Feb 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2011Oct 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: wire-quin "See you Saturday!!! and its on TV oh dear for both of us!!'"

'Both of us' - that could actually be the sum total of the attendance! Not amused

RankPostsTeam
International Star1869No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2018Apr 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
51864_1312823830.gif
Just Win, Baby [b:38co1fbc]GIANTS RAIDERS TOFFEES[/b:38co1fbc]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_51864.gif

Well played by Salford tonight, played well, and although there weren't many of you, you were loud and fair play to you coming down on a tuesday night, I don't think we would have brought many more if it was switched. Fair play.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach183No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2016Jun 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
31714.jpg
:31714.jpg

Quote: Adamjk "12-6

Holdsworth 'freak try'! Be interesting to see that one'"

was a good one too lol...only one who seemed to chase his own kick and deserved a try! icon_smile.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star45No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2011Nov 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Conorgiantsfan "Well played by Salford tonight, played well, and although there weren't many of you, you were loud and fair play to you coming down on a tuesday night, I don't think we would have brought many more if it was switched. Fair play.'"

Well played?

Were you at the game?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1055No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2012Mar 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
33469.jpg
IF WIDNES DESERVE A PLACE IN SUPER LEAGUE.......THEN THE POPE IS JEWISH!:33469.jpg

just back,speechless and rather fed up,please wilky sort this mess out,it is such a dreadful shame that our last season at the willows is turning into a bigger and bigger farce on and off the pitch!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach678No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2018Sep 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Poor poor Salford & yes I was there, we lack proper coaching on how to tackle & defend, we lack leadership, look good going forward but we cannot defend, started again once Cashmere & Godwin left the field, conceded 3 try's in the space of 5 minutes towards the end of the first half. They won at a cantor. Jack Dearden on radio Manchester summed it up, said the Salford club owed it to the fans, what was left of them to sort out the off the pitch problems before they were left with none, not a good advert with the new stadium on the horizon, summed it up for me, even Jack Dearden, who always defends the club is coming off the fence. Look very defeated the players tonight, very fragile.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach137No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
44154.png
:44154.png

Dont know if its the coaching, but whenever we play against Danny Brough we are scared to touch him.Shutting him down tonight would of shut them down as everything went through him.And for me Adamson and Smith should be doing a stint in the reserves one learning to tackle the other learning to catch a high ball!!!!!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1055No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2012Mar 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
33469.jpg
IF WIDNES DESERVE A PLACE IN SUPER LEAGUE.......THEN THE POPE IS JEWISH!:33469.jpg

dont like to signal players out after these usual drubbings we are getting customised too,but agree on the adamson case tonight,he was shocking,and really isnt looking like turning into the player we all thought he would.feka,can do one off to folly lane for me,and the rest of the team need to go knocking on the doors at wire and the pies this week to ask if they can join in there training sessions,as whats the point in them training with no proper fecking coaching system in place at salford!!

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner3356
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons1949_files/4193-180guyguyme2003-msnicons.gif
The fans, the members, the people there.. from the day I stepped foot onto that field at the AJ Bell Stadium,I knew I would love that club for the rest of my life. "Jackson Hastings".. Worry a little bit every day and in a lifetime you will lose a couple of years. If something is wrong, fix it if you can. But train yourself not to worry. Worry never fixes anything. Mary Hemmingway, US journalist,widow of Ernest Hemmingway (1908-1986) The Stupid Neither Forgive Nor Forget The Naive Forgive And Forget The Wise Forgive But Don't Forget "I am not young enough to know everything" Oscar Wilde Irish Playwright (1854-1900) One likes people much better when they're battered down by a prodigious siege of misfortune than when they triumph. virginia woolf (1882-1941):icons1949_files/4193-180guyguyme2003-msnicons.gif

Just got back first and foremost well done the 200/250 Reds fans that are still daft enough eusa_clap.gif

Secondly what a defence we have yes what defence ? Hudds actually did nothing throughout the game (not spectacular anyway) they basically fell over the line about eight times through a paper thin defence.

On the plus side my choice of bookie thought that giving Salford +20 was in his opinion right, They don't know everything . icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman6769No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2013Aug 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons39ad_files/4795-1859san_c-msnicons.jpg
Holts Sweet Holts Never Drink on an Empty Head BIGPEV THE ONLY MAN TO GET A REAL INJURY AT THE STOOP:icons39ad_files/4795-1859san_c-msnicons.jpg

Quote: Conorgiantsfan "Well played by Salford tonight, played well, and although there weren't many of you, you were loud and fair play to you coming down on a tuesday night, I don't think we would have brought many more if it was switched. Fair play.'"

