JoinedServiceReputation
May 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2010Sep 2010LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

The refferee did not score the trys we so poorly defended yes the ref made disitions but we had a good lead and as usual dont no how to hold on or even go on to win a game that was still the for the taking that makes it a team and coach problem not a refs fault for us making silly errors and poor tackling. and playing one out rugby as we have seen vertully all season as been proven time and time again dont win you games. The team should take the blame not the ref. he as an hard enough job as it is. are club just has no idea how to win a game

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach340No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2011Jun 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: neil72 "The refferee did not score the trys we so poorly defended yes the ref made disitions but we had a good lead and as usual dont no how to hold on or even go on to win a game that was still the for the taking that makes it a team and coach problem not a refs fault for us making silly errors and poor tackling. and playing one out rugby as we have seen vertully all season as been proven time and time again dont win you games. The team should take the blame not the ref. he as an hard enough job as it is. are club just has no idea how to win a game'"

Ah we dont know how to win a game icon_rolleyes.gif ? dont talk sh*t , thought you want goin no more games ? the club is crap blah blah blah you watched them since you was a boy yeah yeah , we know......... lol

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member3987No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2016Jul 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Humans, male/MALE2.JPG
*** Missed one of Salford Red Devils Independent fan podcast DEVIL IN THE DETAIL use the link below and catch up, or our facebook page to get all upto date gossip facebook Devil in The Detail SRD [url]https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=270334099791871[url] catch up here [url]https://www.soundcloud.com/devil-in-the-detail-srd[/url] ***Salford City Reds #1 Prophet Of Fulfilment***:Humans, male/MALE2.JPG

Quote: GT "The officials had f*ck all to do with the outcome of the game.'"

I dont want to get drawn into your little battle with tall red GT, but catalans getting repeat sets from decitions made by the referee made us use up more energy defending. We ran out of gas in the end because we were physically and mentally knackered after all that defending because we kept getting penalised even with the ball.

We all know your chief defender of referees but you must find it hard sometimes like friday?

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner2493No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Jun 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
5443.jpg
:5443.jpg

Quote: tall red "As for the guy who watched the game AGAIN has he put it ,was he there and thought i must watch that game again to see if the decisions were right, would love to know how he got the game so fast as i cant get a copy untill monday
As the guy in question does work with the Dragons then I would say it's safe to assume that yes he was at the game & yes he will have quicker access to the game video than most.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2760No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2014Jan 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
19370.jpg
:19370.jpg

There may have been some unusual decisions from Bentham buts its not the referee that makes the tackles, its also the referee that doesnt miss the tackles or drop balls.

It just a poor 2nd half from Salford

GT
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner11532
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jan 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6248_1358341317.jpg
[b:2akkj491]Jeb End Reds[/b:2akkj491] [color=#FF0000:2akkj491][b:2akkj491][url=hhtp://www/foreverreds.co.uk/:2akkj491]SUPPORT FOREVER REDS - THE SALFORD CITY REDS SUPPORTERS' TRUST[/url:2akkj491][/b:2akkj491][/color:2akkj491] [b:2akkj491][color=red:2akkj491]MUFC[/color:2akkj491] ~ FCUM ~ [color=red:2akkj491]SRLFC[/color:2akkj491] ~ LCCC[/b:2akkj491] [url=http://undergreylancastrianskies.blogspot.com/:2akkj491]My Blog[/url:2akkj491] ~ [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/8580799@N06/:2akkj491]My Flickr[/url:2akkj491]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6248.jpg

Quote: The optimist "I dont want to get drawn into your little battle with tall red GT, but catalans getting repeat sets from decitions made by the referee made us use up more energy defending. We ran out of gas in the end because we were physically and mentally knackered after all that defending because we kept getting penalised even with the ball.

We all know your chief defender of referees but you must find it hard sometimes like friday?'"

And we all know you're the most one-eyed Salford fans out there who always sees fault with the referee. If you're really blaming the ref for us defending so badly at times in that second half then I give up, I really do.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman31779
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1014_1377173247.jpg
[url=http://johnpdobson.com:lyk3t81x]johnpdobson.com[/url:lyk3t81x] [url=http://www.twitter.com/johnnydobbo:lyk3t81x]Twitter[/url:lyk3t81x]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_1014.jpg

I've had a look at the stats and d'you know what? Bentham didn't knock on once, gave away zero penalties and didn't miss a single tackle all night. Impressive stuff from the shiny domed Warringtonian.

Also, I couldn't quite see what was going on at the end - the posts were blocking my view. Did Stapleton get a red card after the final whistle? I saw Bentham go to the back pocket, but didn't see what happened after that.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3796
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2021Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
22482_1402863561.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_22482.jpg

Quote: John_D "
Also, I couldn't quite see what was going on at the end - the posts were blocking my view. Did Stapleton get a red card after the final whistle? I saw Bentham go to the back pocket, but didn't see what happened after that.'"

