JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2013Jan 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
20672.jpg
:CROWN: [color=#4000FF:3cyxr5nr]RLFans.com Soccer Prediction League Champion 2011/2012[/color:3cyxr5nr] :CROWN: [url=http://www.christie.nhs.uk/the-christie-charity/donate.aspx:3cyxr5nr]The Christie - please donate[/url:3cyxr5nr] [url=http://www.popbitch.com/home/2009/10/05/red-pepper-news:3cyxr5nr]Greatest headline ever?[/url:3cyxr5nr]:20672.jpg

Sale signing Henson would be great news for Salford. The man's a walking headline and with Cipriani in the vicinity it would be a lot more entertaining than the fayre served up on-field.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1749No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2014Nov 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46828_1381397654.png
[b:1ut2mx8s][color=#FF0000:1ut2mx8s]Devils Disciples required - No initiation ceremony needed just enter AJ Bell Stadium on Gameday to be accepted.[/color:1ut2mx8s][/b:1ut2mx8s]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_46828.png

Quote: Dantes Inferno "Please Mr Salford for the goodness of this club GO AWAY you have done enough damage....'"

It seems to me he hasn't done the equivalent damage to what has occurred at Bradford,Wakefield,and Crusaders,(both Bridgend and Wrexham).The rich guy Davy,at Huddersfield has just had his head coach do a pretty good impersonation of a politician with his flip flopping and going to Saints who have a new stadium at the same time as us.Huddersfield struggle for crowds despite the popularity of the owner.
Hull KR have well-documented problems and are playing home games at the KC Stadium and Castleford are still waiting for signs of progress on and off the field.Hull are now charging away fans much more than home fans and they are charging soccer scouts the cost of a seat,after scouts were always allowed free entry.
Leeds share with a union side and cannot improve their stadium due to lack of funds.
Warrington despite their wealth seem to lack any on-field progression at the moment despite their recent cup success.

Overall,and in contrast with other clubs,given the low attendances at a crumbling stadium which cost a lot for renovation,his record stands admirably high to a lot of people.

It does seem some of the ones who are imagining dark deeds ahead are those who want the board removing.
Coincidence I'm sure.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner6292No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7891.jpg
Salford RLFC Folly ARLFC Good john wilky last looked out on the pitch at salford. when the snow lay round about deep and crisp and even brightly played the lads that night though the frost was cruelllll when poor swinton scored a try we had 94urrrrrrrrrr:7891.jpg

Quote: Michigan red " maybe a joint purchase of Henson as despite what some think he would definately grab us some headlines - though some might not be for the right reasons.'"

Seriously don't take this the wrong way, but are you on drugs?

A joint purchase, how would that work?Do you really think Sale would share players? Would the player himself be happy with this? And do we really want to be sharing players?

That Idea is one of the most barbaric I've ever read on here, and that's saying something!

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman403No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2017Feb 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Black Backgrounds/Beaker.gif
rugby best game in the world by miles:Black Backgrounds/Beaker.gif

i wonder what the Sale fans think os this? from what ive heard there not happy at all with the move , many saying they wont be watching them again!!

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach10390No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11969.jpg
Me and are kid (TheButcher) putting the world two rights. ERIC SHAW PREDICTION LEAGUE & PLAY OFFS WINNER 2013 Don't like it? Well Frack off then. Energy & progress for all. Foe is our friend. mitie mouse, Lancetodd, Marshy1, eccles star, Dantes Inferno, Philyourboots, biggunbrad, DAVE@CAS1990, RED LEAGUE, OzWelsh, Red-Devils-PAW, newgroundb4wakey All blocked - Go ahead punk make my day.:11969.jpg

Quote: Ave It! "Seriously don't take this the wrong way, but are you on drugs?

A joint purchase, how would that work?Do you really think Sale would share players? Would the player himself be happy with this? And do we really want to be sharing players?

That Idea is one of the most barbaric I've ever read on here, and that's saying something!'"

So it's an uncivilised or primitive suggestion?

I said for a marketing ploy it would be a good move, I have little doubt that should Henson get on an RL pitch the added space would suit his game, he's a decent tackler and an excelent kicker. And surely you can see that there would be headlines in any such venture - whether Sale (or for that matter Salford) would go for it is a whole different question.
I to be honest didn't expect anything but a negatice slant on my post from you and your gang on here.
If you or anyone doubts my love for the club you seriously don't know me, I just don't go along with the doom and gloom of all this, we are in the main Masters of our own destiny here, if we die on our s I'm affraid it will be little to do with Sale playing at our shared stadium but the innept running of the club on many levels.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2488No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2014Aug 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17925.jpg
:17925.jpg

Quote: Michigan red "Think what some fail to grasp is the reality that the owners of a property are maximising thier income from it. Show me a business that wouldn't do the same and I'll show you someone in need of special care or a sugar Daddy.

