JoinedServiceReputation
May 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2018Sep 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Well done Solly! I was beginning to think I was out of sink, on the way back from Leeds I said to my daughter I would rather watch us play in the Championship then watch this circus. Those still peddling MK need to take their head out of the sand, clearly everyone cannot be wrong?

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman2524
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1217.jpg
Knowledge flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings:1217.jpg

JGR if Tim Sheens announces that he's staying for a full season rather than just the 12 weeks we know about (3 gone already) I'll happily join you in believing in the Tooth Fairy, Father Christmas and Dr K's skills in managing a rugby club.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2666No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201312 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2017Nov 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Salford Red Devils RLFC. [quote="Gotcha":y7izhg01]Salford won't win Super League in my lifetime. Even saying in jest they would sounds stupid.[/quote:y7izhg01]:

Quote: Chico "I'd implore anyone who feels this way to join Forever Reds and get involved. Even if you have issues with the trust, it is a legal entity, a registered company, so the likelihood of any shenanigans are slim.'"

No issue with FR at all, just wasn’t sure what was happening with it as it’s been very quiet on that front ever since Koukash took over.

This isnt me pushing an agenda for a supporters owned club, as at the moment I have little knowledge of whether it’s even a viable option but more understanding that should Koukash up and leave and there are no other multi-millionaires wanting to pump their cash in what possible options there could be us.

I am sure given recent events and the general feeling amongst fans at the moment, the interest would be there for a meeting to be held. We could even ask for a representative of Rochdale Hornets to attend to give us a brief overview of how they went around their own supporters takeover of the club.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2666No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201312 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2017Nov 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Salford Red Devils RLFC. [quote="Gotcha":y7izhg01]Salford won't win Super League in my lifetime. Even saying in jest they would sounds stupid.[/quote:y7izhg01]:

Quote: BartonFlyer "JGR if Tim Sheens announces that he's staying for a full season rather than just the 12 weeks we know about (3 gone already) I'll happily join you in believing in the Tooth Fairy, Father Christmas and Dr K's skills in managing a rugby club.'"

Cheers for the laugh. icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
Moderator7498
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2017Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1055_1445006780.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_1055.gif

Sorry JGR, I didn't mean to imply [iyou[/i had an issue with FR, I meant any supporter in general. icon_smile.gif

Forever Reds is affiliated with Supporters Direct, who have helped numerous football and rugby league clubs acquire shareholdings or even the entire club, including Rochdale Hornets. So they are well placed to move on this if required.

Personally, I would only look to step in if Koukash left the club and there was no buyer showing interest.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner5594
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Aug 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6329_1327085433.jpg
...Diagnosing SBD (Sporting Bipolar Disorder) since 2003... Negs bringing down the tone of your forum? Keyboard Bell-endery tiresome? Embarrassed by some of your own fans? Then you need... TheButcher I must be STOPPED!! Vice Chairman of The Scarlet Turkey Clique Grand Wizard Shill of Nibiru Prime & Dark Globe Champion Chairman of 'The Neil Barker School for gifted Clowns' "A Local Forum. For Local People":d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6329.jpg

Quote: redgunner "Well done Solly! I was beginning to think I was out of sink, on the way back from Leeds I said to my daughter I would rather watch us play in the Championship then watch this circus. Those still peddling MK need to take their head out of the sand, clearly everyone cannot be wrong?'"

I've heard a few people repeat this 'Those sticking-up for MK' or similar, yet I've not come across anyone openly sticking-up for him at all recently. The only thing close is people saying 'we wouldn't have a Club without MK' but it's always followed by a big BUT after it.

I suspect that it's actually just fans fracturing on more bad news tbh. The fans of Salford are ALL fed-up with MK and the way the Club is being run atm. At least all those I talk to and quite a lot I don't.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4314
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2018Sep 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32990_1435324474.jpg
First accept sadness. Realise that without losing 70% of the time, winning wouldn't be such a relief.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_32990.jpg

I honestly believe when Koukash took over he thought he could just throw big money at it, kick people's s, fire some out of the door and the team would be regularly playing in front of 10K home attendances and frequenting Old Trafford every October.

The reality is professional sports club's are rife with odd ball personalities, greed, ego's and all kinds of $hite that really takes some quality management. MK's biggest mistakes was appointing an inexperienced coach in Harris and getting overly involved in all kinds of things he shouldn't have. An owner of a club should be seen but not heard.

It does seem with the appointment of Tim Sheen's that the penny has eventually dropped but at what cost to Koukash himself and the club's Superleague future?

RankPostsTeam
Moderator7498
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2017Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1055_1445006780.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_1055.gif

I'm concerned about the sentiment that people would rather watch Salford in the Championship or League One than endure the current situation. I can’t believe anyone who endured the 2008 season could believe that, even with those cup finals. The stench of death lingers below Super League – if you’re not in there, you are nowhere.

Quote: theredshed "An owner of a club should be seen but not heard.'"

I don’t think that is a prerequisite. Brian Snape was vocal, it's just that he channeled his energies through official channels. Mind you, you didn’t have social media then!

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman651No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2024May 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Your in dreamland if you think Leeds and Salford would merge that will never happen:

Quote: Chico "I don’t think that is a prerequisite. Brian Snape was vocal, it's just that he channeled his energies through official channels. Mind you, you didn’t have social media then!'"

