings such as Hock in the first place .
Take the rough with the smooth , although it's still mainly rough at present .
I have little sympathy , as the majority of players signing on must have realised the manner of the owner they signed on toplay for. One who pays well , takes you home for dinner when he loves you & bawls you out when he's angry.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1301No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2022Mar 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: middleman "How many chances does this Guy need ?
Ultimately life will go on with or without Hock in the Squad.
We can Bicker all we like about the manner in which Marwan operates , without him there wouldn't have a Club big enough to have entertained signings such as Hock in the first place .
Take the rough with the smooth , although it's still mainly rough at present .
I have little sympathy , as the majority of players signing on must have realised the manner of the owner they signed on toplay for. One who pays well , takes you home for dinner when he loves you & bawls you out when he's angry.'"

You're quite right.
We were warned about Hock but we chose to believe,well certainly I did, that this move would be dead right for him.
Better players round him,big money,near to home,fresh start.
We we're let down,as we were told we would be.
I feel sorry for the bloke

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach393No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2018Sep 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I don't - I feel sorry for us.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner5594
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Aug 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6329_1327085433.jpg
...Diagnosing SBD (Sporting Bipolar Disorder) since 2003... Negs bringing down the tone of your forum? Keyboard Bell-endery tiresome? Embarrassed by some of your own fans? Then you need... TheButcher I must be STOPPED!! Vice Chairman of The Scarlet Turkey Clique Grand Wizard Shill of Nibiru Prime & Dark Globe Champion Chairman of 'The Neil Barker School for gifted Clowns' "A Local Forum. For Local People":d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6329.jpg

Quote: Bonita Red "You're quite right.
We were warned about Hock but we chose to believe,well certainly I did, that this move would be dead right for him.
Better players round him,big money,near to home,fresh start.
We we're let down,as we were told we would be.
I feel sorry for the bloke'"

Without knowing the true reasons and what exactly goes on in another persons life, I'll personally reserve judgement for those in a better position. I thought he seemed pretty settled and barring the ref incident had been pretty good for us on the field with little or no negatives he has been hounded for throughout his career, surfacing. If the guys not happy, for whatever reason, he's done the right thing. We're in a position now, as a Club, that we can go out and bring in a quality replacement with cash being no issue. So, although disappointing, it's not the end of the world. The Club keeps on going and we keep on watching.

Thanks for your efforts, Gaz.

67 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
67 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

10.81591796875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Championship Awards
Mr Bliss
4m
Decision on the field
hatty
7m