FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Salford Red Devils > ADMINISTRATION??
46 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member2898No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2015May 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3596.jpg
this will not be the end, or even the beginning of the end. It is merely the end of the beginning [img:1mcv36at]http://homepage.eircom.net/~bray/em/oguinn.gif[/img:1mcv36at] [img:1mcv36at]http://homepage.eircom.net/~bray/em/msperv-l.gif[/img:1mcv36at]:3596.jpg

Quote: DogPie "The situation at Salford is not good at all. The club will be lucky to crawl across the line until the end of the season without hitting administration. God only knows what will happen next season. Wigan have really helped Salford by taking Matty Smith in order to clear the debt owed to Daniel Holdsworth. They gave Salford over the odds more as a favour to Salford to get them out of the you know what. Normally, Salford would have perhaps taken a couple of fringe players at Wigan in return, but they couldn’t afford to pay them. Back to Holdsworth, he really wants out for next season. He is targeting a return to Australia and has made certain people over there aware of this fact. The club is in a mess. It has been poorly managed for years as we all know, and it is catching up fast. Those running it day to day, from the top, over the last few years have to take responsibility now. Nobody wants to invest in or buy the club. It’s not as bad as what is happening at Bradford, but it’s pretty bad all the same. This isn’t something that Forever Reds will be able to sort out either. It’s too much for a quick fan bailout, and they don’t have the clout. This needs a serious investor and fast.'"

BIGGEST crock of ever wrote on here! You know fuc[ik[/iall

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach678No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2018Sep 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

DOGPIE: Look around you Salford are doing well to survive in a market where 99% of all super league clubs are losing money. Reality check a046.gif

Give the club some credit for getting a great deal from Matty Smith who would have gone in two months time, possibly saved a substantial amount of money, in my business books good business eusa_clap.gif

Try & focus on some of the positives this season instead of focusing on negativity icon_biggrin.gifANCE:

Our club is not in the best position but no different to many other clubs, if you have the golden handshake or know a good oil sheik please step forward. icon_thumb.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman3253No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2016Nov 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1066_1345755623.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_1066.jpg

I'm not sure that Wigan did us a 'favour' so to speak... They did need Smith now obviously due to the injury situation... but I am lead to believe that the amount they gave Salford was over the odds considering the number of games left, and that amount was seen as a gesture of goodwill rather than a 'favour'.

As for the situation at the club... We all know that things are a bit 'messy'... and while we aren't signing players... and we are letting players go and selling players mid season... people are always going to ask questions and speculate about the financial side of the club.

Holdsworth clearly wants out... He's not a happy bunny... But I'm not telling anybody anything we don't already know.

So while we can all speculate, and ask questions... until there is some clarification from the club, then this will continue and we will go on listening to... and reading posts from people who may or may not know something.

So it's time for the club to step up for a change and tell us if only to set minds at rest... and by this... don't pay us lip service... don't do it in the form of an article in the Manchester Evening News, as this can often be messed about with and not tell us the full story... Do it in the form of an open evening... we have a facility which is good enough to sit us all down for a couple of hours to speak informatively. A lot has happened since the move from The Willows, and too many of us are in the dark as to what is really happening.... The truth is not difficult... it shouldn't be a secret... just tell it as it is... Most of us are grown ups.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach35No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2012Jul 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Early Bath "`The situation at Salford is not good at all. The club will be lucky to crawl across the line until the end of the season without hitting administration. God only knows what will happen next season.`

Well for a man in such a privileged position as yourself I find the criticism metered out beyond belief. When did you last pay for a seat at Salford instead of sitting cosily in the Press Box?

`Wigan have really helped Salford by taking Matty Smith in order to clear the debt owed to Daniel Holdsworth. They gave Salford over the odds more as a favour to Salford to get them out of the you know what. Normally, Salford would have perhaps taken a couple of fringe players at Wigan in return, but they couldn’t afford to pay them. `

Staggered that a man in your well paid employment does not understand business in this day & age. Matty was off to Wigan at the end of the season in any event yet Salford with good business acumen have obtained a good transfer fee which they would never have received in two months time.

