OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13977_1335458918.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_13977.jpg

Quote: lancetodd "when this lot go.'"

And this from a `man` always keen to shake the Chairmans hand after crossing the pitch. Talk about `two faces`. Tell you what lance - whichever side you take I will take the opposite.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach961No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2021Jul 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: lancetodd "Don't involve me in your spat,Grufy's post is to good for me,and you for that matter. I can asure you you he is no
relation,but he has some good points don't you agree,I can also say it does not irk me that some people are helping
out,thats good.I think we will get more people helping,when this lot go.'"

Point out any of his good points please!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach574No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2014Feb 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Early Bath,I talk to anybody who talks to me,If somebody offers there hand I shake it,that's what we did in the part
of Salford I came from,also if we had anything to say,we said it to the face,what I have always done
with Mr wilkinson. And I could not care less what side your on.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2990No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13977_1335458918.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_13977.jpg

Quote: lancetodd " And I could not care less what side your on.'"

Well I am 100% with the Chairman.I am a loyal man. Clearly you are not.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5507No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2017Nov 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
16551_1431692096.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_16551.jpg

Quote: Gruffy "1) How many members is it? Whist you do not have to make this public, if Forever Reds speaks for the majority of the 4,000 average gate, where is the need to hide the number? If I am a minority then tell me.

2) As to the two people providing lodgings, if they receive a payment from the club for this, then I would say that this is not independent of the club as they are on the payroll. If this is the case then to be an independent organisation they should not be in any way on the Forever Reds Committee, and I would hope that they are not.

As to the role of the Forever Reds it has done as I have said previously a lot of good work. But its whole existence shows the state and problems of Salford City Reds. A well run club should not need to ask its supporters to pay for all the things Forever Reds has paid for. Forever Reds was set up a number of years ago to provide short term help for the club after relegation and its still here providing help, and the people getting the help are the ones who have ruined this club. Mr Wilkinson et al know they don't have to find money for example for the academy as Forever Reds will provide because they want the best for the club.'"

Quite simply the trust should put out an official statement stating their position and whether they will be raising funds to sit alongside new investors and owners or raising funds to support the current incumbants. People will decide to either support it or not once clarity has been given. Whilst doubt remains then the likelihood of success is unlikely.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman587
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024Dec 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

[color=#FF0000:1h9kz7p7]Always read the small print...[/color:1h9kz7p7]:

Quote: middleman "I think Iain means FSA Mutuals register rlforever redsrl'"

Ah, that might be why I couldn't find it in TARDIS (yes, we have a system called TARDIS lol)

I still have to declare it though, especially as I'll probably rejoin now.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach574No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2014Feb 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Early Bath "Well I am 100% with the Chairman.I am a loyal man. Clearly you are not.'"

Clearly a Fool.or an employee.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach574No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2014Feb 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Theboyem "Quite simply the trust should put out an official statement stating their position and whether they will be raising funds to sit alongside new investors and owners or raising funds to support the current incumbants. People will decide to either support it or not once clarity has been given. Whilst doubt remains then the likelihood of success is unlikely.'"

Do you think you will get your wish,we should all be praying for new owners.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach83No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2012Dec 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45914.gif
I call them when they deserve it, I praise them when they deserve it. I support the club not individuals. No one is bigger than Salford:45914.gif

I've still not got a reply as to the numbers in Forever Reds! Or clarification if the people who put players up receive payment or are on the board.

Looking at the forum its always the same four or five people who post. This shows were the club is going.

Out of interest why is Forever Reds a limited company and not a charity?

Theboyem is quite correct Forever Reds should make a statement are they for this regime or against it. Why should supporters raise money to give to the people who have mismanaged the club. We are not all in the same position as the gent who stood at the meeting pledging £1000. Its a pity he didn't have the other £599,999 to go with it.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator7498
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2017Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1055_1445006780.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_1055.gif

Quote: Gruffy "Out of interest why is Forever Reds a limited company and not a charity?'"

All supporters trusts formed via Supporters Direct are IPSs - a type of limited company - rather than charities.

