FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Salford Red Devils > Cup game in Manchester.
81 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed
RankPostsTeam
International Star2666No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201312 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2017Nov 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Salford Red Devils RLFC. [quote="Gotcha":y7izhg01]Salford won't win Super League in my lifetime. Even saying in jest they would sounds stupid.[/quote:y7izhg01]:

Quote: MarioRugby "You see, I know its aimed at geting fans which they have to be praised for. The reality is though the best way to get fans until we have a winning team is to promote in Salford itself. At the minute, we're failing to advertise well and properly near our own stadium.

Also, the idea that we have to go to the East Manchester to play as no one there knows we even exist is extremely laughable and short-sighted. It was only 6 MONTHS ago that the whole competition played there for Magic Weekend. The Magic weekend also had more publicity around the city from the RFL than we could ever achieve as a club. And, with this in mind, our attendances hardly picked up after Magic and that should be a precursor for why this will be a failure sadly.'"

I agree there is more that could be done with regards to advertisement within Salford, but this is being addressed at the moment and some very positive plans are being put in place.

Ok, so the whole competition played there for the Magic Weekend but how did that help increase the popularity of Salford Red Devils? Just because we played a game there, it doesn't necessarily mean East Manchester now know we exist. I am genuinely shocked you think the RFL did a better job at advertising the weekend than Salford could do as a club. What advertising was done in and around East Manchester? How many schools etc were visited?

You simply cannot compare, the Magic Weekend was only marketed in and around RL circles as a yardstick for any future Salford game taken on the road. Plus it isn't an ideal format to attract new supporters to is it? If you've never watched a sport before, you don't want to be paying for a ticket for 3/4 games of said sport!

In and amongst all this, lets not forget the fantastic work the club are currently doing IN Salford. I know players have spent the last week attending local amateur clubs presentation evenings, as well as selling poppies and opening the ice rink at MediaCity;UK. When you have a city next door with a population almost double that of Salford, it would be daft not to explore and market.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member4159No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2019Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1602.jpg
Sad preacher nailed upon the coloured door of time; Insane teacher be there reminded of the rhyme. There'll be no mutant enemy we shall certify; Political ends, as sad remains, will die.:1602.jpg

In favour
but only if marketed correctly and that will be difficult as the lead in time for cup games is minimal.

RankPostsTeam
International Star508No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2018Jul 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
72726_1403012956.gif
Not associated with any professional rugby club or news publication.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_72726.gif

Quote: John Gilbert Reds "I agree there is more that could be done with regards to advertisement within Salford, but this is being addressed at the moment and some very positive plans are being put in place.

Ok, so the whole competition played there for the Magic Weekend but how did that help increase the popularity of Salford Red Devils? Just because we played a game there, it doesn't necessarily mean East Manchester now know we exist. I am genuinely shocked you think the RFL did a better job at advertising the weekend than Salford could do as a club. What advertising was done in and around East Manchester? How many schools etc were visited?

You simply cannot compare, the Magic Weekend was only marketed in and around RL circles as a yardstick for any future Salford game taken on the road. Plus it isn't an ideal format to attract new supporters to is it? If you've never watched a sport before, you don't want to be paying for a ticket for 3/4 games of said sport!

In and amongst all this, lets not forget the fantastic work the club are currently doing IN Salford. I know players have spent the last week attending local amateur clubs presentation evenings, as well as selling poppies and opening the ice rink at MediaCity;UK. When you have a city next door with a population almost double that of Salford, it would be daft not to explore and market.'"

Fair enough then, lets just all pack up our bags and move to Manchester tomorrow where we're guaranteed 20,000 attendances at every match d040.gif

In all seriousness though, if we did play a one-off game at the Etihad training ground, what would be judged to be a success? If some of the fans who are advocating this really want to see if it will work it would be better if the regulars stayed away and we could judge how many 'new' fans turned up.

At the end of the day, I understand that a large proportion of our supporters try to prove "top redness" by agreeing with everything the regime does since Koukash got on twitter, but agreeing with this when none of you had previously advocated it or anything similar makes some of you look like sheep.

RankPostsTeam
International Star585No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2015Nov 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Talent Spotter "With last years top 8 entering the cup a round later this year, our most attractive tie would be against a bottom 4 SL side, with us more likely to be drawn against a championship opponent.

The Red Devils vs Dewsbury at the Ethiad Campus. Can't see this one packing them in.'"

I don't think it's about who we play it's more of inviting people to watch the game to start with, people from Gorton Droylsden won't have a clue if dewsbury are good or not? We MUST try this its better than sitting still hoping, if crowds don't rise were finished.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2666No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201312 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2017Nov 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Salford Red Devils RLFC. [quote="Gotcha":y7izhg01]Salford won't win Super League in my lifetime. Even saying in jest they would sounds stupid.[/quote:y7izhg01]:

Quote: MarioRugby "Fair enough then, lets just all pack up our bags and move to Manchester tomorrow where we're guaranteed 20,000 attendances at every match
You’re just talking sh*t now.

Who said we’re guaranteed 20,000 attendances at every game and what logic is there in regulars staying away? If it was a normal away game you would go, so why not travel 10 miles across Manchester in a bid to market the club to a new audience. It will be easy to enough to judge how many new fans turn up, as we have a reasonable yardstick from the attendance last season v Widnes at home in the Challenge Cup which was 2,600 (with around 800 Widnes fans – I am sure club will know exact figure).