`Back to Holdsworth, he really wants out for next season. He is targeting a return to Australia and has made certain people over there aware of this fact. `

If you had spoken to the man instead of asking other people not close to him then you may have found out the truth.

`The club is in a mess.`

Every club bar 3 in the whole of RL are in a similar position. The game as a whole is in a Financial mess so why isolate Salford?

`It has been poorly managed for years as we all know, and it is catching up fast. Those running it day to day, from the top, over the last few years have to take responsibility now. `

How do you know that? Have you looked at the Accounts? Have you seen the monies put in by the long suffering Board to enable you to even write about our club?

`Nobody wants to invest in or buy the club. `

How do you know that? Do you know the deal the Board may offer YOU to take over and run this great club? May I suggest that before you write such drivel that you think what you want to say in future.

`It’s not as bad as what is happening at Bradford, but it’s pretty bad all the same.
This isn’t something that Forever Reds will be able to sort out either. It’s too much for a quick fan bailout, and they don’t have the clout. This needs a serious investor and fast`

Forever Reds could be the way forward as it happens long term however any serious investor would only look at Companies making PROFITS and with substantial assets. Salford doesnt fit that criteria BUT it has an income stream & a decent team which would be VERY attractive to an outside business partner starting from scratch. He/She would look at the overall situation and make his/her own plans which could be acceptable to the current Board who I am sure would stand aside providing solid guarantees are given to them in lieu.

So Mr B - don`t come on here pontificating and berating people who have been providing your living for the last 10 years. Why you have come on here to do that is beyond belief.'"

You think I'm Barker from the MEN. Sorry, but you are way off the mark. Christ, I know he isn't the best writer in the world, but you could have called me something less hurtful. lol

Seriously and truthfully, I am not him. I'm not exactly going to tell you, but I promise you, I'm not Neil barker.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach844No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2013Jun 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
fonds transparents/Catbert.gif
:fonds transparents/Catbert.gif

Quote: DogPie "You think I'm Barker from the MEN. Sorry, but you are way off the mark. Christ, I know he isn't the best writer in the world, but you could have called me something less hurtful. lol

Seriously and truthfully, I am not him. I'm not exactly going to tell you, but I promise you, I'm not Neil barker.'"

Alker / Fitzy ?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach961No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2021Jul 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: LoyalFan "I'm not sure that Wigan did us a 'favour' so to speak... They did need Smith now obviously due to the injury situation... but I am lead to believe that the amount they gave Salford was over the odds considering the number of games left, and that amount was seen as a gesture of goodwill rather than a 'favour'.

A favour is "goodwill a kind or helpful act"

As for the situation at the club... We all know that things are a bit 'messy'... and while we aren't signing players... and we are letting players go and selling players mid season... people are always going to ask questions and speculate about the financial side of the club.

Holdsworth clearly wants out... He's not a happy bunny... But I'm not telling anybody anything we don't already know.

How has Houldsworth clearly shown that he wants out?I am not on twitter by the way.

So while we can all speculate, and ask questions... until there is some clarification from the club, then this will continue and we will go on listening to... and reading posts from people who may or may not know something.

I agree.

So it's time for the club to step up for a change and tell us if only to set minds at rest... and by this... don't pay us lip service... don't do it in the form of an article in the Manchester Evening News, as this can often be messed about with and not tell us the full story... Do it in the form of an open evening... we have a facility which is good enough to sit us all down for a couple of hours to speak informatively. A lot has happened since the move from The Willows, and too many of us are in the dark as to what is really happening.... The truth is not difficult... it shouldn't be a secret... just tell it as it is... Most of us are grown ups.'"

I agree with most of this its just that some of the ones that are not grown ups have been seen giving the MEN their scoops and Mr B has been doctoring their comments up, they were tittle tattle to start with and complete rubbish mainly once in the paper

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2990No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13977_1335458918.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_13977.jpg

Quote: DogPie "
Quote: DogPie "`

So Mr B - don`t come on here pontificating and berating people who have been providing your living for the last 10 years. Why you have come on here to do that is beyond belief.'"

