FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Salford Red Devils > 3 Year Deal for Ratchford...
31 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner3356
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons1949_files/4193-180guyguyme2003-msnicons.gif
The fans, the members, the people there.. from the day I stepped foot onto that field at the AJ Bell Stadium,I knew I would love that club for the rest of my life. "Jackson Hastings".. Worry a little bit every day and in a lifetime you will lose a couple of years. If something is wrong, fix it if you can. But train yourself not to worry. Worry never fixes anything. Mary Hemmingway, US journalist,widow of Ernest Hemmingway (1908-1986) The Stupid Neither Forgive Nor Forget The Naive Forgive And Forget The Wise Forgive But Don't Forget "I am not young enough to know everything" Oscar Wilde Irish Playwright (1854-1900) One likes people much better when they're battered down by a prodigious siege of misfortune than when they triumph. virginia woolf (1882-1941):icons1949_files/4193-180guyguyme2003-msnicons.gif

Quote: Ordsall Quays Red "He is a much much better player IMO than Myler and Myler is/was on the verge of England honours as far as I know.'"

What he said a014.gif eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif

I just wrote war and peace on Stef for it to dissapear can't b assed writing it again just ask KOTS my opinion he knows them best . icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5313No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2012May 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Others/NA.JPG
[size=100:inve33bl][quote="Dave Lister":inve33bl]I reckon Salford's fans are the friendliest i've come across and haven't got a bad word to say about them[/quote:inve33bl][/size:inve33bl] :CLAP: Love him or hate him, 163 consecutive appearances should make Stuart Littler a Salford legend in anyone's book :CLAP::Others/NA.JPG

Quote: Rooted Red "If Wigan had any sense Sam Tomkins would be playing 6.'"

FB hasn't worked out too badly for them?! (or him)

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach574No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2014Feb 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

We want him to stay,Mr Simms says he is part of are future,but Ratchford wants to be a stand off,
not a centre,I personally think he is the best stand off,at the club,so if he does want to play stand off,
and Wigan or Warrington,do come for him,and that's where they want him to play,he will go,wouldn't you.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach10390No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11969.jpg
Me and are kid (TheButcher) putting the world two rights. ERIC SHAW PREDICTION LEAGUE & PLAY OFFS WINNER 2013 Don't like it? Well Frack off then. Energy & progress for all. Foe is our friend. mitie mouse, Lancetodd, Marshy1, eccles star, Dantes Inferno, Philyourboots, biggunbrad, DAVE@CAS1990, RED LEAGUE, OzWelsh, Red-Devils-PAW, newgroundb4wakey All blocked - Go ahead punk make my day.:11969.jpg

Think more than anyone at the club Steff is the future, think also he is the best talent we have had for countless years nad makes Myler look like a rank outsider. Think Steff is a different character to Myler too and should he decide to go think he wouldn't switch off before the end of the year and go with dignity like Hodgy did a few years ago.

Like someone else has said I fear this is a case of the club putting the massive contract offer out to pre empt the back lash from us all when he goes.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1055No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2012Mar 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
33469.jpg
IF WIDNES DESERVE A PLACE IN SUPER LEAGUE.......THEN THE POPE IS JEWISH!:33469.jpg

DogPie are you one of our assistant coaches by any chance??

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach759No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2013Nov 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

At the present time Holdsworth is the best stand off we have. The best teams have quality leaders at 6 and 7 who control the structure and direction of the play either side of the ball.

Ratchford needs to develop as a leader because he does not appear to be a natural leader in the mould of Tomkins at Wigan. He's been playing his best rugby in the centres where is ability to create opportunities his complementing Broughton's finishing speed well. He's worth retaining but not at any cost.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach655No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2019Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Todd Snape Wilkinson Koukash The Faithful!:

Radio Manchester played an interview with Ratchford a couple of weeks ago and asked him about the contract situation. His response was that `he loved it here' and was hoping `something could be sorted out shortly' (i.e. now!)

If you cast your minds back to when Myler was around he would often respond to the contract renewal question by stating that he `would let his agent sort out his future' and we all know how that turned out!

I personally think he'll sign......... icon_razz.gifRAY:

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member3987No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2016Jul 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Humans, male/MALE2.JPG
*** Missed one of Salford Red Devils Independent fan podcast DEVIL IN THE DETAIL use the link below and catch up, or our facebook page to get all upto date gossip facebook Devil in The Detail SRD [url]https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=270334099791871[url] catch up here [url]https://www.soundcloud.com/devil-in-the-detail-srd[/url] ***Salford City Reds #1 Prophet Of Fulfilment***:Humans, male/MALE2.JPG

Quote: The King Of Birchwood "[[sizeb]Sam Tomkins], [/sizeGoulding, Mcllorum, Hansen, Joel Tomkins, [sizeO'Loughlin,[/size Prescott, O'Carroll, Mossop, Farrell, Tuson, Marsh and Charnley all seemed to have learnt a trade at Wigan.'"