If we were to play a one-off game at the Etihad, a success (opposition dependent) would be any increase in attendance from above game as well as attracting any people into the ground that haven’t previously watched a RL game.

I’ll keep supporting the clubs positive marketing ideas, you keep concerning yourself with obtaining “top red” status.

RankPostsTeam
International Star508No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2018Jul 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
72726_1403012956.gif
Not associated with any professional rugby club or news publication.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_72726.gif

If I'm right then, in fairly recent times, the biggest crowd we've had as a club was the last day at the Willows where we got 10,000 in. With this in mind why do Koukash and Vickers feel the need to take the club as far away from our ancestral home as possible? He's said himself it's a community game unlike football. Most of us could walk to the ground when we were at the Willows. Why is the club emphasis now on getting us as far away from Weaste as possible?

RankPostsTeam
International Star585No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2015Nov 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: John Gilbert Reds "You’re just talking sh*t now.

Who said we’re guaranteed 20,000 attendances at every game and what logic is there in regulars staying away? If it was a normal away game you would go, so why not travel 10 miles across Manchester in a bid to market the club to a new audience. It will be easy to enough to judge how many new fans turn up, as we have a reasonable yardstick from the attendance last season v Widnes at home in the Challenge Cup which was 2,600 (with around 800 Widnes fans – I am sure club will know exact figure).

If we were to play a one-off game at the Etihad, a success (opposition dependent) would be any increase in attendance from above game as well as attracting any people into the ground that haven’t previously watched a RL game.

I’ll keep supporting the clubs positive marketing ideas, you keep concerning yourself with obtaining “top red” status.'"

Yep too many fans letting their Salford faithful status get in the way of logic.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1114No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2015Aug 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Salary cap - you're havin a laugh.:

Quote: Mike87 "I don't think it's about who we play it's more of inviting people to watch the game to start with, people from Gorton Droylsden won't have a clue if dewsbury are good or not? We MUST try this its better than sitting still hoping, if crowds don't rise were finished.'"

If crowds don't rise we're finished? I agree, but lets not pretend moving a cup game to another stadium will have them flocking in. Widnes (who are widely regarded as the model super league 'franchise') made the play offs last year as well as a cup semi final, yet only averaged 800 fans per game more than Salford. If Salford made 8th plus a cup semi next season we would more than likely make up this difference. Sadly any quest for attendances to instantly double is unlikely to happen. Just look at Huddersfield's crowds. Perhaps they should move a game to Leeds?

The magic weekend comparison is interesting. Perhaps the club have already missed their best chance of attracting a M/CR audience by failing to advertise to M/CR locals the chance to watch their 'local' side in a premiership football stadium. I'm sure this would have been a more attractive proposition than what is currently being proposed.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1114No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2015Aug 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Salary cap - you're havin a laugh.:

Quote: John Gilbert Reds " you keep concerning yourself with obtaining “top red” status.'"

You keep stalking him in the VIP section every week, then report back to the forum to let everyone know you were 'chatting to Koukash' at the weekend.
just like you all were for that waste of space Wilkinson, Koucash has built the best team since Snape he's getting out there in the community spreading the word and now because he's trying something new to attract new fans people moan. Stop with all this Salford or nothing crap?

RankPostsTeam
International Star585No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2015Nov 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: BartonFlyer "If there were to be a cup game at another venue somewhere in Manchester, then that would be the time to attempt to generate a big crowd with heavily discounted tickets.
Doing that away from our normal home base has the possibility of attracting new fans and given a good performance hopefully getting those new fans to want to see more.
It's certainly a tad depressing to read that Salford fans want such a venture to fail - isn't it blindingly obvious that if the crowds don't increase to sustainable levels over the next season (or hopefully 2 seasons) then we won't have a club to watch at all?'"

Exactly how people without tunnel vision see it.

RankPostsTeam
International Star508No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2018Jul 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
72726_1403012956.gif

I agree with Talent Spotter. I feel like too many fans are simply agreeing with this for the sake of it. None of you suggested this before it was announced so how come some of you are so in favour of it now?

Ever since the idea of the fans panel was selected, too many people have been using this forum and twitter to prove themselves to the new regime.

At the end of the day, from my experience on here (other account) I tend to find that not all of the people who claim to go to games actually do so. It might be a nice one-off experiemnt for the club but as a fan if you really want the club moved to Manchester permanently I have to question if you even support the club sadly.

RankPostsTeam
International Star585No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2015Nov 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: MarioRugby "I agree with Talent Spotter. I feel like too many fans are simply agreeing with this for the sake of it. None of you suggested this before it was announced so how come some of you are so in favour of it now?

Ever since the idea of the fans panel was selected, too many people have been using this forum and twitter to prove themselves to the new regime.

At the end of the day, from my experience on here (other account) I tend to find that not all of the people who claim to go to games actually do so. It might be a nice one-off experiemnt for the club but as a fan if you really want the club moved to Manchester permanently I have to question if you even support the club sadly.'"

You show me anyone who has said they'd really want to??? We're saying it's a good idea to attract new fans, and if it were a choice between a club or no club then I'd take moving away, then the rest of all you supposed faithful can go make a break away (Fc United type club) and go watch them on rabbit hills.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2666No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201312 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2017Nov 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: Talent Spotter "You keep stalking him in the VIP section every week, then report back to the forum to let everyone know you were 'chatting to Koukash' at the weekend. 5.923828125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Shareholders Meeting
Scarlet Pimp
Recent
Bulls Accounts up to Nov 2023
Blotto
Recent
Round 26 Wigan Away
Once were Lo