FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Salford Red Devils > WHEN ARE WE GOING TO ANNOUNCE SOME SIGNINGS?
53 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member4890
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3634.jpg
[IMG]//i50.tinypic.com/a59ff5.gif[/IMG]:3634.jpg

Quote: RED1 "where have you got this from?

Just cant see how its true? Surely with pattern...DJ, Feka, Cashmere, straight away....thats prob 400k on salary cap......I suspect its more like 1.2 million we spend

Why would they be reducing it? surely Wilko wouldnt do this as we move into stadium it would be suicide

Also, why would Parrish even take the job if he knew he had nowt to work with

...think you may need to back this one up with a credible source'"

If any of this turns out to be true then your cap next year will match Wakeys of this year making it difficult to compete.

Pure speculation on my part but could the image rights thing with HMRC be coming to a head with RL clubs. Wakey having gone into admin are not affected some clubs its rumoured will have huge bills. Leeds are fighting it through a legal challenge.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator7760No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2018Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15_1451944442.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_15.gif

Have to say I'm completely ignorant about this image right stuff - but how can a group of sportsman who are barely known in their local area have much of a knock on effect with image rights?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1301No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2022Mar 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

For heavens sake,trust the directors.
They will do the right thing

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4314
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2018Sep 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32990_1435324474.jpg
First accept sadness. Realise that without losing 70% of the time, winning wouldn't be such a relief.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_32990.jpg

Quote: REDWHITEANDBLUE "If any of this turns out to be true then your cap next year will match Wakeys of this year making it difficult to compete.

Pure speculation on my part but could the image rights thing with HMRC be coming to a head with RL clubs. Wakey having gone into admin are not affected some clubs its rumoured will have huge bills. Leeds are fighting it through a legal challenge.'"

I heard a few Superleague clubs were hit with the image rights problem but I heard Salford aren't one of them. If there is any truth in the club reducing the wage bill next year I can only assume it's due to the poor crowds this year. The economic climate and all the turmoil surrounding the coaching won't have helped after pushing the boat out in the final year at the Willows.

I seriously think the club should consider changing to Sundays next year due to the problem of away fans not wanting to travel during rush hour on Fridays.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach759No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2013Nov 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: theredshed "I heard a few Superleague clubs were hit with the image rights problem but I heard Salford aren't one of them. If there is any truth in the club reducing the wage bill next year I can only assume it's due to the poor crowds this year. The economic climate and all the turmoil surrounding the coaching won't have helped after pushing the boat out in the final year at the Willows.

I seriously think the club should consider changing to Sundays next year due to the problem of away fans not wanting to travel during rush hour on Fridays.'"

We definitely should not be playing Yorkshire teams on a Friday night. Anyone who has travelled across will know that it is almost a car park at that time of day on the M62. I only travel at that time of day for work commitments. No leisure reason would encourage me to do that trip.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner5594
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Aug 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6329_1327085433.jpg
...Diagnosing SBD (Sporting Bipolar Disorder) since 2003... Negs bringing down the tone of your forum? Keyboard Bell-endery tiresome? Embarrassed by some of your own fans? Then you need... TheButcher I must be STOPPED!! Vice Chairman of The Scarlet Turkey Clique Grand Wizard Shill of Nibiru Prime & Dark Globe Champion Chairman of 'The Neil Barker School for gifted Clowns' "A Local Forum. For Local People":d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6329.jpg

Quote: theredshed "I seriously think the club should consider changing to Sundays next year due to the problem of away fans not wanting to travel during rush hour on Fridays.'"

Due to our mediocre crowds the Club makes more money off the corporate side of things on a Friday night than on a Sunday. I'm presuming that the slight increase in crowd numbers, boosted by extra away support if we played on Sundays, is less viable financially than the corporate £ on Fridays. Sad state of affairs all round. I don't know whether to be depressed that the Club turns it's back on its fan base or depressed that RL Clubs have to actually make that decision due to the modern climate.

I suppose if our crowds increased and became an option financially then you would see us move back to Sundays. This Friday vs Sunday debate has gone on forever anyway, but imo we should move back to Sundays when we move to Barton. More chance of dragging in disgruntled Dads who don't want to be dragged around the Trafford Centre all day. More chance for Families to make a day of it with all the best facilities at the Trafford Centre on hand. Plus, no rush hour traffic to contend with. If we want to attract new fans then Sundays will afford a better chance than a Friday night imo.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach819No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2017May 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Having listened to the Baz and Tez weekly podcast, Terry O'Connor seems to think there could be some wholesale changes at Matt Parish's request. I would suggest MP wants rid of players like Anderson and Feka, the, suppoedly, experienced players who aren't giving the Reds the best of that ability.

We all know Salford have never been flush with cash, but are the club's directors really going to leave the playing squad in such a bad shape, in what's the most important season the club have had in a decades?