Quote: Gruffy "Theboyem is quite correct Forever Reds should make a statement are they for this regime or against it.'"

I imagine the trust is [ifor[/i saving the current incarnation of the Salford RLFC, rather than supporting regimes. I couldn't say for certain because I'm only a member.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach961No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2021Jul 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Gruffy "I've still not got a reply as to the numbers in Forever Reds! Or clarification if the people who put players up receive payment or are on the board.

Looking at the forum its always the same four or five people who post. This shows were the club is going.

Out of interest why is Forever Reds a limited company and not a charity?

Theboyem is quite correct Forever Reds should make a statement are they for this regime or against it. Why should supporters raise money to give to the people who have mismanaged the club. We are not all in the same position as the gent who stood at the meeting pledging £1000. Its a pity he didn't have the other £599,999 to go with it.'"

I am a Forever Reds member and I don't know just how many members there are currently but if we only have fifty members who wish to assist the club in any way that they can this is better than having none. and if you or anyone else wish to become involved come along,join up and then put yourself forward to be elected on to the board its that simple.

With regards people who provide accommodation/lodging to players receiving any payment for doing so, are you suggesting that there should be no payment?Personally I feel that its a matter between the people/player/club and nothing to do with anyone else.

We have many non members attending FR meetings, possibly you have over the years, some like them,some return some don't, but one thing I know about the regular attenders is that they are as upset as yourself about what has happened but they have adopted a different approach to help the club at this time.

Which four or five people posting are you referring to? or are you referring to the ones that get their information second or third hand over a pint?

Several people offered £1000 last Monday and another £599999 would have meant that we had raised £999 more than we needed. How do you know that the gent in question could really afford £1000?Or does it not sit right with yourself that someone would take the trouble to attend the meeting and think that we would like to offer £1000 to the club?

GT
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner11532
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jan 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6248_1358341317.jpg
[b:2akkj491]Jeb End Reds[/b:2akkj491] [color=#FF0000:2akkj491][b:2akkj491][url=hhtp://www/foreverreds.co.uk/:2akkj491]SUPPORT FOREVER REDS - THE SALFORD CITY REDS SUPPORTERS' TRUST[/url:2akkj491][/b:2akkj491][/color:2akkj491] [b:2akkj491][color=red:2akkj491]MUFC[/color:2akkj491] ~ FCUM ~ [color=red:2akkj491]SRLFC[/color:2akkj491] ~ LCCC[/b:2akkj491] [url=http://undergreylancastrianskies.blogspot.com/:2akkj491]My Blog[/url:2akkj491] ~ [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/8580799@N06/:2akkj491]My Flickr[/url:2akkj491]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6248.jpg

Gruffy, these links should explain what an IPS is. Basically, they're cooperatives or community benefit societies.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Industri ... nt_society

www.fsa.gov.uk/doing/small_firms/msr/societies
Gruffy, these links should explain what an IPS is. Basically, they're cooperatives or community benefit societies.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Industri ... nt_society

www.fsa.gov.uk/doing/small_firms/msr/societies

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach340No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15113.gif
:15113.gif

I like the idea of supporters trusts but have never gotten round to joining forever reds. I've been to plenty of meetings though, know a lot of people who go, and pay a lot of attention to these forums. If I was a betting man I'd be putting lots on Gruffy being the son of another regular vindictive moaner on this site (itwill be denied by them... again)

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7676
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Feb 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
28343_1268949591.gif
" Time is but a flowing stream". Pedro. Higherfold Cockey Pond. 1973. You can shout for silence, but boots worn all day will always hum.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_28343.gif

Tell you what folks you need all the fans you can get and to stick together. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but ganging up and playground mentality is not going to get you anywhere.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator7760No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2018Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15_1451944442.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_15.gif

Quote: TV BOY "Tell you what folks you need all the fans you can get and to stick together'"

Couldn't agree more. I apologise for not being around to respond for a few days, so I'm going to attempt to answer a few questions then lock this thread because I'm sick of reading bitching when we need fans to put personal differences to one side for the good of having a club to watch.