You think I'm Barker from the MEN. Sorry, but you are way off the mark. Christ, I know he isn't the best writer in the world, but you could have called me something less hurtful. lol

Seriously and truthfully, I am not him. I'm not exactly going to tell you, but I promise you, I'm not Neil barker.'"

Well we will have to rename you Neil Porkey then

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1749No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2014Nov 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46828_1381397654.png
[b:1ut2mx8s][color=#FF0000:1ut2mx8s]Devils Disciples required - No initiation ceremony needed just enter AJ Bell Stadium on Gameday to be accepted.[/color:1ut2mx8s][/b:1ut2mx8s]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_46828.png

With the CEO gone I don't know who will be dealing with sponsorship but it seems Vodafone are extricating themselves from sponsorship rlof fast cars and other sports mentioned in the commentsrl
When they sponsored Manchester United they wanted a global brand which reached into the Far East.
Possibly,now,they may want to reach other areas - maybe places where rugby league rlis now playedrl
With some people connected with 'Jamaica Reds'? offering us support on the Facebook page the current Jamaican National coach appears to be from the north west rlCraig Richardsrl Jamaica did want some sponsorship some years ago.
Vodafone have,in the past,gone for naming rights,for a stadium rlstoryrl
While the contacts for Vodafone and Manchester United may have moved on it was quite interesting to read the 9 pages rlof the requirements and advantages of sponsorshiprl
It turns out that the current CEO rlwas born in Manchesterrl and has a property in the south of France so may know about rugby league.If Vodafone do better business in rugby league playing Germany and Italy they may need to boost sales in the other rugby league playing European places.
It's gotta be cheaper sponsorship than everything else they have tried.
I would like to think we try first.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman651No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2024May 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Your in dreamland if you think Leeds and Salford would merge that will never happen:

Quote: SCR-SeaDiver "With the CEO gone I don't know who will be dealing with sponsorship but it seems Vodafone are extricating themselves from sponsorship rlof fast cars and other sports mentioned in the commentsrl
When they sponsored Manchester United they wanted a global brand which reached into the Far East.
Possibly,now,they may want to reach other areas - maybe places where rugby league rlis now playedrl
With some people connected with 'Jamaica Reds'? offering us support on the Facebook page the current Jamaican National coach appears to be from the north west rlCraig Richardsrl Jamaica did want some sponsorship some years ago.
Vodafone have,in the past,gone for naming rights,for a stadium rlstoryrl
While the contacts for Vodafone and Manchester United may have moved on it was quite interesting to read the 9 pages rlof the requirements and advantages of sponsorshiprl
It turns out that the current CEO rlwas born in Manchesterrl and has a property in the south of France so may know about rugby league.If Vodafone do better business in rugby league playing Germany and Italy they may need to boost sales in the other rugby league playing European places.
It's gotta be cheaper sponsorship than everything else they have tried.
I would like to think we try first.'"

That is possibly the maddest thing I've ever read.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman4918
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2016May 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
cartoons/WB35.gif
:cartoons/WB35.gif

I can't believe anyone is naive enough to suggest any business makes a public statement regarding their financial affairs. To do so is damaging to say the least.

We know money is always tight, this season seems to be worse than ever. We need to concentrate on finding substantial investment.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner18298
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jan 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
5869_1278015515.jpeg
[url=http://twitter.com/#!/GavWilson:3pk7rwm1]@GavWilson[/url:3pk7rwm1]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_5869.jpeg

If you want to avoid administration you might need to get better ticket office staff...

I went to the ticket office to buy a wheelchair access ticket for the Semi-Final yesterday (about 15 minutes before kick off) only to be told they were completely sold out. Every last space.

I couldn't believe this and I drove all the way over from Leeds (via Keighley) to get to the game so I thought it was worth a shot at blagging my way in with my media pass (That I used for Keighley v York).