Salford now have to make sure they make the right choices at the right time rather than after the horse has bolted. Do things properlly and I'm convinced that the club can make positive strides.

It is well known on here I have an affiliation to RU at an international level due to having Welsh heritage, what I fail to see is why people are worried when club RU doesn't even come close to matching wekk in week out RL, the brand of rugby we are playing this year should be a selling point in it's own right.

Sale though have already got the star name in place by signing Danny Ciprianni for next season and I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised if they didn't go after Henson and try to get even more headlines when they kick off at a new stadium. Maybe Salford need to take a page from that book and rustle up the funding to make a marque signing for next season - maybe a joint purchase of Henson as despite what some think he would definately grab us some headlines - though some might not be for the right reasons.'"

A property which we spent over a decade getting built and had to leave our home of 110 years to play at. To suggest there is no middle ground between outright ownership and getting shat on in every respect like we are now is ridiculous. Salford council need to step up on this and Salford RLFC need to improve beyond all recognition like you say. The fear that grips most people on here is Salford have shown absolutely no aptitude to make it work for us - hence one of the many reasons for the concern Sale will subsume us.

As for the Henson suggestion. . . oh dear.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach678No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2018Sep 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Although I am not entirely happy with our demise some need to get real.

We were dead at the willows finished,given a couple more years at the willows we would have been playing regularly with Swinton in front of 1500 at best.

We have a chance at Barton with a City which does not give a f... about rugby league. Yes we have sold the silverware but without a magic sugar daddy the chance was taken to try & keep us in Super league, surely when the stadium was being built we knew we did not own the stadium & would have to share, or have some been asleep too long.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2488No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2014Aug 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17925.jpg
:17925.jpg

This myth that there is no appetite for RL in Salford is ridiculous. There does not appear to be an appetite for a terrible rugby team that gets relegated on average every 5 years and boasts some of the worse off the field management you could wish too find anywhere. Improve the latter and crowds would have improved slowly over the years, improve the former drastically and crowds would shoot up. There was 10k for the last game at The Willows just last September.

Some people on here appear ready to raise the white flag for Rugby League in Salford which is a frightening prospect.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman3253No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2016Nov 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1066_1345755623.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_1066.jpg

Any kind of 'protest' at the game on Monday.... will be a complete waste of time. The deal is done... and all you will be doing is throwing a load of negativity around a winnable game... and more so... around many potential new fans and families.... You want to do it... wait... you have all season to do something properly and constructively.

However.... what you'll be left with are the usual suspects... which will turn out to be 30-40 people if you are lucky. I cast my mind back to the time when there were mergers being considered. We went to Oldham who we were supposed to be merging with... how many people protested at the game ? About 20-30.... and despite being a ridiculous idea... the powers wanted it to happen... yet we couldn't even muster enough people to make scratch the surface. Fortunately... the people running the game decided against it... but it certainly wasn't down to our protests.

The protests should have happened years ago... lets face it... there have been enough opportunities over the years.

I've said for the last couple of years that with the current setup at the club we were going nowhere but into a slump... but been shot down many times as Mr Negative. We just want to thank our lucky stars that the players on the pitch can play a bit... and we are winning games... because if we weren't... god only knows what this board would be like.

This isn't just about Sale moving in... That's just a consequence of the way we have been run over the years. I've no gripe with Sale at all... I have no issue per say with them moving in.... they have been given a good opportunity... why wouldn't they take it... My gripe is with what's happened over the last few years.

Fact is... there are a number of people on here who could do a better job than our CEO... and I lay a lot of the blame firmly at his feet as to why we are in the position of joint tenants of a stadium which we should have owned had we got it right years ago... but we didn't get it right did we.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach678No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2018Sep 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I am not raising the white flag far from it, I have supported the club since the late 60s I still support in any way I can.
I am not happy about what as happened to our club but I like some on here live in the real world.
We don't have a product that sells enough, now we know the board have been pretty but we need now more than any other time in our history to get behind the club.
I seen many of the names on here saying they are not going to another match because it is crap, these same people are now crying wolf.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach10390No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11969.jpg
Me and are kid (TheButcher) putting the world two rights. ERIC SHAW PREDICTION LEAGUE & PLAY OFFS WINNER 2013 Don't like it? Well Frack off then. Energy & progress for all. Foe is our friend. mitie mouse, Lancetodd, Marshy1, eccles star, Dantes Inferno, Philyourboots, biggunbrad, DAVE@CAS1990, RED LEAGUE, OzWelsh, Red-Devils-PAW, newgroundb4wakey All blocked - Go ahead punk make my day.:11969.jpg

Quote: Walshovski " To suggest there is no middle ground between outright ownership and getting shat on in every respect like we are now is ridiculous.