How Many Members in Forever Reds:
I'm not membership secretary so don't have exact numbers, but it's about 90-100. It's not good really, and pretty embarrassing that Swinton have more members in their Trust than ours despite having gates of less than a fifth of ours. We (FR) have to admit we've not been efficient at notifying of renewals in the past and plenty of people have lapsed whilst still being supportive of the Trust (I think we peaked at around 350 members near official formation)

You can join here - foreverreds.co.uk/membership

Forever Reds is a Clique/Old Boys Group:
It really isn't. There's people that I only know through Forever Reds and only see at meetings, and other than that I know nothing about them. Sure, people who have been in the same group for years will get pally, but there's plenty of differences of opinion in the Trust. The Trust is constantly trying to recruit new members (not really the actions of a clique). The Trust has a 9 person board, half of which has to be re-elected every year, with any member being eligible to stand for election (subject to some legal limitations). All members are notified of this every year. In the last 6 years, nobody has come forward for election, despite, in most of those years being pretty much guaranteed a place as there were unfilled places on the board. The current Trust board are the only people who've put their hand up and offered to do it. The board is made up of 9 people and decisions are made democratically. As Company Secretary, I (backed by advice from Supporters Direct) have to make sure that due process is followed.

Why isn't Forever Reds a Charity?
There are now over 180 supporters trusts helped into existence by Supporters Direct. All adopt the Industrial & Provident Society Model - essentially a not-for-profit mutual society, owned by the members. By and large, unless a supporters trust is exclusively funding amateur sports they cannot be a charity, that is laid out in Charities legislation (www.charity-commission.gov.uk/Pu ... /cc21.aspx)

And finally, I personally don't know whether members of the trust board who provide lodgings to Theo are recompensed by the club and it's none of my business. My business is making sure that all board members follow the Trusts rules.
Quote: TV BOY "Tell you what folks you need all the fans you can get and to stick together'"

Couldn't agree more. I apologise for not being around to respond for a few days, so I'm going to attempt to answer a few questions then lock this thread because I'm sick of reading bitching when we need fans to put personal differences to one side for the good of having a club to watch.

How Many Members in Forever Reds:
I'm not membership secretary so don't have exact numbers, but it's about 90-100. It's not good really, and pretty embarrassing that Swinton have more members in their Trust than ours despite having gates of less than a fifth of ours. We (FR) have to admit we've not been efficient at notifying of renewals in the past and plenty of people have lapsed whilst still being supportive of the Trust (I think we peaked at around 350 members near official formation)

You can join here - foreverreds.co.uk/membership

Forever Reds is a Clique/Old Boys Group:
It really isn't. There's people that I only know through Forever Reds and only see at meetings, and other than that I know nothing about them. Sure, people who have been in the same group for years will get pally, but there's plenty of differences of opinion in the Trust. The Trust is constantly trying to recruit new members (not really the actions of a clique). The Trust has a 9 person board, half of which has to be re-elected every year, with any member being eligible to stand for election (subject to some legal limitations). All members are notified of this every year. In the last 6 years, nobody has come forward for election, despite, in most of those years being pretty much guaranteed a place as there were unfilled places on the board. The current Trust board are the only people who've put their hand up and offered to do it. The board is made up of 9 people and decisions are made democratically. As Company Secretary, I (backed by advice from Supporters Direct) have to make sure that due process is followed.

Why isn't Forever Reds a Charity?
There are now over 180 supporters trusts helped into existence by Supporters Direct. All adopt the Industrial & Provident Society Model - essentially a not-for-profit mutual society, owned by the members. By and large, unless a supporters trust is exclusively funding amateur sports they cannot be a charity, that is laid out in Charities legislation (www.charity-commission.gov.uk/Pu ... /cc21.aspx)

And finally, I personally don't know whether members of the trust board who provide lodgings to Theo are recompensed by the club and it's none of my business. My business is making sure that all board members follow the Trusts rules.

35 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed
35 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.0751953125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Play-offs
Deeeekos
1m
Play offs
newcat
1m