JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2013Nov 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I think the main problem is 30 years of languishing in the doldrums. No doubt the club historians can correct but since the second world war, we have only had a brief period when we were what could be consider a top team likely to challenge for honours. This was the Brian Snape era. When he injected, for the time, vast sums of money we were at the top table. After he stopped spending it too another 6-8 years for those players to finish their careers and by around 79-81 we were on the way down.

Such a long period has resulted in the lack of RL culture and tradition within Salford.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman3174
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2016Nov 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
986.jpg
"In his autumn before the winter comes man's last mad surge of youth." "What on earth are you talking about?":986.jpg

I left the Willows last Friday fairly upbeat :-

A) it was a great game closely contested.

B) we did lose the game , but only in the last ten minutes, not in the first ten minutes which had been the norm .

C) it took a brilliant piece to class play from their star act

It would have been fantastic had we made it 3 in a row , but win or not it still doesn't hide the fact that our season has been a marketing disaster with the inauspicious 1st half of the campaign.
and the drop off in crowds are a result,
Our new head coach won't be here until mid July
Franchises will be awarded on the 31st July.

some of the input on here is alarmist , lets face it the Salford public in the main has ignored it's RL club for a significant proportion of the 110years down weaste lane. and to me PV has had an inglorious task of guiding us over the past few months.
here's to the future under Matt Parish icon_razz.gifRAY:

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1055No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2012Mar 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
33469.jpg
IF WIDNES DESERVE A PLACE IN SUPER LEAGUE.......THEN THE POPE IS JEWISH!:33469.jpg

Sick of hearing the "big one 3" being advertised on real radio ! when are we going to get a marketing department that can do something better than send text messages to people who are already season ticket holders advertising games ! ??

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman6769No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2013Aug 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons39ad_files/4795-1859san_c-msnicons.jpg
Holts Sweet Holts Never Drink on an Empty Head BIGPEV THE ONLY MAN TO GET A REAL INJURY AT THE STOOP:icons39ad_files/4795-1859san_c-msnicons.jpg

Quote: wardleyred "Sick of hearing the "big one 3" being advertised on real radio ! when are we going to get a marketing department that can do something better than send text messages to people who are already season ticket holders advertising games ! ??'"

will be interesting to look at the attendance for this game and compare with last years, they are advertising everywhere Radio, TV and the Metro.

What is the big 1 3 anyway? the big 13 code or wigan win and go from 3 to 1? wigan lose and Huddersfield go to 1 and leave wigan in 3?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach844No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2013Jun 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
fonds transparents/Catbert.gif
:fonds transparents/Catbert.gif

Quote: wardleyred "Sick of hearing the "big one 3" being advertised on real radio ! when are we going to get a marketing department that can do something better than send text messages to people who are already season ticket holders advertising games ! ??'"

In there defence mate we do have a deal with rock radio which numerous people in work have commented on to me

Was it just me or did anyone else see an advert for the Wigan v Hudds game on ITV the other night, only just caught it at the end?

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach2481No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2015Jun 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
12431.jpg
[url=http://forums.rlfans.com/viewtopic.php?t=438945:25xo96kp][img:25xo96kp]http://www.rlfans.com/images/sig.gif[/img:25xo96kp][/url:25xo96kp]:12431.jpg

Quote: The Original Red Devils "

Was it just me or did anyone else see an advert for the Wigan v Hudds game on ITV the other night, only just caught it at the end?'"

ITV? Good heavens no. Far too low-brow for my refined taste. No doubt you were just flicking through?!?! icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star347No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2017May 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
59792_1310683391.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_59792.jpg

Quote: The Original Red Devils "Was it just me or did anyone else see an advert for the Wigan v Hudds game on ITV the other night, only just caught it at the end?'"

Yeah I saw that, with all the big 1 3 lark. Looks set to be a great game that Wigan-Huddersfield one though.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach574No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2014Feb 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: LincolnDEVILSFan "Where the hell did that assumption come from?