This £200,000 that needs cutting from the playing budget, could be the money Matt Parish needs to bring in the players he wants. Cashmere, Anderson, Feka and Ratchford probably make up +£200,000 of our budget.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach167No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2014Sep 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

According to Australian commentators on new Zealand warriors game on premier sports, moon has signed a two year deal with us

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach10390No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11969.jpg
Me and are kid (TheButcher) putting the world two rights. ERIC SHAW PREDICTION LEAGUE & PLAY OFFS WINNER 2013 Don't like it? Well Frack off then. Energy & progress for all. Foe is our friend. mitie mouse, Lancetodd, Marshy1, eccles star, Dantes Inferno, Philyourboots, biggunbrad, DAVE@CAS1990, RED LEAGUE, OzWelsh, Red-Devils-PAW, newgroundb4wakey All blocked - Go ahead punk make my day.:11969.jpg

I would imagine that we will get drip fed the odd name in the next week or two, think last season they spread the news out rather than did it all at once.

Pretty annoyed that Moore has signed for Leeds from CC, would have been just the type of front row we need to add to the squad.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner5594
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Aug 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6329_1327085433.jpg
...Diagnosing SBD (Sporting Bipolar Disorder) since 2003... Negs bringing down the tone of your forum? Keyboard Bell-endery tiresome? Embarrassed by some of your own fans? Then you need... TheButcher I must be STOPPED!! Vice Chairman of The Scarlet Turkey Clique Grand Wizard Shill of Nibiru Prime & Dark Globe Champion Chairman of 'The Neil Barker School for gifted Clowns' "A Local Forum. For Local People":d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6329.jpg

Quote: LincolnDEVILSFan "This £200,000 that needs cutting from the playing budget, could be the money Matt Parish needs to bring in the players he wants. Cashmere, Anderson, Feka and Ratchford probably make up +£200,000 of our budget.'"

With regards to Feka and Anderson, I was under the impression that they have at least another year of contract to go? Unless a Club splashes cash to buy them, which I think is very unlikely, we will have them on the playing staff for next year. Paying-off a years worth of contract does not make sense for the Club so I reckon MP will try to whip them into something he can work with next year. Unless of course, I'm completely wrong.

If we are signing Moon, as it looks like we have, the so-called financial problems may be a little bit overstated as he is not gonna come over and work for peanuts.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman3174
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2016Nov 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
986.jpg
"In his autumn before the winter comes man's last mad surge of youth." "What on earth are you talking about?":986.jpg

rlBBCrl

Hull KR announce signings of Ryan O'Hara & Graeme Horne
Quote: I had a few offers but coming to Hull KR was a good fit for me. "O'Hara will not count towards the Robins' overseas quota after the collapse of Crusaders due to a new Rugby Football League directive.

O'Hara "I had a few offers but coming to Hull KR was a good fit for me."

'"

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach10390No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11969.jpg
Me and are kid (TheButcher) putting the world two rights. ERIC SHAW PREDICTION LEAGUE & PLAY OFFS WINNER 2013 Don't like it? Well Frack off then. Energy & progress for all. Foe is our friend. mitie mouse, Lancetodd, Marshy1, eccles star, Dantes Inferno, Philyourboots, biggunbrad, DAVE@CAS1990, RED LEAGUE, OzWelsh, Red-Devils-PAW, newgroundb4wakey All blocked - Go ahead punk make my day.:11969.jpg

Quote: middleman "rlBBCrl

Hull KR announce signings of Ryan O'Hara & Graeme Horne
'"

I saw that and wondered if we'd made a bid for O'Hara, would have been a quality addition to the front row as would Moore.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach819No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2017May 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: TheButcher "
Quote: TheButcher "This £200,000 that needs cutting from the playing budget, could be the money Matt Parish needs to bring in the players he wants. Cashmere, Anderson, Feka and Ratchford probably make up +£200,000 of our budget.'"

With regards to Feka and Anderson, I was under the impression that they have at least another year of contract to go? Unless a Club splashes cash to buy them, which I think is very unlikely, we will have them on the playing staff for next year. Paying-off a years worth of contract does not make sense for the Club so I reckon MP will try to whip them into something he can work with next year. Unless of course, I'm completely wrong.

If we are signing Moon, as it looks like we have, the so-called financial problems may be a little bit overstated as he is not gonna come over and work for peanuts.'"

Any club wanting either of their services would only have to pay what Salford were asking,and if we really wanted them off the salary cap, an educated guess tells me the club would let them leave on a free.

KMT
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach251No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2012Jul 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Neither will be leaving, but to be honest if Anderson keeps playing the way he has under our MP then let's keep him. Our Mp obviously is not happy with Feka so I imagine we will see a different Feka next time out so let's just see whathappens! Bring the pies on!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5313No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2012May 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Others/NA.JPG
[size=100:inve33bl][quote="Dave Lister":inve33bl]I reckon Salford's fans are the friendliest i've come across and haven't got a bad word to say about them[/quote:inve33bl][/size:inve33bl] :CLAP: Love him or hate him, 163 consecutive appearances should make Stuart Littler a Salford legend in anyone's book :CLAP::Others/NA.JPG

Quote: KMT "I imagine we will see a different Feka next time out so let's just see whathappens! Bring the pies on!'"

I think bringing on the pies was part of Feka's main problem?!

icon_wink.gif

53 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
53 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.0791015625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Shopping list for 2025
DSJ1983
2m
Who do we want in the play-offs
ninearches
6m