FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Salford Red Devils > Any news for any potential marquee players???
39 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach595No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2017Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
31874.jpg
:31874.jpg

Quote: John Gilbert Reds "This is the problem, how many lads before them have been allowed to progress through the amateur ranks to U18’s then become disinterested in the sport and give it up.

Isn’t there a talented centre at Folly who Wigan have signed up recently? Also a lad from Cadishead who Warrington have also either signed or shown interest in. Given the tiny numbers we have in Salford of kids playing RL, it really is scandalous that we allow this to happen.

'"

The lad who signed for warrington from cadishead, is george. I told the story in the alan hunte thread, i mentioned him to hunte who wasnt interetsed as soon as i mentioned cadishead.
I hoped it would change as soon when he was sacked, but nothing so far to suggest this.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner6292No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7891.jpg
Salford RLFC Folly ARLFC Good john wilky last looked out on the pitch at salford. when the snow lay round about deep and crisp and even brightly played the lads that night though the frost was cruelllll when poor swinton scored a try we had 94urrrrrrrrrr:7891.jpg

Quote: John Gilbert Reds "Isn’t there a talented centre at Folly who Wigan have signed up recently? '"

Yeah Jack Wells, he's actually a back rower. He got Wigan U19's player of the year and is very much on the verge of the first team from all accounts.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach711
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2022Jan 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10879_1306320340.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10879.jpg

Only Langworthy and Cadishead have teams at U16's and Cadishead and Bury at U18's from the local area. The amateur game from U16's is really a mess at the moment and has been for a few years. Locally a lot of teams have struggled but it is not all bad as each club has been really working hard below this age group with most local teams having teams at each age group down to U7's.

I know Salford are looking how to improve the local links with clubs and have run a few community club meetings which have been designed to look at how the club can better link with the local teams. In the summer on the back of this, saw an U12's festival and an U8's festival take place with just local teams. I also know from conversations that the club are really keen to get away from the previous way, where local lads have been overlooked and I know they have been visiting local clubs to look at lads at U16's and U15's teams with a view to inviting them to the scholarship. I know a few lads have been recently receiving letters with invites so things do seem to be changing.

The foundation have also been running the new Embed the Pathway program designed to coach any child, either currently playing in the area or not and open to other areas to come down and be involved. This is for school kids Y7-Y9 and has been well attended and very beneficial, with lots of local kids now on the pathway. They have also just completed the first Embed the Pathway coaching seminar where coaches from Cadishead, Folly, Langworthy and Salford were in attendance and each club will in due course become England Rugby League ETP accredited clubs which is a step over a lot of other amateur clubs in the game so in that regard the club are in fact ahead over other areas.

Staff involved at the club do seem to be aware of the stigma that the club has not had good local links for many years but seem keen to work to change this and want to work to better improve the standard and participation in the area. Time will tell of course but the noises coming out of there presently are encouraging.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner5594
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Aug 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6329_1327085433.jpg
...Diagnosing SBD (Sporting Bipolar Disorder) since 2003... Negs bringing down the tone of your forum? Keyboard Bell-endery tiresome? Embarrassed by some of your own fans? Then you need... TheButcher I must be STOPPED!! Vice Chairman of The Scarlet Turkey Clique Grand Wizard Shill of Nibiru Prime & Dark Globe Champion Chairman of 'The Neil Barker School for gifted Clowns' "A Local Forum. For Local People":d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6329.jpg

Quote: Ayres Rock "Only Langworthy and Cadishead have teams at U16's and Cadishead and Bury at U18's from the local area. The amateur game from U16's is really a mess at the moment and has been for a few years. Locally a lot of teams have struggled but it is not all bad as each club has been really working hard below this age group with most local teams having teams at each age group down to U7's.

I know Salford are looking how to improve the local links with clubs and have run a few community club meetings which have been designed to look at how the club can better link with the local teams. In the summer on the back of this, saw an U12's festival and an U8's festival take place with just local teams. I also know from conversations that the club are really keen to get away from the previous way, where local lads have been overlooked and I know they have been visiting local clubs to look at lads at U16's and U15's teams with a view to inviting them to the scholarship. I know a few lads have been recently receiving letters with invites so things do seem to be changing.

The foundation have also been running the new Embed the Pathway program designed to coach any child, either currently playing in the area or not and open to other areas to come down and be involved. This is for school kids Y7-Y9 and has been well attended and very beneficial, with lots of local kids now on the pathway. They have also just completed the first Embed the Pathway coaching seminar where coaches from Cadishead, Folly, Langworthy and Salford were in attendance and each club will in due course become England Rugby League ETP accredited clubs which is a step over a lot of other amateur clubs in the game so in that regard the club are in fact ahead over other areas.

Staff involved at the club do seem to be aware of the stigma that the club has not had good local links for many years but seem keen to work to change this and want to work to better improve the standard and participation in the area. Time will tell of course but the noises coming out of there presently are encouraging.'"

I think it's easy for us to point the finger continuously at the areas where the Club falls down. It's helpful in keeping issues fresh and in the minds of the Club as something that the fans would like addressing.