Have you never heard of a little thing called 'State of Origin' (SOO)? I'll not explain the whole thing, but it's like the champions league of our sport. In that, the standard is probably higher and more skillful than that at international level. Our new coach is currently an assistant for one of the two teams playing in SOO, the same team that has had its asses handed to it for roughly five years. Matt Parish wants honour his commitment and ensure he does his all to reverse that teams current slide.

So, as stated by the club, recruitment has been put on hold until SOO has finished. Although, it wouldn't surprise me if Steve Simms is already scouting potential recruits for next season.

On the whole Cashmere/Henry debate. I feel Big Ray is worth another year, probably two, Henry on the other hand? If he was English I'd be saying the club should definitely get him signed up. Except with overseas quotas the way they are, I'd say, see who else is available first.'"

Ray,s on is way then,Parish must have someone in mind,would you agree.and also I hope Mr Parish, does is own scouting. Then Steve can get on with is own job,what ever that maybe.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach574No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2014Feb 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Early Bath "I would certainly put hard cash that JAW & HC paid their own way.

My £50 against one of your UCP Tripe shops.

You do come out with some ill thought out comments.

Have you found anybody to take over the poisoned chalice of running Salford yet? No - thought not.'"

Is it only ill thought out,because you don,t agree.Tripe shops,your giving your age away,now.
But you still did not tell me why,It took three of them.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman6769No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2013Aug 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons39ad_files/4795-1859san_c-msnicons.jpg
Holts Sweet Holts Never Drink on an Empty Head BIGPEV THE ONLY MAN TO GET A REAL INJURY AT THE STOOP:icons39ad_files/4795-1859san_c-msnicons.jpg

UCP in france are cheap bars/bookies, ideal place to drink i would wager.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach961No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2021Jul 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: lancetodd "Come on lets get in the real world,Friday was bad,in the first half we were camped on there line.And were clueless
if we had there half backs Chase and Orr,the match would have been over at half time.Vievers should be on is way with
Alker and McRae I would like to no If Parish wants him or as been given him.It also looks like Parish is not to keen on
Henry and Cashmere,maybe he has got somebody lined up,and somebody please tell me why It took three airfares
to go and get him,when we are crying poverty.'"

Most of the fans that I have spoken to thought that it was a decent game either side could have won it and at the end I thought that Castleford just about deserved the two points.

Again most of the fans that I have spoken to think that Phil Vievers has done a good job especially when he is carrying out the tasks that three people were doing at the start of the season.

When Matt Parish comes over ask him if he is happy with his assistant and how do you know that Parish isn't keen on Cashmere or Henry?You will definitely get the chance at a FR meeting.Everything being said about Cashmere etc is pure conjecture at this time.

With regards three people going over to Australia, they were interviewing several people for the position and the Chairman obviously felt the he,Howard Clague and Steve Simms should be there.

Knowing what The Chairman and Vice Chairman have done for the club I cannot accept that anyone would suggest/imply that they didn't pay their own fares and if any two people deserve a freebie on the club then John and Howard certainly deserve one, which as I have said these two men put into the club and do not take anything out.

With regards Chase and Orr , the Castleford fans that I was speaking to in the Austin Trueman Stand thought that our half backs more than held their own against these two and that they were impressed with the improvement in our team from the poor performance earlier in the season.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member4159No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2019Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1602.jpg
Sad preacher nailed upon the coloured door of time; Insane teacher be there reminded of the rhyme. There'll be no mutant enemy we shall certify; Political ends, as sad remains, will die.:1602.jpg

Original Salford City Red: good post
but why reply to LT:
1) he's more negative than "John from Salford" and rarely submits any constructive comments.
2) he trolls week after week
3) on a board with no noticeable "Risman", "Lomas", "Watkins", or "Hesketh", he has acquired the name of a very important RL person as if this gives him an aura of respect: why?

42 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed
42 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

6.71826171875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Lee Briers joins St Helens coaching staff
Wires71
1m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
1m