FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Salford Red Devils > How long before the vultures are out for Stefan Ratchford?
48 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach231No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2013Dec 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Salford_Stu "Yeah right........We just sell him to Saints then...Wigan maybe...anyone else want to bid...
wigan in front of tompkins never in a million years

saints have eastmond who did have a poor game against us on friday bt fink saint would stick with him instead of weastin money on myler

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach55No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2009Jan 1970LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

funny how people are saying that ratchford's better than myler when it becomes clear that myler's effing off.
ratchford will never win games like myler will do end of story

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach780
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
14734.jpg
[quote="tigertot":mfjd7ty1]I am the king of prediction. Bulls by 14.[/quote:mfjd7ty1] Final score: Bradford 18-38 Salford:14734.jpg

rlCoughrl

icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner612No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024May 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
5434.jpg
R & R Rugby & Rock Rugby Rocks:5434.jpg

Quote: salfordtillidie88 "wigan in front of tompkins never in a million years

saints have eastmond who did have a poor game against us on friday bt fink saint would stick with him instead of weastin money on myler'"

You make the point... Warrington will bide there time, and get him for bladders.....My point both Wigan and St,s have been interested (St's turned down...I seem to recall reading on here ) so anyone who wants to cough up the money can have him....that includes Barrow who were after Briers icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif ( thats a joke by the way )
Personally....I don't want anybody who needs someone else to tell him which team to play for, to play for Salford....and unless he tells Offiah that...he goes with my blessing !

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach383No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2013Aug 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: BIGRED1 "funny how people are saying that ratchford's better than myler when it becomes clear that myler's effing off.
ratchford will never win games like myler will do end of story'"
2 tries and a hand in the other 2 says diffrent or was u watching another game.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member4338No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2009Jan 1970LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2307.jpg
:2307.jpg

Quote: BIGRED1 "funny how people are saying that ratchford's better than myler when it becomes clear that myler's effing off.

Having had the pleasure to have watched young Stefan Ratchford progress through the grades at the Willows since his very early days I feel he is now fast becoming a very accomplished Super League player.

But in fairness you are only as good as the players around you and I feel once we have the future of Richard Myler out of the way Stefan Ratchford can only improve be it partnered with Jeremy Smith or in the future young Lewis Palfrey who is waiting in the wings for his big chance to shine.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach55No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2009Jan 1970LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

he plays well in one game, with help of the post and the luckiest pass you'll ever see from wilshire and all of a sudden he's the new wally lewis again.
im sure if wigan make an offer to sign him he wont be all that good all of a sudden and lewis whatever his name is will be the next best thing.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member470No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2017Jul 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3939.gif
www.cftrust.org.uk:3939.gif

Quote: BIGRED1 "he plays well in one game, with help of the post and the luckiest pass you'll ever see from wilshire and all of a sudden he's the new wally lewis again.
im sure if wigan make an offer to sign him he wont be all that good all of a sudden and lewis whatever his name is will be the next best thing.'"

Have you actually watched Ratchford play before last week because he's steadily getting better with each game.

When Jeremy Smith got injured this season he took his oppurtunity of moving from the wing back to his correct position of stand off and hasnt been dislodged because he's been playing that well.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach780
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
14734.jpg
[quote="tigertot":mfjd7ty1]I am the king of prediction. Bulls by 14.[/quote:mfjd7ty1] Final score: Bradford 18-38 Salford:14734.jpg

Quote: BIGRED1 "he plays well in one game, with help of the post and the luckiest pass you'll ever see from wilshire and all of a sudden he's the new wally lewis again.
im sure if wigan make an offer to sign him he wont be all that good all of a sudden and lewis whatever his name is will be the next best thing.'"