IMO the most important positions on the field are fB,SO,SH,H,LF out of that list of players ive highlighted the ones to my knowledge play regular in them positions (even though i dont rate o'loughlin as a ball playing looseforward he is a hatchit man runs around knocking peoples heads off imo) the rest are just good runners and good blockers, can you see wigan reaily trusting rachford to become a main pivot in their team when he isnt even one in ours? they havnt even got a coach like us next season who is to say rachfords face will fit their recruitment specifications

He is a talent this isnt in question but the following statment sums it up for me

Quote: The King Of Birchwood "At the present time Holdsworth is the best stand off we have. The best teams have quality leaders at 6 and 7 who control the structure and direction of the play either side of the ball.

Ratchford needs to develop as a leader because he does not appear to be a natural leader in the mould of Tomkins at Wigan. He's been playing his best rugby in the centres where is ability to create opportunities his complementing Broughton's finishing speed well. He's worth retaining.'"

i agree with all of the above our little pattern, holsworth, smith, godwin diamond is working a treat at the momement and Rachford being further out with the quality service and with his natural instinct to keep the ball alive with individual brilliance feeding Broughton who has pace to burn gives us a sharp attacking threat Which to me we havnt had since Maloney / Pinkney ran in 20 odd tries one season.

With the right coaching and sufficiant weight gain he could be an England Centre for sure in the next 3 years, great hands, great feet, good rugby brain, good defence would certainly give us somthing different from your bog standard 6'3 powerfull, straightline runner centre we have been use to over the years for gb and england
BUT he needs time to develop and at wigan i feel he wont get it, they will want him to be a world class centre / standoff now and if he doesnt perform they will buy a ozzie international that will.

Lets be talk about Coley for a second, yes he has won stuff, yes he is playing in a good team but he certainly for me isnt the player i saw in a salford shirt, he isnt using his freaky quick pace for such a big man, i ant seeing him run over people outwide being used as a extra centre when he was in the mood, wigan have just turned him into a prop who takes the ball up and tackles for 60 minutes

Not the andy coley we though he could have been if he hadnt have had his head turned, its a under use of his ability imo but at wigan i surpose coley doesnt need to turn it on as much because he is surrounded by talent who will carry him until he can be d to put a performance in.

I reaily do hope rachford gives the club a chance, he is still only young if he gets even better he could leave and try his best against the best in the world in oz in 3 years time with my best wishes

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach819No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2017May 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: The optimist "
Quote: The optimist "[[sizeb]Sam Tomkins], [/sizeGoulding, Mcllorum, Hansen, Joel Tomkins, [sizeO'Loughlin,[/size Prescott, O'Carroll, Mossop, Farrell, Tuson, Marsh and Charnley all seemed to have learnt a trade at Wigan.'"

IMO the most important positions on the field are fB,SO,SH,H,LF out of that list of players ive highlighted the ones to my knowledge play regular in them positions (even though i dont rate o'loughlin as a ball playing looseforward he is a hatchit man runs around knocking peoples heads off imo) the rest are just good runners and good blockers, can you see wigan reaily trusting rachford to become a main pivot in their team when he isnt even one in ours? they havnt even got a coach like us next season who is to say rachfords face will fit their recruitment specifications

He is a talent this isnt in question but the following statment sums it up for me

Quote: The optimist "At the present time Holdsworth is the best stand off we have. The best teams have quality leaders at 6 and 7 who control the structure and direction of the play either side of the ball.

Ratchford needs to develop as a leader because he does not appear to be a natural leader in the mould of Tomkins at Wigan. He's been playing his best rugby in the centres where is ability to create opportunities his complementing Broughton's finishing speed well. He's worth retaining.'"

i agree with all of the above our little pattern, holsworth, smith, godwin diamond is working a treat at the momement and Rachford being further out with the quality service and with his natural instinct to keep the ball alive with individual brilliance feeding Broughton who has pace to burn gives us a sharp attacking threat Which to me we havnt had since Maloney / Pinkney ran in 20 odd tries one season.

With the right coaching and sufficiant weight gain he could be an England Centre for sure in the next 3 years, great hands, great feet, good rugby brain, good defence would certainly give us somthing different from your bog standard 6'3 powerfull, straightline runner centre we have been use to over the years for gb and england
BUT he needs time to develop and at wigan i feel he wont get it, they will want him to be a world class centre / standoff now and if he doesnt perform they will buy a ozzie international that will.

