JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11969.jpg
Me and are kid (TheButcher) putting the world two rights. ERIC SHAW PREDICTION LEAGUE & PLAY OFFS WINNER 2013 Don't like it? Well Frack off then. Energy & progress for all. Foe is our friend. mitie mouse, Lancetodd, Marshy1, eccles star, Dantes Inferno, Philyourboots, biggunbrad, DAVE@CAS1990, RED LEAGUE, OzWelsh, Red-Devils-PAW, newgroundb4wakey All blocked - Go ahead punk make my day.:11969.jpg

I thought with the online shop and/or the insure retail surely Sale will want retail space will that be shared or will they want their own outlet? If they share then surely problem solved on the staffing issues and surely a chance to try and have the shop open longer?.

As without doubt our online facilities are dire there must be an option to broker a deal with a third party to license our products to sell online for an initial fee or a percentage of sales?

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman3253No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2016Nov 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1066_1345755623.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_1066.jpg

Quote: Walshovski "Dual Salford and Sale branding on the front of the stadium according to the MEN today. Marvellous, absolutely marvellous.'"

Well... When everybody was talking about the 'blue seats' a few months ago I was accused of over-reacting... I posted an image on the 4th November which I knocked together... Here... Bottom of page... rlhttp://forums.rlfans.com/viewtopic.php?f

So... without any further ado... I'd like to say to all those who criticised my point and my concerns... I TOLD YOU SO !!!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2488No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2014Aug 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17925.jpg
:17925.jpg

Quote: Michigan red "I thought with the online shop and/or the insure retail surely Sale will want retail space will that be shared or will they want their own outlet? If they share then surely problem solved on the staffing issues and surely a chance to try and have the shop open longer?.
'"

Two separate clubs sharing a shop? Any idea how this would work? Two separate tills with staff from each club pulling people in the opposite direction towards their own club merchandise? If we had any sizes in stock that is.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman2524
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1217.jpg
Knowledge flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings:1217.jpg

Quote: Walshovski "Two separate clubs sharing a shop? Any idea how this would work? .....'"

It works perfectly well all across the retail industry - many shops have concessions or franchises based in the same premises and using the same POS system - just ensure the goods are coded properly - no problem

The fact is Sale ARE moving in - we either accept it and find positive aspects to benefit from or do a King Canute and try & stop the tide!

Ultimately, the market will decide, IF SCR can't attract in the volume necessary to fund itself in the long term then it fails. And yes, I know it's not a level playing field, the media bias in favour of yawnion is immense but no-one is going to right that overnight so we just have to live with it.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2488No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2014Aug 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17925.jpg
:17925.jpg

Quote: BartonFlyer "It works perfectly well all across the retail industry - many shops have concessions or franchises based in the same premises and using the same POS system - just ensure the goods are coded properly - no problem

The fact is Sale ARE moving in - we either accept it and find positive aspects to benefit from or do a King Canute and try & stop the tide!

Ultimately, the market will decide, IF SCR can't attract in the volume necessary to fund itself in the long term then it fails. And yes, I know it's not a level playing field, the media bias in favour of yawnion is immense but no-one is going to right that overnight so we just have to live with it.'"

Totally different - at House of Fraser the staff are contracted centrally to the premises and not the other way round. Unless you are advocating sacking the retail staff at both clubs and letting the SMC hire the shop staff? They've always proved themselves fully competent.

I'm still waiting to hear the positive aspects of them moving in. Of course we've got to accept it but it doesn't make it any more grating or mean we shouldn't highlight the obvious downsides it will have.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman2524
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1217.jpg
Knowledge flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings:1217.jpg

Not true - the staff on the perfume counters are employed by the likes of Clarins etc. It is easy to do and works perfectly well - I should know, I used to write the software!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4678No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Jun 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
18952_1309202725.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_18952.jpg

Quote: Walshovski "

I'm still waiting to hear the positive aspects of them moving in.'"

There are none, just people who for various reasons refuse to see the full picture of what is about to unfold.

RankPostsTeam
International Star463No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2013Nov 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Well,Tarry seems to think its great for the City,and he thinks we can work together,or we can sit in a corner and cry that somebody else is playing in our playground,well that has really put my mind at rest.Pillock.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach32No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2013Sep 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Our best response in the short term is to go out and batter Hull KR on monday. Continue playing the fast, flowing and inventive rugby we've been playing for the rest of the season and show Sale fans what they should be watching.

How long do you think it will be before Sale want to change the name of the stadium? It's bound to stick in their throats having to say "City of Salford Stadium" all the time. We might not own the ground, but it's "ours". It's our name above the door.

RankPostsTeam
International Star463No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2013Nov 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Red666 "Our best response in the short term is to go out and batter Hull KR on monday. Continue playing the fast, flowing and inventive rugby we've been playing for the rest of the season and show Sale fans what they should be watching.