It's also nice to hear that those problems are being addressed at some level for the long term survival of the Club.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4314
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2018Sep 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32990_1435324474.jpg
First accept sadness. Realise that without losing 70% of the time, winning wouldn't be such a relief.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_32990.jpg

Let's be real local amateur clubs haven't exactly been a breeding ground for producing the best young talent over the years have they? OK there's been the odd player every few years but it's nothing compared to what other stronger rugby towns have produced.

Personally I can't fault the club for generally looking beyond just Salford for emerging young talent.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman3174
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2016Nov 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
986.jpg
"In his autumn before the winter comes man's last mad surge of youth." "What on earth are you talking about?":986.jpg

all of us can probably quote decades where recruitment haven't been logical .
At present the RFL assessed the academy structure as ' basket case ' sorry mis-prunt 'not category 1 status' meaning we won't even be included in the SL reserve/ U19's fixtures. so even if Sheens/Carvell / Gleeson manage to attract talent , they won't be matched against the right opposition to develop and would probably have to be loaned out to get any experience ,
Every other SL club can walk into our local teams and show the parents of these kids glowing reports of the wonderful academy structures.

Other SL clubs are building links with clubs all over the UK, rlSt Helens

we'll have to judge the current coaching staff on how they progress from now , but they should be tapping every resource & link possible for undiscovered talent uk & abroad :-
France
Italy
eastern seaboard USA
Russia
Serbia
Lebanon / Palestine

RankPostsTeam
International Star193No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2016Sep 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Sad as it sounds i'm desperate to hear news about who we are potentially gonna sign guys, so any genuine news would be great. Ta guys

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach10390No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11969.jpg
Me and are kid (TheButcher) putting the world two rights. ERIC SHAW PREDICTION LEAGUE & PLAY OFFS WINNER 2013 Don't like it? Well Frack off then. Energy & progress for all. Foe is our friend. mitie mouse, Lancetodd, Marshy1, eccles star, Dantes Inferno, Philyourboots, biggunbrad, DAVE@CAS1990, RED LEAGUE, OzWelsh, Red-Devils-PAW, newgroundb4wakey All blocked - Go ahead punk make my day.:11969.jpg

Well I did see Sam Burgess at the Marriott earlier today so you never know icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain53No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2015Oct 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

That's where England are staying I seen Owen Farrell there

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach10390No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11969.jpg
Me and are kid (TheButcher) putting the world two rights. ERIC SHAW PREDICTION LEAGUE & PLAY OFFS WINNER 2013 Don't like it? Well Frack off then. Energy & progress for all. Foe is our friend. mitie mouse, Lancetodd, Marshy1, eccles star, Dantes Inferno, Philyourboots, biggunbrad, DAVE@CAS1990, RED LEAGUE, OzWelsh, Red-Devils-PAW, newgroundb4wakey All blocked - Go ahead punk make my day.:11969.jpg

I know, was playing golf there and saw them all milling around.

RankPostsTeam
International Star193No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2016Sep 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Cheers for nothing

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach577No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2016Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
35044.jpg
"GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER":35044.jpg

My mates lad spent 6 years at Langworthy and he said he saw Alan Hunte twice in that time. He's now moved to Folly. And so far has been approached by 3 Wigan scouts and been invited to training at Saints. Nobody from Salford (so far) has,spoken to him. It looks to me as though the scouts need to get out more.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain53No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2015Oct 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I may apply for a scouting job at Salford haha seems no one else can be d doing it at the club

RankPostsTeam
International Star2666No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201312 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2017Nov 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Salford Red Devils RLFC. [quote="Gotcha":y7izhg01]Salford won't win Super League in my lifetime. Even saying in jest they would sounds stupid.[/quote:y7izhg01]:

Quote: Branny "My mates lad spent 6 years at Langworthy and he said he saw Alan Hunte twice in that time. He's now moved to Folly. And so far has been approached by 3 Wigan scouts and been invited to training at Saints. Nobody from Salford (so far) has,spoken to him. It looks to me as though the scouts need to get out more.'"

Do we even have scouts? If so, does anyone know who they are? Whilst Alan Hunte and now Gareth Carvell should be showing their face around the local amateur games, it shouldn't be their entire responsibility to scout players. This is where closer links with local clubs can help, any player showing promise and there should be a clear pathway for firstly notifying the club, the club sending down a coach/scout, making a judgement on the player and then either signing or continuing to monitor.

I said it before, but given the stark lack of numbers playing RL in Salford its criminal that we're allowing the likes of Wigan, Warrington and Saints to pick up players from our local teams.

RankPostsTeam
International Star783No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2016Nov 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Salford should be offering to buy ALL local clubs their kit and insurance, for all their teams each and every season' in exchange for the local clubs telling Salford of every promising lad coming through. A small price to pay to make sure no one slips through the net

39 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
39 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

20.166015625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Leigh it is
MattyB
7m
Rumours thread
Trojan Horse
10m