As for the Henson suggestion. . . oh dear.'"

The simple solution would have been to move into the new stadium, for the club to get the marketing right and got the many extra 0000 bums on seats we need and maybe the owners might not have considered the option of a second tennant - the reality that was never going to happen. I really don't see how the club are getting shat on though! I'm not being flippant as if there is a reason they are and I'm missing it I'd gladly admit i'm wrong.

The Henson suggestion was mearly an idea, it would appear to me that the club gets a great many of it's 'brainwaves' from suggestions mooted on here so fail to see any harm in any suggestion that is meant with good intent.
We once bought an ex Wales RU international who granted had already converted to RL but hand't set the world on fire and he went on to become one of the best Captains I've seen and certainly one of the best props in the past 30 years.

RankPostsTeam
International Star424No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2012Sep 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
62282_1327231819.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_62282.jpg

Quote: Walshovski "This myth that there is no appetite for RL in Salford is ridiculous. There does not appear to be an appetite for a terrible rugby team that gets relegated on average every 5 years and boasts some of the worse off the field management you could wish too find anywhere. Improve the latter and crowds would have improved slowly over the years, improve the former drastically and crowds would shoot up. There was 10k for the last game at The Willows just last September. .'"

Fantastic post walshy. You've hit the nail on the head. The Off field management is the cause of todays state of the club. The 10k last september proved there are supporters out there to be won over, the salford public do want rugby league, it cringes me to the bone with this myth we don't. And the obvious 30 year failings of this regime came up with jack shlt effort to win them back over. In hindesight. The move from the willows was the wrong decision in a lot of salfordians eyes.

RankPostsTeam
International Star51No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2014Jul 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
disney1/Dis26.gif
:disney1/Dis26.gif

Quote: "We once bought an ex Wales RU international who granted had already converted to RL but hand't set the world on fire and he went on to become one of the best Captains I've seen and certainly one of the best props in the past 30 years.'"
eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner570No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2017Jan 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Ive tried to read through 26 pages of turmoil, strife etc,

some of the stuff thats been wrote i wont bother even trying to answer, Dantes,

other , things that have been wrote i agree with,

To be honest we as a club and fans have had no say in the matter , of the stadium build, or Sale moving in with us.

We dont as fans unless someone from the club tells us what the deal with peel holdings was, as to what out agreement with peel holdings to us using the stadium was, and i doubt they will tell us, as they have kept us in the dark from day 2,

as for our support through the years, yes we have been on a rock n roll, ive been there since 1962 when i had my first season ticket as a lad, been to wembley the floodlight 7s all that , , the PEOPLE OF SALFORD HAVE BEEN THERE , its just that the people of SALFORD have changed, THEY ARE NOT SALFORDIANS ANY MORE, born n bred, and therefore dont know what SALFORD RLFC means to them,

I remember as a kid getting the autographs of the united players coming to watch SALFORD play.

As for the management of the club, the sooner we find a millionare to take control the better, but lets be honest its never gonna happen,

we have no choice ladies n gents but to shut up and put up with peel holdings,

OR DO WHAT NEWCASTLE UNITED FANS DID WHEN THEY TRIED TO RENAME THIER GROUND,

unless u saw the scene , i will say no more,

i dont like it as much as any other true salford lad or lass through n through, but i will still be there for the name of SALFORD RLFC,

as for the RFL dont make me laugh, ive seen more back bone in a jellyfish.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman6769No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2013Aug 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons39ad_files/4795-1859san_c-msnicons.jpg
Holts Sweet Holts Never Drink on an Empty Head BIGPEV THE ONLY MAN TO GET A REAL INJURY AT THE STOOP:icons39ad_files/4795-1859san_c-msnicons.jpg

Quote: Dantes Inferno "Fantastic post walshy. You've hit the nail on the head. The Off field management is the cause of todays state of the club. The 10k last september proved there are supporters out there to be won over, the salford public do want rugby league, it cringes me to the bone with this myth we don't. And the obvious 30 year failings of this regime came up with jack shlt effort to win them back over. In hindesight. The move from the willows was the wrong decision in a lot of salfordians eyes.'"