Not just one game, We haven't won many this season but the ones we have won have been on the back of a stand out performance from somebody, Myler has taken the plaudits for wins against leeds and bradford, Adamson had an absolute stormer against Wire on Good Friday, Even Jeremy Smith has won Two games for us against FC in the cup and Celtic opening weekend of the season.
But Against both Huddersfield away and Saints I thought Ratchford was our best Player, his kicking game in both won us the game with field position, the Giants pack dominated and made around 200 meters more than us in the wet at the Galpharm.
Our wins against Leeds and Saints have been good but Leeds were off form and had a similar loss 3 days before. Saints had Pryce, Gidley, Cunningham missing. So our performance against a Giants team that was on form was by far our best performance of the season and that was all down to one man Stefan Ratchford, That is just two games, who knows what could have been if Ratchford hadn't been playing on the wing. So instead of slagging him off why dont you praise him for his attitude not only when given the oppertunity in his favoured position, but his attitude to do anything for the team, I wonder if Myler would have put his hand up to play on the wing?

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member13205No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2009Jan 1970LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2005.jpg
Anderson-son-son He's better than Kleberson Anderson-son-son-son He's our midfield magician On the left, on the right Do the Samba beat tonight He is class, he sh*gs brass And he sh*ts on Fabregas:2005.jpg

He'll probably never sell us out for the mega bucks at Warrington either.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach467No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2010May 2010LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: scott-the-red "Our wins against Leeds and Saints have been good but Leeds were off form and had a similar loss 3 days before. Saints had Pryce, Gidley, Cunningham missing. So our performance against a Giants team that was on form was by far our best performance of the season and that was all down to one man Stefan Ratchford, That is just two games, who knows what could have been if Ratchford hadn't been playing on the wing. So instead of slagging him off why dont you praise him for his attitude not only when given the oppertunity in his favoured position, but his attitude to do anything for the team, I wonder if Myler would have put his hand up to play on the wing?'"

I am sorry mate Ratchford has done well but that is one of the biggest exagerations I have read on this board. We beat huddersfield, Saints, and Leeds for that matter, because of great team performances. I certainly dont see how you can single out the performances of any player in particular. I also dont really see why you are trying to make excuses for Saints and Leeds just because we beat them. However I suppose from your viewpoint if Ratchford had played well in those games it would have all been down to him too.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1760No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2013Jun 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15722.jpg
:15722.jpg

OK yes he is crap icon_rolleyes.gif
We get a exciting young player who has come through the ranks and peoplecome on here having a moan when people praise him.
Lewis Palfrey is the next best thing if you ever took the time to see a reserves game.We also have Eddie Vaughan at full back.
There is a good pool of talent at the club which I hope to see at some stage in the first team.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member13205No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2009Jan 1970LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2005.jpg
Anderson-son-son He's better than Kleberson Anderson-son-son-son He's our midfield magician On the left, on the right Do the Samba beat tonight He is class, he sh*gs brass And he sh*ts on Fabregas:2005.jpg

Quote: Prestwich Red "Lewis Palfrey is the next best thing if you ever took the time to see a reserves game.'"

Not sure whether he will make it, but I really do hope he does. He has the potential and is of course Salford born 'n bred. Would be great to have a local lad at half-back leading us around the pitch.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach467No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2010May 2010LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Sheddy "Not sure whether he will make it, but I really do hope he does. He has the potential and is of course Salford born 'n bred. Would be great to have a local lad at half-back leading us around the pitch.'"

I agree. It is great to have young players coming through that are actually from Salford. For too long we have relied on the leftovers from the likes of Wigan, Warrington etc after they have signed the players that they want.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member32343
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3076_1671446335.jpg
SAINTS THE ORIGINAL AND PERENNIAL CHEATS For sale full Saints kit (circa 1989). Shirts in pristine condition, but shorts badly soiled. For 27 - 0 you get a trophy For 75 - 0 you get sod all. Wigan had eight in a row Saints have five in a row:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_3076.jpg

Quote: cherrydevil "I agree. It is great to have young players coming through that are actually from Salford. For too long we have relied on the leftovers from the likes of Wigan, Warrington etc after they have signed the players that they want.'"

I'm sure Ratchford comes from Pemberton, Wigan. icon_wink.gif

He was certainly more impressive than Myler in the two recent games v Wigan.

48 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
48 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.00830078125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Who do you want to win the Grand Final
Barstool Pre
4m
Recruitment rumours and links
Smiffy27
4m