Yep it was after the end of the game. Stapo was actually on the bench and when the hooter went he walked back onto the pitch towards the players and made a comment as Bentham walked past him to leave the field. Bentham then tried to call him over but he ignored him and walked away. Someone finally managed to get him back over to the referee who then sent him off.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach231No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2013Dec 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: tall red "As for the guy who watched the game AGAIN has he put it ,was he there and thought i must watch that game again to see if the decisions were right, would love to know how he got the game so fast as i cant get a copy untill monday
where you get the copy of matches from?

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2016Jul 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Humans, male/MALE2.JPG
*** Missed one of Salford Red Devils Independent fan podcast DEVIL IN THE DETAIL use the link below and catch up, or our facebook page to get all upto date gossip facebook Devil in The Detail SRD [url]https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=270334099791871[url] catch up here [url]https://www.soundcloud.com/devil-in-the-detail-srd[/url] ***Salford City Reds #1 Prophet Of Fulfilment***:Humans, male/MALE2.JPG

Quote: GT "And we all know you're the most one-eyed Salford fans out there who always sees fault with the referee. If you're really blaming the ref for us defending so badly at times in that second half then I give up, I really do.'"

All i am saying is fatigue beat us in the end because you use more energy defending than you do attacking, the referee manufactured the results with the decitions he made.

for what its worth cats actual tries were class and im not upset about our lack of defence when the trys were scored, what upset me was the non-penalties given by the referee allowing catalan territory,position and possession to build pressure to score from

Rugby league is all about building pressure on your opposion and having forward momentum, teams get that by good play by proffessionals who make every set count and very rarely have a non-set ( a standard 5 drive 1 man up no support and a kick?)

When your not playing so well or you dont have the quality of player to make every set count penalties become very important, salford imo are in this category.

How many times do we say we struggle to get out of our 20m? It more than usual its virtually every set, turn it round how many times do you see salford pin opponants in their 20M and dont let them out, very rare because we get too excited get caught offside, give a penalty away in the tackle or we miss a tackle.
That is our problem staying focused and not giving silly pens or winning penalties when under pressure or building pressure because referees will give them .

Next time you see a penalty given see what happens in the next 2 sets, good teams score, superleague class teams will get a repeat set or pin there opponants in their 20, penalties are a massive part of our game to change a flow of a game.

Back to catalan game we couldnt clear our lines because we kept getting penalised with the ball and not getting the 50/50 calls, so we are defending repeat after repeat sets zapping our energy giving catalan ball, position and possession and it was only a matter of time, we were lucky we lasted so long to be honest because catalan were camped in our red zone for so long with so many tackles in the bank it was only our fantastic efforts in defence that kept them out until 2 mins to go.

If we had got one of them 50/50 penalties or were able to complete a set taken away by a penality we would have defused the pressure and put us further up the field.

As for being one eyed, i feel i have mellowed with age i find myself spotting alker forward passes and jewitt highshots now and calling them, you wouldnt know this cos your in your jeb end.
All i want is consistancy.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner458
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2016Jul 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6229_1376464756.jpg
He who controls the present, controls the past. He who controls the past, controls the future.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6229.jpg

The problem with refereeing our game is two-fold. The game is sometimes so quick that the officials are not always in the right positions to make adequate calls. This leads to the second problem which is that they have to guess what happened. An example from Friday was a second half penalty Bentham gaveto Catalans for stripping. I was watching from the North Stand and Three players were involved in the tackle and no way on gods earth could Bentham see what actually happened. The ball came loose so Bentham gave the decision based on probability. This kind of thing goes on throughout all SL games. Its not a critisism of Refs as we have to have them but Linesmen are under-used and maybe the powers that be can find a way of involving them more. As for technology well im afraid even now that still hasent put an end to controversy has it (yes i still fume at the Hull game some seasons back) All in all Refs do not drop balls or miss tackles but we can see how inconsistancy from officials can influence games, crucial in a sport that is essentially territory based.