How long do you think it will be before Sale want to change the name of the stadium? It's bound to stick in their throats having to say "City of Salford Stadium" all the time. We might not own the ground, but it's "ours". It's our name above the door.'"

Lets think about it red666,they have got a multi millionaire and some,we have got what? Afailed plan that as took us 14 yrs to think and plan,and still get it wrong,14yrs of this hope ,you me and the rest of us have put our trust in them who we have followed thrugh thick and thin to be put in this situation is this our doing? the people of salfords doing for not coming to watch them,NO its not,its them people who we put our trust in,and imho they have let you me and the rest of us down,bigtime.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach10390No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11969.jpg
Me and are kid (TheButcher) putting the world two rights. ERIC SHAW PREDICTION LEAGUE & PLAY OFFS WINNER 2013 Don't like it? Well Frack off then. Energy & progress for all. Foe is our friend. mitie mouse, Lancetodd, Marshy1, eccles star, Dantes Inferno, Philyourboots, biggunbrad, DAVE@CAS1990, RED LEAGUE, OzWelsh, Red-Devils-PAW, newgroundb4wakey All blocked - Go ahead punk make my day.:11969.jpg

Quote: Walshovski "Two separate clubs sharing a shop? Any idea how this would work? Two separate tills with staff from each club pulling people in the opposite direction towards their own club merchandise? If we had any sizes in stock that is.'"

Oh I don't know.

Each employ a member of staff.
Split dinner breaks preventing the outlet closing at lunchtime.
I think these new fangled computer things would allow you to differentiate between sales of Salford and Sale merchandise.
Maybe in our favour Sale would employ someone who would tidy the shop making it look presentable (which it cuttently doesn't).
Maybe it would discourage fans from hanging round in the shop who slag the club of when you go in to pick up your supporters pack and ask questions as happened the other week with me.
Maybe cross promotions, I know two of the people I attend games with will go to the odd Sale game and I'm sure there will be Sale fans of the same oppinion.
Ensuring that merchandise is intermingled in the shop would make people rummage, there is nothing to lose in this suggestion and potentially much to gain.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator7498
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2017Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1055_1445006780.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_1055.gif

Quote: Red666 "Our best response in the short term is to go out and batter Hull KR on monday. Continue playing the fast, flowing and inventive rugby we've been playing for the rest of the season and show Sale fans what they should be watching.'"

Yep.

Quote: Red666 "How long do you think it will be before Sale want to change the name of the stadium? It's bound to stick in their throats having to say "City of Salford Stadium" all the time. We might not own the ground, but it's "ours". It's our name above the door.'"

I hazard a guess the SMC will have a better chance of selling the naming rights for the stadium with two locally renown clubs playing there. rlBMW Williams were close to agreeing a dealrl last year but pulled out becauseAdditional signage costs for the stadium’s roofs on top of initial costs were then found to be too high, forcing Williams chiefs into a shock U-turn... Williams chiefs were particularly keen on the prospect of Salford’s rugby union neighbours Sale Sharks eventually coming on board and ground-sharing the Barton site.'"

So I imagine a new sponsor will take care of this anyway.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach10390No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11969.jpg

Quote: Walshovski "Dual Salford and Sale branding on the front of the stadium according to the MEN today. Marvellous, absolutely marvellous.'"

What did you expect Sale to have no brand presence on site?
They will no doubt be paying the same for the use of the facilities as us so will want equal billing on the frontage.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach10390No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11969.jpg

Quote: Walshovski "Totally different - at House of Fraser the staff are contracted centrally to the premises and not the other way round. Unless you are advocating sacking the retail staff at both clubs and letting the SMC hire the shop staff? They've always proved themselves fully competent.

I'm still waiting to hear the positive aspects of them moving in. Of course we've got to accept it but it doesn't make it any more grating or mean we shouldn't highlight the obvious downsides it will have.'"

Rubbish the outlets in many big department stores are meerly assigned which conscesion they work at rather than actually being employed by them. Both employe a member of staff and leave them too it. Christ if anything offer them an equal bonus for combined sales as they will pretty much be both on minimum wage.
Look for problems and you will find them, try doing the same with solutions for something that is happening rather than might be.

RankPostsTeam
International Star463No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2013Nov 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Michigan red "Rubbish the outlets in many big department stores are meerly assigned which conscesion they work at rather than actually being employed by them. Both employe a member of staff and leave them too it. Christ if anything offer them an equal bonus for combined sales as they will pretty much be both on minimum wage.
Look for problems and you will find them, try doing the same with solutions for something that is happening rather than might be.'"

So you are all for this,lets call an understanding,what in your world are we Salford going to be benificially going to prosper?

562 posts in 38 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed
562 posts in 38 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.24560546875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
York Valkyrie Win Back to Back Grand Finals
RLFANS News
5m
TV Games - Not Hull
The games af
11m