Much to my suprise the steward let me straight in, and I found a free spot straight away. While I was there I counted at least 25 unused wheelchair spaces during the game.

I was happy to pay £28 for a ticket, but ended up getting in for free... A little win for me there. icon_smile.gif

PS - Thats a cracking little stadium you have there, don't let anyone tell you any different!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach162No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2014Apr 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: DirkDiggler "Hardly.

New sponsor for next season is a club record, recruitment is looking good and the only "debt" Cas have is an interest free loan from the owner.

The only thing I can think of is the other week there were rumours of people coming in and making up a new BoD but that all went quiet.'"

So all that in the papers with McGoldrick loaning the club money and taking reduced pay was pie in the sky then?'"
]
If you read the article correctly he deffered his salary in 2009 to assist the club with debts accrued when were relegated. The article went on to say that all monies have been repaid!!

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner3356
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons1949_files/4193-180guyguyme2003-msnicons.gif
The fans, the members, the people there.. from the day I stepped foot onto that field at the AJ Bell Stadium,I knew I would love that club for the rest of my life. "Jackson Hastings".. Worry a little bit every day and in a lifetime you will lose a couple of years. If something is wrong, fix it if you can. But train yourself not to worry. Worry never fixes anything. Mary Hemmingway, US journalist,widow of Ernest Hemmingway (1908-1986) The Stupid Neither Forgive Nor Forget The Naive Forgive And Forget The Wise Forgive But Don't Forget "I am not young enough to know everything" Oscar Wilde Irish Playwright (1854-1900) One likes people much better when they're battered down by a prodigious siege of misfortune than when they triumph. virginia woolf (1882-1941):icons1949_files/4193-180guyguyme2003-msnicons.gif

Quote: Wheels "[iSnip[/i'"

Don't take this the wrong way as I'm most certainly not mocking, but you were lucky as people with babies/young children arn't allowed in with there mode of transport as buggies are banned from the stadium. So for instance a baby unable to walk is either carried for the full "show" or the parent/carer is discriminated against by being refused access.

That's 2012 Salford stadium management style.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner18298
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jan 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
5869_1278015515.jpeg
[url=http://twitter.com/#!/GavWilson:3pk7rwm1]@GavWilson[/url:3pk7rwm1]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_5869.jpeg

Quote: Salford red all over "Don't take this the wrong way as I'm most certainly not mocking, but you were lucky as people with babies/young children arn't allowed in with there mode of transport as buggies are banned from the stadium. So for instance a baby unable to walk is either carried for the full "show" or the parent/carer is discriminated against by being refused access.

That's 2012 Salford stadium management style.'"

Considering there's a very decent amount of space around the edge of the pitch for wheelchair users, thats pretty poor form from the SMC!

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner3356
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons1949_files/4193-180guyguyme2003-msnicons.gif
The fans, the members, the people there.. from the day I stepped foot onto that field at the AJ Bell Stadium,I knew I would love that club for the rest of my life. "Jackson Hastings".. Worry a little bit every day and in a lifetime you will lose a couple of years. If something is wrong, fix it if you can. But train yourself not to worry. Worry never fixes anything. Mary Hemmingway, US journalist,widow of Ernest Hemmingway (1908-1986) The Stupid Neither Forgive Nor Forget The Naive Forgive And Forget The Wise Forgive But Don't Forget "I am not young enough to know everything" Oscar Wilde Irish Playwright (1854-1900) One likes people much better when they're battered down by a prodigious siege of misfortune than when they triumph. virginia woolf (1882-1941):icons1949_files/4193-180guyguyme2003-msnicons.gif

Quote: Wheels "Considering there's a very decent amount of space around the edge of the pitch for wheelchair users, thats pretty poor form from the SMC!'"

Not to mention the family area in the east stand, incorporating a lift to get such modes of transport into the stand. Well thought out in the design/build process then handed on to morons.

46 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
46 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.00439453125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Todays match v Saints
Boss Hog
5m
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
6m