GT
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner11532
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jan 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6248_1358341317.jpg
[b:2akkj491]Jeb End Reds[/b:2akkj491] [color=#FF0000:2akkj491][b:2akkj491][url=hhtp://www/foreverreds.co.uk/:2akkj491]SUPPORT FOREVER REDS - THE SALFORD CITY REDS SUPPORTERS' TRUST[/url:2akkj491][/b:2akkj491][/color:2akkj491] [b:2akkj491][color=red:2akkj491]MUFC[/color:2akkj491] ~ FCUM ~ [color=red:2akkj491]SRLFC[/color:2akkj491] ~ LCCC[/b:2akkj491] [url=http://undergreylancastrianskies.blogspot.com/:2akkj491]My Blog[/url:2akkj491] ~ [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/8580799@N06/:2akkj491]My Flickr[/url:2akkj491]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6248.jpg

Quote: The optimist "All i am saying is fatigue beat us in the end because you use more energy defending than you do attacking, the referee manufactured the results with the decitions he made.

for what its worth cats actual tries were class and im not upset about our lack of defence when the trys were scored, what upset me was the non-penalties given by the referee allowing catalan territory,position and possession to build pressure to score from'"

All of that is contradicted by your other comment below

So the referee manufactured the result and gave non-penalties against us because we were offside, or something in the tackle to give away a penalty? Or the referee manufactured the result because we missed a tackle?

Quote: The optimist "As for being one eyed, i feel i have mellowed with age i find myself spotting alker forward passes and jewitt highshots now and calling them, you wouldnt know this cos your in your jeb end.
All i want is consistancy.'"

Yeah, because you were dead mellow and everything at Warrington, weren't you? It's all well and good seeing forward passes and high shots - every team gets away with those in every game - but complete nonsense such as the drivel above just points to it being easier to blame officials for results rather than just being able to hold our hands up and say "look, we f*cked up second half, Catalans came good. Get on with it."

As for the comment about where I stand these days... That almost sounds like a dig. But never mind.

Right, on that note I'm turning the internet off for a day or so. Have fun, children.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach113No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2015Aug 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I thought we did ok on Friday. First half it looked as though Catalans turned up expecting, rather having to perform for the win. Take no credit from ourselves though, I thought Stapleton, Ratchford and Smith in particular were really good.

Second half Catalans had obviously been given a bollocking and turned it up a few notches, and as a result, showed why they are near the play-offs, and we are second to bottom.

This however was our best performance since the first half against Wire, and it's definitely something we should carry forward to the game @ Quins.

Also, kudos to Mcrae for mixing things up a bit, I thought we looked much fresher with Fitzy in and a few changes in formation.

Gutted to lose, but overall happy with the commitment and performance.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner622
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2016Dec 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6673.jpg
-------------------------------------------------------- Winner, Salford Reds RL Prediction League 2005 -------------------------------------------------------- Founder Member: Chorley Reds Chapter --------------------------------------------------------:6673.jpg

Quote: willowsshed " I thought we looked much fresher with Fitzy in and a few changes in formation.
'"

I actually thought that made us look suspect in defence, unable to take an attacking kick on the full, and suicidal when passing across to Wilshire right in front of our own sticks on the frst tackle.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2016Jul 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Humans, male/MALE2.JPG

Quote: GT "Yeah, because you were dead mellow and everything at Warrington, weren't you? It's all well and good seeing forward passes and high shots - every team gets away with those in every game - but complete nonsense such as the drivel above just points to it being easier to blame officials for results rather than just being able to hold our hands up and say "look, we f*cked up second half, Catalans came good. Get on with it."
Quote: GT "]

These days most of my anger is directed at the players as ive come to the conlution that the reason the referees keep penalise us is because on the whole our players they are not good enough to get away with a 50/50 decition, if you arnt quick enough or inteligent enough to bend the rules to your advantage and get away with it you will get pulled, time and time and time again.

After a while repuation will proceed you and if a 50/50 call comes up which could put you 30 yards up the field to attack your opposition or defending your own line you'lll get the decition your league position deserves as a playoff team doesnt throw forward passes or knockon without interference thats why they are in the playoffs because they have won more than they have lost, you'll probably find teams playoff dreams are usually ended by the teams around them not losing away to 2nd bottom bit more drama then.

I remember our playoff season and we got some real strange decitions which put us in a position to win us matches that year kept us in the top 6, i didnt complain then as i saw it as pay back for all the years we suffered bad decitions, was it fair? No...did i care...no because every dog has its day and that season was ours.

As for you standing in the jeb end you need to stop being paranoid fella not everyone is looking for a fight with you, i was under the impression you moved there because the abuse about referees, the language and the lack of atmosphere in the shed got to you, i might be wrong, probably am. free country you can watch it where you like apart from the seats extra money to sit there, i can asure you the shed is a different animal to the one you left behind.