Aye. I've said before that Koukash should stay off Twitter but, to be honest, if the players seemed happy and we were winning stuff - in other words, if the actual running of the club seemed to be sound - I'm not sure I'd give a monkeys. Balls to the rest of the "rugby league family". However, the social media outbursts just seem to be very public examples of a very odd personality.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach10390No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11969.jpg
Me and are kid (TheButcher) putting the world two rights. ERIC SHAW PREDICTION LEAGUE & PLAY OFFS WINNER 2013 Don't like it? Well Frack off then. Energy & progress for all. Foe is our friend. mitie mouse, Lancetodd, Marshy1, eccles star, Dantes Inferno, Philyourboots, biggunbrad, DAVE@CAS1990, RED LEAGUE, OzWelsh, Red-Devils-PAW, newgroundb4wakey All blocked - Go ahead punk make my day.:11969.jpg

I think the Doc is guilty of wearing is heart on his sleeve and becoming a fan, for what he's done he is deserving of unending gratitude.

I do feel from the get go he has been incredibly ill informed by the people surrounding him, there doesn't seem at any point to have been a grand plan more grandiose ideas. We should have aimed slow sustainable progression rather than the boom or bust mentality everything seems to have been subjected to.

I am deeply concerned that there seems to be serious issues behind the scene, I hope that the arrival of Sheens heralds a new way of doing things and I hope it isn't all too late.

As for the likes of HH and Chase wanting out let them go, players will always come and go, I suspect that some of the players are on inflated wages used too tempt them all in the first place.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4314
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2018Sep 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32990_1435324474.jpg
First accept sadness. Realise that without losing 70% of the time, winning wouldn't be such a relief.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_32990.jpg

Quote: Michigan red "I think the Doc is guilty of wearing is heart on his sleeve and becoming a fan, for what he's done he is deserving of unending gratitude.

I do feel from the get go he has been incredibly ill informed by the people surrounding him, there doesn't seem at any point to have been a grand plan more grandiose ideas. We should have aimed slow sustainable progression rather than the boom or bust mentality everything seems to have been subjected to.

I am deeply concerned that there seems to be serious issues behind the scene, I hope that the arrival of Sheens heralds a new way of doing things and I hope it isn't all too late.

As for the likes of HH and Chase wanting out let them go, players will always come and go, I suspect that some of the players are on inflated wages used too tempt them all in the first place.'"

Absolutely, he obviously feels a huge burden of responsibility and will share the pain and frustration of the fans. I'm sure the current situation is hurting MK more than anybody but it could be a blessing in disguise. Had we sneaked in the top 8 under Harris it could have perhaps masked deeper issues and we may have been no better off or worse off next year.

As difficult as things are right now it could be an ideal opportunity for the Doc to take a backseat approach and start afresh by allowing Sheen's to build a much stronger team for the future on more solid foundations. This newly marketed club for me lacks spirit and you have to ask why? This is one of the very first things that needs addressing urgently.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach10390No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11969.jpg
Me and are kid (TheButcher) putting the world two rights. ERIC SHAW PREDICTION LEAGUE & PLAY OFFS WINNER 2013 Don't like it? Well Frack off then. Energy & progress for all. Foe is our friend. mitie mouse, Lancetodd, Marshy1, eccles star, Dantes Inferno, Philyourboots, biggunbrad, DAVE@CAS1990, RED LEAGUE, OzWelsh, Red-Devils-PAW, newgroundb4wakey All blocked - Go ahead punk make my day.:11969.jpg

Something that has always interested me since the Doc bought the club is the level of involvement the RFL have had.

It's well documented that Koucash knew nothing about RL before a chance meeting on a flight to Dubai and Nigel Wood badgering him to become involved in the sport.

You would have thought that when it became apparent that the Doc might buy Salford that the RFL would have stayed involved offering sound (well as sound as the RFL can provide on anything) advise on all matters RL and the running of the club.

It might be that the Doc rejected any such help or advise, I just find it odd that we seem too have a new white Knight who is getting closer and closer to the same scenario the old regime left us in.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2666No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201312 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2017Nov 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

It's simple, Koukash needs to sit back and let Sheens run the show. All Marwan should concern himself with is making sure the players wages are paid correctly and on-time along with any other bills due. This alone would solve 90% of the troubles we're currently experiencing.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1301No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2022Mar 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Michigan red "It might be that the Doc rejected any such help or advise, I just find it odd that we seem too have a new white Knight who is getting closer and closer to the same scenario the old regime left us in.'"

If I was guessing from what I've seen and heard,he's a guy who won't listen.
Always knows best.
Noble and Harris are solid RL men; Sheens even more so and across 2 continents.
No, he seems to fall out with everybody.
Worse still,he's very high profile so all our problems become big news.
He's doesn't seem to learn so can't see it happening now.
Depressing.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4314
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2018Sep 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32990_1435324474.jpg

Quote: Michigan red "

It might be that the Doc rejected any such help or advise, I just find it odd that we seem too have a new white Knight who is getting closer and closer to the same scenario the old regime left us in.'"

You only have to do the maths. It takes deep pockets to run a club like Salford in SL at maximum cap or near to cap with our small fanbase. We were basement dwellers but financially sound for years weren't we at the Willows, when the club was only spending about 1.2 - 1.4 million against cap. Recent history shows speculate and fail with Salford unfortunately.

52 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed
52 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.36083984375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Film game
karetaker
21m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
21m