Unfortunately if we would have stayed at the willows we would have been out by now, the RFL board are pushing clubs into financial gulfs because they want to see shiney new grounds, If thw Welsh set up hadn't thrown the towel in, Wakefield would have been kicked out. We now have the Bradford problem, surely when they put their bid in for a franchise the RFL must not have really looked at the real finances that a club that size would expect to cost and the costings that Bradford put forward, because by January the RFL bailed them out. So the real question is are the current rfl board really good for rugby league? are they fit and proper to run a multi-million pound business? So the move may have been wrong but the Willows under the current RFL administration was a total no no.

562 posts in 38 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed
562 posts in 38 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

2.203125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Grand final Tickets
Wigg'n
Recent
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
Jack Burton
Recent
Recruitment rumours and links
Chris McKean
Recent
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Leyther in n
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
TV Games - Not Hull
The games af
1m
Questions for Ste Mills
PopTart
1m
Recruitment rumours and links
Chris McKean
1m
Fev H Play Off
Marvin Goola
2m
Film game
Boss Hog
3m
Season tickets
Tony Fax
4m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
5m
Grand final Tickets
Wigg'n
5m
Leigh it is
moto748
5m
Tonights match v HKR
Wires71
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
2024 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Grand Final
FoxyRhino
TODAY
York Valkyrie Win Back to Back Grand Finals
RLFANS News
TODAY
NRL
Benny Profan
TODAY
Penrith Panthers Secure Fourth Consecutive Title
RLFANS News
TODAY
Seeking favourite images from grounds - past or present
retrosports
TODAY
Grand final Tickets
Wigg'n
TODAY
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Grand Final Place
RoyBoy29
TODAY
Refs referring it to video as a try or not
Barstool Pre
TODAY
Questions for Ste Mills
PopTart
TODAY
Decision on the field
MR FRISK
TODAY
Who do you want to win the Grand Final
rubber ducki
TODAY
Worst semi
Barstool Pre
TODAY
2025 TRANSFER AND RETENTION RUMOURS
Tony Fax
TODAY
Sam Burgess
rubber ducki
TODAY
Hull KR Survive Warrington Fightback To Secure Grand Final Spot
RLFANS News
TODAY
Squad 2025
Nat (Rugby_A
TODAY
Tonights match v HKR
Wires71
TODAY
Isa 1 year extension
Trainman
TODAY
2024 IMG gradings
Deadcowboys1
TODAY
Championship Awards
FIL
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
York Valkyrie Win Back to Back..
Hunslet Book Relegation Play O..
Penrith Panthers Secure Fourth..
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Gran..
Hull KR Survive Warrington Fig..
Warrington Wolves Break Saints..
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off P..
Catalans Dragons Finish Sevent..
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.64M 2,470 ↓-13280,13314,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 Sat 12th Oct
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R30
18:00
Hull KR
v
Wigan
 Sun 13th Oct
       Championship 2024-R30
15:00
Swinton
v
Hunslet
15:00
Wakefield
v
York
17:00
Toulouse
v
Bradford
 Sun 27th Oct
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Sat 12th Oct
SL
18:00
Hull KR-Wigan
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sun 6th Oct
L1 26 Keighley6-20Hunslet
CH 29 Bradford25-12Featherstone
WSL2024 16 York V18-8St.HelensW
NRL 31 Melbourne6-14Penrith
Sat 5th Oct
CH 29 York27-10Widnes
SL 29 Wigan38-0Leigh
Fri 4th Oct
SL 29 Hull KR10-8Warrington
Sun 29th Sep
L1 25 Rochdale26-46Hunslet
CH 28 Barrow24-26Widnes
CH 28 Bradford50-0Swinton
CH 28 Dewsbury28-8Sheffield
CH 28 Wakefield72-6Doncaster
CH 28 Whitehaven23-20Halifax
CH 28 York16-6Featherstone
Sat 28th Sep
CH 28 Toulouse64-16Batley
SL 28 Warrington23-22St.Helens
NRL 30 Penrith26-6Cronulla
Fri 27th Sep
SL 28 Salford6-14Leigh
NRL 30 Melbourne48-18Sydney
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 28 759 336 423 46
Hull KR 28 729 335 394 44
Warrington 29 769 351 418 42
Leigh 29 580 442 138 33
Salford 28 556 561 -5 32
St.Helens 28 618 411 207 30

Catalans 27 475 427 48 30
Leeds 27 530 488 42 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
Hull FC 27 328 894 -566 6
LondonB 27 317 916 -599 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 26 1010 262 748 50
Bradford 27 703 399 304 36
Toulouse 25 744 368 376 35
York 28 682 479 203 32
Widnes 27 561 502 59 29
Featherstone 27 634 525 109 28

Sheffield 26 626 526 100 28
Doncaster 26 498 619 -121 25
Halifax 26 509 650 -141 22
Batley 26 422 591 -169 22