For what its worth in a few years when i bring my young family to matches ill probably join you in there perhaps. Or ill go in the northstand where i started and we'll wave at you all match (nice waving not the stuff you do to the visiting supporters) icon_wink.gif

50 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed
50 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

4.51220703125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Wigan v Sts discussion - THIS THREAD ONLY PLEASE
Zig
Recent
Round 27 HKR Away
His Bobness
Recent
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Once were Lo
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Rumours and signings v9
moto748
17s
Planning for next season
Binosh
21s
Tom Johnstone
dboy
26s
TV Games - Not Hull
boardwalkemp
35s
Wigan v Sts discussion - THIS THREAD ONLY PLEASE
Zig
39s
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
54s
bulls on Sunday
Greg Florimo
56s
Tonights match v London
karetaker
1m
This weeks disciplinary
MorePlaymake
1m
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Once were Lo
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Hull KR Secure Second With Victory Over Leeds
RLFANS News
TODAY
Tonights match v London
karetaker
TODAY
Wembley photo
AgbriggAmble
TODAY
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trophy By Thrashing Salford
RLFANS News
TODAY
Barrow
PopTart
TODAY
Holly Spurr Interview
JamieRobinso
TODAY
Wolves again
BigTime
TODAY
Academy Players Promoted to First Team Squad
Simba16
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Saints
Deeeekos
TODAY
Round 27 HKR Away
His Bobness
TODAY
Squad for London
MorePlaymake
TODAY
Hull FC preview
Hessle Roade
TODAY
Halifax A
dddooommm
TODAY
East stand
PopTart
TODAY
Locations of League
Wollo-Wollo-
TODAY
Matt Parcell to leave at seasons end
Huddersfield
TODAY
Huddersfiels to get new stadium
RobRiches
TODAY
IMG
Fantastic Mr
TODAY
Leaving players
Murphy
TODAY
bulls on Sunday
Greg Florimo
TODAY
Concerts at Stadiums
Fantastic Mr
TODAY
Finn out Murrell in
faxcar
TODAY
Playoff Semi Final
MattyB
TODAY
Bulls Accounts up to Nov 2023
Highlander
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
Wigan Warriors Defeat Hull KR ..
Wane Names Provisional Squad f..
Leeds Rhinos Ride Their Luck F..
Wigan Warriors Level Top As Ca..
Castleford Tigers Inflict Anot..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.63M 2,912 ↑27880,12114,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     National Rugby League 2024-R29
10:50
Sydney
v
Manly
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R27
15:00
Hull FC
v
Catalans
       Championship 2024-R27
18:00
Featherstone
v
Dewsbury
18:00
Widnes
v
Toulouse
19:30
Wakefield
v
Barrow
 TOMORROW
       Championship 2024-R27
Batley
v
Swinton
Halifax
v
Bradford
Swinton
v
Doncaster
       League One 2024-R24
Hunslet
v
Midlands
Keighley
v
Rochdale
 Fri 27th Sep
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R28
20:00
Salford
v
Leigh
 Sat 28th Sep
       Championship 2024-R28
17:00
Toulouse
v
Batley
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R28
17:00
Warrington
v
St.Helens
 Sun 29th Sep
       Championship 2024-R28
Barrow
v
Widnes
Bradford
v
Swinton
Dewsbury
v
Sheffield
Wakefield
v
Doncaster
Whitehaven
v
Halifax
York
v
Featherstone
 Sun 27th Oct 2024
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Sat 21st Sep
SL
Hull FC-Catalans
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Fri 20th Sep
SL 27 Hull KR26-16Leeds
SL 27 Leigh18-12St.Helens
SL 27 Warrington54-0LondonB
CH 27 Sheffield24-26York
NRL 29 Cronulla26-18NQL Cowboys
Thu 19th Sep
SL 27 Huddersfield34-10Castleford
SL 27 Wigan64-0Salford
Sun 15th Sep
WSL2024 14 FeatherstoneW6-32York V
WSL2024 14 Hudds W36-0Wire W
CH 26 Barrow34-14Whitehaven
CH 26 Bradford16-14Batley
CH 26 Dewsbury16-28Swinton
CH 26 Doncaster30-14Widnes
CH 26 Featherstone6-20Sheffield
CH 26 Wakefield20-4York
NRL 28 Canterbury22-24Manly
L1 23 Midlands24-22Workington
L1 23 Rochdale30-18Hunslet
Sat 14th Sep
SL 26 Hull FC4-58Salford
SL 26 Catalans12-8LondonB
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 27 721 336 385 44
Hull KR 27 719 327 392 42
Warrington 27 738 319 419 40
Salford 27 550 547 3 32
Leigh 27 566 398 168 31
St.Helens 27 596 388 208 30

Leeds 27 530 488 42 28
Catalans 26 451 423 28 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
Hull FC 26 324 870 -546 6
LondonB 27 317 916 -599 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 24 892 256 636 46
Bradford 24 618 373 245 32
Toulouse 23 662 340 322 31
York 26 639 463 176 28
Sheffield 25 618 498 120 28
Widnes 24 513 433 80 27

Featherstone 24 566 472 94 26
Doncaster 24 470 527 -57 23
Batley 24 378 513 -135 20
Halifax 24 475 617 -142 20