Lets be talk about Coley for a second, yes he has won stuff, yes he is playing in a good team but he certainly for me isnt the player i saw in a salford shirt, he isnt using his freaky quick pace for such a big man, i ant seeing him run over people outwide being used as a extra centre when he was in the mood, wigan have just turned him into a prop who takes the ball up and tackles for 60 minutes

Not the andy coley we though he could have been if he hadnt have had his head turned, its a under use of his ability imo but at wigan i surpose coley doesnt need to turn it on as much because he is surrounded by talent who will carry him until he can be d to put a performance in.

I reaily do hope rachford gives the club a chance, he is still only young if he gets even better he could leave and try his best against the best in the world in oz in 3 years time with my best wishes'"

Excellent post.

Coley's situation is similar to that of Morley in Australia, the Roosters used Morley's power to good effect, but forgot that he was talented runner out wide.

I disagree slightly with the good runners and good blockers at Wigan comment, Liam Farrell has far more about his game. Possibly not big enough to play second row at international level, but GB need this guy to be groomed as the next 13. I wouldn't class Liam Farrell as a big 6 like Andy F or Scully were, but he reads the game really well and can make an excellent pass or offload. There seems to have been a recent switch from using the Loose Forward as an extra pivot to using the fullback - i.e. Slater, Patten, Tomkins and Lockyer (a little further back) - so with this in mind Liam Farrell could fit the mould of what a modern Loose Forward should be. Not quite a big 6, but more than just an extra second row.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member3882No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2015Mar 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1813_1319535756.jpg
Lancashire CCC = 2011 LV County Champions:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_1813.jpg

I don't think Andy Coley will mind being made into "just a prop" seeing as he's been in play-offs, cup sembos and is a grand final winner icon_rolleyes.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member3987No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2016Jul 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Humans, male/MALE2.JPG
*** Missed one of Salford Red Devils Independent fan podcast DEVIL IN THE DETAIL use the link below and catch up, or our facebook page to get all upto date gossip facebook Devil in The Detail SRD [url]https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=270334099791871[url] catch up here [url]https://www.soundcloud.com/devil-in-the-detail-srd[/url] ***Salford City Reds #1 Prophet Of Fulfilment***:Humans, male/MALE2.JPG

Like I said before he went to Wigan to win stuff immediately, rather than get his head right and become an even better player and develop with us.

Has he played for England / gb since his switch to Wigan? I'm guessing no so his personal performances have suffered since he was selected to tour oz while technically wearing the red shirt of salford

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member3882No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2015Mar 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1813_1319535756.jpg
Lancashire CCC = 2011 LV County Champions:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_1813.jpg

Quote: The optimist "Like I said before he went to Wigan to win stuff immediately, rather than get his head right and become an even better player and develop with us.

Has he played for England / gb since his switch to Wigan? I'm guessing no so his personal performances have suffered since he was selected to tour oz while technically wearing the red shirt of salford'"

Come on Bobby that is absolute tripe and you know it, surely??
Andy Coley was a better player at Salford than he is now at Wigan??
If his performances for Wigan had suffered he wouldn't be a regular member of their team, Wigan just wouldn't put up with it, they'd have got shut of him.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator7498
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2017Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1055_1445006780.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_1055.gif

Quote: EX.SALF.UNI "Someone huh? He sounds class!'"

Eddie Hemmings suggests Sonny Boy Williamson. Heard he's good.

GT
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner11532
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jan 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6248_1358341317.jpg
[b:2akkj491]Jeb End Reds[/b:2akkj491] [color=#FF0000:2akkj491][b:2akkj491][url=hhtp://www/foreverreds.co.uk/:2akkj491]SUPPORT FOREVER REDS - THE SALFORD CITY REDS SUPPORTERS' TRUST[/url:2akkj491][/b:2akkj491][/color:2akkj491] [b:2akkj491][color=red:2akkj491]MUFC[/color:2akkj491] ~ FCUM ~ [color=red:2akkj491]SRLFC[/color:2akkj491] ~ LCCC[/b:2akkj491] [url=http://undergreylancastrianskies.blogspot.com/:2akkj491]My Blog[/url:2akkj491] ~ [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/8580799@N06/:2akkj491]My Flickr[/url:2akkj491]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6248.jpg

Quote: The optimist "and Wigan you don't learn a trade you win, don't win and your out.'"

You mean like all those years they won f**k all and built up a side for the future, which they are now reaping the benefits of?

And I think it's fair to say Coley's done alright for himself at Wigan... Ratchford may well think he can do the same, it's up to Salford to put together a good enough and persuasive enough offer to keep him here.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2488No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2014Aug 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17925.jpg
:17925.jpg

What about Hodgy and Robinson? They seem to have done ok since they left us. On your whacky theory that 'the only way is down' after leaving Salford do you not think that is because in recent years most of the players we have had are either over the hill, near retirement or just not good enough? So obviously the only way is down for them and shame on us for signing them. The few good young players we have that leave generally always do well, Myler, Coley, Robinson, Hodgson etc.

31 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
31 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.0078125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
2m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
3m