you sound like the anouncer who made up the attendance, 6,400 more like 4,600, we played like a group of new to rugby league beginners, no clue on defending close to the line and from my conversation tonight some players have already been offered more than we have offered them for next season so we might start getting a Coley situation all over again.
We need to change the captain to someone who can get the players some what motivated and not go through the motions, after tonight I feel the club don't deserve a franchise, since Harrison left we have gone backwards, we have brought through some good players but within months they appear to forget how to play rugby league. Holdsworth last season was three or four times the player he is this season, we have one move and today Patten looked like he was a bit fed up with it, Stefan has now stopped passing to Jody so straving the supply line and Feka why on why did we sign him. Poor Management since last season has resulted in where we are today, there appears to be no leadership at the club and no one appears at the club to care about it, even Vievers said on the radio there was no crisis at the club. From what I have seen tonight we have a massive crisis at Salford and if clubspeak is denying it and hoping it will go away won't work. We are on the deck stacking deckchairs as the SS Salford sinks quickly below the waves and the board pour each other drinks as the club DJ plays last requests. icon_frustrated.gif

RankPostsTeam
Moderator12488No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Mar 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
disney/00004.gif
Huddersfield Giants 2013 over achievers Huddersfield Giants 2014 under achievers ??????????:disney/00004.gif

Holdsworth was impressive for you. His try was so jammy though. Kicked on the fifth tackle from about 30 yards out. The ball landed about 2 cms from the dead ball line (me shouting leave it, unfortunately the Giants players must have heard me icon_lol.gif ) then bounced backwards away from all the Giants players for Holdsworth to touch down.

From what i saw today the area you need to tighten up is your goal line defence which was dire. Other than that you seem to have quite a bit of ability.

Congrats to the fans who came over ( and only about a dozen left before the end). eusa_clap.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2990No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13977_1335458918.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_13977.jpg

Enormous overreaction currently. Two weeks ago we hammered the Bulls with enterprising Rugby. Since then we have played 2 top 4 teams with the strongest defences in the League and tonight we scored 4 well worked tries.

Our attack for once is creating openings but our goal line defence is dreadful and 5 tries conceded from 2 yards out. Shocking statistic.

I dont share many peoples view here as this can be turned around - attack wise we need to sharpen passing to where the man should be rather than one yard behind and we need to interchange DJ, Smith & Ratch throughout the game which would freshen ideas in attack but please can we have someone coach the lads in defence in our own 25.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5313No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2012May 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Others/NA.JPG
[size=100:inve33bl][quote="Dave Lister":inve33bl]I reckon Salford's fans are the friendliest i've come across and haven't got a bad word to say about them[/quote:inve33bl][/size:inve33bl] :CLAP: Love him or hate him, 163 consecutive appearances should make Stuart Littler a Salford legend in anyone's book :CLAP::Others/NA.JPG

I may be alone on this but I thought we were better tonight. The only thing that really let us down was our goal-line defence. Unfortunately the amount of time we spent defending tired us out, hence the second half collapse.

Two heavy defeats over Easter were always on the cards and should not be used to judge our team. Results against teams like Bradford and London either side of Easter are far more important to our season. Therefore, if we lose heavily on Saturday, I may change my tune?!

[i[awaits someone who drinks more and/or shouts louder telling me that I don't know anything ..... ][/i

RankPostsTeam
Moderator7760No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2018Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15_1451944442.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_15.gif

The biggest disappointment was the goal line defence. Absolutely terrible. Hudds scored 9 tries, 7 of which either came from the dummy half diving over, or the first receiver just busting a tackle - no moves, no guile, just going straight though. Then there was the try from the kick where we all just stood around and watched their player take it unopposed, then stood off while he offloaded it to the scorer. Really, really need to wake up.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach574No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2014Feb 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Bigpev "you sound like the anouncer who made up the attendance, 6,400 more like 4,600, we played like a group of new to rugby league beginners, no clue on defending close to the line and from my conversation tonight some players have already been offered more than we have offered them for next season so we might start getting a Coley situation all over again.
We need to change the captain to someone who can get the players some what motivated and not go through the motions, after tonight I feel the club don't deserve a franchise, since Harrison left we have gone backwards, we have brought through some good players but within months they appear to forget how to play rugby league. Holdsworth last season was three or four times the player he is this season, we have one move and today Patten looked like he was a bit fed up with it, Stefan has now stopped passing to Jody so straving the supply line and Feka why on why did we sign him. Poor Management since last season has resulted in where we are today, there appears to be no leadership at the club and no one appears at the club to care about it, even Vievers said on the radio there was no crisis at the club. From what I have seen tonight we have a massive crisis at Salford and if clubspeak is denying it and hoping it will go away won't work. We are on the deck stacking deckchairs as the SS Salford sinks quickly below the waves and the board pour each other drinks as the club DJ plays last requests.
If you are talking like this Big Pev,its time the directors started to listen.

55 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed
55 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.28466796875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Play-offs
Deeeekos
1m
Play offs
newcat
1m